International Simulation Football League
(S25) - Ultimus Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S25) - Ultimus Week (/showthread.php?tid=27221)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

(S25) - Ultimus Week - Baron1898 - 11-09-2020

Hello and welcome to Ultimus Week for the ISFL Season 25! You will have ten days to complete the Ultimus Week point task, so the deadline will be Thursday, November 19th, 2020 at 11:59PM EST.

This is the fourth year of the new Ultimus Week rules, so at this point they aren’t really new. Please review the following carefully anyways.

Rules:
1) You can earn up to a maximum of 10 TPE through any combination of the available tasks.
2) There are three tiers of point tasks available for completion. The first tier is a written assignment for 10 TPE, the second is a written assignment for 5 TPE each, and the third is a written/graphics assignment for 2.5 TPE each. You can pick and choose tasks from any tier for a maximum of 10 TPE. Tier 3 tasks can be either written or graphics unless otherwise noted.
3) Each option from the first tier has a word count requirement of 800, each option from the second tier has a word count requirement of 400, and each written option from the third tier has a word count requirement of 200. Word counts will be graded using WordCounter. Shooting for 400/800 even is a dicey prospect, and can lead to partial or no credit given.
4) Graphics must be more than text on an image - it is Ultimus week, show Ultimus effort. It is up to the grader’s discretion to give credit, so don’t give us a reason to deny you TPE.
5) We are keeping the podcast option for Tier 1 and 2 written tasks ONLY. Since the word count requirement is double that of previous seasons, a podcast must include 20 minutes of discussion for Tier 1 and 10 minutes of discussion for Tier 2 about the selected topic. If you make a podcast with someone else, it must be 20/10 minutes apiece.
6) As it is too hard and complicated to time the podcast for media money and task credit, a podcast done for Ultimus Week cannot earn media credit. Record another podcast if you want the money. As with regular PT tasks, written/graphics responses cannot also be used for media credit, or the TPE will be voided.
7) You may use a PBE, SHL, and GOMHL PT as credit for a maximum of 1 TIER 3 TASK here. If your username is different on your affiliate task, you must provide the correct name in your response.
8) Affiliate PT must be from this week, 11/9 to 11/15, to get credit.
9) Affiliate PT must be the actual task, but not a link for welfare credit.
10) As always, these tasks can be written about either the ISFL or the DSFL.
11) With longer word tasks comes a higher risk of fluffing up your submission in order to meet a longer requirement. Keep in mind that these tasks will be graded closely. Take this opportunity to truly get creative, not try to skate on with minimal effort.

Tier 1: Long Form Tasks (800+ words)
Choose ONE for 10 TPE.

1) The league has a rich and fascinating history, and our perspectives on it differ from person to person. In 800 words or more, describe any significant non-playoffs moment in ISFL or DSFL history, whether you were around for it or not. Describe the context, the significant members, and the events. What exactly made this event so famous (or infamous) and why does it deserve to be remembered?

2) This week will see the S25 Ultimus and Ultimini races begin in earnest. In 800 words or more, recount any of the previous playoff cycles of either league. How did each team arrive at the playoffs? Were there any dark horse or Cinderella teams that went unexpectedly far, or any presumptive favorites that fell flat? How did the title game play out, and which players made their mark on the field? Tell the story of those playoffs as completely as you can. Do not simply recount your own experience in those playoffs or that of a singular team.

3) For any team, certain players and users have gone above and beyond, shaping the legacy of the franchise. Choose any ISFL or DSFL team, aside from Berlin and New York, and create a Mount Rushmore for that team. Who in your mind are the four most noteworthy figures of the team’s history? Why does each one of your included figures deserve that recognition, and how did each of them make their mark?

4) The offseason is a critical reflection point for the league, during which the directions of entire franchises can shift dramatically. Choose any offseason up to and including the S24 Draft, and focus on a singular team. What strategies did this particular team employ to land the players they desired? What were the team needs during the offseason, and what was the overarching plan for the future? Did they lose or land any free agents that impacted roster holes? How have the players that they drafted contributed to the team?

5) The Hall of Fame immortalizes the players that have made an indelible impact on the league. Choose one of the 46 esteemed players enshrined in the Hall and recount their story. How did they make it to the league? What team or teams did they play for, and how did they make an impact? Why do they deserve to be in the Hall (or, if you’re feeling bold, why are they undeserving)? Don’t just list off stats and awards, but incorporate these into your argument. You cannot write about one of your own players, if applicable.

