International Simulation Football League
*ISFL GMs Take Note - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *ISFL GMs Take Note (/showthread.php?tid=25516)

Pages: 1 2

*ISFL GMs Take Note - iStegosauruz - 09-08-2020

We are rapidly hurtling towards the playoffs - by Friday we’ll know what teams are making the playoffs in anyone’s game race in the ASFC and a photofinish between Chicago and Yellowknife in the NSFC. What the end of the season approaching means is that draft season will be upon us shortly S25 prospects will be bombarded with scouting question after scouting question as teams try to build the perfect draft board that will keep them organized in their question to maintain - or in some situations develop - an active, earning locker room.

For teams that will be picking at the top of the draft - one of which will not be my Austin Copperheads (heck you @Amidships) - this draft should be an easy one. I’ve seen two ISFL drafts since the one in which I went first overall, and in all of those drafts there were multiple prospects that I could’ve argued should have been the first overall pick.

In Season 22 - my draft - first overall probably came down to Tesla and I, with each of us having an equal shot depending on which expansion team ended up with the first pick. Had Sarasota ended up with the first overall pick - which had subsequently been traded to New Orleans, I had little doubt that they would select Tesla. When Honolulu’s pick ended up first overall I knew that I’d be the pick because all indications were that the Austin Copperheads had traded up for me. There were some great players who had darkhorse shots at that honor as well - and arguably should’ve been the pick. Memento Mori is a stud user who to this day I’m continually impressed by. Colabear is someone who was held in high regard going into the draft and I’ve grown closer to via our work together in Head Office this season - he is/was absolutely deserving of the honor as well. Mithrandir snuck into the first round and was a steal at pick 12. He also had true first overall potential. Thevoicelesscreator is the same way.

In Season 23 there was a legitimate debate between Sylphreni and Amidships with the first overall pick. Both were deserving and neither were crazy to consider at the top of the draft. In Season 24 the first overall pick was going to be entirely based off what Chicago was looking for. If they wanted immediate help in the war room for testing purposes it made sense for it to be Maglubiyet or Tonzy. If they were looking for an immediate stud in the Locker Room to boost overall team activity the pick should’ve been Kyamprac.

In Season 25, however, I feel that the pick is more clean cut than that. If you’re a team picking first overall lock in @r0tzbua and call it a day. If he falls past the first overall pick lock him in and walk away knowing you got arguably the best pick in the draft and easily the best new create without having to trade up to the first overall pick. This isn’t complicated.

This is no slight to any of the great other creates in this class. There are legendary league vets such as Spec and Timeconsumer - I fully understand that. And for the right team they’re definitely worth a first overall pick. In this specific draft - one where an expansion team will be picking first overall - the pick is r0tz. The only user I’ve ever seen to have as impressive of an impact on a team’s locker room culture as a brand new player is Kyamprac. He’s the best prospect for teams looking for someone to aid in their war room or testing and should be an immediate add there for any team. The only reason I went first overall was because I had the patience to run millions of sims to the test minute details about the league that people only arguably care about. r0tz is the same way but also comes with the added bonus of having the tech savviness to be able to do that testing in a more concise, large scale manner. If you value my testing or think I’m obviously a good war room member (which you shouldn’t lmao testing is big dumb) then rest easy knowing that r0tz has learned from me and already outpaced me in his curiosity for the sim and his willingness to explore any option to produce that extra sliver of win % for a team.

This is a long, rambling piece of media that is basically summed up as me saying: don’t be dumb, take r0tzbua. He’s not going to come with the hype of some new members who have done flashy media. He’s not a wild gen-chat memer. What he is, however, is arguably the best war room prospect I’ve seen in my time in the league - more so than anyone I mentioned from previous drafts, including myself. We can all thank him for the best DSFL logo in the league now too after he redesigned Dallas from scratch. He’s unreasonably dedicated and enthusiastic about the league and will be a boon to whatever team ends up with him. 

I’d take him first overall and not blink. If you doubt me you should reach out and talk to him yourself. You'll walk away feeling the same way. 

p.s. he also has a cute dog. Like look at this majestic pup. 
[Image: image0.jpg]

RE: ISFL GMs Take Note - Crunk - 09-08-2020

He's S25 mate.

You missed Mag's class.

RE: ISFL GMs Take Note - iStegosauruz - 09-08-2020

(09-08-2020, 10:35 AM)Crunk Wrote: He's S25 mate.

You missed Mag's class.

Ah fuck good catch. I included Mag's in my breakdown but just labeled r0tz's wrong. Edited to fix.

RE: ISFL GMs Take Note - Crunk - 09-08-2020

(09-08-2020, 10:36 AM)iStegosauruz Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 10:35 AM)Crunk Wrote: He's S25 mate.

You missed Mag's class.

Ah fuck good catch. I included Mag's in my breakdown but just labeled r0tz's wrong. Edited to fix.

Ah yeah, sorry. I skim read too much. Smile

RE: ISFL GMs Take Note - Frostbite - 09-08-2020

Finn for 1oa!

RE: ISFL GMs Take Note - speculadora - 09-08-2020

I appreciate the sentiment that I'm in the running, but it's surprisingly bold of you to assume GMs are willing to cut like 2% off their precious sim test win rate for one season to secure my player's entire career

That being said, while I can't speak to the entire sentiment of this article, r0tzbua made me this sig which is just another rad thing he brings to the table

RE: ISFL GMs Take Note - Kyamprac - 09-08-2020

No, stoppit. Tank his stock so we have a tiny chance Sad 

I'm biased obviously but r0tz is an amazing human being with a lot of talent. Whoever gets him (and Finn) in the draft will be pleased with what he has to offer. Please treat him well<3

RE: ISFL GMs Take Note - Kyle - 09-08-2020

(09-08-2020, 10:43 AM)Frostbite Wrote: Finn for 1oa!

RE: ISFL GMs Take Note - Billybolo53 - 09-08-2020

GOAT TANK

RE: ISFL GMs Take Note - siddhus - 09-08-2020

@platanocat first overall or we riot