International Simulation Football League
*A Look at Timmy Dimbi: Week Five Through Ten - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *A Look at Timmy Dimbi: Week Five Through Ten (/showthread.php?tid=25401)

*A Look at Timmy Dimbi: Week Five Through Ten - Tylar - 09-04-2020

A Look at Timmy Dimbi: Week Five Through Ten

This week Timmy Dimbi is going into his first full week of game action in the Developmental Simulation Football League with the Tijuana Luchadores. This week the Tijuana Luchadores the London Royals at home who are currently 2-2 and play away at Portland Pythons who are also 2-2 next week in week 6. The defensive tackle has been putting in a lot of work on the training grounds this week putting in many practice hours. Dimbi has been mostly putting work into a physical shape including working on his strength in the weight room and some speed. He has definitely made some improvements which were described by the Tijuana Luchadores defensive coach and head coach after the final practice yesterday

“Timmy has definitely shown a lot of improvement since joining us last week. I know it has only been a week but he has put in work. He is noticeably stronger with the pads and you can see he is moving quickly and with purpose. As a defensive coach, I can see the potential and talent. He has the strength and speed to compete in this league for sure. I think we will see his name on the stat sheet a bit more now that he has gotten invaluable training hours. I am excited to see how he performs this week.”

“Timmy has come in and fit in pretty well. He has done everything we have asked of him and as a head coach, I am impressed. I can see the improvement and know he worked hard this week to be prepared. He has come in and tried to learn as much as he can and asked questions. I respect the hell out of him as a player and a person. I am excited to see how this week goes and beyond. He is going to turn some heads.”

Vs London Royals
The Tijuana Luchadores were heading into this game following two consecutive close losses and needed a big win here. The London Royals and Tijuana Luchadores played a close game with many point swings and big plays. At the end of the game, the Tijuana Luchadores came out on top over the London Royals by a score of 24-20. The story of the game for the London Royals was quarterback Cortez who posted a 101.9 quarterback rating for the game. For the Tijuana Luchadores the story of the game was their defense. Their defense recorded a total of 6 sacks in the game. Leading the way was NationalSimulation FootballLeague who recorded 10 tackles and a sack as well as Schnell who recorded 8 tackles, 1 sack, and two pass disruptions.  For rookie defensive tackle Timmy Dimbi it was a good third game in the league. Dimbi recorded 1 tackle and was able to record his first-ever Developmental Simulation Football League sack. Dimbi finally got his hands on a quarterback and had this to say after the game.

“I was pretty excited about my first ever sack. It was nice to contribute a bit especially with the way our defense was playing in the game. I feel like it is a sign of things to come for me and I am getting better. I hope to get my hands on more quarterbacks and become a terrorizing figure on the defensive line. Our offense was having some struggles so we knew as a defense we needed to clamp down and battle. At the end of the day though, we won the game and we showed why we are one of the best defensive lines in the league and teams should fear us as we continue to grow and develop. The Tijuana Luchadores defensive line is coming for all the quarterbacks.”
[Image: Redskins_Camp_Football_15792.jpg-8823b_c...f3e26d4de1]

@ Portland Pythons
After coming off a nice win at home against the London Royals, the Tijuana Luchadores next game was against the Portland Pythons away from home. The Tijuana Luchadores were coming off an excellent defensive performance and were going to need another one in this game especially in an away game. In this game, the Tijuana Luchadores came out swinging with 14 points in the first quarter. Then the Tijuana Luchadores came back swinging in the fourth quarter scoring 14 points to take the game 34-27 over the Portland Pythons which was a big away win for the Tijuana Luchadores as it sets up a big home match-up next week with the top team in the league the Norfolk Seawolves who are currently 5-1. This game saw Tijuana Luchadores quarter Boss Jr put up 148 throwing yards but also two interceptions. Meanwhile, the Portland Pythons quarterback Howitzer posted up 207 yards and a 109.3 quarterback rating. The Tijuana Luchadores spread their offense around this game but had more success on the run between their two running backs. Tijuana Luchadores running backs Theeks and Mills both ran for just over 100 yards in this game. On the defensive side of the game for the Tijuana Luchadores, Tate recorded two sacks and Alexander-Arnold recorded two pass disruptions and an interception. Once again the Tijuana Luchadores defense had an impact in this game. Rookie defensive tackle Timmy Dimbi recorded two tackles on the game and had this to say:

“Overall I feel like I had a decent game. I was able to get in there and disrupt their offensive line. I felt like I was opening things up which led to our defensive line to make some plays. I am happy with my game right now and I know the stats will come eventually. I just gotta keep grinding in training and continue to battle on the field. The more games I get into the battle and the more confident I will be. I feel like these past few games I have really shown that I am improving and can play in this league. I am pumped about winning though. It is nice to put up two straight wins after coming up short previously. I am super excited for next week to play the Norfolk Seawolves as they are considered the best team in the league. We need to show them who really is the best team which is the Tijuana Luchadores.”

Vs Norfolk Seawolves
This game was a big one for the Tijuana Luchadores as they battled the top team in the Developmental Simulation Football League the Norfolk Seawolves. With a win in this game, the Tijuana Luchadores would leapfrog the Norfolk Seawolves at the top of the Conference and overall league due to tiebreakers. The game was highly spirited with two close quarters of football. The Norfolk Seawolves lead 7-6 after one quarter. After two quarters it was 17-13. In the third quarter the Luchadore offense awoke and put up 10 points and the Tijuana Luchadores defense kept the Norfolk Seawolves at bay with 0 points. The Tijuana Luchadores and Norfolk Seawolves would play a scoreless fourth quarter to have the game end with a 23-14 scoreline in favor of the Tijuana Luchadores. The Tijuana Luchadores had an overall impressive game with a total of 344 offensive yards. Running backs Theeks and Mills combined for a total of almost 20 rushing yards in the win. The Tijuana Luchadores defense combined for 1 sack, 4 pass disruptions, and 4 interceptions on the night which is impressive. They also made some big plays near the end of the game in the fourth quarter to keep the Norfolk Seawolves off the board and secure the win. Timmy Dimbi had a quiet night only recording a 5-yard penalty but overall  Timmy Dimbi seemed happy with his effort:

“I felt like my effort was there tonight, I just did not produce the tackles. I felt like I made some openings and forced their offensive line to make some plays. I was disruptive and kept coming at them. I feel like I worked and battled hard and the results will come. It is nice that my teammates on the defensive side kind of just battle every night and continuously perform at such a high level, it is honestly impressive. I hope that I can develop into a better player and contribute more consistently, but it will just take some time. I am pretty excited to be on the best team in the league though and I would say the best defense in the league. This win felt great and our team deserved it in my honest opinion.”

Timmy Dimbi has been training hard these past few weeks to get himself into tip-top shape for the Tijuana Luchadores. Thus far, Dimbi has made some big strides in his physical game including his speed and strength. The most noticeable difference in Timmy Dimbi is his overall speed. Dimbi is noticeably faster in his first step and once he gets going for a big man. While Dimbi is noticeably faster, it has not really shown in his play on the field, but it will eventually maybe not this season. Thus far Dimbi has been mostly focusing on his speed but he will soon switch focus to his strength. Dimbi’s goal for his first season in the DSFL is to get stronger and faster and so far he has been doing that. Once next season hits he should be more physically ready to dominate the opposition and be more able to focus on his technical football skills.

“I am pretty happy with my training regiment so far. I know I am faster and I feel faster. I feel like for defensive tackles being fast helps a lot. I think the fact I have improved my speed a lot will help in my goal to get drafted into the ISFL. I know I have a lot more work to do, but having the speed will definitely be helpful. My next goal is to start gaining strength which will allow me to physically dominate my opponents.”