6) Write 800 words or more on something that interests you. It could be related to statistics, to a league issue you take seriously, or a niche part of history that doesn’t fit neatly into either of the above categories. This must be directly related to the league, so don’t wax 800 words about your team’s Werewolf server. Be warned that freedom comes with risk, and this category will be judged especially stringently for anyone trying to spew complete nonsense.

Tier 2: Short Form Tasks (400+ words)
Choose up to TWO for 5 TPE each.

7) The playoffs have finally arrived. Choose one playoff team that is not your own from either league and recount how they got here in 400 words or more. What challenges and hurdles did they face in the regular season? Did they cruise into home field advantage, have to fight off contenders for the wild card, or sneak in on obtuse indexing rules? Are they led by MVP players on offense, or is a stifling defense the engine to their success? Don’t be afraid to go deep.

8) Awards season is a big part of the offseason festivities. Take the stand, in 400 words or more, for one or more players that are not your own, and argue why they should receive awards glory. They can be your teammates or anyone in the league. How did their stats and on the field contribution contribute to their case this year?

9) It’s always important to look forward to the future. Examine your team, and in 400 words or more, talk about how they can improve themselves to get a stab at trophy contention next year. Are you loaded with draft capital for the next draft? Do you have plenty of cap space to sign free agents? Go through the roster and note the different strengths and weaknesses, and how you think those will change over the next few seasons. How should your team adapt?

10) Pick any position, and determine who in your view is the greatest player to ever suit up at that position. Why do you view them as the GOAT? What achievements, records, accolades, or statistics do they hold? How do they stack up against the other legends in their position, and why does your chosen candidate come out on top?

11) History is not always kind to the losers. Tell the story of a team who you view as an all-time great but who did not win the title game. Why was that team so dominant? What were the major focal points of their offense and defense, and who were the star players? What makes them so special? What was the reason that they ultimately fell short of immortal greatness?

12) Give a thorough examination of a league scandal from any point in time. What made this particular drama so noteworthy? Who were the major participants involved, and what was the offense? What kind of impact did this scandal create on the league, and have any permanent changes come about as a result?

13) Take a step back and predict what the league will look like three seasons from now. Who do you predict will be the dominant teams? Which young players do you think will have morphed into superstars? Will the league have expanded again in the next three seasons, and where would these new franchises be? Don’t be afraid to be creative, but don’t be entirely outlandish either.

14) Greatness emerges through trial by fire. Recount the story of a team who came back from adversity, whether it’s a single miracle game or an entire season or multi-season comeback. How was this team‘s challenge significant, and how did they engineer a recovery? What key moves or plays were the lynchpin to victory?

15) This task is exclusive to non-recreate rookies of the S25 class and later. In 400 words or more, how has your experience been in the league? Who have you met that has made your time here more fun, friendly, and exciting? Have you been satisfied with your player’s early start? What was it like being drafted for the first time? Do you have any comments or suggestions for the entire league that you think should be implemented?

Tier 3: Written/Graphics Tasks
Choose up to FOUR for 2.5 TPE each.

16) Create an argument for your own player, or for someone else on your team, as to why they should be nominated for awards. Lay out their stats or compare them to other contenders. Make a convincing case.

17) Create a championship banner for your team, including relevant players and iconography. Graphics only.

18) Choose your favorite non-playoffs game of this season, whether your own team or another. Explain what was so special and why the winner ultimately came out victorious, including key players and moments.

19) Lay out the steps you think your team should take over the offseason to improve. This must be more than just a list over an image. Graphics only.

20) Choose any award from the past 24 offseasons that you think should’ve gone to a different contender. Why was your chosen candidate’s season superior to the actual winner?

21) Create a billboard, magazine cover, unique trading card, or video game cover depicting a superstar of the league. Graphics only.

22) Make a scouting report for any of the ISFL or DSFL draftees. Show their stats, abilities, TPE, highlights, or totally fraudulent mail-in ballots. Whatever rookies get up to these days.

23) Show your player hoisting the championship trophy. Graphics only.

24) Make a comparison between your own team and a playoff team, if your team failed to make the postseason, showing why your squad was better.

