International Simulation Football League
*TPE based analysis of all DSFL teams - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *TPE based analysis of all DSFL teams (/showthread.php?tid=26575)

*TPE based analysis of all DSFL teams - teddyoojo - 10-04-2020

Comparing the DSFL Teams by TPE and where those TPE are in.
I wanted to write a little piece trying to rank the DSFL teams going into Season 25 and looking at each teams respective weaknesses and strengths.
Disclaimer: I do not have any actual idea of what I am doing so dont take my word to mean anything but me trying to read something out of something.
Lets start of with theeeeee...
Also im using the effective TPE (meaning someone with 500 TPE counts as 250 TPE for all intents and purposes)
more disclaimer: this is all as of date of 04/10

London Royals
Total TPE: 3226
Average TPE: 170

Ok, so right off the bat the London Royals look in a decently strong position to defend their Ultimini title this season. Coming up with tied for second highest average TPE,
but only 6th in overall effective TPE, however, they are basically tied with 4 other teams in that department while only trailing to 2 teams with alot less average TPE, meaning I'd
most certainly give the Royals TPE rating an advantage over those 2 teams.
London sports a Capped QB (like most teams and something that seems pretty neccessary in the DSFL) whos really into throwing the ball instead of trying to run with it, which appears
like the norm. They have 3 more capped players on their defense, with a Defensive End, a Linebacker and a Cornerback. 200+ TPE on Tight End, Safety, another defensive End plus a RB rounds
out a rather balanced looking high TPE group of players for the Royals. However, their receiving corp is only 2 players deep, both of which are S26 creates, one of which is going into the season opener with less than 100 TPE, and given that their RB is still 3-4 (real) weeks away from capping it stands to question how their offense is going to be able to perform.
Their D-Line definitely seems to be their strongest point, boasting a ridiculous of total of 789 TPE between 4 Lineman. Another concern for them however might be the rest of the defense however,
with only 1 safety, 2 CBs, one of which appears inactive on 106 TPE, and 2 Linebackers, one of which starts the season below 100 TPE.

Summary: Capped QB, Best Dline in the league, lacking in wideouts, questionable secondary. B+, solid chance at playoffs

Dallas Tweetwoofs
Total TPE: 2684
Average TPE: 134

Giving their TPE stats a first glance, the Birddogs definitely look like a much weaker team compared to the Royals we've looked at first. Sporting about 550 less total TPE, while
also averaging a staggering amount of 36 less average TPE just seems like an uncomfortable spot for the boys and girls in Dallas. However, lets take a closer look at the makeup of the team.

They do also sport a capped QB, however with 2 less Int, 1 less throwing Accuracy, 5 less endurance (which is honestly rather low for both, but I'm not sure a high Endurance is of any importance for a DSFL QB), who instead chose to go up to 70 Speed.
As for the other capped players, they have 2 more in a Safety and a Linebacker, however they have another safety and a wide receiver who are looking to be maxed going into week2 of the DSFL, therefore I'll consider them maxed.
Instantly u notice their 2 capped Safeties which as far as i can tell is a huge thing for this dumbass sim we're using. Basically almost 1/5th of their entire TPE in those 2 Safeties. pretty dope. Safeties are the best. I've been told by
Goat Tank that they're worth 2 Points.
Moving on, they round out their secondary with a 222 TPE CB and a 112 CB, which puts their secondary in a really good position, as I will assume one of the safeties will play a bunch of Cornerback.
Their Linebacker Squad seems on the upper side of "Solid", with a capped LB, and two more sitting at 144 and 115 TPE respectively (adding that both are S26 which makes their TPE quite impressive and prolly make Dallas very happy).
Sporting 2 Real Oliners, who however seem quite inactive as they are S25's with 100 TPE each, theyre looking at okish protection for their QB.
They have a really promising looking RB aswell (their rookies actually seem really promising so far) with already 173 TPE as an S26.
But unfortunately for the Dogbirds thats where their strength appear to stop. Their D-Line seems unfortunately really poor with a total of 198 TPE between 3 players (one of which is a GM Bot idk how to take that tho so i just assume it like a regular players thats inactive or some shit I dont fucking know). However both non Bot Players are S26 and therefore might improve over the season.
They have 3 receivers total, with one being capped and the other 2 unfortunately on very low TPE and somewhat inactive, and one Tight-End total which is also a GM Bot

Summary: Capped QB, One of the strongest secondaries, strong linebackers, awful D-Line, no depth at wideouts/Tight End. D+, playoffs is a stretch.

