International Simulation Football League
(S25) - PT 5 - Playoffs? You Kidding Me? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S25) - PT 5 - Playoffs? You Kidding Me? (/showthread.php?tid=27069)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

(S25) - PT 5 - Playoffs? You Kidding Me? - Baron1898 - 11-02-2020

(S25) - PT 5 - Playoffs? You Kidding Me?

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. All graphic responses must show at least some effort.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S25 claim thread.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit.
Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit.

We’ve had a number of incidences involving PT plagiarism. If you are caught stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please.

This task is due next Sunday, November 8th, at 11:59 EDT. Have fun and get writing!

Written Option: How’s your team looking with the season wrapping up? Are you poised for a deep trophy run, or are you just hoping to win another game? What strengths and weaknesses has your team shown throughout the season, and how has it led to your current situation? If your team has a shot, what needs to go right to make the cut; if they don’t, what problems need to be fixed in the offseason to better compete next year?

Graphic Option: Preview a potential playoff matchup with your team, or break down potential goals of your team for the offseason. Make sure it isn’t just text on an image.

As always, you can link your affiliate PT:
SHL;
GOMHL;
PBE.

RE: (S25) - PT 5 - Playoffs? You Kidding Me? - OrbitingDeath - 11-02-2020

The Dallas Birddogs had nothing to complain about this season, they made a lot of friends with their friendly banter on twitter and the free points we gave out to the teams around the DSFL. To wrap the season up the Birddogs will try and win the next few games, while the playoffs might be hard to reach, they definitely had a fun season. Even though this year is not over and they are just one win behind, it’s hard to predict if we can still make it. Winning in the DSFL is just a secondary goal, getting prospects ready for the ISFL is the main one. The running game has been a strong part throughout the season, not only Cobra Kai but fellow rookie Sirdsvaldis Miglasķēms also made a nice impression. The weakness throughout the season has been the passing game. The league high 12 interceptions for Caliban show their main problem, especially considering some games were lost with just one score difference.

Issues to fix in the offseason might be hard to predict, as you never know which players will be called up. The Dallas Birddogs don’t want to be senddown heaven and rely on only older players, they want to make sure the new and younger players also feel welcome and at home. So it’s hard to say what they need to fix in the offseason. They will have to look for further talent into the draft and work from there. Sim luck might be by their side then next year.

RE: (S25) - PT 5 - Playoffs? You Kidding Me? - ReverendOReily - 11-02-2020

The Dallas Birddogs, although not exactly poised for a league shifting championship run at the current stage of the game, are simply having a marvelous time. It's true, the sim gods haven't been entirely kind to us, but rather than daring to curse them, we praise them for the blessings we do receive, like Cobra Kai's magnificent running physique, or Primo Berto's albatross like wingspan that enables him to throw quarterbacks to the ground and bat away passes with ease. The Birddogs have been on the wrong side of a few questionable referee calls, but the referees are trying their best just like everyone else. Furthermore, we've received the short end of the stick on several close games, and to our opponents we say congratulations, but more importantly, we bark and tweet at them.

Fixing the problems that exist in this team won't be easy. We find ourselves in a difficult position: should we do a worse job at developing our players so that they get sent down and we can hold onto the players we draft for longer than a single season? I don't think that sounds like much of a solution at all. Instead, we will be happy with the wonderful draft picks we have made and will continue to make in the seasons to come, and more importantly, we'll continue to have a damn good time while doing it. God bless the Dallas Birddogs, and good day to you.

RE: (S25) - PT 5 - Playoffs? You Kidding Me? - zaynzk - 11-02-2020

Winning football games is hard when you are an expansion team. It took us until week 8 to win our first game. With playoffs reaching near, their is impossible, however that does not mean that we have nothing to play for. In the words of our GMs tanking is for suckers, we are playing for honor and glory, what does it matter if we have the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft, we are going to get a strong user at any point in the draft so why show the league how good we can be. We are a young team who has a bright future, and the one thing that we want to do is surprise other teams by punching them in the face with a win, we play alot of teams in playoff contention and we like the idea of playing spoiler. to all these other team. This season was never about winning it all, but it was about building to win in all within the next 3-4 seasons. we want to show the league we are not a joke, and that howitzer is a QB that will become one of the greatest in a few season and that our young core is one worth getting excited about.

RE: (S25) - PT 5 - Playoffs? You Kidding Me? - LancedJack - 11-02-2020

As the season winds to a close it's safe to say that the Hahalua are looking to right the ship, sort the ills of seasons past and take the majestic, cartilaginous fish to the post season berth in which they belong. Playing in the toughest division in the ISFL is no skin of the noses of the Honolulu side, especially for Venus Powers. The kicker has been automatic for the Hahalua this year leading to many fantasy players picking her up almost instantly and watching their win column sky rocket. That performance has strongly correlated with the Hahalua's win column. In spite of their defensive selections in the draft Honolulu are coming closer to being a juggernaught on that side of the ball but they're just a little ways off. A post season berth looks close for the Sting Rays and all they really need to do is tighten up on D and close out drives on O. Sort this out and everything else will fall into place. They're peaking at the correct time and as their form continues to improve so too will their chances. Some free agent acquisitions may help, particularly on the line where it's riddled with AI. A post season berth this year closely followed by a deep run or even silverware the following? Time will tell.