25) Imagine that the league’s Pro Bowl included a skills competition similar to the NFL. What sorts of  games could you see being implemented? Which players do you think would perform the best in ultimate frisbee, dodgeball, or other games? Which conference would come out on top?

26) Present your argument for the playoffs MVP. Show their stats and impact on the games that they played.

27) The league is prone to change. Reflect on a past change in either the ISFL or DSFL that significantly impacted something - be it a rules change, an expansion or contraction, or even a complete rebranding. What were the effects of this change, and how has it shaken the status quo?

28) Select any player who was drafted in the back half of a DSFL or ISFL draft. Show how that player has outperformed their draft position, or how they will soon do so. You cannot write about your own player.

29) Some positions are still under appreciated. Talk about the offensive linemen and/or special teamers on your squad. Show how they have contributed to the team, both on and off the field, and why they deserve recognition.

30) Reflect on the two expansion teams. How did their first seasons go? What were their key strengths and weaknesses, and how are they poised to improve in seasons to come?

Remember to have fun with this, and if you have any suggestions for future prompts, feel free to give them to the PT team! PM me with any questions about how this will be graded or what I am looking for with these questions.

RE: (S25) - Ultimus Week - ValorX77 - 11-09-2020

Task 2 (Podcast Version) +10 TPE

RE: (S25) - Ultimus Week - Kotasa - 11-09-2020

8) Awards season is a big part of the offseason festivities. Take the stand, in 400 words or more, for one or more players that are not your own, and argue why they should receive awards glory. They can be your teammates or anyone in the league. How did their stats and on the field contribution contribute to their case this year?

The reigning DSFL wide receiver of the year, Doug Howlett has made a huge splash in the ISFL for the Baltimore Hawks. Doug Howlett stepped into the lineup for the Baltimore Hawks and immediately the coaches knew he was something special. Taking the number one receiver role in the offense Howlett knew he could do great things with it and it showed. The former Tijuana Luchadore shattered rookie records for all three main categories. Howlett not only beat rookie records for receptions, yards and touchdowns but lead the entire league in receptions and yards. It was not that close either, beating the next man up by twelve catches and over two hundred yards. While he did not have as many touchdowns, I think he made up for it. While the Baltimore Hawks did not make the playoffs I think that Howlett has shown enough to not only be in the front spot for offensive rookie of the year, but I believe he should take home the receiver of the year award. Some may argue that four less touchdowns than the league leader is not enough compared to two hundred yards and twelve catches but there are some things I would like to remind those people about. First off, Howlett and the Hawks spread the ball around more when it came to passing touchdowns compared to the next man up. While Lim put up and impressive 15 TDs on the season, only one other person had more than five touchdowns, the great Earl Sauce. Howlett however had two other receivers hit seven touchdowns a piece, I would also show that there was a game that Howlett was not posed as the primary and only had 3 catches for 40 yards. If he is still primary and averages his usual 100+ yards he gets over 300 yards up on the next receiver. I think the race is a close one, but the edge to me goes to Howlett, with those 200 yards he helped set up his two other WRs to score in place of his own touchdowns. On top of his selfless play, Howlett also has a narrative reason to be voted as the wide receiver of the year. Coming in, Howlett was not looked at as a top receiver, due to his fantasy pick rate being so low but soon was one of the top waiver players to be selected. A rookie wide receiver coming off the DSFL receiver of the year award transitioning into the ISFL receiver of the year award is one for the ages. A selfless player that excelled in the DSFL, Howlett has transitioned into the ISFL nicely and will be a top receiver for years to come.
Code:
452 words
14) Greatness emerges through trial by fire. Recount the story of a team who came back from adversity, whether it’s a single miracle game or an entire season or multi-season comeback. How was this team‘s challenge significant, and how did they engineer a recovery? What key moves or plays were the lynchpin to victory?

