International Simulation Football League
*Randomizing Locations and Mascots - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Randomizing Locations and Mascots (/showthread.php?tid=25912)

*Randomizing Locations and Mascots - Cody - 09-22-2020

Decided that it would be fun to mix team locations and mascots using a randomizing list to see what teams would be created and if any of them made sense and grade them on a scale of 1-10. 

Arizona Liberty   

5 out of 10

As long as the Liberty moniker stayed in the US it SHOULD work as a team's nickname. That being said the team sounds okay, I just don't think of Liberty/Freedom/America when I think of the state of Arizona. It's not bad but it's not good, real middle of the road. 

Austin Otters

7 out of 10

I think this name fits together. It has a nice flow to it and it makes sense as Otters are found in the Eastern part of Texas. It definitely worked out for Austin.

Baltimore Yeti

2 out of 10

Baltimore cannot catch a break. This name doesn't fit well at all with the city. 

Berlin Hawks

6 out of 10

This is a good fit. Hawks were a name that could fit with most locations and it works very nicely with Berlin. This is one of the better pairings. 

Chicago SaberCats

7 out of 10

This is another good fit. It has a nice flow and it sounds catchy. Chicago might need to try and trade to get this mascot.

Colorado Second Line

1 out of 10

Doesn't fit at all. I mean unless you changed the logo to show a second line forming at a Dispensary. 

Honolulu Silverbacks

4 out of 10

The name sounds okay but it doesn't make a lot of sense for Hawaii... but I know I'm picturing a Gorilla with a cool Hawaiian shirt and some sick shades.

New Orleans Fire Salamanders

1 out of 10

You think NOLA would have the chance to shorten their name with a random selection. That wasn't the case, let's make it longer and not make any sense. 

New York Wraiths

9 out of 10

This is a great name. If it weren't already taken by Yellowknife this would've been a great selection for the new expansion team. I'm conjuring up images from Ghostbusters, nothing like ghosts in the city!

Orange County Outlaws

10 out of 10

This is my favorite name of the randomization. It keeps the same OCO motif and the logo could shift over to a badass biker. This was definitely the winner of the process.

Philadelphia Sailfish

3 out of 10

It doesn't fit great but it's definitely not the worst in the bunch. I don't think anyone would be confident in changing the team name to this.

San Jose Hahalua

5 out of 10

It's an okay fit. If the mascot had to swap from Hawaii, a city in California isn't a bad choice. 

Sarasota Copperheads

7 out of 10

This is another good fit. I definitely think of snakes when I think of Florida. This was definitely one of the better randomizations. 

Yellowknife Butchers

9 out of 10

Butcher. Knife. I mean come on. This is another home run when it comes to randomizing team names. It definitely is near the top of the teams to come out of this. 

My Top 3

1. Orange County Outlaws
2. New York Wraiths
3. Yellowknife Butchers

My Bottom 3

1. New Orleans Fire Salamanders
2. Colorado Second Line
3. Baltimore Yeti

What are your thoughts on the random team names? Do you think any mascots would sound better swapped with another location?

RE: Randomizing Locations and Mascots - Crodyman - 09-22-2020

this is the content i'm after!

New York Wraiths is sickkkkk

RE: Randomizing Locations and Mascots - GlimsTC - 09-22-2020

Insane how good Orange County Outlaws is. Also insane how horrible Baltimore Yeti sounds

RE: Randomizing Locations and Mascots - Pat - 09-22-2020

Honolulu Silverbacks when

RE: Randomizing Locations and Mascots - timeconsumer - 09-22-2020

(09-22-2020, 03:33 PM)ShnarlyDude Wrote: Orange County Outlaws

I just puked in my mouth a little bit