RE: (S25) - PT 5 - Playoffs? You Kidding Me? - retrospace111 - 11-02-2020

Arizona is in a great spot to make the playoffs, despite underperforming for most of the season. While many pegged Arizona to get a guaranteed playoff spot, it wasn't looking like that when they were 5-6. They won back to back games, including giving OCO their first home loss. The defense has been really strong this year, specifically the secondary, leading the league in interceptions, with 20. No other team has more than 13. The defensive line isn't bad either. They have 47 sacks, 2 less than the leader of sacks in the league. Arizona also leads the league in rushing yards, and it's not hard to see why, with the most mobile QB of them all in Jay Cue, along with the future HoFer Mathias Hanyadi. Arizona also leads the league in YPC, by more than 0.4. Jay Cue isn't throwing that badly either. He has a 3:1 TD to INT ratio, which is excellent considering he is Jay Cue. Cue is the 3rd highest in passer rating, T-2nd in interceptions, and 1st in rushing yards for a QB.  There are 3 teams competing for the 2nd and 3rd seed in the playoffs, the Sabercats, the Outlaws and the Hahalua. The Outlaws have 2/3 home games left, the Sabercats have 1/3, and the Hahalua have 0/3. It will most likely come down to playing the Hahalua in week 17.

RE: (S25) - PT 5 - Playoffs? You Kidding Me? - DApolloS - 11-02-2020

The London Royals met lots of criticism after a journalist compared their rosters last season and this season to 2 previous franchises that won titles back to back. They started the season at 2-0 before the article came out and followed that up with 2 losses in a row.

Clearly The Royals had a chip on their shoulder, as they have been nothing short of dominant (we'll ignore those nail bitters because wins are all that matters). London is looking like the favorite going into this last stretch run of the season to win the last game of the year.

This team is poised for success. Their running game is the strongest its been in a while, their passing game is being anchor by a veteran leader at Quarterback and a pair of phenomenal rookie receivers and their defense has been nothing short of Nightmarish for offenses to face. This team is ready once again.

As for Logan Sarrasin, he has played his part and had some very good games and some mediocre games. But not.once has he thought about anything about himself. He is 100% in on this team and will do whatever is nessesary to win The Ultimini Championship this year.

RE: (S25) - PT 5 - Playoffs? You Kidding Me? - deadlunatic - 11-02-2020

Well at six and seven, we technically have a shot at the playoffs, but it seems unlikely. We play the Yetis tonight, so that could go very poorly, or maybe we show up and smack them in the nose. As of right now, we have no consistency in our game on either side of the ball. On offense, we seem to be able to string some good plays together or do absolutely nothing. And that is both running and receiving, we just seem to kind of sputter and nothing happens. On defense, our two issues seem to be getting pressure on the opposing quarter back and our defensive backs being able to bring down the receivers with out being carried twenty five yards each time. I think we are a couple pieces away from having a true playoff caliber team and on top of that we are starting a few real rookies in a couple of important positions. So with their natural growth going forwards we should have some good improvements for next season just from that. I know we have a wide receiver below 400 TPE, a corner back who is also a first year call up and a defensive tackle called up first year. All three of these guys will be approaching or get above 500 TPE by the end of next season, which is a big jump forwards compared to 383 TPE for a starting wide receiver. All of that being said, we could still go on a run and sneak into the playoffs. Technically we haven't been eliminated just yet. I am talking about the Wraiths as I am on that team.

RE: (S25) - PT 5 - Playoffs? You Kidding Me? - 124715 - 11-02-2020

Well, I'm in the slightly unusual situation of having two teams. And to put it lightly, both are in a bit of an uphill battle to get to the playoffs. The ISFL is somehow structured with two great teams, two bad teams, and ten mediocre teams. The Liberty will have to play one of each to close out their season, but for now, they are firmly cemented in the mediocre category. With a conference record of 4-6, we'll have trouble in the tiebreakers and will probably need to win out to earn a playoff spot. That looks possible, seeing as our only road game is against the Fire Salamanders. But the big need for the Liberty is apparent after watching their stalwart defense, which was second in the league in S23, crumble to 12th in S25. Two rookies, Tex Wrecks and Honky-Tonk Haywood, have stepped up big for Philly, and now a few more secondary players will be needed to patch the Liberty's defense.

The Kansas City Coyotes, on the other hand, are a much more solid team. We are currently slotted into a playoff spot, but need to maintain the momentum as the four best teams are all in the NFC. However, I believe that my player will fill one of the Coyotes' biggest holes, which is WR! Although we are currently 7th in the league in passing, we only have one serious WR threat. I hope that with my arrival, the offense will be able to open up and thrive.

RE: (S25) - PT 5 - Playoffs? You Kidding Me? - Vorshayla - 11-02-2020

Gonna post as my corpse since I'm still technically on that team

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think SJS has a great chance at making the playoffs, we have an easier schedule than most where we can pick up a few wins to solidify our place.  We are the defending champs and while we did lose a lot of key pieces both due to expansion draft and free agency we also kept most of the core intact with our players being one year wiser than last year.

Home field advantage doesn't mean all that much to SJS as well, we have a motto, which is to let chaos reign.  We seem to do better when nothing can be predicted and upsets happen a plenty.  Nevertheless, the goal right now for the team is to make sure that we play out the rest of the reason and finish strong.  Wherever we end up in the final standings is where we end up and we'll go into the playoffs hungry to defend our title, or we'll hit the links and try again next year.

I think at the end of the day, SJS will make a deep playoff push, if not win the whole thing again, it would be a truly perfect end to PickSix Sr's career to finish with back to back rings before he goes off into the sunset to do whatever it is he's gonna do next in his career.

225 words