International Simulation Football League
*Allow myself to introduce myself… - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Allow myself to introduce myself… (/showthread.php?tid=25706)

*Allow myself to introduce myself… - huck24 - 09-16-2020

Hello ISFL / DSFL, I am new around here, and relatively new to sim leagues in general.  I joined my first sim league, the SHL, about a year and a half ago and I’ve had a pretty great time there, so I decided to expand my horizons and create a player for the ISFL.  I’ve been a football fan for years (Go Lions!!) and I have known about this league from some of my SHL team mates, but for whatever reason I haven’t joined up until now.  So now I’m here and getting my player ready for the DFSL draft!

Enough about me, let’s get to what’s important, my player Vincent Jones Jr.  Son of the English footballer (or soccerer if you’d prefer) / actor Vinnie Jones, best known for being a tough guy / bad ass in a bunch of Guy Ritchie movies and as Juggernaut in X-Men: Last Stand and for the picture of him crushing the dudes (Paul Gascoigne) twig and berries in his hand on the soccer pitch.

Vincent started out playing soccer like his father, but like his dad, he’s got a bit of a mean streak.  As he got older and bigger, he would consistently be shown yellow and red cards while he was playing soccer, which was frustrating for him and the teams he played for.  It was kindly suggested that he explore other options if he wanted to keep playing sports.  Since he has duel citizenship between England and America (I have not idea if she is, but for the sake of my players story, Vinnie Jones wife / baby mommy is American), Vincent had seen a lot of football games while he was in the States and he thought that might be a sport that he could excel at.  He was right.

Jones Jr didn’t opt to go the college route, instead he learned the ins and outs of the game practicing with some pro players during their off season.  He picked the game up very quickly and his physical play really lent himself to the defensive side of the game.  He decided that the linebacker position would be the best for him, an felt he was ready to take the next step and declare his eligibility for the DSFL draft.

So, there you have it, a little about me and a little about my player.  Really looking forward to the draft and seeing where Vincent ends up starting his career.

To any potential GMs and scouts, let me know if you have any questions at all. 

Thanks for reading!

Word count - 429

RE: Allow myself to introduce myself… - slothfacekilla - 09-16-2020

*zoomeyes*

RE: Allow myself to introduce myself… - SchwarzNarr - 09-16-2020

Yass Go Lions!!

Welcome to the league, I hope you really enjoy your time here!

RE: Allow myself to introduce myself… - hotdog - 09-16-2020

hey huck!

RE: Allow myself to introduce myself… - Crodyman - 09-16-2020

Welcome to the league, rook! Always nice to meet a fellow linebacker. Good luck on your career!

RE: Allow myself to introduce myself… - huck24 - 09-17-2020

(09-16-2020, 10:17 PM)hotdog Wrote: hey huck!

Hey hotdog!

RE: Allow myself to introduce myself… - GuitarMaster116 - 09-17-2020

Love the backstory man, and am always glad to see new players around the league. I hope you have a great time in this league!

RE: Allow myself to introduce myself… - nunccoepi - 09-17-2020

(09-16-2020, 03:21 PM)huck24 Wrote: I’ve been a football fan for years (Go Lions!!)

The few, the proud

RE: Allow myself to introduce myself… - Pat - 09-17-2020

(09-16-2020, 03:21 PM)huck24 Wrote: I’ve been a football fan for years (Go Lions!!) 

Are you sure you're a football fan?

RE: Allow myself to introduce myself… - huck24 - 09-17-2020

(09-17-2020, 03:46 PM)Punter715 Wrote:

Are you sure you're a football fan?

Hahahaha!  Let me rephrase that, I'm a fan of getting my hopes up and being let down, time and time again...