International Simulation Football League
*Ztarwarz Ranks All Prospects, Season 26 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Ztarwarz Ranks All Prospects, Season 26 (/showthread.php?tid=25970)

*Ztarwarz Ranks All Prospects, Season 26 - ztarwarz - 09-24-2020

Because this is clearly the best way to earn money, I'm doing this again. I'm going to be going over all season 26 prospects, looking at their major stats, and comparing them. This is going to be nowhere near as long as last season, since that had the r/NFL class, but there's still a decent amount of prospects joining. 

Starting with the QBs.

QB Prospects

As a quick reminder, most important stats are Arm Strength, Arm Accuracy, and Intelligence.

Lebron James III (Important stats currently: 71 arm, 72 acc, 80 int), Top Prospect

The benefits of writing media posts is that you get to do such things as mention that you think Lebron hasn't been the best player in the NBA since 2015 and nobody can call you on it until you post

Anyways, LJIII has 100 TPE right now, and has filled out his ultimus week task so he has 10 more coming assuming it passes muster. From my memory, this is actually the smartest prospect I graded? I don't think anyone else had 80 INT when I graded them. Quarterback is a very demanding position, but this is a pretty good start.

Kotone Shiomi (Important stats currently: 66 arm, 70 acc, 72 int), Retired

Shiomi had 93 TPE but retired yesterday. Hopefully they're doing OK, but as is that puts a damper on things. I'm also not sure whether using that much TPE on Endurance was wise even for a Mobile QB build, but I'm no sim master.

Ryan Negs (Important stats currently: 72 arm, 70 acc, 70 int), Good Prospect

Negs is a bit lower on the TPE scale than James or Shiomi was, but he joined later and is only 11 behind despite not having as much time. Statwise I'm very impressed, and I have to say that I'm also impressed that so far nobody has been even "mid pick" worthy yet.

RB Prospects

Most important attributes are Speed, Strength, and Endurance.

Mr 42 (Important stats currently: 83 spd, 65 str, 71 end), Top Prospect

Ah, the power of Waiver Wire creations. On one hand, you don't get the 12 TPE from rookie tasks that newbies do. On the other, 118 TPE. And that's without even buying equipment, or without either the Mock Draft or Ultimus task graded. I'm pretty sure less than a 1/4th of last class exceeded 118 TPE by draft day last time, and that's with a minimum of 25 TPE from Ultimus task, a 0 correct answer mock draft, and training camp. I wouldn't be exceedingly surprised if Mr 42 had the most TPE of anyone, though it is early goings.

Big Chungus (Important stats currently: 70 spd, 70 str, 70 end), low pick

And the streak ends. On one hand, Chungus' user was on the Forums as recently as Monday, so it is possible that they come back. On the other hand, they've already missed out on Ultimus Week, are about to miss out on the Mock Draft, and despite being on this week, didn't even do the Activity Check, Weekly Training, or any of the rookie tasks. This looks like a dead in the water prospect right now. Side note, I'd say the meme is actually more dead than the player.

Man, that's a small running back class, with our first non high end pick. This is gonna go so...

WR Prospects

15? 15 WR prospects? REALLY? I think when I did my first ranking of people's Prospect Bowl builds (which I'm not doing because, let's be honest, those were never really useful other than gaining something I can use to hold over Lionel Rumper's head until the end of time) the highest amount we had at any position was 15, and we had at least 3 times the class size at that point!

Well, important stats are Speed, hands, and endurance.

Tugg Speedman (Important stats currently: 80 spd, 71 hnd, 60 end), Top Prospect

116 TPE gained is quite an impressive amount, and 80 speed is very very nice. He's also gotten to the 75 Agility mark, so he'll be able to hit full speed when he has the ball right out of the gate. I like the build, although I gotta say that your name is giving me flashbacks to last season's DE class. That's not a compliment by the way. At least you're nowhere near as bad as Saximus Daddy.

