International Simulation Football League
*Heath Evans to test Free Agency - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Heath Evans to test Free Agency (/showthread.php?tid=26804)

Pages: 1 2

*Heath Evans to test Free Agency - Thor - 10-15-2020

Heath Evans has today made the announcement that at the conclusion of the current ISFL season he will be electing to opt out if his contract with the Arizona Outlaws. After four seasons in Arizona, Evans will test the market as one of the best Tight Ends in the league and will be open to hearing offers from any and all teams. 

Many will point to the trading of Bruce Buckley as a major factor in this decision as he and Evans had played together from the beginning of their DSFL careers. While losing this friend from the team definitely plays into it, Evans stated that "[he had] always expected to test Free Agency at some point in [his] career, the decision may have even come sooner if not for expansion in the previous season".

Some critics are questioning this move as Evans was the recipient of the Tight End of the Year award in S24 with the Outlaws, and is currently on track for another outstanding season. Evans however believes that he can replicate this production on other teams and will not only be a strong contributor - but could potentially become the focal point of a teams offense.

People have been quick to acknowledge that Evans probably wants to play alongside Buckley again in the future, and expect that his most likely landing place is wherever Buckley is playing next season, however Evans set the record straight in a recent post on Twitter "People saying trading for Buckley means you automatically win the Evans FA sweepstakes - but I'm my own man and will sign with whoever suits me best." @HeathEvansISFL

While Vegas bookies still have Yellowknife as the most likely landing place, it's clear that Evans will be fielding offers and may end up on a different team to his long time teammate. Though teams are not permitted to contact Evans at this time, he has opened the door for any GM to contact him at the conclusion of the season and made it clear there's one major thing he wants out of his career.

"I want to make the HoF and be in the discussion for GOAT ISFL Tight Ends"

Heath Evans will be conducting a Free Agency press conference after exercising his option and looks forward to taking any and all of your questions at that time.

RE: Heath Evans to test Free Agency - MisObvious - 10-15-2020

(10-15-2020, 05:32 PM)Thor Wrote: "I want to make the HoF and be in the discussion for GOAT ISFL Tight Ends"
idk about that one

RE: Heath Evans to test Free Agency - siddhus - 10-15-2020

fr?

RE: Heath Evans to test Free Agency - ScorpXCracker - 10-15-2020

wheres the zamir copypasta

RE: Heath Evans to test Free Agency - Frostbite - 10-15-2020

!thor

RE: Heath Evans to test Free Agency - CLG Rampage - 10-15-2020

Damn am I that bad

RE: Heath Evans to test Free Agency - retrospace111 - 10-15-2020

When a person on your team has no faith so he leaves :shrug: I knew Arizona had no future and it seems like their players know it too can't blame him for not wanting to be on a garbage team :joy: Arizona could use a TE if you want to play on a team with a real championship window

RE: Heath Evans to test Free Agency - slate - 10-15-2020

(10-15-2020, 06:22 PM)retrospace111 Wrote: When a person on your team has no faith so he leaves :shrug: I knew Arizona had no future and it seems like their players know it too can't blame him for not wanting to be on a garbage team :joy: Arizona could use a TE if you want to play on a team with a real championship window

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=14058551]

RE: Heath Evans to test Free Agency - ForSucksFake - 10-15-2020

Applied.

RE: Heath Evans to test Free Agency - Billybolo53 - 10-15-2020

[Image: tenor.gif]