There is not a single team from season twenty-five to experience adversity like the Sarasota Sailfish, the team just a season ago most had as front runners for the Ultimus trophy. Despite starting off last season 11-0 they fell off near the end of the season sputtering out to a 12-4 finish, which ultimately lost them the one seed and had them leaving in the second round of the playoffs. While many had them poised to be the high-flying offense, they were the season prior, the Sarasota Sailfish did not start off that way. Starting season 25 with a loss where they only scored 10 points, and then a victory where they again scored 10 points. Sarasota looked lost, but it did not stop in week two Sarasota went on to start off 2-5 looking like one of the absolute worst teams in the league. The offense was not going, and the defense was not stopping any much of anything. Some of the games were close, others like against the Hawks were absolute bloodbaths. Fantasy owners were dropping Banks left and right (Shout out to R0tz btw won me my league because of that.) The 40-21 loss awakened something in the Sarasota Sailfish however, and the offense really turned on the jets. Sarasota ended up scoring 30 or more points in their final 9 games. An impressive feat to be sure, what is more impressive was their ability to WIN all 9 games. Dexter Banks the quarterback who was taken highly in most fantasy leagues and then dropped just as fast as he was taken went on an incredible tear, ending up with the phenomenal stat line of 4,800 yards, 33 touchdowns to 10 interceptions, the most yards and touchdowns in the league with the best YPA of 8.5. A huge improvement from the year prior when he went for similar stats but was able to throw 9 less interceptions this past season. Leading the team to the best passing offense and the highest scoring in the league.  The Sarasota Sailfish’s journey to the second seed was not an easy one, but it has made them hottest team in the league. Will they make it through the playoffs is the big question. If they make it to the Yeti, they will face one of the toughest teams in the league. It is said that offense sells tickets, and that defense wins games. We will see what happens in the playoffs this year with Sarasota as it is their final year with Dexter Banks. One of the most interesting QBs to ever play the game.

Code:
434 words

RE: (S25) - Ultimus Week - OrbitingDeath - 11-09-2020

Affiliate Task - 2,5 TPE - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=111410&pid=2934328#pid2934328

Task 15 - 5 TPE -

As a Season 26 rookie I was actually pleasantly surprised with this league and the people in it. I joined as I was asked by a teammate in a different sim league, and while I first hesitated I decided to give in. I had not expect that I would actually be that active, so I made a defensive player as they would probably be needed more anyway. But the initial experience of the extensive scouting, being invited and welcomed in the locker rooms, it just made me feel a lot more familiar with the league very quickly. The Dallas Birddogs people have made my time here the most fun so far, I can’t really say there is anyone I have grown to dislike in this team (well beside the horrible walking turkey emoji, burn in hell with that thing). I certainly have been happy with my players start, before my reroll my player didn’t get to play in the games, so was a bit sad about that, but understood as he was just a 50 tpe guy on a team. They rotated me into the line up, but didnt get in the game for any plays (or did just so bad that the game didnt record me playing). After the draft and switching to running back, Cobra Kai just went all guns blazing, recording a 68 run in week 2 or 3 or so. He has been a great force offensively and it’s so fun to see that I want to remain in this position for the ISFL as well. While it was not technically a first time being drafted, it was the first time for me in this league and i must say, what an airtight security concerning the draft picks. In other leagues I usually figure out where I will go early on, or atleast have commitments from managers saying that ‘if you are here at pick xx then we will certainly pick you up’, but nothing off that in the DSFL draft, no matter how hard i tried getting information out. I am glad though for ending up on one of the teams that I was most interested in as both Dallas (RB) and Portland (QB) had talked to me about a different offensive position. So I actually was glad to leave CB behind as I had no idea before signing up that the S25 class was so CB heavy, and I would just be behind all of them for the rest of my career. I am already looking forward now to the ISFL draft, even though nobody is talking. There is a clear favourite for me and I have no idea if I will fall to them, but would be really happy if I end up there. There are some other teams as well with a nice opportunity, so wont even be mad if i end up on one of these, as long as there is a plan to fit me into the roster either this or next year, then it’s all good for me. The only thing I still hope to see in the league is a portal for updates, no longer having to manually update and count your tpe (this would also make things a lot easier for the auditors), so hopefully we will see that somewhere in the future.

