International Simulation Football League
*Predicting DSFL week 2 MIN v DAL - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Predicting DSFL week 2 MIN v DAL (/showthread.php?tid=26691)

*Predicting DSFL week 2 MIN v DAL - ThunderTitan82 - 10-09-2020

Im going to try and use an educated guess to predict the score and stats for the week 2 matchup between Minnesota and Dallas, basing my choices mostly off of week 1 performances, and some preseason, but it will be mostly factual, with some educated guesses thrown in.

Predicted score  -  MIN 28  -  DAL 13

Looking at Dallas
These two faced in week one of the preseason and it wasnt pretty for Dallas. The score was 26-3. Preseason stats are not very reliable though. But still, Week one Dallas fell short against London 30-13. Offensively Caliban struggled a bit, he had decent completion with 19/31, but struggled in the red zone and scored only 1 touchdown, throwing 2 interceptionsagainst London, and many more in the preseason. Look for him to struggle once again, against a top rated Minnesota secondary. The ground game definitely isnt what it used to be in Dallas. Rookie RB Cobra Kai took 18 carries for 67 yards. A 3.7 yard per carry average. This was against a London defense that is good, not great. When these two faced off in the preseason he ran only 7 times, but only managed 17 yards. Look for him to get more carries, but production is not likely to be great. Against a dominant secondary, and Caliban being likely to struggle at least a little bit, the recievers will have a rough time also. I expect Callous to shoulder the recieving burden, but he most likely wont see the numbers he saw against London. Defensively Dallas has not been great so far in the regular season or preseason. I expect Leaking to lead the way, with Kirkland not far behind in tackles. They will likely be hard pressed for turnovers as Minnesota doesnt fumble often, and have been avoiding too many interceptions. They should have moderate succes in the pass rush, I am expecting two sacks, but not many more, they only recorded one against London.

The minnesota offense should be able to run circles through Dallas' D Line, having a much better rushing duo than London, Dallas secondary may have some success, but Negs has been very careful with the football, and has the highest completion percentage, and QBR in the league. Dallas offense will probably continue to struggle against Minnesotas stout defense. 

Projected stats for Dallas

Passing
M. Caliban - 16/35 - 120 yards - 1 TD - 2 INT

Rushing
Cobra Kai - 21 carries - 78 yards - 3.7 ypc
S. Miglaskems - 11 carries - 46 yards - 4.1 ypc

Recieving
M. Callous - 6 rec - 66 yards - 1 TD
J. Smith - 4 rec - 24 yards 
J. Football - 3 rec - 16 yards
M. Murphy -  2 rec - 8 yards
B. Willard - 1 rec - 4 yards

Kicking
M. Catmas - 1/1 xp - 1/1 fg < 20 - 1/2 fg < 40-49

Defense
R. Leaking - 11 tckl - 1 TFL
E. Kirkland - 9 tckl
P. Berto - 5 tckl - 2 TFL
B. Slammu - 5 tckl - 1 Sack
L. Rumper - 4 tckl - 1 pd - 1 int
M. Mann - 4 tckl
B. Blackwell - 4 tckl - 1 PD
P. Francis - 3 tckl
S. McKenzie - 3 tckl 
M. Luffy - 2 tckl - 1 TFL
F. Mcflufface - 1 tckl - 1 sack

Looking at Minnesota
Minnesota has seen marked improvements fro mlast season on both sides of the ball. They just won a road game against a very strong Tijuana team, and allowed only 10 points while doing it. The secondary held veteran quarterback Mike Boss Jr. to only 8/15 passing, with 77 yards. They did not record an interception in the game, but were at the top of the league in interceptions through the preseason. They gave up a lot of yards in the ground game to star running back Bronco Mills, who ran 17 times for 105 yards. Beside him Gilbot ran 23 times for 86. This was top rated Tijuanas run game, which did have a great game that cant be denied. But the air attack was utterly shut down. If Tijuanas A+ run game couldnt overcome a lacking air attack, Dallas' run game wont be able to. I expect the Minnesota Defense to give up a few plays, but lock it down when it matters, and force a few turnovers. Offensively Ryan Negs looks primed to have another solid game. He threw 16/21 and 136 yards with a touchdown against Tijuana. He currently boasts the leagues highest completion percentage, and the top QBR of 108.4. The Duck groind game plays a big role in that success, with Rotchburns pounding for 15 carries and 80 yards, and Vermillion scampering for 14 carries and 66 yards. I believe they will each run much better against Dallas defense that allowed London to rush for almost 200 yards.

Projected stats for Minnesota

Passing
Ryan Negs - 14/23 - 127 yards - 1 TD - 1 INT

Rushing
J. Vermillion - 21 carries - 102 yards - 1 TD
M. Rotchburns - 19 carries - 94 yards - 1 TD

Recieving
L. Newton - 5 rec - 66 yards - 1 TD
J. Washington - 4 rec - 39 yards
J. Ding Dong - 4 rec - 19 yards
D. Grayson - 1 rec - 3 yards

Kicking
G. Maximus - 4/4 xp - 0/1 FG < 50+

Defense
A. Chainbreaker - 10 tckl - 1 sack
W. Gleel - 9 tckl - 1 sack - 1 PD
S. Gap - 7 tckl - 1 TFL
J. Lenkins - 6 tckl - 1 PD
B. Brucie  - 6 tckl
D. Blackfyre - 5 tckl - 1 PD - 1 INT
J. Gath - 4 tckl - 1 PD - 1 INT - 1 TD
O. Sloan - 4 tckl - 1 PD
G. TheWatt - 3 tckl - 1 TFL
M. Otawara - 3 tckl - 1 TFL - 1 sack
B. Van Sanzo - 2 tckl - 2 TFL - 1 sack

Final score again

28 - 13 Minnesota wins at home.

RE: Predicting DSFL week 2 MIN v DAL - dogwoodmaple - 10-09-2020

Negs about to set a career high in yards and TD

RE: Predicting DSFL week 2 MIN v DAL - Newty - 10-09-2020

I'm having a hundred in this game, quote me

RE: *Predicting DSFL week 2 MIN v DAL - snazzlepuss22 - 10-10-2020

Well I hope I get a tackle.

RE: *Predicting DSFL week 2 MIN v DAL - ThunderTitan82 - 10-10-2020

(10-10-2020, 08:25 AM)snazzlepuss22 Wrote: Well I hope I get a tackle.
Oh no I forgot about Brick! I had you in my notes with a sack! Don’t worry I got you