International Simulation Football League
*Scouting for Goat Tank Made Easy - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Scouting for Goat Tank Made Easy (/showthread.php?tid=25655)

Pages: 1 2

*Scouting for Goat Tank Made Easy - Eldorian - 09-14-2020

Goat Tank is a defensive tackle and all about optimizing and efficiency. So when I start seeing scouts coming to me asking the same questions over and over again, I can just link them to this nice little thing I wrote up that I will ALSO get paid for.

See, Goat Tank isn't just this dumb guy who just shouts Goat Tank, Goat Tank is pretty damn intelligent and and doesn't want to do extra work if he doesn't have to. The fact I'll make money off this as well just makes a lot of damn sense to me.

So let's get started, shall we?

1) Are you in any other sim leagues?

Yes, I am in PBE. I have a baseball player over there who plays for the New Orleans Rougarous named JR Cook and he sucks at hitting a baseball. He has the single season strikeout record if that says anything. I joined that league in February this year and am currently about ready to enter into his 5th season. I'm currently a top earner over there in that league even though I got drafted #100 I am #7 in terms of total TPE earned for that draft class - almost all of those ahead of me are recreates or people who signed up at the trade deadline while I didn't start earning until the week of the draft.

In PBE I am a banker and also doing anchor work for the PBE Rewind show.

2) How do you rate your activity so far in the league, how do you see it in the future?

I'm sure you can figure that out by looking at what I have done so far in the league. I'm near the top of the class in terms of TPE earned and if my PBE player shows anything, that will continue. I already have a job in the league (more on that later) and I post "GOAT TANK" on twitter every day (even though the twitter tool they use robs me of money). Whenever I enter a new discord chat channel people will say GOAT TANK to me. I help my team when I can in discord and that is something I am always available to do. So yeah, you can say I'm pretty active and I have no desire to slow down anytime soon unless someone decides to be an ass to me and make me reconsider my time in the league. I doubt that happens though.

3) Are you interested in X team? (X being whatever team you're scouting for)

Yes. I am not playing favorites at all on where I land. I'm new to the league, I know nothing really about the teams or personalities or their drama and to be honest, I don't really care. I'm here to earn TPE, gain good stats, and win fake football games. I will say though that if you ask me a question in your scouting that says something like "Do you find your mom attractive?" - I will think you're pretty damn weird and maybe your idea of fun in this league doesn't align with mine.

4) What are your plans and goals for your player?

To be a Goat Tank. 

What does being a Goat Tank mean? Means being the best player at the position. Greatest of All Time. Greatest of All Tanks. I'm looking to make an impact in the stats area and by proxy, that should be making an impact on the team to win football games. Give me the awards and the trophies, I want it all.

5) Are you willing to switch positions?

Yes. I'm happy being a Defensive Tackle. I'm happy being a Defensive End. I'm happy being a Linebacker. Hell, I'm happy making Goat Tank a damn QB. Just don't ask me to change to a kicker or offensive lineman. Everything else is on the table. If you're making me switch positions though, I would prefer you pay for it.

6) Are you willing to play out of position?

That depends. I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't mess with me being eligible for an award.

7) What do you plan on doing for money? Do you have a job?

I plan on a few things:
1. You pay me money
2. I have a backup updater job that I am hoping (and feel that I have earned) to become a full time updater for next season.
3. I tweet GOAT TANK every day
4. I'll write media like this when I need more money

8) Do you have any sim knowledge? Have you done any testing for your team?

I have some knowledge around the back end code in the sim. There's some intricacies that have been talked about in the past regarding some things like speed in the game and some pretty awful design decisions about how it works for certain positions - as well as an article I wrote a month back about the QB 79 speed and how and why it is a bug in the code. There's a lot more stuff out there that I feel like a good chunk of the league knows about even though it hasn't been published by anyone yet (to my knowledge) but some I think is lesser known.

Right now I've been holding off on writing any media for any of that because I'd like to keep that knowledge mostly to my future team if I can. Especially some of the knowledge that helps me be successful and doesn't allow the offensive linemen to have more of an advantage on me than they already have. So I will gladly share that information to my team.

I have some experience simming as well, and I would like whatever team that picks me to also help sim some of the scenarios I see in the code base.

That's a round about way of saying, yes... I have a pretty decent amount of knowledge around the sim despite being brand new to the game and league.

9) Would you be willing to play another season in the DSFL?

I really don't know. I'm capped right now and was capped before this season even ended. I feel like another season of playing capped and not adding anything of real value to make my player better would be super dang boring. I would really prefer to not play in the DSFL another season and I think I can make a big impact in the ISFL already.

With that said, if it's decided it's best, I won't make a fuss about it.

10) What type of contract are you looking for?

I'm still new to the league so I don't know what the going contracts are for players. I'm making like an average of 8.5 million in my contract over in PBE but I have no idea what the going rate is over here. So I will say the same thing I told my team over in PBE.

I want to make enough money to pay for my weekly training and enough money to get max equipment each season. I have a job that pays. I don't want to have to do media. So pay me enough to make that happen. I want to be able to be a max earner in both leagues without having to do a ton of extra writing BS.

-------

In the end, it really comes down to this. I'm here to have fun and enjoy the league. I'm here to contribute where I can. I'm here to chat with people on discord and share memes and laugh.

I'm not here for drama. I'm not here for people to be mean to each other. I'm not here to try and act like I'm better than anyone else. If your locker room is cool and chill, draft me. If your locker room is full of drama and BS, don't draft me. I'm too old for that crap.

Now let's go win championships.

GOAT TANK

Code:
1337 words

RE: Scouting for Goat Tank Made Easy - White Cornerback - 09-14-2020

G O A T T A N K

RE: Scouting for Goat Tank Made Easy - Mooty99 - 09-14-2020

GOAT TANK

RE: Scouting for Goat Tank Made Easy - zaynzk - 09-14-2020

Well? Do you find your mother attractive?

RE: Scouting for Goat Tank Made Easy - GlimsTC - 09-14-2020

Goat Tank kinda god like, ngl

Love the confidence on your end though, man. If anyone deserves to go high, it's definitely you.

RE: Scouting for Goat Tank Made Easy - ReverendOReily - 09-14-2020

(09-14-2020, 02:55 PM)Eldorian Wrote:
Code:
1337 words

Incredible. What can't he do?

RE: Scouting for Goat Tank Made Easy - Modern_Duke - 09-14-2020

GOAT TANK

RE: Scouting for Goat Tank Made Easy - Jimi64 - 09-14-2020

(09-14-2020, 03:17 PM)zaynzk Wrote: Well? Do you find your mother attractive?

Asking the only important scouting question

RE: Scouting for Goat Tank Made Easy - siddhus - 09-14-2020

GOAT TANK

RE: Scouting for Goat Tank Made Easy - ZootTX - 09-14-2020

What is the airspeed of a fully laden swallow?