Kansas City Coyotes
Total TPE: 3377
Average TPE: 153

Looking at the Coyote's TPE, one can see that they have more total TPE than the Royals, but a lower average TPE, meaning less "star" players, but more depth, therefore less need to use Bots and inactives to fill out their Lineups.
Same area of total TPE as London, 4th highest average TPE with quite big gaps to 3rd and 5th respectively.
They star a capped QB, whos stats look really similar to Londons Quarterback, a capped CB, OL, LB, RB and Safety making their TPE quite top heavy with almost half of their TPE
tied up in those 6 players. Then again I'm unsure how bad of a thing that is, or if its a bad thing at all, because having 6 capped players is quite the luxury, especially having a capped Oline player.
Their secondary in general appears quite solid, with the aforementioned capped Safety+Cornerback, adding a strong 161 TPE S26 safety to the mix, an inactive 137 TPE corner, and 2 more Corners with 50 and 113 TPE respectively.
By playoffs their second safety is possibly capped out or close to aswell, making them have one of the best secondaries in the league.
Moving on to their Linebackers, they have 4 total, a capped one, their second rounder whos currently sitting on 116 TPE, an inactive 100 TPE players and a new draftee with 67 TPE, making their Linebacker squad decent enough to back up their strong secondary.
To round out their defense, lets take a look at their D-Line. If I can find it. Oh yes, they do have 2 D-Lineman 1 of which is inactive at 93 TPE, but they do have a new S26
draftee who sits at 111 TPE currently (and I've heard hes a member of HO which gives a secret TPE boost aswell or so I've been told). In summary that makes their Defensive Line on par with Dallas', which is unfortunate.
The Coyotes can only hope, that their strong secondary can make up for the incredible lack of pass rush. Id expect alot of 3-4 out of them.
Their WR squad is umm, looking somewhat similar to the Dline, with 1 really strong looking S26 draftee sitting on 148 TPE, but their only other wideout is a rather inactive S26 draftee on 62 TPE.
Capped RB, dont have much to say about that other than good! 92 speed coyote gotta go vroom. With their Oline situation, which means they have a capped Oline plus a 209 Oliner AND an 86 S26 Oliner, their running game seems scary as FUCK

Summary: Capped QB, one of the strongest secondaries, strong linebackers, awful D-line, no depth at wideouts/Tight End. So far I just copied Dallas Summary BUT with their Oline+RB their offense actually looks scary compared to Birddogs.
B, solid shot at playoffs IF their DBs+LBs can make up for the Dline.

Portland Pythons
Total TPE: 4569
Average TPE: 126

So right away we have our first outlier looking at the TPE. They have the highest total TPE, while simultaniously having the second lowest average TPE.
Meaning DEPTH as fuck. But also bringing into question about the top of their TPE board. Which is a stupid question since they do have 6 Capped players, BUT theyre one of the teams without a capped QB, however Lebron is already at 146 TPE, hoping to become atleast not a risk anymore over the course of the season.
They star a capped RB, DT, DE, TE and 2 LBs. Boy oh boy is their Defense scary as fuck.
Lets look at their secondary first though, where they dont have any capped players, the only team with a capped member in their secondary. They have a somewhat inactive S25 CB on 196 TPE, one on 120 and 2 inactives in 60s.
Their safeties are 2 inactives at 50 TPE, and 2 promising S26 draftees at 148 and 74 TPE respectively. While their secondary is one of the weaker ones, I think their defense still looks insanely powerful.
Moving to their Linebackers, I basically already talked about their Linebackers when going over their Capped players, sporting 2 capped Linebackers with an inactive 155, a somewhat active 109 TPE linebacker and a new S26 prospect their LB corp is INSANE.
Their D-Line is also ridiculous with a capped DE, DT and a 226 TPE DT, rounding it out with some inactive players and some new low TPE draftees.
Their defense is very scary, I wonder how the Olines of the league can hold up against THAT defensive Line.
Their offense being lead by a S26 QB is obviously a disadvantage compared to the other teams, however with a capped RB and a pretty much capped OL player, there might be some juice to their offense anyways.
The receiver corp seems pretty poor apart from their S26 draftee whos leading the group in TPE with 149 and some draftees who are low TPE but might pick it up. Maybe the capped Tight End can help pick up some receiving yards and help in the rungame.

