International Simulation Football League
*Let The Heepstakes Begins (Presser) - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Let The Heepstakes Begins (Presser) (/showthread.php?tid=27170)

Pages: 1 2

*Let The Heepstakes Begins (Presser) - Thor - 11-06-2020

S24 Tight end of the year and back to back 100+ catch tight end has announced that he is opting out of his contract with the Arizona Outlaws to enter free agency. 

Heath is here today to answer questions from the public and any team management regarding his desires, thoughts or feelings about free agency or anything else league related.

The floor is open for questions!

(11-06-2020, 09:19 PM)Briedaqueduc Wrote: I dont have any questions i just wanted to say hi

I still appreciate you taking the time to stop by and say hi, you're a special guy and it means a lot to me.

(11-06-2020, 09:20 PM)retrospace111 Wrote: Gib heep ball
Also, what are your primary reasons for leaving?
How do you envision your career trajectory?
Who do you think you’ll sign with?

1. gib heep ball

2. While it's not assured that I'll definitely leave, I wanted to explore the options and see what is on offer. I'm essentially at the peak of my career skill wise, so I figured there's no better time to do that than now. I've had great statistics while in Arizona and it's something that I'll have to be able to see in my future with a different team as well should I choose to leave.

3. I'm hoping that my metrics can at least stay on the same path that they are now, 100 catches per season would make me the all-time receptions leader if I can keep it up until the end of my career. A lot of the all-time records are difficult to get onto the leaderboard for at all, so finding my way to the top of one would be an excellent notch in my belt and hopefully one of a few notes I'll be able to put on the list of accomplishments when I aim for induction to the HoF.

4. I honestly don't know at this point, a few teams were in contact immediately after I announced that I was opting out of my contract - so there's some definite interest, but having heard from a lot of teams in a short period of time it's going to take me a bit to whittle down my options and work out where is the best fit for me.

(11-06-2020, 09:20 PM)Number 82 Wrote: 1. Are you open to returning to Arizona?
2. Are there any teams that you're interested in?
3. Do you have any specific contract demands?

1. I'm open to discussing with any team, including my former team the Outlaws. Having played there for four seasons, it's really about making sure that where I finish out the rest of my career is somewhere that suits my needs. I haven't ruled anyone out yet - I know what's on offer with Arizona and it definitely sets a measuring stick to compare other offers against.

2. There's a few teams I can see have need for someone that fills the role I play on offense, but it really depends on the offers that come in. I would put pretty good stock into teams with an offense where I can be a feature player and continue to excel statistically.

3. The demands I had in my previous contract are probably the bare minimum I'll expect from a new team. Those included being played at slot receiver in shotgun and spread (though may be willing to negotiate on this to play WR instead, as long as it suits the TEOTY award classification), the choice of whether I play LTE or RTE in 2TE sets, a NTC and a unique name colour in the team discord. I'm a sucker for contract clauses, so they're really my focus, MOs are nice, contract money is irrelevant to me, and I'd probably sign a lifetime deal with the right team and clauses.

(11-06-2020, 09:30 PM)White Cornerback Wrote: come to besiktas

Pitch me, I'm ready to play coach.

(11-06-2020, 09:34 PM)scorycory Wrote: Legal tamper, legal tamper, legal tamper, legal tamper.

What do you think of the color orange?

Why are otters so damn cute?

1. Legal response, legal response, legal response, legal response.

2. Orange is alright - how about neon green and purple though? That's some real shit, I'd play in those colours (or maybe a variant on them).

3. I think it's something to do with their tiny little hands and the way they use them. You seen them stacking tiny buckets and shit? Can't get enough of that.

(11-06-2020, 09:37 PM)Memento Mori Wrote: Which of your fellow S21 DSFL draft 5th round picks would you most like to be reunited with, and why is it Brandon Booker?

1. That was a stacked round, Phillips, Ryeu, Booker, Passman, Eriksen and Alexander. I've already shared a team with Passman and Ryeu, Booker was pretty cool in the DSFL so I guess I could hang with him again. I never got to play with Phillips but always figured we'd make a great 1/2 combo, but really I have to say Booker because, well, it's a loaded question.

