International Simulation Football League
*S25 Draft Wiki Review - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S25 Draft Wiki Review (/showthread.php?tid=26192)

Pages: 1 2

*S25 Draft Wiki Review - LancedJack - 09-27-2020

Seeing a bunch of guys go in the ISFL draft was a fantastic sight. Recognising those who had held strong throughout their Prospect Bowl and DSFL season to get a cracking amount of TPE and keep themselves active and get drafted at the next level was brilliant. What was not brilliant was recognising some of the names in there for their wikis I'd had to approve and, in some cases, edit. I have seen it all, I'm that tears in rain guy from Blade Runner. I've seen wiki's on fire off the coast of Orion, I've seen tables consisting of nothing more than white space. So lets take a look at the wikis of the first couple rounds and see what we think. I expect good things but I know for a fact I'm going to be disappointed. 

1.01 - Swantavius Jones - Berlin Fire Salamanders
Wiki Grade - A

Oh Swanty. What a great effort to open the pack. We've got some good chat in here about him (presumably) putting the wrong height and weight on his creation page, we've got some information on his ISFL draft, his DSFL draft, he's split it all out with separate headings. Even a little bonus he's got his own user page, I'll let you see how good it is but I rate it. Two things lose points for the big fella. He hasn't hotlinked the drafts in his sidebar and, despite going first overall (and therefore having a good render somewhere) he has opted not to use it. C'mon man, they worked hard on it let's see it on there! Overall though, great start.

1.02 - Dan Foster - Yellowknife Wraiths
Wiki Grade - C-

Dan gets a C- by virtue of only the fact that he's actually made the wiki and registered himself as a Portland player so it's colour scheme appropriate. Outside of that? It's a big oof. Despite being taken second in the ISFL Draft and in the 2nd round of the DSFL draft he's still listed as a Prospect on his wiki header. His sidebar doesn't list where he's been drafted to or when. He does have two tables and has filled them correctly and has some hotlinks suggesting he knows what he's about. So c'mon Dan what do you say? Lets tighten this up.

1.03 - Tex Wrecks - Yellowknife Wraiths
Wiki Grade - B-

Tex has a pretty good wiki, I won't lie. He's got the relevant sidebar information, he has a completed table for his season stats and he's got stuff all linked up nicely. There's one glaring issue when you drop by the big mans page though and that's the photo. I believe it has somewhere between two and three pixels. C'mom boys, upload the render. Just a pedestrian photo effort. Tex is saved though by virtue of his very interesting wiki, I recommend it it's a great read.

1.04 - Raylan Crowder - San Jose Sabercats
Wiki Grade - D+

Swanty is clowning fools at this point. Raylan Crowders is.... upsetting. As a personal friend of Raylan I know that he updates his wiki page via his Nokia 3210. That explains his photo looking like a headshot of the biggest loser shrunk down to marginal proportions. What I don't understand is why his top bar tells us he's preparing to enter the professional ranks? Did Dallas not pay you last year? Don't look for his college career statistics. It contains a nice hotlink telling you where to get the template. Less Dotts packs, more wiki updating.

1.05 - Albert Ruschmann - Colorado Yeti
Wiki Grade - A

Ruschmann is an Oasis in the barren wasteland of this article. A complete palette cleanser. Look at this mans beautiful face over there. Yeah it isn't in team colours but this ranking is arbitrary. He's looking handsome and he's having fun. Can't fault any of it. Scroll down and you're greeted by something more handsome though. Tables. Completed, correct and delightfully displayed tables. Look at this man, look what he's doing. Try to be as good as, even though it's almost impossible.

1.06 - Felix Archstone - Baltimore Hawks
Wiki Grade - D

I'll be the first to accept being a GM in this league must be tough. But so tough that your wiki turns into an abandoned cesspit? C'mon Felix. We've spoken! I know you're top tier, let's reflect it in a public source. The same issues we've seen time and time again plague this wiki. He's preparing to enter the professional ranks he says, he's got a hyperlink to the old forum. You want DSFL Info? It ain't here. You want ISFL Draft info? It ain't here either. 

1.07 - Guy Fields - Honolulu Hahalua
Wiki Grade - A+

Simply breathtaking. Borderline erotic. Draft info? Here. DSFL and ISFL. Is he playing for Honolulu? I know, and you can know too by visiting his wiki. His photo? Dallas render. Tattoo the URL for this page onto my forehead. It's the best I've seen so far and it'll take some beating.

