International Simulation Football League
*Sarasota vs Honolulu - Who had the better expansion draft? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Sarasota vs Honolulu - Who had the better expansion draft? (/showthread.php?tid=25521)

Pages: 1 2

*Sarasota vs Honolulu - Who had the better expansion draft? - DatSmolBoi - 09-08-2020

The last time I made a rankings media I got some massive disagreements about my list. So then I thought "hmmmm, I did make some mistakes with my last list so I should try to actually be more accurate on my list, but I also made some good money through it too...
I decided to try to do them both, here's how it went.

So I saw this media earlier that talked about the expansion team Birddogs and where their Birddog players went in the ISFL draft. That gave me this weird idea. What if I do the last expansion draft in the ISFL and rank the players of who Sarasota and Honolulu chose? Hoho, slightly devilish Seymour. So without further ado, here is my terrible list about who had the better expansion draft for S22.

And the first pick in the NSFL Expansion draft, the Sarasota Sailfish select...

Draftee: Dexter Banks II
Position: WR
DSFL Team: Kansas City Coyotes
College: Georgia 
TPE Now: 1109
Peak TPE: 1164
Originally Drafted by: Orange County Otters
Drafted In: Pick 1

Grade: A+
Dexter Banks has been a huge hit for the Sailfish. His decision to switch from WR to QB has been fucking great right now as he has the most passing yards in the season with 3957 yards making the Sailfish go 10-3 of the season and probably a guaranteed playoff spot at this point.

And the second pick in the NSFL Expansion draft, the Honolulu Hahalua selects...

Draftee: Mack Arianlacher 
Position: LB
DSFL Team: Tijuana Luchadores
College: Stanford
TPE Now: 720
Peak TPE: 728
Originally Drafted by: New Orleans Second Line
Drafted In: Pick 2

Grade: C-
The first player selected for the Honolulu Hahalua is....decent. Only one problem though. He went IA, so that loses some points. Again, he was decent for a couple of seasons with Honolulu but being IA loses a lot of points.

Hahalua select...

Draftee: Jed Podolak
DSFL Team: Tijuana Luchadores
College: Fullton College
TPE Now: 936
Peak TPE: 936
Originally Drafted by: New Orleans Second Line
Drafted In: Pick 3
Grade: A

2 picks in a row where they were with the Luchadores and got drafted by New Orleans. Jed Podolak has been doing great as the WR1 for the Hahalua and has many more years before he calls it quits. Until then, he has been a powerful exponent for the offense.

Sailfish Select...

Draftee: Fabricio Baldari
Position: DE
DSFL Team: San Antonio Marshalls/Minnesota Grey Ducks
College: Minnesota
TPE Now: 696
Peak TPE: 696
Originally Drafted by: Baltimore Hawks
Drafted In: Pick 4
Grade: D

THE DUDE IS A FUCKING POLAR BEAR! Yeah his user is also banned for about a season too. He didn't do that bad for his first season with Sarasota but i literally can't find him anywhere in the index in S23. I also can't find him on the TPE tracker as well. Long story short, he retired after his first season with the Sailfish probably. If he was still here he would had been a monster going into the Sailfish playoff run.

Sailfish select...

Draftee: Steco Ocewilder
College: Auburn 
TPE Now: 742
Peak TPE: 763
Originally Drafted by: Orange County Otters
Drafted In: Pick 5

Again, can't find him in the index at all. Looks like he is barely active and im literally so confused on how he is doing. TPE Tracker says hes on the otters, his wiki says he is unsigned (which would explain not being on the index) but he updated on the otters in August 20th. Maybe he left Sarasota and went back to the Otters? You know what? Ill just give him a C- and get over it.

Hahalua selects...

Draftee: Jayson Kearse
College: Michigan
TPE Now: 644
Peak TPE: 644
Originally Drafted by: Yellowstone Wraiths
Drafted In: Pick 6
Grade: B

Alright lets check him out- Oh no. 2 threads? Is he not active? Oh wait nvm I just checked his posts he is still active lmao. To sum it up, he is a solid B. He is pretty good at sacking as he got 5 sacks his first year in Honolulu but also only 29 tackles. His next year, he also got 5 sacks once again and improved his tackling numbers up going 35 tackles throughout the season.

Honolulu selects...

Draftee: Jacoby Clay
DSFL Team: Myrtle beach Buccaneers 
College: Louisiana 
TPE Now: 481
Peak TPE: 481
Originally Drafted by: Austin Copperheads
Drafted In: Pick 7
Grade: D+

I knew this felt like a weird pick and now I finally know why. He's IA. Sure he is still actually playing on the Hahalua roster but he is overshadowed by his other two receivers in honolulu. In conclusion, he is IA and is still on the roster. 

