International Simulation Football League
(S24) - PT 5 - Trade Ya - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S24) - PT 5 - Trade Ya (/showthread.php?tid=25491)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

(S24) - PT 5 - Trade Ya - Baron1898 - 09-07-2020

(S24) - PT 5 - Trade Ya

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. All graphic responses must show at least some effort.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S24 claim thread.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit.
Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit.

We’ve had a number of incidences involving PT plagiarism. If you are caught stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please.

This task is due next Sunday, September 13th, at 11:59 EDT. Have fun and get writing!

Written Option: This past week saw the premiere of Dotts, the ISFL’s official trading card series. The cards are still in their infancy but there is a lot of room to grow, especially with new cards and special packs. In 200 words or more, write about any number of additions you would make to the current catalog. This can be anything from a Fair Rubs Club series, older awards, special Ultimini winning teams, or even Gimmy Jarappolo’s religion. What other systematic changes would you make to improve the Dotts experience?

OR, for people with no experience with trading cards, write 200 words or more on the league economy. One of the primary aims of Dotts is to take money out of circulation to hypothetically increase the value of contracts and free agency. What other ways do you think that this problem could be solved? If you were given the reigns as league commissioner, how would you incentivize people to not take minimum contracts? This could range anywhere from altering the salary cap, raising TPE salary minimums, or another way to pull money out of the economy.

Graphic Option: Design at least one card out of a special series of Dotts cards.

As always, you can link your affiliate PT:
SHL;
GOMHL;
PBE.

RE: (S24) - PT 5 - Trade Ya - Faded - 09-07-2020

Alright, so I put a place holder here so I can procrastinate till the deadline. But this time its gonna change, cause there are some things i wanna say about Dotts. On a surface level, it looks so cool! You have trading cards of your own player, legends from other eras of play, or whatever. But, first issue. They are trading cards. They have no value other than pixels on a screen. And the chances are so low of getting any of the special players (which is the point but whatever) that you are wasting 500k a day to get some random players and maybe one blue or red card. I don't wanna start draining my bank account daily for one pack that is statistically gonna give me garbage. Solutions? Well, bump the price down, be able to purchase multiple packs a day, and maybe put more cards in the pack, giving peple the ability to have a better chances of pulling cooler cards.

(Tangent; People are saying that all Dotts is doing is trying to take the money out of the economy and away from the richer players in this league. That is a pretty hard reach, because I don't understand how 500k a day is gonna make a dent into the people with money up to the 200 millions.)

Tl;dr. Good idea by the league, but it could use some tweaking and such.

(236 words)

RE: (S24) - PT 5 - Trade Ya - C9Van - 09-07-2020

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S24) - PT 5 - Trade Ya - Eldorian - 09-07-2020

PBE PT

RE: (S24) - PT 5 - Trade Ya - Vainknight13 - 09-07-2020

Well I don't care about these cards, so this is gonna be dumb. Well to start give them mana, lots of mana like swamps and forests, maybe some mountains and plains how else are these totally not useless cards going to cast spells. They can't even use instants let alone sorceress, how are they going to aummon their zombie hordes or eldrazi monstrosities, give them lands!! Alternatively if you don't want to give these cards mana, perhaps give them magic and trap cards. Could you imagine someone running their running back card down the field, all the sudden, Boom!! You've activated my god damn trap card, your Forrest Gump is sent straight to the graveyard. Perhaps we can pick five random players that can combine into Exodia, the Forbidden One thus instantly winning you the game!

Bare minimum these cards should be telling us the players favorite Pokémon, and their favorite anime since everybody on this website is a closet weeb. How else are we going to know? Give us something useful the ability to play with them together with our magic the gathering cards or are Pokémon cards, I could see my card one day being a gym leader perhaps of the fighting or psychic type, who knows! Right now the cards are completely defenseless, at least give them mana!!

