International Simulation Football League
*Crossley Chronicles #10 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Crossley Chronicles #10 (/showthread.php?tid=26658)

*Crossley Chronicles #10 - ajtigger - 10-08-2020

Wow, I really can't believe it has been over one year since my career began in the DSFL. I have learned so much over the course of the past year and have really developed into a better player due to the mentorship of my coaching staff and teammates. While I was selected by the San Jose Sabercats in the 3rd round of the ISFL draft, I will be spending another season down in Myrtle Beach with the Buccaneers. It is now my time to help lead this team and take us to the next level. We have a fantastic group of returning players and a hungry draft class ready to make an impact. I now present to you my predictions for the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers this upcoming DSFL Season.

1. We will be in the playoffs

I am no Broadway Joe, so I won't make any guarantees about winning a championship or even the division, but I will say I believe this team is ready to get into the playoffs. On defense we have some key pieces returning especially in the secondary which should put us in a good spot to lockdown opposing teams. We also kept everyone's favorite kicker and team captain in Bloomey so you know our special teams will be ready to go. Our biggest reason for making the playoffs this season however will be our offense. The sheer number of weapons we have will pose an issue for any team. I expect our team to be slinging the ball all over the field and putting up a high point total on a regular basis. Jackie Daytona will have some many options that he will won't know what to do with it. Which leads me to my next point....

Jackie Daytona will be your S25 DSFL Offensive Player of the Year

Our team will be throwing the ball constantly this season. Daytona is going to chew up defenses when he has Reed and McJimmerson to throw to (mini prediction, both of those make the pro bowl). I fully expect Daytona to lead the league in passing yards and with the Buccaneers getting into the playoffs he will be a shoo in for the offensive player of the year award. At the end of the day I expect him to throw for 25+ TD this season and the DSFL secondaries won't know what hit them.

I will have over 700 yards receiving this season

I know, I know I only had 312 last year, but this year feels different to me. I am so much better of a route runner and my hands have improved as well. I also feel I have a much better grasp of the offense that will help me find those extra yards. Further, I don't have to do this alone. Reed and McJimmerson means I don't have to worry about the defense keying on me, I will be the third option. And me as a third option should scare defenses because our Quarterback is going to find the open man and if you start covering me someone else is just going to take over. I expect a big year for myself and know I will deliver.

It wouldn't be fair if I only highlighted the positives of our team. I can not lie that the loss of Goat Tank will hurt this team. Our defensive line will be much weaker than last season but I truly believe that we will overcome. I think you will see some creative coaching on the defensive side of the ball that leads to players like Teddy being more involved in pass rush. The other downside will be our running game as we lost our top back. I have full confidence in our new rookie to step in and carry the load when necessary. Overall I just am very positive on what our team can do.

I may be seeming overly bullish on my and my team's performance but I fully believe all of my predictions above. This team and I will be have a successful season and our fans are going to have plenty to celebrate. Overall, I hope all of you are just as excited as I am for the DSFL season to kick off tonight.

Best of luck to all the teams and their fans.

Much luv,
Zach

RE: Crossley Chronicles #10 - Pat - 10-08-2020

I've been high on MB and that offense you guys have down there all off season. It's going to be fun to see you guys in action. I hope you let Jackie air it out early and often.

RE: Crossley Chronicles #10 - UberBJ - 10-10-2020

Being conservative holding Jackie to 25 TDs. He's going to lead us to 8000 yds and 47 TDs, 23 of which will be yours.
[Image: eb72f9dcf375db6e9c0bb181b5014646.gif]