(11-06-2020, 09:42 PM)scorycory Wrote: To piggyback on what Mori said, which of your former co-GMs would you most like to be reunited with and why is it me?

Wait, you were a GM?

(11-06-2020, 10:10 PM)NicholasTheGreat Wrote: Do you miss Bruce Buckley

Every day at practice I have a life sized Bruce Buckley body pillow that I line up next to me just to try and recapture what we had. It's just not the same, but who knows - it could come to fruition for real again.

(11-06-2020, 10:43 PM)PMoney Wrote: Who is the better brother, NTG or Darkness?
How many australians can you fit in one Locker room?
What do you plan on doing with your S26 TEotY trophy?

On less tamper-y subjects:
What do you think the secret to the Buccaneers success this season has been?
Which has been your favourite season since you joined the league?

1. They're both pretty great, but if I don't say NTG he might not do the scouting for us at MB again this season - so I'll go with NTG.

2. Is that like some kind of tongue twister? I feel like in a literal sense probably a lot of them, but metaphorically there might be some kind of territorial battle that happens after you hit a key amount of them where only one emerges victorious and the rest ride their kangaroos home in silence.

3. Under the assumption I can get another one to come my way, I'd be putting it on my accomplishments list for my HoF bid at the end of my career. It's pretty obvious to anyone that looks at it that awards, records and trophies are three of the bigger categories that can get you in there. I'd love to add another to my collection to help my case.

4. That's a great question and one that has to be attributed to the players we've drafted over the last 2-4 seasons. Almost every player we've drafted has either moved onto the ISFL level, or is still playing on our team - so being able to retain a great group of guys has helped us out a lot. Despite the fact that a lot of our players moved up last season and we didn't make the playoffs in that one, I learned a lot from some of the players that went up and that's helped set us up for more success in the future. I'd love to take the credit for myself, but really it wouldn't have been possible without the war room we have and the scouting that's been done, along with the players on the team making such great efforts to earn and improve.

5. Man... Favourite season is hard, the Ultimini winning season with the Buccaneers in S21 was incredible, winning TEOTY last season was really nice too - if we can get a shot at Ultimini with MB and/or Ultimus with Arizona this season they'd be contenders as well, but right now I think it has to be the S21 Buccs. Watch this space though for new favourite seasons in the future.

RE: Let The Heepstakes Begins (Presser) - Briedaqueduc - 11-06-2020

I dont have any questions i just wanted to say hi

RE: Let The Heepstakes Begins (Presser) - retrospace111 - 11-06-2020

Gib heep ball
Also, what are your primary reasons for leaving?
How do you envision your career trajectory?
Who do you think you’ll sign with?

RE: Let The Heepstakes Begins (Presser) - Number 82 - 11-06-2020

1. Are you open to returning to Arizona?
2. Are there any teams that you're interested in?
3. Do you have any specific contract demands?

RE: Let The Heepstakes Begins (Presser) - White Cornerback - 11-06-2020

come to besiktas

RE: Let The Heepstakes Begins (Presser) - scorycory - 11-06-2020

Legal tamper, legal tamper, legal tamper, legal tamper.

What do you think of the color orange?

Why are otters so damn cute?

RE: Let The Heepstakes Begins (Presser) - Memento Mori - 11-06-2020

Which of your fellow S21 DSFL draft 5th round picks would you most like to be reunited with, and why is it Brandon Booker?

RE: Let The Heepstakes Begins (Presser) - scorycory - 11-06-2020

To piggyback on what Mori said, which of your former co-GMs would you most like to be reunited with and why is it me?

RE: Let The Heepstakes Begins (Presser) - NicholasTheGreat - 11-06-2020

Do you miss Bruce Buckley

RE: Let The Heepstakes Begins (Presser) - PMoney - 11-06-2020

Who is the better brother, NTG or Darkness?
How many australians can you fit in one Locker room?
What do you plan on doing with your S26 TEotY trophy?

On less tamper-y subjects:
What do you think the secret to the Buccaneers success this season has been?
Which has been your favourite season since you joined the league?