International Simulation Football League
*Sam Roes Draft Night - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Sam Roes Draft Night (/showthread.php?tid=26708)

*Sam Roes Draft Night - Roezam - 10-10-2020

Little late but better than never.

There's nothing like draft night. I thought the DSFL draft was a good time but the nerves of the big leagues are even bigger. I had all spent draft days leading up to the draft looking at mock drafts and stressing out. Most people had me going in the 3rd or 4th round, disrespectful in my opinion, but that's ok. I was a mostly unknown commodity and not the most active guy on forums. I also later learned that a lot of the second round picks were GMs of other teams. Weird that they can split into 2 humans, maybe I should learn that power and play on both sides of the defensive line. Leading up to the draft I decided to treat myself. For breakfast my parents and I went to Pancake House where I got a short stack of pancakes, a couple scrambled eggs, a few sausage links, some strips of bacon, and some lovely coffee. My god it’s always delicious everytime I go. We then went for a walk around the neighborhood with our dogs before heading home to prepare for the draft party. We had Jimmy Johns send us lunch, it got there freaky fast. The rest of the family started showing up around 4. My grandparents were first, they’re retired and would’ve been there at 8am if we didn’t give them a show up time. My uncles and aunts started trickling in over the course of an hour or so. The cousins with them. All in all we had about 20 people in our house. Some of us had a ping pong tournament going. I didn’t win. An hour before draft time our Chick-Fil-A catering got to the house. I’m not going to say I ate all the chicken nuggets, but I definitely ate more than recommended. As we finish eating, for the most part, we’re about 20 minutes from the draft. I plop down on the couch with parents on either side of me. A bunch of hats laid out in front of me and we start playing the waiting game.

It’s always fun to see guys you played alongside get drafted. Through the first round my former Liverpool Llama’s teammate Tayshawn Crunk got drafted by the Arizona Outlaws. We also saw the people like Goat Tank and Albert Ruschmann go in the first round. Nothing unexpected. Second round rolls around and I see another former Llama, Rusty Rucker, get drafted to the Honolulu Hahaua. Then at the end of the second round I see my current Seawolves teammate Xmus Flaxon Waxon-Jaxon get drafted to the San Jose Sabercats! Way to be the first Seawolf drafted! Well deserved, dudes a headhunter when it comes from secondary blitzes. Third round comes around and the room is getting tense as this is where we know I might get drafted. Most projections had me in the 3rd or 4th round. Fellow Seawolves Jimi Desoto and Ananda Adyan both got drafted in the 3rd round to the Philadelphia Liberty and the Berlin Fire Salamanders. Round 3 comes to a close.

Round 4 starts and we’ve been watching for about an hour. We see Mark Walter go to the Yellowknife Wraiths and Darren Pama go to the Arizona Outlaws. My phone rings. The area code is 267, Philadelphia. I answer the phone and hear the lovely voice of, uh, Soup. Weird name. I’m waving my hands down to try and keep my family quiet while I talk on the phone. It doesn’t work. The usual stuff from Soup, You ready to work, We’ll get you settled in here, etc. Once I hang up the room goes crazy. For the most part we miss the rest of the draft because we’re too busy celebrating. My dad breaks open the champagne. Then my uncle broke out the shots. Night only got crazier from there. Lots of fun. Unforgettable moment.