Summary: Non capped QB, by far best Defensive Line plus Linebackers combo, okish secondary making their defense actually scary as fuck, questionable offense thats gonna rely on Tightend+RB to gain yards. A-, Playoffs or riots in Portland.

Tijuana Luchadores
Total TPE: 3361
Average TPE: 176

Yeah, so right away all I can say is the Luchadores have a ridiculous amount of average TPE, aka the highest in the league. Their total TPE is in the middle of the pact, meaning a little less depth than the other teams but alot more high TPE/capped players.
They sport a capped QB which is great, 3 (thats three!) capped Cornerbacks, capped safety, OL, and 2 DTs (disclaimer: everyone above 240 TPE I count as capped for this matter). Like fuck, how do u have 4 capped members of the secondary???
Lets go through their defense. 3 capped Corners, 1 capped safety, but thats all, they prolly have either one corner play safety in normal 4-3 and 3-4s or have a bot in at safety, and need one in case they play nickle or similar things. But damn, that secondary.
Linebackers appear to be not as sick as the rest of their D (not even a capped player lmap) however in the draft they addressed this heavily, having drafted 2 Linebackers who sit at 169 and 156 TPE respectively which is really nice amount for S26 creates.
An inactive Lb at 144 TPE rounds out their Linebacker squad.
Moving onto their defensive line, they sport 2 capped DTs and 1 S25 DE on 175 TPE. Their defense most certainly gets an A++ from me, and its only going to get stronger when their linebackers improve.
Their offense powered by a capped QB, hes gonna throw tooooo... lets see, a 115 S26 draftee that looks promising oh and two 50 and 62 TPE draftees, plus a somewhat inactive but 145 TPE tightend. So I guess the run game is where its at for Tijuana, lead by their
soon to be capped S25 Running Back and their capped Oline Player. And since the DSFL is a run first league, its believable that a strong qb with weak receivers, with a capped RB and one capped Oliner is enough to put winning amounts of points.

Summary: Capped QB, by far the best overall Defense in the league, questionable overall offense BUT a capped RB. A+, probably the strongest Ultimini contender (simlul tho)

Minnesota Grey Ducks
Total TPE: 4504
Average TPE: 121

So the other outlier in total TPE next to the Pythons are the Grey Ducks. 4504 total TPE, but only 121 average TPE, which is the lowest average in the league, seems really questionable, but shows some good depth.
They have 9 (nine) capped players, which unfortunately for them does not include a QB, as they lost theirs to the ISFL. However, their capped players include 2 LBs, 2 CBs, 2 Safeties, 2 Running Backs and a Defensive End.
Starting off with their secondary, they obviously have 2 capped safeties and 2 capped cornerbacks, which is pretty damn strong, it gets supported by multiple inactive 50 TPE cornerbacks and safeties, but it remains really strong.
Their linebackers also obviously are really stacked, given that 2 of them are capped, however the remaining Linebackers are 50 TPE inactives.
The D-Line is the "weakest" part of their defense, with 1 capped DE, 2 140ish DEs and only 50 TPE inactive DTs, unarguably the second best defense behind Tijuana.
Their offense is being lead by a rookie QB currently sitting on 122 TPE, however he seems to be prioritizing Int, hoping for causing less turnovers, and secretly practising handoffs in his spare time.
The receiver corp seems pretty poor, which seems to coincide with most of the leagues approach to WRs, sporting 2 S25 wrs with 138 and 118 TPE respectively, but showing alot of depth at the position with some more S26 draftees who could make a serious push for #1 receiver. Strong Tight End with dumb name.
The main focus in their offense is obviously going to be their running game, with 2 Capped RBs, one going with 94 speed, while the other one is sporting the, as I've heard chatter about, cheesy 79 speed 90 strength version. Reminds me of Clevelands backfield, hopefully for them the Grey Ducks suck less lmap. Their only Oliner is a 59 TPE inactive, so the RBs have their work cut out for them.