Task 16 - 2,5 TPE -

Cobra Kai should be in the running for running back of the year. With his 5.3 yards on average per carry he is the highest running back this season. He might not have the highest amount of touchdowns, but considering he had 145 less carries then Mr Forty Two but the same amount of touchdowns that is certainly a selling point. Only Mike Rotchburns and Terri Yaki have more touchdowns, but they also started the season on a higher tpe amount as the rookie. For the Dallas Birddogs he got four game balls as the best offensive player. In his rookie year he ran 1482 yards in total, good for the third highest total in the league (only 6 less as Rotchburns). Considering Dallas also gave an equal opportunity to Miglaskems, sharing the workload did not hinder his stats at all. His 73 yard run is still the longest by a human player this season (sorry London bot, you’re out of the equation). The fullbacks Christiansen (66) and Tutankhamun (64) are the close followers, while 14 yards less we find Rotchburns of the Minnesota Grey Ducks and 16 yards behind we find Terri Yaki from the London Royals. Cobra Kai had a fantastic season on a team that really needed the help from his side and should be a legitimate candidate for RB of the year in the DSFL.

Affiliate / 15 / 16 = 10 tpe

RE: (S25) - Ultimus Week - ReverendOReily - 11-09-2020

13) Take a step back and predict what the league will look like three seasons from now. Who do you predict will be the dominant teams? Which young players do you think will have morphed into superstars? Will the league have expanded again in the next three seasons, and where would these new franchises be? Don’t be afraid to be creative, but don’t be entirely outlandish either.

It's the offseason; we're just about to go into the ISFL's 29th season of play. The year is 2040-something or other. As the 28th season was ending, league HO made an announcement that the league would be expanding, adding two more teams into the fold and bringing the total up to 16. In addition to adding these two teams, the Hamburg Hamburglars and the Moon Men, HO also announced that the league would under go divisional realignment; two more divisions would be added to each conference, and teams would be shuffled around amongst the new and existing divisions so that each division contained four teams. At the beginning of season 29, here's how the divisions looked:

NSFC Optimus: Baltimore Hawks, Berlin Fire Salamanders, Colorado Yeti, Yellowknife Wraiths
NSFC Prime: Chicago Butchers, Hamburg Hamburglars, Philadelphia Liberty, Sarasota Sailfish

ASFC Mega: Austin Copperheads, New Orleans Second Line, Orange County Otters, San Jose Sabercats
ASFC Tron: Arizona Outlaws, Honolulu Hahalua, Moon Men, New York Silverbacks

The season ended up being an excitement from start to finish. First overall draft pick Glerg Glorgensterger absolutely lived up to the hype he received prior to the draft, registering 13 sacks and 5 interceptions on an incredibly fearsome New York Silverbacks defense and earning himself a Defensive Rookie of the Year award. Fifth round draft pick and arguably the steal of the draft, Stubb Gubbins was the offensive rookie of the year, racking up 1382 yards and 9 touchdowns en route to a season where he did not fumble a single time despite rushing 313 times. The season was unfortunately a disaster for first year quarterback Muffin Man of the Moon men; despite staying down in the DSFL for 4 seasons and earning at a very admirable rate, he threw only 12 touchdowns on the season against 15 interceptions. However, thanks to their dominant defense, the Moon Men were able to sneak their way into the playoffs.
The teams that ultimately made the playoffs were the Yellowknife Wraiths, the Baltimore Hawks, the Sarasota Sailfish, the Chicago Butchers, the Austin Copperheads, the Orange County Otters, the New York Silverbacks, and the Moon Men. The Ultimus game was won by the Chicago Butchers 39-21 against the New York Silverbacks. New York's dominant defense controlled most of the first half, but their offense was unable to get going for the most part, and so the score of the game was 13-3 NYS going into halftime, but Chicago came out with an explosion in the second half, racking up 23 unanswered points in 17 minutes of play.

16) Create an argument for your own player, or for someone else on your team, as to why they should be nominated for awards. Lay out their stats or compare them to other contenders. Make a convincing case.
I come to you today with a very simple and straight forward argument - Cobra Kai for DSFL RBotY. I made a very similar argument this time last year for another Dallas Birddogs legendary running back, Zoe Watts, and I believe Cobra Kai is no less of a star in this league. He is sure to go on to do outstanding things for whichever team is lucky enough to draft him at the end of this week. For those who weren't able to catch many Dallas Birddogs games this year, here's how his stats shaped up on the season:
14 games played, 278 rushing attempts, 1482 yards, 5.3 yards per carry, 8 touchdowns, with a longest run of 73 yards (the highest among all running backs this season)
Kai also showed himself as something of a double threat, catching 16 passes for 97 yards, although he definitely has some stuff to work on in the hands department.
There are those who may think that Mike Rotchburns deserve the RBotY award over Kai. Let's examine his stats:
14 games played, 317 rushing attempts, 1488 yards, 4.7 yards per carry, 11 touchdowns, longest run of the season 59 yards, 9 receptions, 54 receiving yards
Two things jump out at me, each in another runner's favor: Rotchburns securely has the lead in touchdowns, leading by 3, but Kai clearly has the lead in YPC, leading by more than half of a yard on the season. I don't think those 3 touchdowns are a game changer when you consider Rotchburns carried the ball 39 more times than Kai; Rotchburns scored a touchdown on 3.47% of his carries (11 against 317), while Kai scored a touchdown on 2.88%. They aren't terribly different figures. 4.7 YPC against 5.3 YPC, I would argue, is a bigger difference.