Raphael Delacour (Important stats currently: 70 spd, 70 hnd, 60 end), Top Prospect

134 TPE, with 84 banked. While I'd actually put him below people like Tugg and Mr 42 due to that including the 30 TPE from Tier 6 equipment, that sheer number is nothing to sneeze at. Also, 37thchamber appears to be a long lived vet of the league, so that probably gives him a decent amount of clout. Honestly, so far this draft has been extremely high quality, and I wonder if that will keep up as the time goes on.

Quavious McGrady (Important stats currently: 77 spd, 70 hnd, 65 end), Good Prospect

88 TPE is not too shabby, but he could fall down if he isn't careful. Despite being on less than an hour ago at the time of writing, he hadn't done Ultimus Week or the Mock Draft, which is 15 relatively free TPE that he'd miss out on there. Still, being the worst prospect of the 3 I've rated so far isn't a terrible thing to be.

Mario Messi (Important stats currently: 80 spd, 71 hnd, 60 end), Top Prospect

95 TPE with Ultimus Week and the Mock Draft to be graded is quite a nice sum for a guy who created this month. He hasn't gotten to the 75 AGI barrier like Speedman has, but those top 3 important stats are great to see match the highest of the class. I eagerly await to see how Super Mario progresses.

And yes, your nickname is Super Mario, that happens to all even semi famous people named Mario.

Tater Tosser (Important stats currently: 72 spd, 65 hnd, 70 end), low pick

Having not been on since Friday isn't good. Having only 62 TPE is terrible. Add those to being here for week 14, but not picking up week 15 or week 16 predictions, or even the activity check for that week, and...I gotta agree with Good Fortune Coffee, it's a great name, but what a waste.

Lalo Salamenca (Important stats currently: 70 spd, 70 hnd, 60 end), Mr Irrelevant Candidate

Seriously? HOW. HOW. A guy who joined the league over a year ago, who was online EARLIER TODAY, doesn't have a freaking Update Page. When I saw the fact that this guy was a recreate who began at the trade deadline, I was expecting another guy over 100 TPE who would make those newbies without a bank account jealous. Instead...

Schumi Hulkenvettel (Important stats currently: 78 spd, 60 hnd, 60 end), OK Prospect

83 TPE for a recreate, huh. I think I'd be a lot more disappointed if the guy right before you wasn't a Mr Irrelevant Candidate.

Jalen Washington (Important stats currently: 70 spd, 75 hnd, 70 end), OK Prospect

76 TPE is actually the current lowest of anyone I'd consider worthwhile, at least out of those I've already gone over. He has at least 3 points from the Ultimus Week and the Mock Draft pending, but in this so far incredibly deep class, especially among Wide Receivers, he could get overlooked.

Also we're finally over halfway done with the Wide Receivers!

Johnny Football (Important stats currently: 72 spd, 66 hnd, 70 end), low pick

59 TPE, if I'm counting right, with his one free training and 2 Activity checks. He's only applied 2 of his extra 9 TPE so far. Apparently he needs to spend more time training and less time partying.

Arthur Naught (Important stats currently: 78 spd, 60 hnd, 70 end), Good Prospect

86 TPE, with the Mock Draft and Ultimus points still to come. For a guy who only created last week, that's quite a nice chunk of TPE. Also, you're very fast, even if you're going to try to catch half of the balls thrown at you with your teeth.

Dick Grayson (Important stats currently: 75 spd, 60 hnd, 60 end), Mr Irrelevant Candidate

For what it's worth, I'm not exactly a fan of Batman. I think this guy has the wrong profile pic, and, for a guy who was online yesterday, you really need to create an update page. Or post anything other than your one thread creating your guy.

Johnathon Smith (Important stats currently: 70 spd, 70 hnd, 70 end), low pick

Only 57 TPE, an update page that's incredibly barebones with no TPE put in, has also been absent for a week...I'm calling it now, he's the imposter. I don't trust a guy with 4 stars and only 57 TPE.