RE: (S24) - PT 5 - Trade Ya - enigmatic - 09-07-2020

SHL PT

RE: (S24) - PT 5 - Trade Ya - nunccoepi - 09-07-2020

Using my 4th PT pass  <------link

RE: (S24) - PT 5 - Trade Ya - SchwarzNarr - 09-07-2020

I understand that the trading cards are very cool in concept, and were also created as another way to get money out of the ISFL economy, but personally, they fall 100% flat. For the first reason, why would I ever buy cards and own them when I can see the cards posted on the forums, in locker rooms, and apparently on the Dotts website. All I personally care about Dotts is being able to see the cards. Is there any mechanic to stop me from downloading that picture and adding it as a signature? Not that I’m aware of, it’s 100% not in the rules right now, and quite frankly, I don’t know if it should be. Are we really going to police someone’s Dotts catalogue to know if they own a card to use it? Secondly, even if I was going to purchase Dotts cards, there are currently over 250 active players in the league. Right now, you cannot buy enough packs and enough cards to get a card per active player. This means that if you wanted to get everyone’s card at every TPE level they would have throughout their career, this is completely impossible right now. What’s the point of something collectable if you literally have no way to collect them all. The last big issue I have is that they are offering duplicate cards within a pack or even within a season. So now, out of your 250 cards, you might get duplicates, making it further impossible for a player to get all of the cards each season. For me, Dotts is a complete failure and there is literally no way I’m spending my league money on it. If you created it with the intention of removing money from the economy, you failed in the desires of some of the richest players. TL;DR - you need to offer more of an incentive to buy than you already have, you need to allow more packs per day/per season/per week (because why would you limit me if your entire goal is getting money out of the league economy).

RE: (S24) - PT 5 - Trade Ya - LancedJack - 09-07-2020

A series of cards I think would be quite handy to see from the Dotts cards would be something based on player origination location. A series of cards with either flags on the background or with a smaller flag icon on the actual card itself would be great to see. Whilst this would lend itself a bit to a US Centric series of cards, with most players themselves originating from the US it would really help identify those players who were not created from the US. Packs themselves could be potentially split by Country (ie buy the Canada pack, the UK pack etc) or could be potentially split by state and then country in order to split up the saturated US cards. This could be a slight problem if, for example, someone has set their players location as Kathmandu and they only want their own card so just buy that, but could be a fun and unique way of distributing a unique series of cards along with something showing the potential diversity that we have for players characters. On top of that it allows you to use existing art work for ease of transition and pack creation. This could also potentially contain locale facts somewhere the card, the "back" for example.

RE: (S24) - PT 5 - Trade Ya - IsaStarcrossed - 09-07-2020

I will be real for this PT. i have no interest in Dotts whatsoever. I think its a cool idea, but it just isn't my thing. There are so many things that need to be worked on before I become remotely interested. First off? What is with most of the cards just being the draft graphics with a Dotts overlay pasted on it? If I wanted to see my draft graphics again, i could just go grab my draft card again and look at it. The fact that 90% of the cards are already open source without the Dotts overlay makes it something that isn't really worth spending money on to me. I mean unless my player was actually good and won an award, there is nothing there for me. The fact is, most of the league didn't get a super flashy MVP card. The base cards just being draft graphics is an absolutely massive miss and is the primary reason I won't buy. Then there is the purchase limit. Why is there a limit? You want to take money out of the economy, but then you cap it. Now the people who really want to spend money on Dotts can't. You can easily make up the limit from your bank account with minimum effort every week. If I want to drop in and spend $100 million on cards, I should be able to. The current system? Well you would need 2-3 full seasons to ever be able to find all the cards. And that is if you got unique cards on every single pull. Remove the cap. it makes no sense. And for those who think people will just lose interest if they buy a ton of cards to start? Those who are buying cards will want to continue buying cards when new ones come out. That is kind of the point of a card collection game in the first place. Besides, it makes no difference if they spend $100m now or $100m over a year. Its still $100m spent. Thank you for coming to my Ted talk.