International Simulation Football League
Private Conversations Public? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Private Conversations Public? (/showthread.php?tid=2546)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Private Conversations Public? - Oles - 07-24-2017

With the Matt James drama saga still in full swing, he recently made available a conversation, which was private, to the media. It shows people in the Philadelphia locker room discussing how holdouts should not be able to take part in the training camps available. This is something that Matt James did while holding out after asking for an egregious amount of money from the Liberty. So we’ve already established that he has broken 1 rule and we’ve only just started examining the situation. The only other notable conversation was a player asking if there have been any offers, or inquiries, into a possible trade for the man who seems to think that communication comes from not communicating, and thus got selected by a team he never wanted to be a part of, but obviously had a need at OL. As soon as the players heard of the holdout it seems as if they were just waiting for him to be traded, as from their point of view James never had any intent to play for Philadelphia, so it would make sense as to why they would ask about a trade when talking to the GM. The GM only ever said that the one offer was a lowball, with no exact information about the deal that was offered, so it isn’t like the players were up to date on negotiations.

I believe Matt James should be stripped of anything done for the S2 preseason. His training camp TPE gains from the rookie camp and training camp should not be awarded, as he broke the rules pertaining to his holdout. I know I have never seen someone hold out and attend training camp, so this seems like a weird situation in which he gained experience for sitting at home, whining about not getting a deal from the Liberty that could handicap the salary cap in the future. You’d figure his agent would be up to date on any rules of the league and would make sure he didn’t break any of them while holding out, but obviously the agent doesn’t seem to care about the player, just the money the player earns.

How would I feel if a teammate revealed my conversations without my consent? I’d feel betrayed, that teammate would be equal to the trashcan at a movie theatre that still gets a lot of people but hasn’t been updated in 20 years. If a teammate revealed something like that, name and all, to the public that is the ultimate betrayal of trust, and any future teammates should take that into consideration. Who knows when he’ll do It to you, it’s only a matter of time. If you can’t trust a teammate to keep private conversations actually private, how could you ever trust, or respect, someone who does that? Did he do anything wrong though, is what he did tampering, collusion, or any other big scary buzzword that will scare GMs? Multiple officials have told me that what he did was not a violation of any rules. While it may not be a violation of rules, it is a violation of trust and that is something that I cannot stand, especially from someone who thinks communicating means leaving everyone in the dark about your situation. I know I would have communicated with my possible teammates first, to let them know on the situation. I would never make the first communication I had with my new teammates an article basically saying the team and GMs suck, and whining because the team would dwarf any contract that fellow rookies have gotten.

It’s surprising that his agent lacks so much knowledge about the rules, considering most leagues force prospective agents to take a test in order to earn a license to represent players in the league. It wouldn’t make sense for his agents to not know anything about the rules, and as such seems like negligence to me, especially considering this agency claims to be some sort of high powered agency where the top players should go to for representation.

(677 words)

Graded

Private Conversations Public? - Kristy95 - 07-24-2017

Preach

Private Conversations Public? - theFlock - 07-24-2017

That is all a little harsh considering Durden did the same thing to the Arizona Outlaws, except release names. If action is truly sought, then the League Officials will handle it accordingly.

Private Conversations Public? - Dangles13 - 07-24-2017

Look at all these people trying to pad their bank accounts by dragging poor Mr. James through the mud.

Private Conversations Public? - RainDelay - 07-24-2017

(07-24-2017, 06:01 AM)Dangles13 Wrote:Look at all these people trying to pad their bank accounts by dragging poor Mr. James through the mud.

It's getting quite hilarious, actually

Private Conversations Public? - theFlock - 07-24-2017

(07-24-2017, 06:03 AM)RainDelay Wrote:It's getting quite hilarious, actually
I support it as long as it's a valid talking point. I hope he is nothing but problems. :lol:

Private Conversations Public? - timeconsumer - 07-24-2017

If we add up all the posts about the Matt James situation will it be longer than the 10 page Clegane thread?

Private Conversations Public? - SimmerDownBruhh - 07-24-2017

Haters gonna hate!

Private Conversations Public? - RainDelay - 07-24-2017

(07-24-2017, 06:53 AM)timeconsumer Wrote:If we add up all the posts about the Matt James situation will it be longer than the 10 page Clegane thread?

Likely. Especially if you include Adam's threads.

Private Conversations Public? - Silver Fox - 07-24-2017

My main issue right now is that his last screenshot had a discord channel (off topic) that we hadn't yet created when he was allowed in there, so he must have snuck back in somehow, taken a screenshot, and then left again. Trying to figure out how to ban him from it but there's no record of him having been there again. Anyone have any ideas?