@Dallas Bulldogs
The Luchadores came into this game looking and feeling pretty good about themselves. The Bulldogs came out strong while the Luchadores were still trying to find themselves in the game. The Luchadores offense struggled with quarterback Boss Jr going 17/33 and threw an interception. The Tijuana Luchadores ran into discipline problems taking 12 penalties for 82 yards in total for the game. The Tijuana Luchadores lost this one 18-10. Although it was a home game, the Tijuana Luchadores struggled quite a bit and were extremely undisciplined throughout the game which was a recipe for disaster. Timmy Dimbi recorded one tackle and a penalty for 5 yards. Overall an impressive game from Dimbi as well as the Tijuana Luchadores. Here is what Timmy Dimbi had to say:

“This game was a bit of a struggle for me. I was not able to really do much. This game was extremely frustrating as we kept getting penalty calls. We never really found our grove during the game until it was too late. I feel like this was one of the worst performances thus far this season from us. This is a game we forget happened and just move on. I know I can be a lot better and so do many of the guys. We will win our next game though because our team is focused and going to put work in for the next one.”

[Image: w640xh480_GettyImages-1061875680.jpg?ts=1555599279]

Vs Myrtle Beach Buccaneers
The Tijuana Luchadores were coming off what most would call a bad loss against the Dallas Bulldogs. The Tijuana Luchadores once again started off a bit slow going down 7-0 in the first quarter. They Tijuana Luchadores would come back in the second half putting up 14 points on top of their 3 from the second quarter to win the game 17-14. The Tijuana Luchadores found success in their run game and special teams. Quarterback Boss Jr threw an interception, zero touchdowns, and went 18/28. The Tijuana Luchadores defense secured 3 sacks. Timmy Dimbi recorded just one tackle. The Tijuana Luchadores also took quite a few penalties again in this game. Here is what Timmy Dimbi had to say about the win:

“I am pretty happy we got the win. We kind of had to grind this one out. Overall I thought our team did pretty good. I think we could have maybe used a bit more polish on both sides of the ball but it is something we can take from this game. I was kind of disappointed with myself, to be honest. I can not get too down on myself because I am new to the league and joined in the middle of the season. I am still kind of adjusting to the league kind of. I just hope I can get better and contribute a bit more to the game and have an impact. At the end of the day, getting the win is more important. I am not really satisfied with my individual performance lately, but I am sure it will come eventually.”

Vs Kansas City Coyotes
The Tijuana Luchadores came into this game off a win against Myrtle Beach and were feeling pretty confident. Their defense has been on a tear lately and their offense has been good as well. The game started with a Tijuana Luchadores getting a field goal and that's it for the first quarter. The second quarter saw both teams get a touchdown. The third quarter saw the Tijuana Luchadores get another field goal to put themselves up by 6 points. The fourth quarter is when all the action in this game happens. Both teams put up 14 points and the Tijuana Luchadores came out on top 27-21 at home against the Kansas City Coyotes. The Tijuana Luchadores quarterback Boss Jr. had an interesting game going 18/34 for 218 yards along with 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. The run game was once again strong, and receiver Howlett had quite the game.  On the defensive side, the Tijuana Luchadores had another strong outing with 4 sacks, 1 interception, 4 pass disruptions, and a touchdown. Defensive tackle Timmy Dimbi had a decent game recording 2 tackles and his second career sack.

“I am pretty happy with my performance. Getting that sack felt pretty good. It is nice to get my hands on the quarterback. I know my job is to create space for our linebackers to make plays, so it is nice to be able to make the play myself. It is also great we have been winning, and I feel like our team is getting better and better as well as getting closer as a group. I feel pretty good about our team and feel like I belong on the team. They make me feel like a valued member and I appreciate them for it. Now we look forward to next week where we want to have a good game at home again to keep our place in first.”

With that being said, this has been the reflection of Timmy Dimbi’s week five through ten in the Developmental Simulation Football League. Dimbi has been in the league for 7 weeks and still has some work to do. We will continue to look at his performances in the upcoming weeks.

Code:
2520 Words

RE: A Look at Timmy Dimbi: Week Five Through Ten - Ben - 09-04-2020

we love Timmy <3 TIJ