International Simulation Football League
(S25) - PT 2 - Endorsement Money - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S25) - PT 2 - Endorsement Money (/showthread.php?tid=26720)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S25) - PT 2 - Endorsement Money - Opera_Phantom - 10-14-2020

Every product that QB extraordinaire Jay Cue endorses, promote a luxurious lifestyle. The portuguese star knows everything there is to know about rich people brands, so he only signs with the best. Remember Odell Beckham Jr. with his Richard Mille watches worth thousands of dollars? That is pocket change. Cue just signed a deal with the watch company to promote their jewelry for a couple million dollars, and all he has to do is show up to an event wearing some. All it takes, a few hours with the watch, then he pockets that and the money.
But Cue's passion is cars, and while he has not a single document signed with any brand, it is very common that luxury brands try to give him some cars, so that he is seen in them. Ferrari, Bugatti, Pagani, McLaren, Aston Martin, he was front cover of a bunch of magazines while on the cars, making those brands millions of dollars with the increase in sales. Who does not want to be like one of the ISFL stars?
It is very strange, but the more money he makes, the more things he gets for free. He has the Midas touch, and everyone in the world knows that. Can you imagine if only he had a decent season?

(215 words)

RE: (S25) - PT 2 - Endorsement Money - s4ndr0p - 10-14-2020

That's so stupid lmao
[Image: O5ITJ6c.png]

RE: (S25) - PT 2 - Endorsement Money - Cincyfan96 - 10-14-2020

As a small town boy who has now become an international football player, Adam Schell was approached days after his arrival in Berlin by Berlin Organics to promote their new product, "Baowow Hydration." Schell asked that they first send him some of their product so that he could see if he enjoyed it and has since switched exclusively to Baowow as his sports drink for training and game days. This sports drink is organic, locally produced, and does not contain the massive amounts of artificial flavoring and sweeteners that are so prevalent in the big name sports drinks. Schell is lined up to appear in 3 commercials for Baowow across the course of the season as well as to have a bottle of Baowow on the table to postgame interviews. This small company connection with the up and coming Schell could be the start of something bigger and better, both for Schell and Baowow lovers across Berlin. Berlin Organics has asked Schell to work on his German so that he can better promote the product locally as well as internationally. When asked if he was excited about this new product, Schell showed off his new German skills in his response, "Ja!"

RE: (S25) - PT 2 - Endorsement Money - y2bobman - 10-14-2020

[Image: testing.jpg]

RE: (S25) - PT 2 - Endorsement Money - lespoils - 10-14-2020

Affiliate : https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=110965&pid=2923230#pid2923230

RE: (S25) - PT 2 - Endorsement Money - Sl1nny92 - 10-14-2020

What follows is a brief excerpt from a recent interview with Matty Martinsson, linebacker and defensive end of the Portland Pythons and San Jose Sabercats. Martinsson himself has edited this extract to include his actual thoughts that varied from the 'professional answer' he gave on the day.

Reporter: "So, Matty - I may call you Matty, right?"...(Martinsson curtly nods)..."Matty, what exactly are you doing here today?"

Martinsson: "I'm here to promote a promising local company that, I think, could really make it's mark on the national stage with the right marketing."
(I'm just here so I don't get cut - P.S. Why would I not let you call me Matty? It's my name you halfwit)
Reporter: "Yes I see. Well I guess that explains the snake skin boots!"

Martinsson: "Ofcourse! The company, ugh, Black Mamba, hand-make refined, stylish footwear for the entire family to enjoy. The shoe I'm wearing right now is one of their top selling lines!"

(Obviously that explains these horrendous boots. What did you think?  I walk around on the regular looking like PETA's worst nightmare?)
Reporter (Glancing questioningly down at the boots): "So, um, why did you decide to endorse this particular company? And, on the flip side, why did they choose you?"

Martinsson: "Well, personally, I'm a real champion of smaller companies trying to get their names out there in a tough world. If I can help boost sales by exposure, I will do! As for why Black Mamba chose me, well, I guess the clue is in the name of the team I play for."

(Does this guy think people at home are dumb or something? I. PLAY. FOR. THE. PYTHONS. They were hardly gonna choose a player from the  New York Grizzlies, were they?! Man, who hired this dude?!)
Reporter: "Well, I hope this little endeavor goes well for you and the company. I have to say, snakeskin boots really look good on you! Although, for my final quickfire point. Why are you kitted up for gameday?"

Martinsson: "Not only am I here to show off this excellent quality footwear, but I also need to show that the Portland Pythons, as a team, are behind the decisions their players' make. The folks that run this ship love their local area and want to see it thrive. We feel like we can be a beacon of hope for all in our city."

(Boy, it's getting hard to keep a straight face with the garbage I'm letting exit my mouth. Essentially, my friend, this whole thing was a corporate idea, and I'm the mug who got chosen. I'm standing here, outside a shopping mall, wearing the Portland Pythons gameday uniforms...with freakin' snake skin boots covering my feet. This is a low point. This is a real low point. I don't get paid enough for this.)

RE: (S25) - PT 2 - Endorsement Money - wonderful_art - 10-14-2020

As a new DSFL prospect thrust into the limelight in Kansas City, Arthur Naught had a few discussions regarding potential endorsements that would interest the young star wideout. He was contacted by a open toed sandal company that wanted him to walk around for a few months in open toed sandals, but he declined. Then he was contacted by a fishery that catches different types of fish. And he also declined that option of endorsement. He was contacted by Ford to do an add placement, given the well known Ford manufacturing in the Kansas City area and the Ford Kansas City Assembly Plant in Claycomo, but he turned that one down too since it just didn’t feel right. Bon Ami reached out to him, produced by Faultless Starch/Bon Ami Company of Kansas City, and he seriously considered it – even doing research into what Bon Ami was. When he discovered it was a cleaning powder, and not the French burger, he was very disappointed and told them to get out of his face. Chevrolet Malibu and Buick LaCrosse, both manufactured at General Motors Fairfax Assembly Plant in Fairfax, Kansas City reached out, but he turned both down as well, preferring to not do a car endorsement deal at the time. Finally he agreed to a Dawn dishwashing detergent endorsement after a convincing sales pitch by the company.

RE: (S25) - PT 2 - Endorsement Money - retrospace111 - 10-14-2020

Yo know for a fact that Zamir Kehla gets paid those big bucks by a lot of companies to be in their advertisements. Geico, is a very notable company that's paid many athletes to star in their commercials. Statefarm locked up Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes, but Zamir is a regular in Geico ads. They'll usually play during an ad break in the Outlaws games, which is quite ironic. Zamir's biggest sponsorship deal is from a new brand of clothing he founded called Vertigo. It's a sports wear + equipment company. Think of Nike and Adidas but better and more specialized for professional athletes. Zamir wanted to capitalize on his fame and appearance by investing into a wise business opportunity such as this. Zamir usually wear Vertigo shoes and a Vertigo undershirt. The uniforms are standard issue and given out by the team. Funny enough, the Outlaws are sponsored by Adidas. Along with Geico and Vertigo, Zamir has also been sponsored by M&Ms once. Zamir's a big fan of M&Ms and you can always catch him snacking on some on the sideline. It only made sense for the M&M company to offer Zamir a lifetime worth of free M&Ms in exchange for being in their ads and being a sponsor.

RE: (S25) - PT 2 - Endorsement Money - Birdman - 10-14-2020

SHL Affiliate PT - LordBirdman

RE: (S25) - PT 2 - Endorsement Money - Dagumpa - 10-14-2020

PBE PT