John Smith (Important stats currently: 80 spd, 55 hnd, 60 end), low pick

Very, very tempted to cut and paste the sentence from above. Only difference being is that this guy doesn't have 4 stars so it wouldn't make sense. Or an Among Us profile pic.

Kemorian Moore (Important stats currently: 80 spd, 55 hnd, 60 end), Mr Irrelevant Candidate

Glizzy? You're online now at the time of writing. You need help with making an update page or something? 

Joey Brady (Important stats currently: 74 spd, 70 hnd, 60 end), Mr Irrelevant Candidate

Second verse, same as the first, not online now though. For how strong this draft started off, MAN none of the most recently created WR prospects are any good.

TE Prospects

Most important stats are Speed, Strength, and Hands. Also there's only 5 of them so this should go much faster.

Akil Ozymandias (70 spd, 71 str, 60 hnd), Top Prospect

108 TPE for a newbie is very good, although I think they're missing out on Ultimus Week. That being said, those stats are nothing to sneeze at.

Tom Teboat (72 spd, 60 str, 55 hnd), Good Prospect

For all I know, Teboat deserves a higher rating, but I can't figure out if they have 97 TPE, 94 TPE, or a different number. They do have Ultimus and Mock Draft points coming, and a good nest egg of TPE to apply later. Which is good because if you want to catch passes and put that 72 speed to good use, having more than one hand is a valuable asset.

Jaja Ding Dong (58 spd, 60 str, 70 hnd), Good Prospect

Now, this one I KNOW has 94 TPE. They have the opposite problem, where they are pretty likely to catch anything thrown their way but I think it will take them 5 seconds to travel 10 yards up field. Thankfully they do have 28 TPE stored.

Owmy Back (60 spd, 40 str, 60 hnd), Mr Irrelevant Candidate

As far as I can tell, Owmy Back lacks an update page for such a great name. As is, pass rushers are salivating at the thought of facing a guy with 40 strength and 25 pass blocking.

Caven McRae (68 spd, 50 str, 69 hnd), Good Prospect

84 TPE is a nice sum, however there is the problem that McRae so far doesn't have a Mock Draft or any post in the Ultimus Thread. As is, McRae is the 4th best TE prospect out of 5, and if the Mock Draft and Ultimus don't happen, they will firmly stay there.

OL Prospects

Unlike last time there aren't 3 Offensive Lines worth of prospects to talk about. Strength, Pass Blocking, and Run Blocking are the most important things.

Byakuya Togami (76 str, 62 pbl, 65 rbl), OK Prospect

To be frank, 73 TPE is...not a lot. Especially for a guy who created around the trade deadline. Also he uses Fat Togami as his profile pic, which, while fitting, is not exactly nice to look at.

Maiteers Rico Shea (83 str, 70 pbl, 60 rbl), OK Prospect

And yet I think I'm more disappointed when a recreate with over 1000 messages has almost the same TPE total, albeit a better statline. 77 TPE. Remember when I was talking about how deep the start of this draft class was? Through 9 people I had 7 good or top prospects, and in the next 17 we've had 6. Oof.

Richard Littlewood (80 str, 71 pbl, 71 rbl), Top Prospect

THERE we go. 116 TPE with Ultimus Week on the way and this statline? Littlewood blows the other 2 OL prospects graded thus far out of the water.

Jack Cobb (70 str, 60 pbl, 75 rbl), Mr Irrelevant Candidate

And back to bad. No update thread, for a guy who hasn't been on since the day his account was created...September 7th. Not looking good.

Laxus Dreyar (75 str, 70 pbl, 65 rbl), OK Prospect

OK prospect only by TPE count, with 69 TPE. Everything else about this screams a bust. From not being on since Friday to the fact that they put their TPE post 50 creation into speed and tackling. Unless this sim is so buggy that tackling actually improves your pancake stat and being at 38 speed as a lineman actually acts as a 152 speed player or something like that.

Alexander Franklin (70 str, 65 pbl, 65 rbl), Good Prospect

Thank goodness you're still active or I would be worried we were about to have another Regius Goliathus on our hands. 89 TPE isn't a bad sum at all, all of it banked. And he's done at least some of Ultimus Week and the Mock Draft.