17) Create a championship banner for your team, including relevant players and iconography. Graphics only.
[Image: ugnNm22.png]

RE: (S25) - Ultimus Week - Ephenssta - 11-09-2020

7)

The London Royals dominated their conference to clinch the #1 seed, tied for the best record in the DSFL at 10-3. But things were in doubt early in the season. The Royals initially got off to an explosive start, putting up back to back 30 point games against Dallas and Tijuana. Following these dominant performances, however, came a pair of stinging losses, including one to the Seawolves, who only won one game aside from their victory over the Royals. In that game, London experienced a miserable time on 3rd down, going a meager 4/14. While several individuals had solid games, the team struggled. Cortez put up a passer rating of 109.1 on the back of a 2 TD performance and Yaki averaged nearly 5 ypc on 19 touches. Fans were quick to criticize the coaching for only giving Yaki 19 touches. When someone has that strong of a game, you expect them to see the ball a little bit more. Ultimately, though, Norfolk held on to win 20-17. The following week, London lost another heartbreaker, this time with Myrtle Beach. The two teams expect to meet again in the Ultimini game at the end of this season, a matchup made all the more interesting by the fact that Myrtle Beach handed London 2 of their 3 regular season losses. With their record at 2-2, the season appeared to be at an important turning point for the Royals. They answered by stringing together an impressive six game winning streak, during which they averaged 21.2 points scored and only allowed 10 points per game. The streak vaulted them to an 8-2 record and all but guaranteed them the division win, but a shot at the coveted homefield advantage was at stake when they faced off for the second time against the Buccs. In an otherwise amazing season, their inability to best Myrtle Beach in the regular season was perhaps their biggest disappointment. In those losses, they scored 16 and 9 points respectively, both well under their normal performances. The first loss could potentially be pinned on turnovers. The Royals allowed two while Myrtle Beach refused to turn the ball over. They also badly lost the time of possession battle, allowing the Buccs to hold onto the ball for approximately 12 minutes longer. In the second battle, the script flipped slightly but the results were the same. They forced one turnover while allowing none, but only managed nine points on the game. Myrtle Beach’s pass defense was impressive in those two outings, allowing no passing touchdowns in either game. Ultimately, the Royals offense scored more points than any other team and allowed only 6 more than the most efficient defense. With that impressive showing, they certainly earned their week one bye and set up what could be a fascinating revenge story, should they see the Buccaneers from Myrtle Beach again in the postseason. (480 words)

25)

An activity that is not a part of any pro-bowl, so far as I am aware, is a Beard Styling contest. This often overlooked event provides an opportunity for entertainment that, in the eyes of this writer, surpasses most others with relative ease. Many athletes enjoy growing beards, but football beards are dampened by helmets, so it is rare for players to truly get a moment in the spotlight with the epic facial hair they have worked for weeks, months, or years to develop. In addition to being recognized for their on-field talents, players who have put extraordinary effort into their facial hair should be recognized. As one of the aforementioned players, I think my beard could, with the right stylist, be declared the best in the ISFL. I have already consulted with several of the leading beard stylists around the Kansas City metro area, and have already selected one should this competition be approved. We are considering sculpting my beard into an epic landscape that would feature multiple trees, perhaps some mountains in the background, and, most notably, a Coyote in honor of my season in Kansas City. Should HO fail to act on such a brilliant idea, I really think we should have a no-confidence vote and make sure our leaders are actually committed to the universal enjoyment of the sim. In short: beard styling contest or riots. It’s in your hands now, HO… (236 words)

29)

