International Simulation Football League
*My S24 HOF Ballot - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *My S24 HOF Ballot (/showthread.php?tid=25688)

*My S24 HOF Ballot - Daybe - 09-15-2020

Hey all, so I am sure most of you have seen the results of the S24 HOF voting. This was my first year as a member of the Hall of Fame committee, and one of the things I wanted to do is be open with my ballot by releasing it following every season as well as my rationale behind voting for each player.
-----
Player HOF

So for the player HOF there to me were four really interesting candidates this year. The remainder of the candidates just didn't have enough juice in my opinion. Let's get into each one.

Kazimir Oles | WR | 1st Ballot | 11254 rec. yards (7th) | 645 rec. (16th) | 71 TD (10th) - YES
[Image: unknown.png]
Trophy Case:
2x Ultimus Champion
7x Pro Bowler
S13 WRotY

Oles was the slam dunk pick of this ballot. Among the 8 receivers with 11,000+ receiving yards, 6/8 are now in the Hall of Fame, with James Bishop well on his way. Oles was a perennial force in the league, recording a 1,000 yard season on all four teams he played on, even late in his career as passing offenses saw a league-wide decline. A well-deserved selection for one of the most consistent careers of all time.

Gus T.T. Showbiz | QB | 1st Ballot | 29974 pass. yards (6th) | 198 TD (7th) | 85.6 RAT (10th*) - YES
Trophy Case:
5x Ultimus Champion
6x Pro Bowler
S16 QBotY

Showbiz is the latest Otters' quarterback to enter the Hall of Fame, as he will be joined by Franklin Armstrong in a few seasons. Despite the brevity of his time at quarterback compared to others, he still left his mark on the league with his three Ultimuses as the leader of the Otters offense. Following his second season, Showbiz finished top 3 in all three major QB categories (Passing yards, touchdowns, rating) every season. Coupled with his QBotY and his playoffs excellence, he made a convincing case.

Vladimir Fyodorovich | WR | 2nd Ballot | 10002 rec. yards (16th) | 596 rec. (25th) | 53 TD (27th) - YES
Trophy Case:
2x Ultimus Champion
8x Pro Bowler
1x OPotY 
1x WRotY 
1x RETotY 

The true unicorn in the Hall of Fame, Fyodorovich's shorter tenure at WR was filled with nothing but excellence. One of the three wide receivers to ever win the Offensive Player of the Year award, "Fyodo" was truly dominant. At first I was on the fence because of his lesser receiving yards. However, the more I debated, his argument was more convincing. The difference between Fyodo's #16 and Vinny Valentine's #9 on the career receiving leaderboard is only 940 yards. Fyodo earned pro bowl honors his first seven seasons as a wide receiver, a rare feat.

Adriana Falconi | QB | 1st Ballot | 29640 pass. yards (7th) | 206 TD (5th) | 82.3 RAT (16th*) - NO
Trophy Case:
3x Pro Bowler

I want to start by saying Falconi had a truly great career. She holds almost every passing career record for the Philadelphia Liberty. In terms of counting stats, Falconi could absolutely make a case for HOF. However, she lacks the accolades that other Hall of Famers have, in terms of Pro Bowl apperances, positional awards, and whatnot. She was an excellent quarterback during her time, but just lacks the extra "oomph" that HOFers need.

The rest of my votes for Player HOF were all no's, although I would be happy to rationalize each vote for anyone that is interested.

*ranking includes players with 7+ seasons at QB
--------
User HOF

For the user HOF I will only be going over users that I voted in because I do not want to criticize the work of any user I did not vote in or why I thought their work wasn't "good enough". I voted two users this season who I both thought were very deserving of the honors.

Contributions:
S9 Most Dedicated Member
Head of League Development Team
Head and Creator of League Wiki

I have a soft spot for the league wiki, because frankly, it is one of the best projects done in any sim league, period. 37th has worked tirelessly maintaining the wiki, to keep it as up to date as possible for the rest of the league to use as a history of our league. With a grand total of 2,201 wiki pages created, 37th is a true legend in my eyes and a well-deserved inductee to the User HOF.

Contributions:
S10 Most Dedicated Member
Head Office (S7-S14)
Former DSFL Commissioner
Former DSFL Simmer

Oles has helped the league in almost every level. From being a hard-working head office member, to keeping the DSFL afloat through his time as DSFL commish/simmer, Oles has made irreplaceable contributions to the league. Without the work he did early on, the DSFL would look a lot different from what it does today, which is a flourishing and active league.
-----
That wraps up my S24 HOF ballot. It was a strong class with three new player inductees and one new user inductee. I look forward to making this article again next year!

RE: My S24 HOF Ballot - infinitempg - 09-15-2020

this will cause absolutely no drama

Seriously though, appreciate being transparent on your votes! Hopefully this will help clear up why members of the committee voted some ways. Plus you get extra dough Wink

RE: My S24 HOF Ballot - YoungTB - 09-15-2020

No

RE: My S24 HOF Ballot - Daybe - 09-15-2020

(09-15-2020, 06:44 PM)YoungTB Wrote: No
Thank you for your constructive response

RE: My S24 HOF Ballot - 37thchamber - 09-16-2020

(09-15-2020, 05:46 PM)Daybe Wrote:
I have a soft spot for the league wiki, because frankly, it is one of the best projects done in any sim league, period.
Ok ngl this gassed me up. I should put this in my sig haha

RE: My S24 HOF Ballot - timeconsumer - 09-16-2020

Falconi really is such a difficult edge case. The counting stats are there, the championship is there. The efficiency metrics are pretty bad though, and this is coming from a guy that thinks efficiency can be overrated for QBs. There's just something missing to put her over the top in my opinion (not that I'd argue anyone who would vote her HOF, I can see both ways). Daybe called it "Oomph" I don't know what I'd call it, but I get the same feeling.

RE: My S24 HOF Ballot - Oles - 09-17-2020

(09-16-2020, 07:24 AM)timeconsumer Wrote: Falconi really is such a difficult edge case. The counting stats are there, the championship is there. The efficiency metrics are pretty bad though, and this is coming from a guy that thinks efficiency can be overrated for QBs. There's just something missing to put her over the top in my opinion (not that I'd argue anyone who would vote her HOF, I can see both ways). Daybe called it "Oomph" I don't know what I'd call it, but I get the same feeling.

For me, Falconi should've at least stayed on the ballot, but I understand this feeling. Falconi was always good but never felt great. I don't know if there's any one season for her that I'd really look at and say she was the best QB out there, which I think is that oomph factor, and that same feeling. She was reliable but just on the outside of the upper echelon to me

RE: My S24 HOF Ballot - timeconsumer - 09-17-2020

(09-17-2020, 02:47 PM)Oles Wrote: For me, Falconi should've at least stayed on the ballot, but I understand this feeling. Falconi was always good but never felt great. I don't know if there's any one season for her that I'd really look at and say she was the best QB out there, which I think is that oomph factor, and that same feeling. She was reliable but just on the outside of the upper echelon to me

Absolutely fair, getting DQ'd on the first ballot is harsh for someone as great of a career as Falconi had.

RE: My S24 HOF Ballot - enigmatic - 09-17-2020

It's hard to have oomph when you are on a team that's constantly an underdog. Yet, we made the finals twice during Falconi's career. It's easy to rack up awards when you're on a stacked team. I wonder why so few Philly players are in the HoF, uh...

Staying with Philly through all the disappointments roster wise is a choice I made. If the price I have to pay for being loyal to a single team is to get rejected on first ballot no less then so be it.