International Simulation Football League
*To Chicago With Love - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *To Chicago With Love (/showthread.php?tid=26789)

*To Chicago With Love - ForSucksFake - 10-15-2020

Daymond Brooks a hulking young man. His battle-hardened shoulders told the story of a man who spent nearly every waking moment in the gym. Having worked his whole life to be a physical specimen, a single skipped workout could be detrimental to not only his physique but his mental routine. In a world as dog-eat-dog as professional football, any disadvantage could spell the end for him. 

Years ago, Daymond had entered the ISFL’s developmental league as a wide receiver where he spent three years in Minnesota with the Grey Ducks. It was here where he met Tyron Shields. Both men had been under looked and undervalued as prospects and as they worked tirelessly to prove themselves right and their critics wrong, their bond grew. Tyron, a cornerback, was drafted by the Chicago Butchers the same year that Daymond was selected by the Honolulu Hahalua. Tyron was called up to the ISFL in his third season while Daymond took on the title of team captain with the Ducks the same year. It was that offseason that their lives would be forever altered, their destinies intertwined, and their hearts tangled.

Daymond woke up one morning to his phone ringing. It was still so dark out that Daymond worried there could be something gravely wrong.

“Hello?,” he said faintly as he sat up in bed.  On the other end was a very collected but happy voice.

“Daymond, this is Bayley over in Chicago. As the General Manager of the Butchers, I wanted you to know we made a trade for you just a few minutes ago and are very excited to bring you to the Windy City.”

Daymond was still pretty foggy but the more he listened to the man’s voice, he could feel his heart flutter. Tyron was in Chicago. Could this be a dream?

“I know it’s pretty early still over there in Hawaii, but before I let you go I wanted to know how you feel about playing defense?”

Defense? Daymond had been an offensive player his entire playing career. He knew the playbook would seem like it was written in a completely different language to him.

“Defense, sir? Yeah, I think I could play defense out there for you.”

Bayley gave Daymond the quick rundown many general managers give their newly acquired prizes and then handed the phone to his assistant to set Daymond up with his itinerary.

Chicago felt like it was centuries away, never mind miles. But Chicago offered Daymond the chance to pursue his dreams and he wasn’t going to let that slip through his hands.

The next two days were spent packing up his things and fortunately for Daymond, there wasn’t a lot to pack. ISFL salaries were cushy but real estate prices in Hawaii made millionaires feel like college kids with a ramen budget. Daymond had settled down in a studio apartment that had a nice view of Kailua Beach, but had hoped to buy a house in the upcoming years. Now his train of thought was chugging toward the idea of buying a house with Tyron. The flight was only eight hours away but it felt like decades.

The next morning, Daymond locked up his apartment for the final time, left the keys at the manager’s desk, and got in a taxi headed to Daniel K. Inouye International Airport. Hours later, when he finally boarded the plane, he put his headphones on and pulled out his old iPod Video. Kids these days would appreciate a device dedicated to music storage and playback. He moved his thumb on the click-wheel until he finally got to Madonna’s 1986 classic album “True Blue.” He watched the plane taxi out as “Live to Tell” began to play. Over the moody deep synthesizer, Madonna’s beautiful voice eased Daymond’s nerves.

“The truth is never hard to find. You kept it hidden well.”

You’ve never seen true beauty until you’re 30,000 feet over the Pacific Ocean; and seven miles above the waves, Daymond could feel his worries wash away with the tide. No matter how badly he wanted and needed to, Daymond couldn’t fall asleep during the eight-hour flight. All he could think about was seeing Tyron's glowing face. Daymond was a secure man but he never felt more safe and secure than when he was with Tyron.

The young man was as fried as Ted Bundy in the electric chair when the wheels of the plane finally touched down in Chicago. The longer a trip takes, especially when someone special is on the receiving end of you, the worse you feel. Daymond Brooks grabbed his leather bag from the overhead luggage compartment and patiently shuffled out of the plane’s cabin. As he made his way to the baggage claim, a voice he had been longing for yelled out into the noise-saturated air. Hearing his name, Daymond whipped around like a drunk Zamboni driver scraping the ice in between periods.

“Tyron, I didn’t know you were picking me up,” Daymond said.

“Well, I wasn’t going to let anyone else do it,” was Tyron’s reply.

This was the moment Daymond had been dreaming of for what felt like a lifetime. All of those years spent in Minnesota together had made their bond so impenetrable. Daymond’s sword sharpened Tyron’s sword whenever they went head-to-head in practice. They had formed a connection deeper than Mariana’s Trench and not even the cold Minnesota winter could extinguish a fire that burned so vibrantly.

The excitement overwhelmed Daymond so much that he dropped his luggage as he was pulling it off the carousel. Tyron reached over and grabbed the handle of the suitcase. As they stood intertwined in the chaotic airport foot traffic, what happened next would shock them both.

Daymond’s hands had been so sure and dependable for so long, why did they fail him now? He extended his hand to retrieve his luggage from Tyron and as his hand grazed his friend’s, Daymond pulled him in close. At that moment, he knew he had to make his move. Going against all of the ravaging doubt in his warring mind, Daymond closed his eyes and pressed his lips against Tyron’s. In this moment, he knew he would either find reciprocation or rejection. But he didn’t care. He would deny himself no longer.

Nobody in the world understood or cared about Daymond the way that Tyron did, and it was evident when Tyron wrapped his arms around him and returned the passionate kiss with tenderness and attentiveness.

RE: To Chicago With Love - retrospace111 - 10-15-2020

Why did my nipples get so stiff reading this? I hope there is a part 2 with lots of graphic sex