International Simulation Football League
*Sam Roes Weeks 4-7 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Sam Roes Weeks 4-7 (/showthread.php?tid=25369)

*Sam Roes Weeks 4-7 - Roezam - 09-03-2020

Lets jump right into week 4 in Myrtle Beach. The day before the game we figured out which hotel they were going to stay in. Apparently they were staying in the Glass Light Hotel and Gallery. I guess they think they’re fancy. Anyways, Jaxon-Waxon, Rucker and I bribed the hotel staff to figure out what rooms their defense was in and got them to let us in them. We put whoopie cushions under all their pillows, classic. Game day comes around and we show up to the stadium at 8 in the morning for a few meetings before a light practice. The meetings were pretty boring. Our GM, The Great Bean, was talking about this great new play he discovered called Spider Y Banana or some shit, I don’t know I’m a defensive end. He just told the defense to run cover 3 all game like it's madden or something. Game time eventually shows up and we start off pretty even through the first half. Dre Matthews got a TD from Ramza and Skills had a short TD run. They happened to match us in the first half. Third quarter comes around and as Danny Devito said, “So anyway, I started blasting”, and we drop 27 points in the third quarter. Vaughne had a TD returned for an interception and Desoto also had an interception return as well. We also had 2 short touchdown runs from Rogers and Skrills. At this point we were already celebrating on the sideline. The Buccaneers scored a touchdown in the 4th and it didn’t matter anymore.

After the game coach let us party the night away before the next game against the Coyotes. We all piled into the Bugatti’s night club to drink and dance the night away. The next day we all showed up hungover and Coach made us run laps even though he was hungover also. Time to prepare for one of our bigger rivals, the Kansas City Coyotes. We spent all week talking about gameplan and strategies about how to counter the Coyotes elite passing attack. Day of the game it was pouring rain and we were ready for an ugly game. Was anyone ready for this ugly of a game? No. Combined between both teams there were barely 200 passing yards and 0 passing touchdowns. It was a lot of rushing attempts. The Coyotes had 187 rushing yards on 41 attempts while the Seawolves had 170 rushing yards on 41 attempts as well. Another fun fact? Both teams had 16 passing attempts. There has to have been some collusion here for the memes. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter as we won 10-3. At the after party the Coyotes GM Matty was seen partying with The Great Bean and our QB Ramza. More sketchy stuff happening between these front offices.

Getting ready to go on the road is always an interesting time. The guys all spend the night before we leave with their families or their dog. Or they might just play video games the whole night I don’t know. 2 days before the game we all met for a team breakfast at Handsome Biscuit. There was a vote between Handsome Biscuit and Charlie’s Cafe but Handsome Biscuit won by 2. We also had to promise the losers we would go to Charlie’s Cafe next week. What a bunch of losers, everyone knows Handsome Biscuit is the best. Who wouldn’t want a piece of fried chicken with an egg on top inbetween some beautifully made biscuits. MMM I’m hungry now. The flight to London took 12 long hours. This was my first time out of the country and man did this 5 hour time difference throw me for a loop. We left Virginia at 9am and arrived in London at 2am. We got checked into our hotel. Seemed like a pretty nice one, called The Savory Hotel. Maybe our GMs decided to ball out on a fantasy hotel finally. We also got to sleep till 11am before having to report to the stadium. Went through some standard practices, getting used to the turf etc. We had some standard meal prep meals of chicken, rice, and assorted veggies. It was alright, nothing fantastic. The chicken had a really good seasoning called bacon chipotle on it. Little bit of a kick, not bad. After practice we got to go sightseeing for a while. Some of the defense and I went to go see Buckingham Palace and St Paul's Cathedral before getting dinner at Camden Market. The next day we showed up at the stadium 6 hours before gametime to start getting things in order. We went over the gameplan, made sure our equipment was ready, and ate breakfast and lunch. Gametime. Game started off pretty even with a trio of field goals. Two for us and 1 for them. But the second quarter was brutal. They dropped 24 points on us and we were tired and gassed at halftime. The 12 hour flight and 5 hour time change was a lot to adjust to in 3 days. We had an uneventful 3rd quarter and got a single TD in the 4th quarter. We ended up losing 33-13. It made for a long flight home. We left that night at 9pm. Got back to Virginia at around 4 or 5am. Coach gave us a couple days to readjust to the time zone.

It was time to start preparing to go against the Luchadores. We had a couple of practices at our own stadium before heading to Tijuana all the way in California. Another long 12 hour flight with a 3 hour time hour difference. This part of the schedule is brutal. We left Norfolk at noon and got there at around 10pm. We got checked into our hotel. This one looked fairly fancy, and was called Hotel Lucerna. We had a hotel dinner and went to bed. We had similar day before game day activities. We went to the practice field at 10am and did walkthroughs. We were allowed to go explore Tijuana after practice. Some of us went to go check out the Tijuana Cultural Center to watch a play. I’m not even going to try and replicate its name, but it was an interesting play and a really interesting building. The museum part was also cool. It was a bunch of pieces that talk about the history of the Baja Peninsula. On our way out we walked the Jardin Caracol, the pre-Hispanic style garden. We got some food at Brenda’s Mercado Hidalgo Market. Had some fantastic street food before heading back to the hotel. Gameday. We got to the stadium at noon. Went through some walkthroughs and gameplan strategies. We had a later game. Game started off pretty even with a touchdown a piece in the 1st and another touchdown for each team in the 2nd. Going into halftime we were pretty tired. These back to back weeks of long flights and time zone differences were really catching up to us. We came out flat in the 3rd quarter and they scored 10 points on us. The 4th quarter came up with 2 goose eggs. We ended up losing 23-14. It made for a long flight home that night.

This string of 4 games was a brutal section of our schedule. We won our two games where we were fresh. Really goes to show how important regular sleep schedules are. Maybe the team should invest in some Whoop bands to help us get better rest. Hopefully our coming schedule will be better. At least our next game is at home against Portland.