1.08 - Tayshawn Crunk - Arizona Outlaws
Wiki Grade - A

Those of you visiting these wiki's are probably thinking "That's literally a photo of Richard Sherman, incorrect sidebar information and some tables. How is that an A?" Simple answer; Tenacity. Check the change log for Crunks page. He has close to 50 revisions since the page was created. Does he get it right every time? No. Does he try his goddamn best? Yes. We reward effort out here. Take your A Crunk (For real though add your ISFL draft info please #LiverpoolLlamas)

1.09 - James Gath - Chicago Butchers
Wiki Grade - D-

This hurts me in my chest to do this to James Gath. He has the best render in the league and that's a hill I'll die on (Sorry Dorothy Zbornak please don't hurt me) but his wiki page has all the appeal of a landlocked suburban seafood restuarant. This thing can legitimately get married in a white dress, cause this thing is pure and untouched. When this was last edited COVID-19 didn't exist. James, your render is god tier, make the wiki match.

1.10 - Medicinal Toblerone - New Orleans Second Line
Wiki Grade - F

The page exists. That is all. You'll see this wiki page on TV with Sarah McLaughlin playing in the background. For just two dollars a month you can make this wiki page look passable. It hasn't even been approved. That's mad TPE just sitting waiting for you to upload a photo and copy/paste. Also his side bar has pancakes listed in inches which is either delicious or a typo.

1.11 - Goat Tank - Orange County Otters
Wiki Grade - C+

For a reason I don't know Goat Tank is listed as "Goat Tank Engine" on the Draft Page. I'm not marking him down for this, it's just unusual. For every step forward Goat Tank has taken he's taken two back. He's listed his accolades in the sidebar and linked them? Dope. He has his team listed with no link so it's plaintext? Not dope. He's got a full selection of text detailing his career and life. Dope. It's surrounded by a random set of quotation marks? Not dope. I believe in Goat Tank. The power and grace.

1.12 - Peter Patterson - Sarasota Sailfish
Wiki Grade - A-

I don't believe it to be deliberate, but that combine image works with that colour scheme real well and I'm into it. Patterson hasn't gotten around to adding his ISFL draft info yet which would normally knock him down a couple grades. But y'know what? I check the change log and this dude has detailed revision reasons. Oh why did he edit it on the 24th September you ask? "S24 Postseason Award info" it says. Sweet bud, thanks that makes it easy. Be a good wiki user, tell us what you changed.

1.13 - Hank Winchester - New York Silverbacks
Wiki Grade - A

Way to keep the streak of good wiki's alive Hank. I never even hesitated to believe in you. Hanks render is about the only thing stopping him from the A+, with low res Hank Winchester staring out at me I just couldn't award the plus. His stats and playing time even has the correct tense. This is a man who knows what he's about, and what he's about is good wiki pages. Solid take.

1.14 - Rich Triplet - San Jose Silverbacks
Wiki Grade - A+

Ended wonderfully with Rich Triplet. He's got the render as the player image, he's got the hyperlinked draft info in the side bar. He's got the completed tables and he's tucked away the combine information. The only thing I can take away from him is that's bolded his own name in a quote. That's a touch masturbatory. Outside of that? Top tier wiki. S Tier, maybe even S+.

And that is the wiki pages of the first round of the ISFL S25 draft. I would like to go a bit deeper but, as you can imagine, some of the later rounds are either non-existent or unapproved first attempts. The wiki is great, please help your wiki pages achieve greatness.

Code:
1503 words

RE: S25 Draft Wiki Review - katarn22 - 09-27-2020

This article was fantastic. Beautifully written and made me laugh multiple times. Absolutely great stuff!

RE: S25 Draft Wiki Review - GlimsTC - 09-27-2020

Imagine not waiting until the last minute to update your wiki LMAP

RE: S25 Draft Wiki Review - Jimi64 - 09-27-2020

lol great idea for a topic lanced

RE: S25 Draft Wiki Review - Arkz - 09-27-2020

I have shamed my Dojo. Time to clean it up.

RE: S25 Draft Wiki Review - Eldorian - 09-28-2020

(09-27-2020, 06:37 PM)LancedJack Wrote: 1.11 - Goat Tank - Orange County Otters
Wiki Grade - C+

For a reason I don't know Goat Tank is listed as "Goat Tank Engine" on the Draft Page. I'm not marking him down for this, it's just unusual. For every step forward Goat Tank has taken he's taken two back. He's listed his accolades in the sidebar and linked them? Dope. He has his team listed with no link so it's plaintext? Not dope. He's got a full selection of text detailing his career and life. Dope. It's surrounded by a random set of quotation marks? Not dope. I believe in Goat Tank. The power and grace.

Don't care, got TPE.

RE: S25 Draft Wiki Review - Swanty - 09-28-2020

Hahaha loved this, great writeup! What a creative way to tell people to sort their s*** out!

RE: S25 Draft Wiki Review - Crunk - 09-28-2020

I am suitably shamed.

Article was funny as fuck though, well played sir.

RE: S25 Draft Wiki Review - Kotasa - 09-28-2020

I had to flex dog with the self bold

RE: S25 Draft Wiki Review - LancedJack - 09-28-2020

(09-28-2020, 09:27 AM)Kotasa Wrote: I had to flex dog with the self bold

Game recognize game