Sarasota selects...

Draftee: Jordan Andrews
Position: CB
College: UCLA
TPE Now: 562
Peak TPE: 705
His last team: New Orleans Second Line
Drafted In: Pick 8
Grade: A-

Jordan Andrews! We missed you in New Orleans! Tell us your story in Sarasota? Oh you got 3 interceptions in your time there that's great! You also got 51 tackles and 16 passes deflected? Wow! Looks like the Sailfish missed out on ya. *deeply stares into sarasotas gm eyes* In all seriousness though, Jordan Andrews was a great CB for the Sailfish and will probably be missed by them. But thats all in the past now, welcome back buddy!

Sarasota selects....

Draftee: Laszlo Forty-Two
College: West Virginia
TPE Now: 890
Peak TPE: 1332
His last team: Colorado Yeti
Drafted In: Pick 9
Grade: F

Shortly after the Sailfish drafted him, he didn't want to be there and tried to get traded to somewhere else but no other team would budge. This then started the trending hashtag "#FREE42" with fans wanting him to escape Sarasota and go to other teams. But once again, no team would want him. This sadly led to Forty-Two retiring because he didn't want to play in the league if he was going to be miserable. Looks like plan "#FREE42" worked out perfectly anyways.

Honolulu selects....

Draftee: Victor Moreno 
College: Arizona State
TPE Now: 328
Peak TPE: 328
His last team: Austin Copperheads
Drafted In: Pick 10
Grade: C

Well, the guy hasn't updated since March, but he really does want to be in Honolulu I guess because once Honolulu gave him a new contract deal he comes out of the void to say "accept" and then goes back to never post again. Unfortunately for Moreno, you actually have to be a little bit more active than that if you want to stay on the roster. The thing is though, that he is actually decent. If he could had been active a little bit more he would had probably been a prime factor for the Hahalua defense. Oh well, adios!

Honolulu selects....

Draftee: Ruff Ruff
Position: RB
College: Precious Paws Canine Institute
TPE Now: 500
Peak TPE: 500
His last team: Arizona Outlaws
Drafted In: Pick 11
Grade: C

If you thought a polar bear playing football was crazy, here comes A FUCKING DOG AS A RUNNINGBACK. HOW THE HELL ARE THEY GONNA TACKLE HIM WITHOUT HURTING HIM? Anyways, after leaving Arizona for Honolulu, he decided to retire because he would most likely go IA quick because he missed his Arizona buddies. Let me get this straight, HE SPENT 28 YEARS IN THE NSFL. THATS PROBABLY THE LONGEST YEARS A PLAYER HAS EVER GOTTEN AND I DON'T EVEN WANT TO RESEARCH IT TO FIND OUT.

Sarasota selects....

Draftee: Beat
Position: S
DSFL Team: IVE LITERALLY BEEN TRYING TO SEARCH FOR HIS DSFL TEAM FOR HOURS I CANT FUCKING FIND IT
College: [Apparently he didn't go to college]
TPE Now: 539
Peak TPE: 539
His last team: Chicago Butchers
Drafted In: Pick 12
Grade: B+

Hey look! A active player finally! The worst part about his name is that there is so many posts with the word "Beat" so I couldn't try to find it so easily. Good thing he posted on his updates 10 hours ago. Ill be honest, you did pretty bad on your first year with the Hahalua. BUT! You actually did pretty good in your next two years so heres this wooden B+ that you can show to your parents. 

Sarasota selects...

Draftee: Lucas Knight
DSFL Team: Norfolk Seawolves
College: Texas A&M
TPE Now: 622
Peak TPE: 1120
His last team: Arizona Outlaws
Drafted In: Pick 13

Grade: C+
From my perspective, he is doing great right now. Sure he didn't get 1 interception for his first two years in hahalua but hey! He finally got his interception this year! Can he do better? Definitely. Is he unexpected at sometimes? Hell yeah. Knight has a few more years left in this league. Better make the best of them. 

Honolulu selects...

Draftee: Venus Powers
Position: K/P
DSFL Team: Portland Pythons
College: Air Force
TPE Now: 1035
Peak TPE: 1035
His last team: Philidelphia Liberty
Drafted In: Pick 14
Grade: A+

A kicker! They needed one of those. In my opinion, she was one of the best players picked in the expansion draft. First year in Honolulu, make 15/16 field goals, get 4003 full punting yards in a season, and have a 93.8 field goal rate. Did I also mention she was the punter of the year that year? Oh and just one more stat to remember. She had the record for the NSFL's tied third all-time, longest field goal with a 57 yard kick. Great pick Honolulu.

Honolulu selects....

