International Simulation Football League
*Tijuana Ring of Honor - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Tijuana Ring of Honor (/showthread.php?tid=26913)

*Tijuana Ring of Honor - Ben - 10-27-2020

[Image: 9VNloo6.png]
TIJ Tijuana Ring of Honour TIJ

[Image: GOOEdUS.png] [Image: HI1rqzX.png?1] [Image: dbXBhwH.png?1] [Image: FiXWZ3H.png] [Image: Buv1KsB.png?4]
[Image: UUy0DYh.png?1]  [Image: 9MXPGe1.png?1]  [Image: go34TCJ.png?1]  [Image: kKTRSYe.png?1]
I know I'm a little late this season but some more great alumni joined our ring of honour. The nominated players were voted on by cuarto de guerra with the rules that a player must be retired from the ISFL to be nominated. The voters were advised to consider both the player's Tijuana career as well as their career afterwards in the ISFL, but it was up to the voters discretion on how they weighted each. Players with 0 votes will be removed from the ballot, but this season every player on the ballot got at least one vote. You can see last season's induction here. You can also see all the members of our ring of honour in our fancy new wiki page! Shout out to Beaver and Mith for helping with that. Without further ado, those joining L'Alto, Mills, Falconi, Flash, Slothface, Havran, Horne, Skarsgard, and Keita in the ring of honour are;

[Image: ZsPu6CI.png]
Rod Tidwell @SDCore Max TPE: 1056
Tidwell played two seasons in Tijuana, he holds the record for longest catch by a Luchadore at 60 yards. He also holds the record for most yards in the playoffs at 124 and longest catch in the playoffs at 58 yards. He spent his entire career in the ISFL with Austin where he won a ring and is now in their team HOF.

[Image: 4Jg96ea.png]
Brave Ulysses @PaytonM34 Max TPE: 727 
The first of the Bash Brothers, who revitalised the OL position and showed what active human OL could do in the DSFL, a predominantly run first league. Ulysses played four seasons for Tijuana winning two Ultiminis and sitting third in career pancakes. He played his entire ISFL career in NOLA where he won one title and is second in career pancakes.

[Image: cYP5l8E.png]
Edmond Beaver-Dantes @Beaver Max TPE: 535 
The second of the Bash Brothers and another member of Tijuana’s famous wall. He played two seasons for Tijuana before moving up to the ISFL where he spent his entire career with Austin and won a ring there along with Tidwell.

[Image: qrT4lmj.png]
Ben Tu’inukuafe @Ben Max TPE: 573 
The third and final Bash Brother and stalwart of the wall for five seasons. Second in career pancakes for Tijuana and has the best season for an OL ever in the DSFL with 67 pancakes 0 sacks allowed. Two time Ultimini champion before joining Ulysses in NOLA and switching to DE. Ultimus champion, second in career TFLs, and top 10 in career sacks and fumbles recovered for the Second Line.

[Image: kadFiOh.png]
Blake McCargue @Alkaiid Max TPE: 143 
The very first member of the wall and the guy who started the OL renaissance and gave Payton, Beaver and myself the inspiration to follow. Played eight seasons for Tijuana all across the offensive line as others came and went around him. He is the leader in career pancakes in Tijuana and three time Ultimini champion.

Players remaining on the ballot for next season:
S9 Ricky Adams RB #34
S4 Blackford Oakes S #33
S17 Jordan McCann III QB #13
S10 Achilles Hondo FB #45
S16 Laszlo Forty-Two WR #42
S10 Xandra Troyski S #8
S8 Thad Pennington S #42
S8 Chad Pennington LB #10
(Please pm me at any time if you would like to nominate a Tijuana alumn to add to next seasons ballot)

Notes from the author: You can see there's a slight bias towards newer players as a lot of our war room were not around for the careers of some of the older players on the ballot. That's partly on me to write detailed descriptions of the older players careers on their bid to help the newer war room members understand the impact they had. This is also because we only started voting on the ring of honour three seasons ago, obviously if it had started sooner most of these nominees would already be voted in.
Payton and myself become the first users to have two players in the ring of honour, showing that no matter what they do they just can't get rid of us. Ulysses was also one vote off becoming the third player to be voted in unanimously.
Four OL being voted in at once really highlights the era Tijuana was in 10 seasons ago and the vision Payton and I had for the team as GMs at the time "building the wall and making SA pay for it" lol. TH and Scorp took that wall and won back to back Ultiminis with it. That doesn't seem like such a big thing in the modern DSFL but back then using early draft picks on OL was unheard of. Now every team in the DSFL is committed to having active user OL players and there are alumni from every team performing in the ISFL, most notably at this time MB. This can only be seen as a good thing as a more competitive DSFL with each team developing great players and users for the majors is ultimately what we all should want.
Once again shout out to @ckroyal92 for the jerseys they are amazing as usual.

RE: Tijuana Ring of Honor - mithrandir - 10-28-2020

Congratulations to all our inductees! Fair rubs!

RE: Tijuana Ring of Honor - C9Van - 10-28-2020

Congrats to the OLiners

RE: Tijuana Ring of Honor - GuitarMaster116 - 10-28-2020

Legends before my time. I wish I were around during the glory days of the Tijuana Wall. Congrats to all the inductees!

RE: *Tijuana Ring of Honor - huck24 - 10-29-2020

TIJ TIJ TIJ