I have been scouted, at this point, by a decent number of ISFL teams regarding the upcoming draft. While nearly every team has asked whether I would be interested in switching positions, most have clarified that they are desperately in need of quality interior defensive linemen. I think that the push towards having more human OL has actually made this position even more valuable, but the fact that players experience incredibly slow starts drives people away, creating a real void of talent at this position. That is part of why I chose to play DT instead of the more lucrative DE or going for the memes on the offensive side of the battle in the trenches. The importance of an effective Defensive Line should not be understated. A dominant line will stop runs, pressure QBs, and both create more tackles for losses and sacks for themselves and for the linebackers behind, who will have more freedom on blitzes when the OL is more worried about the immediate threats in front of them. While no single player is the focus of this blurb, the top 13 leaders in tackles-for-loss in the DSFL all play on the defensive line. While their totals are much lower in sacks, I feel this goes to show that members of the DL are essential run stoppers. Effectively stopping the run forces teams to face longer distances on 2nd and 3rd downs as well as, theoretically, forcing opposing offenses off the field faster. With nearly every team experiencing a shortage of interior members of the defensive line, we should be encouraging players who are consistent earners to consider joining me in the trenches. (276 words)

RE: (S25) - Ultimus Week - bjkman - 11-09-2020

#16: Stats Awards Argument

Jacob Small Deserves another chance at Awards Glory, This 5 Time nominated Kicker and Punter has put up another great year on both sides of the Special Teams ball... on the Offensive side He tied for #1 on most completed XP's, And he was #1 on most attempted XP's. With a long field goal of 47. On the Defensive side punting. Jacob Small Tied his record of most punts within the 20 with 25 punts, which used to be an ISFL record. (Graphics to make up for remaining word count)
[Image: Cz2mX0c.png]

#17: Champ Banner

[Image: scmUiaC.png]

#21: Magazine

[Image: GK80diV.jpg]

#23: Notice the edited Belt Title ETC.

[Image: I2JFOVc.png]

RE: (S25) - Ultimus Week - Raven - 11-09-2020

Code:
3) For any team, certain players and users have gone above and beyond, shaping the legacy of the franchise. Choose any ISFL or DSFL team, aside from Berlin and New York, and create a Mount Rushmore for that team. Who in your mind are the four most noteworthy figures of the team’s history? Why does each one of your included figures deserve that recognition, and how did each of them make their mark?

While it is very early days for the Honolulu Hahalua to think about a Mount Rushmore of our legends only being 4 years old at this point, it's fun to speculate who could get up there. However we aren't excluded from this task so heck I might aswell just go ahead and create one right? While I think GM's could be on Mount Rushmore and I really want to add Keʻokeʻo Kāne-Maikaʻi, because he has had a fantastic career with the Hahalua so far both in rushing and receiving, for this task I will not be using myself or GM players.

Head 1: Venus Powers

Who would I be if I would not be trying to sell you on making a kicker one of the 4 heads. Venus Powers has had an amazing career with Honolulu so far. Setting records for the longest period of time having a 100/100 kicking record. Since joining the Hahalua Power has a 100% extra point percentage. Scoring 135/135 extra points he has kicked for the Hahalua so far which is a 61 game timespan. Next this Powers had a 30 game streak of not missing field goals which was a total of 60 field goals. 3 in week 16 of S23, 29 in S24 and 28 until week 13 in S25. Besides being an amazing kicker for the Hahalua, Powers has also been a great staple in the locker room and has brought their knowledge to the war room aswell. Powers was taking in the expansion draft that happened when Honolulu came into the league and instantly became a huge part of the franchise. It is this combination of facts that put Powers head as the first head on the Hahalua Mount Rushmore.

Head 2: Luke Skywalker

With only two seasons under his belt, Luke Skywalker might be an early inclusion in this Mount Rushmore. However Skywalker has already established himself as a great quarterback in his two season in the league. He came into the league replacing Corvo Havran who has come in to lead the team through its infancy and making a path for Skywalker to take over. Even in his rookie season which is usually a rough transistion for a quarterback, Luke was able to bring the team to an 8-8 record which was the highest the team has ever achieved. This season he recorded 26 touchdowns and 3947 yards. Tied for 5th overall in touchdowns and with Skywalker still being young and growing and having a young up incoming team around him is a great promise for the future. As I said earlier this inclusion might be a bit early days, but if Skywalker can keep improving there is a great chance he can lead the Hahalua to their first playoff apperance and in due time towards their first cup.