Draftee: Emondov Emoji
College: Washington
TPE Now: 953
Peak TPE: 1069
Drafted In: Pick 15

He really loves fantasy. Shortly after he was drafted in the expansion draft he would be alright in the games he played. Not great, not bad, just....alright. After the season he would retire because he would want to either make a new character and start over or because he was a philly superfan and didn't want to go to Honolulu.

Sarasota selects...

Draftee: Mike Franchet
College: Indiana 
TPE Now: 305
Peak TPE: 305
Drafted In: Pick 16
Grade: B

Don't worry Sailfish, this pick wasn't your fault. You can blame the shitty social media for this one. He was verbally attacked by the national media for being too vocally active in todays age. He basically got bullied from social media so badly he couldn't take it and just quit football and social media for good. I hope he's doing good today. Besides all of that shit, he was a legitimate good DE and could had been way better if it WASN'T FOR THAT GOD DAMN MEDIA 

Sarasota selects....

Draftee: Chase Jensen
DSFL Team: Palm Beach Solar Bears
College: Stanford
TPE Now: 537
Peak TPE: 893
Drafted In: Pick 17
Grade: D-

Wait, why? Why would you pick a IA player? I guess it was because you were hungry for draft picks so you can trade Jensen to the Wraiths right after you drafted him but you want to know how he was doing with the Wraiths? HE LITERALLY WON A ULTIMUS BOWL. Thats right, A IA PLAYER WON A ULTIMUS BOWL. AND HE DID GOOD TOO!

Honolulu selects....

Draftee: Jaylen Storm
College: Alabama
TPE Now: 531
Peak TPE: 531
His last team: Orange County Otters
Drafted In: Pick 18

Honolulu signs Jaylen Storm, Jaylen storm puts up weird stats, Jaylen storm tests free agency after the season, Jaylen storm dosen't really want to go to Yellowknife because his gms aren't there anymore, Jaylen Storm Retires. Im starting to think the expansion draft ruins a lot of careers.

Honolulu selects...

Draftee: Joseph Wozniak 
College: Michigan
TPE Now: 345
Peak TPE: 345
His last team: San Jose Sabercats
Drafted In: Pick 19
Grade: F

Another IA Player that is currently not on a team right now. Im pretty sure they were trying to trade this guy but no one would really budge for a IA player. This resulted in him getting cut from the team and basically never playing football in the NSFL again.

Sarasota selects....

Draftee: Freezer Riposte 
Position: DT
College: Hawaii 
TPE Now: 201
Peak TPE: 1273
His last team: San Jose Sabercats
Drafted In: Pick 20
Grade: D+

This guy is old as fuck. He comes from S12 and was recently unprotected. Are you sure you want to draft him? Congratulations! You drafted old man Freezer Riposte and you know what he does after his first year in Honolulu? Thats right baby he fuckin retired just like everyone else!

Alright, 4 more picks to go. I can finish this. Sarasota with the 21st pick selects....

Draftee: Johnny Blaze
Position: TE
College: Boston College
TPE Now: 357
Peak TPE: dont really care about this right now
His last team: Orange County Otters
Drafted In: Pick 21

Johnny Blaze is also pretty old as he goes with the S13 section of the group. Im pretty sure you can tell he was unhappy with being a TE and wanted to recreate as a QB. And yes, he did retire to stay in Florida and go to a retirement home. Although he retired with about a year of being with the Sailfish, I think we would like to go to their team for his next recreation too. So for Sarasota, you have player trust!

Honolulu selects....

Draftee: James Bishop
College: Baylor
TPE Now: 357
Peak TPE: dont really care about this right now
His last team: Colorado Yeti
Drafted In: Pick 22

Jesus christ, this guy had a great ending to his career. Yes he's pretty old but this time he has a purpose. To win a Ultimus with Colorado. That means he has to leave Honolulu and take a flight all the way back to Colorado. Then spend his final year with a great season making the Ultimus and facing the Otters. They are fucked right? Well....not yet. I won't explain the whole story of 21-3 here but let me just say that James Bishop had purpose to win a Ultimus and he probably couldn't do that with the expansion team Hahalua. So basically what im trying to say to Honolulu is that you didn't need him, Colorado did.

2 MORE PICKS LEFT. The Honolulu Hahalua selects....

Draftee: Sandip "Sandy" Bakshi
College: Syracuse
TPE Now: 273
Peak TPE: 648
His last team: Baltimore Hawks
Drafted In: Pick 23

This is actually the dude's second expansion draft that he was drafted in. Just a little fun fact for you. Apparently this guy just went IA because I literally can't find any retirement post that he posted. As for his performance on Honolulu...um....uh....okay. His performance was okay. Honestly im tired of IA players in the expansion draft, lets hope this last pick is good.

