International Simulation Football League
*One Last Time - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *One Last Time (/showthread.php?tid=25775)

Pages: 1 2

*One Last Time - woelkers - 09-18-2020

I have spent seven ISFL seasons, which is something roughly resembling a full year's time, with the Colorado Yeti. I came to this squad as the result of a 1-12 season, and I have been part of every moment of growth it has taken for us to come this far. And I have learned something incredibly important in that time: never take anything in this league for granted.

It has not always been easy to be a member of the Colorado Yeti. My first season in the league, we ran a 3-3-5 defense with no real splash factor, on our way to a 5-8 record behind arguably the worst quarterback in the history of football (yes, that's you @infinitempg). Bubba Thumper had the least impressive statistical season of his entire career by a sizeable distance, and somehow we were still only bad enough to pick 4th. And yet, if I had the chance to go back to the S17 draft, and choose my fate...I wouldn't have it any other way.

Now, of course, this letter would be nothing without some acknowledgements.

To @SchwarzNarr, @Rusfan, and @PigSnout: although you were unable to join us on the field this season, know that you are an important part of this franchise, and an important part of getting us to this game. The future is bright in Colorado because of you.

To @SwankyPants31, @yonggarius, @dahayn, @Daybe, @FleshBagSoup, and @PersonMann: defense may win championships, but we cannot do it without the help of our offense, and each of you has contributed to that offense in a meaningful way. Every one of you plays an important role as a member of this team, and we would not be in this position without you.

To @Modern_Duke, @RotticusScott, @jsteele14, @Acsolap, @Ephenssta, and @shipwreckrising: I cannot thank any of you enough for having Bubba's back (figuratively and literally). The strength of our defense is the whole of our defense, and as much as I will sing the praises of our defensive line, we cannot do what we do without you.

To @soppychico, @Muford, @nunccoepi, @Ismael8907, and now @IsaStarcrossed: each of you has found your way between Bubba on the depth chart in my time in Colorado, and each of you has been an important part of both his success and the success of the Yeti. It has been a pleasure to play with y'all, and I will cherish every moment as a member of the deadly defensive unit.

To @Bauer and @run_CMC: I haven't known a day in this league without the two of you by my side (except of course for run's stint as a Copperhead and Bauer's time in Norfolk), and I wouldn't have it any other way. It has been an honor to spend these past eight seasons with y'all. We may find ourselves separated here, but Marshals never die.

To @thevoicelesscreator and @Sylphreni: I'm sure nobody will be surprised to know that the two of you are the future leaders of this great franchise, because, of course, who would be better suited for the role? I found myself ready to step aside at the beginning of this season, because I knew the two of you were more than ready to take this football team into an even brighter future. I am proud to have been able to work with you, and I look forward to seeing what you can accomplish in the future.

To @infinitempg: you may make for a god awful quarterback, but you are nothing short of stellar as a friend. I am proud to say we got you the Ultimus you deserve, and I am hopeful that we can bring you another tonight. Thank you for the opportunity to be a member of this team, for your mentorship as I have grown to be the user I am today, and your friendship both now and into the future.

To @Bwestfield: I am so, so grateful to have you by my side for this next step of the journey. You have shown me what it takes to be not only a good GM, but a good user generally, and I hope that as this journey continues, I can be half the man that you are, because that would be more than enough.

And, of course, to @Frick_Nasty: I love you, brother. These last four seasons have made for some of the best times of my life, and there is nobody in this league who I would rather have shared them with than you. Our paths may part ways here, but you have not seen or heard the last of me.

Now, let's go try and get an Ultimus, shall we?

[Image: 7b645e70fb2c2a320ea1976b65f8ab871388ef02.gifv]

One last time. #ProudYetiNoises

Edit: @golden_apricot I thought it went without saying that you were the MVP of the Yeti but apparently you want a ping too. Now go kick your way into the record books.

RE: One Last Time - RotticusScott - 09-18-2020

Thank you for everything, Woelk. Couldn't have asked for a better mentor and leader in my first few seasons. I'll make sure there are no more ill-advised grocery store trips while you're gone. Good luck with the new squad.

RE: One Last Time - SchwarzNarr - 09-18-2020

[Image: sadyeti.png]

thank you for fighting with your war room and screaming at them to draft me. I know you'll make New York amazing, but I am going to miss that we never got to play on the same side of the ball officially.

RE: One Last Time - golden_apricot - 09-18-2020

wts no ping and i won you all your titles as a GM?????????

I MADE YOU

RE: One Last Time - TubbyTim69 - 09-18-2020

Im not crying, you're crying ?

RE: One Last Time - woelkers - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 06:29 PM)TubbyTim69 Wrote: Im not crying, you're crying ?
Well you're not wrong.

RE: One Last Time - infinitempg - 09-18-2020

<3

(09-18-2020, 06:25 PM)golden_apricot Wrote: wts no ping and i won you all your titles as a GM?????????

I MADE YOU

KICKER LIVES MATTER

RE: One Last Time - nunccoepi - 09-18-2020

You tha bomb Woelkers, thanks for bringing me into the yeti and making me at home from day 1. No go do it for some amazing people in NY.

RE: One Last Time - dahayn - 09-18-2020

Lub u man! Thanks for being a great gm in my first season in the ISFL. This has been a terrible IRL year for so many including myself but my time here has helped keep me sane. People such as yourself are why this league is a success. GL with your time leading those primates in NY except for when you play us!

RE: One Last Time - Sylphreni - 09-18-2020

I can't believe I'm finding out like this.

<3