Alright, I will do the Defensive prospects tomorrow because I need sleep.

(The next day)

DE Prospects

Most important stats are Strength, Speed, and Endurance. Let's go. I doubt I'm going to see a name as clever as Albert Ruschmann or as so unsubtle as to cause migraines as Saximus Daddy, so...

Moe Skeeter (70 str, 70 spd, 70 end), Top Prospect

I seem to remember this being the best statline for a new prospect through the use of the first 50 TPE? Besides that, Skeeter's already gained 54 more TPE for a total of 104 with Ultimus Week and the Mock Draft still to come. I'd be very excited to pick this guy up.

Ernest Lover (75 str, 72 spd, 70 end), Top Prospect

(read at x3 speed for best effect) This guy is absolutely, for certain, no doubt about it hurtling towards first round pick in the draft status. While he's already gotten things like his Tier 6 Equipment, his training camp for the season, and his Ultimus points (despite him not being supposed to get those Ultimus points yet), it's very hard to argue with a guy who has already done a couple big media posts, along with a truly massive 169 TPE as of the time of this writing. Those stats up there don't scream a 169 TPE guy, but that's because he has built up a nest egg of 71 TPE, a truly massive amount that will serve him well in improving his build post draft. To put it succinctly, Ernest Lover so far would be my pick for number 1 in the draft based on TPE and his already shown ability to produce media. This is truly something for Ernest Lover to be proud of. And furthermore...

Makoto Otawara (76 str, 70 spd, 60 end), OK Prospect

84 TPE is about as much as has gotten a Good prospect rating earlier. However, there is a massive problem: Otawara doesn't have a mock draft or an Ultimus Week post. Despite being online earlier today.

Dimitrius Rogers (72 str, 68 spd, 65 end), OK Prospect

Not in quite as dire a situation as some of the others, but still not very good. With only 67 TPE, no Ultimus Post, or Mock Draft post, and having not been online since Monday, things are a bit shaky right now for Rogers. There is very clearly a top and bottom tier of this DE class.

DT Prospects

2 DT prospects, huh. I see a position change from WR to here in someone's future. Or maybe just a bunch of position changes from WR. Same 3 important stats.

Primo Berto (55 str, 70 spd, 60 end), OK Prospect

67 TPE is not great, though at least it does have the Mock Draft to back it up a bit.

Redbeard McFredbeard (70 str, 55 spd, 60 end), OK Prospect

59 TPE, even with Ultimus Week and the mock draft still to come, is not what you expect to see from a guy with 4 stars on his profile. You usually expect to see, I dunno, a second Weekly Training to go along with the second Activity Check. Does this guy have Scorp's bank account?

LB Prospects

Leaving behind the disappointingly thin DT class, we have the LB class, which is the second largest class. Strength, Speed, Endurance.

Erik Kirkland (65 str, 70 spd, 65 end), Top Prospect

For a Top Prospect, I think Kirkland's on the lower end. He has 109, just getting over the hump of 100 today with the Training Camp, but he doesn't have a Mock Draft or Ultimus Task on his profile.

Leonard Taylor (70 str, 75 spd, 60 end), Top Prospect

That's more like it! 128 TPE, with ultimus week points and a mock draft still to come! Even with the Training Camp boosting his TPE over the offensive players, this is still very impressive.

Big Slammu (73 str, 74 spd, 70 end), Good Prospect

92 TPE without an Ultimus Week isn't a top tier amount, but it's not terrible either. I also really like his base stats as is.

Bambam McMullet (62 str, 85 spd, 60 end), Top Prospect

129 TPE, even with the 30 from tier 6 equipment, it's quite nice. However, he doesn't have a mock draft or Ultimus Week post as far as I can tell. That said, he is a very speedy boy.

Vincent Jones Jr (70 str, 70 spd, 70 end), Top Prospect

98 TPE with the Training Camp posted (but not linked yet), Mock Draft, and Ultimus Week still to come is very nice to see. It's all banked so I don't know how the build will look, but the start of this LB class has been amazing.