Summary: Rookie QB, second best defense in the league, questionable passing game, however strong RB duo but no Oline in sight. B+, playoffs possible but QB situation might be an issue

Norfolk Seawolves
Total TPE: 1965
Average TPE: 131

Ooof. Wasnt even going to write much more than that but lets have a look anyways. By far the lowest amount of total TPE (less than dallas), while also having the third lowest TPE average. Once again, Ooooof.
They have 3 capped players, a DE, Safety and an Oliner. Their QB is arguably the worst starting QB in the league sitting at only 57 TPE heading into week1.
Aight lets make this quick, their secondary has a capped safety, a solid S26 draftee whos already at 166 TPE and an inactive Safety at 109 TPE. Their corners, well, the highest CB has 55 TPE. Lets hope their rookies can pick it up.
THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY LINEBACKERS;
they have a capped DE, and a 69 TPE rookie, hopefully he can build on that. No DTs.
Their rookie QB is helped by a really good prospect at WR whos sitting at 166 TPE as of today, and 2 more inactives at 101 and 50 TPe each.
Their Running back is Mr 42, currently at 168 TPE. Solid, hes gonna have to step up BIG if norfolk wants to score ever. Decent Tight end to block mostly I assume, and praying their 1 capped Oliner can make enough gaps for 42.

Summary: Oof. F+, hopefully can take a homegame or two.

Myrtle Beach Buccaneers
Total TPE: 3406
Average TPE: 170

So MBB is tied for second in average TPE with London, but sports about 200 TPE more total, giving them a slight edge in depth.
They have a capped QB, TE, 2 Safties, 1 Corner, 1 LB and amazingly enough 2 capped WRs.
Looking at their secondary, they impress by bringing back 2 capped Pro bowlers at safety, and a capped CB, making their secondary top3 in the league, but lacking behind Tijuana and the Grey Ducks.
They do also round out their secondary depth with a 144 TPE safety and a 178 TPE Cornerback, making their nickle defense incredibly potent, and overall id say theyre only very slightly behind those 2 other teams in that regard, arguably stronger than the Grey Ducks secondary, however the non capped safety plus corner both are inactives, therefore not improving through the season.
Linebacker is a really strong position for the Buccs, Having a capped LB and two S26 prospects already on 150 and 67 TPE respectively.
Their Dline, having unfortunately lost Goat Tank to the big leagues, is in full rebuild mode, only sporting 1 Defensive End S26 prospect, who however looks promising on 92 TPE, but overall the Defensive Line of the buccs is damn poor and the worst in the league with only 1 real DLiner.
Their offense is lead by a seasoned capped QB, who has the highest Speed of all the QBs in the league, even if its just slightly but something to take into account possibly.
The Wideout corp is by far the best in the league, with 2 capped Wide Receivers and another promising S26 draftee.
Unfortunately for the Buccs they lost their 2 top RBs, but are replacing them with 2 Rookie Running Backs, one of which is already at 134 TPE and can hopefully carry the ball to take pressure off of the QB.
Accompanied by one S26 Offensive Lineman whos sporting a strong 183 rookie TPE, the Buccs are gonna be focussing on more passing than is normal for the DSFL, and can maybe bring the DSFL into a new meta.

Summary: Capped QB, top3 secondary, strong LBs, almost non existant DLine, best wideouts in the League, rookie RBs. A-, playoffs are expected or fire NTG.

Overall Power Ranking
1. Tijuana Luchadores
2. Portland Pythons
3. Myrtle Beach Buccaneers
4. Minnesota Grey Ducks
5. London Royals
6. Kansas City Coyotes
7. Dallas Birddogs
8. Norfolk Seawolves

3143 words i think, also thanks uber
last disclaimer: all hate on dallas is purely because fuck the cowboys and not at all related to anyone in the dsfl at all

RE: TPE based analysis of all DSFL teams - Jimi64 - 10-04-2020

Tweetwoofs, I like it

RE: TPE based analysis of all DSFL teams - Pat - 10-04-2020

Great article!

RE: TPE based analysis of all DSFL teams - Asked Madden - 10-04-2020

Didn't really feel like there was any Dallas hate at all. Really insightful article. I do think Dallas do a lot better that 7th but I'm biased

RE: TPE based analysis of all DSFL teams - dogwoodmaple - 10-04-2020

Good stuff! Gonna be a challenge in Norfolk this year but we're up for it