International Simulation Football League
John Canton Talks Recent Absence - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: John Canton Talks Recent Absence (/showthread.php?tid=2619)

John Canton Talks Recent Absence - Sweetwater - 07-25-2017

After a long absence, San Jose Sabercats star corner, John Canton, shows up to camp and preseason. After refusing to talk to the media for two weeks, he has finally decided to speak with team reporter Jessica Beasel about what he has been up to, and what he's looking for in the coming season.

JB: You disappeared right before the draft, and haven't been seen until training camp, what happened?

Canton: It was a weird time in my life. I was a bit demoralized be my performance over the past year, needed some time to reflect, you know? Then some personal items came up that needed my attention, football is a huge part of my life, but family comes first. On top of that, if I'm not right, my game's not right.

JB: So, where have you been then?

Canton: Mostly at home. But I spent some time with my parents. Flew my father out to NYC to go see that show Hamilton and get a big ass steak. Rented out a cottage on a lake near where my mom grew up and spent some time with here there. Did a bunch of stuff to get mind off football, relax, get my head straight.

JB: How have you been feeling since getting back onto the field?

Canton: I've been great. Obviously needed that first game to get my wits about me again, but going right back to shutting down divas who just run fast. Im getting faster, stronger, smarter every day. Expect to see me in the top talks this year.

JB: We hear you've been looking to change your game, tell us about that.

Canton: Yeah, I had seen how successful some of the other corners were in the league and have been watching a ton of tape. I've been working with the secondaries coach and receivers coach to learn how to better guard my man. I have been spending some time with Shane Weston and Bailey Cook learning routes and jukes and just trying to be as disruptive as possible in the passing game. I think players and fans alike will see a big difference this year.

JB: What are your expectations for the coming season?

Canton: Look, obviously I'd love to say we're going to go out and light the world on fire. That we'll go from the bottom to winning it all. But realistically, we're on the rebuild. Between the expansion draft and guys just walking away, we we're hit pretty hard coming into the season. I think the front office is doing everything they can to get us into a position to be successful, and I think we're going to see big improvements in the future.

JB: Speaking of the draft, what do you think about your new teammates?

Canton: I honestly can't say much, I haven't really gotten to know them yet. I came back and was surrounded by new faces. I look forward to getting to know them more and seeing them develop, but most of the time I just look at my boy Ja Brill and we know it's time to get shit done.

JB: Any talk of your future with the team after this season?

Canton: Can't say anything yet. Just know I like the team, and the team likes me. Don't be surprised if you hear any news about this in the near future.

JB: Thanks for your time, and good luck this year.

Canton: Thanks for having me. Go Cats!

So there you have it. Canton is back and ready as ever to contribute. We hope he stays around for a while here in San Jose, and helps bring an Ultimus home for us.

Code:
615 Words

GRADED

John Canton Talks Recent Absence - Sweetwater - 07-25-2017

@ckroyal92
@Symmetrik
@RainDelay
@7hawk77

John Canton Talks Recent Absence - RainDelay - 07-25-2017

Hyped to have you back! SJS

John Canton Talks Recent Absence - ElMachoNacho - 07-25-2017

You smashing Jessica on the low?