AJ Lucas (65 str, 70 spd, 65 end), OK Prospect

Lucas, you need to link your posts to your update thread in order to get TPE. Right now you technically only have your starting 50 TPE, which would be sad when you've done all your rookie tasks and 2 weeks of Training, along with your Mock Draft and Ultimus Week which will show up later. If you link everything correctly you're a Good to Top Prospect.

Logan Sarrasin (60 str, 69 spd, 67 end), OK Prospect

29 TPE, including the 10 from the Training Thread. Not terrible, but not that great. Also not the greatest stats in the world starting out.

Ty Tyson (55 str, 78 spd, 60 end)

I don't want to be too harsh on a guy who got approved yesterday, but he doesn't have an update thread yet. I'd normally give him a Mr Irrelevant Candidate rating for that, but I don't feel like I can.

CB Prospects

Alright, we're coming up on the end of this, only a couple position groups left. Speed, Hands, Endurance.

Slurms McKenzie (84 spd, 50 hnd, 55 end), Good Prospect

96 TPE is nice and would normally get you a Top Prospect tag, but no Mock Draft or Ultimus week post prevents me from putting Slurms up there.

Cobra Kai (82 spd, 50 hnd, 55 end), Top Prospect

147 TPE. Very nice. Also a very nice nest egg of TPE saved, and has done Ultimus Week as well as a Mock Draft. Looks very nice.

Royce Anderson (78 spd, 50 hnd, 55 end), Mr Irrelevant Candidate.

Hasn't been on since Monday, doesn't have an Update Page. Should be decent in the prospect bowl though with that 78 speed.

Bismo Funyuns (65 spd, 52 hnd, 65 end), OK Prospect

59 TPE with a Mock Draft thread but not an Ultimus Task. Just a below average prospect in what is shaping up to be a decent prospect pool.

Shaq Shack (80 spd, 50 hnd, 55 end), low pick

Just 55 TPE, didn't even claim his free training or anything like that. Also hasn't been on since last Friday.

S Prospects

We're nearing the end, just 7 people left. Speed, Hands, and Endurance.

Tony Bull (78 spd, 55 hnd, 65 end), Mr Irrelevant Candidate

Was last on a month ago and has no update page.

Derek Wildstar (85 spd, 55 hnd, 70 end), Top Prospect

102 TPE with a Mock Draft, Training Camp, and Ultimus Week all to come. Very nice to see.

Dogwood Maple (80 spd, 58 hnd, 70 end), Top Prospect

113 TPE, very nice to see with Mock Draft and Ultimus Week to come. We've got a very nice pair of S prospects here.

Evan Jones (75 spd, 55 hnd, 70 end),

67 TPE is not a great amount, but you can't really complain about it when someone joins the same day as you do one of these and is already at 67 TPE.

K/P Prospects

The final stop. Really, this is just strength/accuracy.

Something McDerpants (74 kick pow, 77 kick acc) OK Prospect

79 TPE isn't that good, especially without an Ultimus Thread or Mock Draft.

Gluteus Maximus (75 kick pow, 70 kick acc) Good Prospect

84 TPE is...OK, especially with the Mock Draft and Ultimus Task still to come. But I gotta say, how is your update page so bare bones, the Player formerly known as Net Gaines?

Pope Francis (70 kick pow, 71 kick acc) low pick

57 TPE. No Ultimus Task or Mock Draft. Question, how old would Pope Francis be now in this universe? Anyways, we have some good prospect pools this class...and then a decent amount of bad ones.

(3665 words)

(Gib cash)

RE: Ztarwarz Ranks All Prospects, Season 26 - Pat - 09-24-2020

Awesome article! This batch of rookies might not be huge but there are some REALLY strong options.

RE: Ztarwarz Ranks All Prospects, Season 26 - ComebackZak - 09-24-2020

126 TPE now for Tugg Smile awesome article!