In the final pick in the NSFL Expansion Draft, the Sarasota Sailfish Select....

Draftee: Diego Espinosa
Position: K/P
DSFL Team: ???
College: Florida State
TPE Now: 181
Peak TPE: 181
Drafted In: Pick 24
Grade: D

Really? Was this really the best kicker you can find? I mean yeah he didn't do that bad with kicking the field goal but god damn. Wouldn't you know it, it was another IA person. This time however it was a IA kicker! You never seen that in this media before right? Anyways lets just move on to the stats of the media.

STATS
Dexter Banks: A+ Sailfish
Mack Arianlacher C- Hahalua
Jed Podolak A Hahalua
Fabricio Baldari D Sailfish
Steco Ocewilder C- Sailfish
Jayson Kearse B Hahalua
Jacoby Clay D+ Hahalua
Jordan Andrews A- Sailfish
Laszlo Forty-Two F Sailfish
Victor Moreno C Hahalua
Ruff Ruff C Hahalua
Beat B+ Sailfish
Lucas Knight C+ Sailfish
Venus Powers A+ Hahalua
Emondov Emoji C- Hahalua
Mike Franchet C+ Sailfish 
Chase Jensen D- Sailfish
Jaylen Storm D- Hahalua
Joseph Wozniak F Hahalua
Freezer Riposte D+ Sailfish
Johnny Blaze C- Sailfish
James Bishop C+ Hahalua
Sandip "Sandy" Bakshi D- Hahalua
Diego Espinosa D Sailfish

Sarasota: 2A'S 1B 4C'S 4D's 1F

Honolulu: 2A'S 1B 4C'S 4D'S 1F

Wait a minute.....its all tied up? Well, I kind of don't want to count up all the numbers with the signs so....ill choose who wins!

So the way im going to try to see who wins is by the A's signs. (Ex. A+ or A-)

Sarasota: A+ and A-

Hahalua: A+ and A

So with this information, we can see that the Sailfish has 1 A- while the Hahalua doesn't. This can only mean that...

HAHALUA IS THE WINNER!

Congratulations Honolulu! There is only one problem though. The Sailfish are doing way better than you right now. And yeah you are doing pretty good right now also but can you prove yourself to be a playoff team? After two years of struggling do you think this year will be your first year in the playoffs? Only time will tell. Good luck Hahalua!

RE: Sarasota vs Honolulu - Who had the better expansion draft? - Faded - 09-08-2020

they good cause im there :sunglasses:

RE: Sarasota vs Honolulu - Who had the better expansion draft? - Frostbite - 09-08-2020

What

RE: Sarasota vs Honolulu - Who had the better expansion draft? - Baron1898 - 09-08-2020

conclusive proof that the Hahalua are superior

RE: Sarasota vs Honolulu - Who had the better expansion draft? - shadyshoelace - 09-08-2020

@C9Van damn dude sorry no team wanted you and you had to retire Lazzy without winning any championships or awards.

RE: Sarasota vs Honolulu - Who had the better expansion draft? - RotticusScott - 09-08-2020

Is this a meme

RE: Sarasota vs Honolulu - Who had the better expansion draft? - Memento Mori - 09-08-2020

(09-08-2020, 03:24 PM)shadyshoelace Wrote: @C9Van damn dude sorry no team wanted you and you had to retire Lazzy without winning any championships or awards.
This is really sad. Almost as sad as Turk Turkleton having the third longest field goal revoked and awarded to Venus Powers.

RE: Sarasota vs Honolulu - Who had the better expansion draft? - DatSmolBoi - 09-08-2020

(09-08-2020, 04:19 PM)RotticusScott Wrote: Is this a meme
ill be honest i just need money so i just figured to make a bad media like this

RE: Sarasota vs Honolulu - Who had the better expansion draft? - Baron1898 - 09-08-2020

(09-08-2020, 04:21 PM)Memento Mori Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 03:24 PM)shadyshoelace Wrote: @C9Van damn dude sorry no team wanted you and you had to retire Lazzy without winning any championships or awards.
This is really sad. Almost as sad as Turk Turkleton having the third longest field goal revoked and awarded to Venus Powers.
I can’t tell if you’re salty at me or not, but you’re both partially wrong cause Turkleton was never the third longest field goal, he’s actually second

RE: Sarasota vs Honolulu - Who had the better expansion draft? - C9Van - 09-09-2020

Story of my life here. Dad never wanted me, Yeti didn't want me, YKW didn't want me, expansions didn't want me.

Now Tijuana Luchadores don't want me ;_;

I'd say I'm getting Mr. Irrelevant in S26 draft but I think someone will take me 3 places before to get a future 12th rounder for me.