Head 3: Heinrich Kackpoo

Heinrich Kackpoo was the 3rd overall pick in the S23 ISFL draft and with good reason. He was brought up to the major league straight after being drafted. Within 3 season Kackpoo has established himself and one of the scariest linebackers in the league and is leading in a ton of the defensive career records for the Hahalua. As of right now in 48 games Kackpoo leads with 356 career tackles, 9 tackles for loss, 4 forced fumbles and tied together for first with Buck Thornton with 16 sacks. He also is 4th in pass deflections and has 1 of the only 5 defensive touchdowns the Hahalua have scored. There is no doubt Kackpoo will end his career leading career stats and will have done so while being a huge factor in the Hahalua defense.

Heaf 4: Jed Podolak

Another player who was taken in the expansion draft when the Honolulu Hahalua entered the league. Podolak became the number 1 guy in the receiving core. Podolak-Havran was the initial plan to start out with in the league and they had a connecting, which Skywalker has since taken over. Podolak leads the Hahalua career receiving yards with 4443 yards which is more than twice as much as the second place player in receiving yards. He also leads touchdowns in more than twice as much as the second placed player with 29 touchdowns catches with the Hahalua. Podolak has also been the most effiecient catcher having recorded an average of 15.37 yards with every catch he makes. Podolak is heading towards the twilight of his career, but will continue to be the number 1 for a while. This will give him a few more seasons to solidfy his legacy within the organization.

There we have it the 4 players I have decided to represent the Hahalua Mount Rushmore at this moment. As I mentioned it's very early days for the organisation and if you were to ask me this question in 10 seasons who knows who would be up there, but I am exciting to see that future for the team.

(823 words)

RE: (S25) - Ultimus Week - IsaStarcrossed - 11-09-2020

9) It’s always important to look forward to the future. Examine your team, and in 400 words or more, talk about how they can improve themselves to get a stab at trophy contention next year. Are you loaded with draft capital for the next draft? Do you have plenty of cap space to sign free agents? Go through the roster and note the different strengths and weaknesses, and how you think those will change over the next few seasons. How should your team adapt?

Not only do I believe that Colorado is going to be in the Ultimus this season, but I also see them continuing to be just as dominant and continuing to build for the future. This team is lead by a pair of incredible GMs in Sylphreni and TVC and both of them work tirelessly on improving the team. It doesn't matter how good we are. It doesn't matter that we've been the number one team in the regular season two seasons in a row. They don't get lazy and they're always asking "What about next season?". Currently we're going through a bit of a transition. Our TE1 has retired, one of our top two CBs have retired, our beloved QB Wolfie McDummy has retired. It looks like there is a ton of loss coming Colorado's way, but for the most part there are plans in the works. Colorado currently has a young up and coming QB in the DSFL who is in position to take the reins from McDummy. Dave Bautista has been steadily developing his game and he looks ready to have a breakout season as he replaces Sauce. Just this past season, Colorado got a steal late in the draft with an incredible user in SDCore who seems primed to work into our secondary. Every perceived hole on this team looks like it already has an answer thanks to the persistence and forethought of these fantastic GMs.

Which brings me around to the question of how to we take a stab at the championship again next season? The answer to that is simply continuing to develop. Most of our players are young. Most of our players have long careers ahead of them. They're almost all devoted to sticking it out with the Yeti. There is no great fear of regression in our future. This team is here to stay and I think will continue to be a threat every season for the next four or so. We have the best young defense in the league. There is youth at every position and they're already one of the best this season. As they continue to develop, it'll only get better going forward. Our offense is built to stand the test of time. We'll have a rookie quarterback next season but he'll be surrounded by talent that is coming into their prime. Williams is one of the best running backs to ever do it and Lim is the scariest receiving threat you'll ever see. Mix that with an elite offensive line and I see him set up for success.

We'll see what happens, but I believe as long as we continue to stay active and develop, Colorado isn't going anywhere.

13) Take a step back and predict what the league will look like three seasons from now. Who do you predict will be the dominant teams? Which young players do you think will have morphed into superstars? Will the league have expanded again in the next three seasons, and where would these new franchises be? Don’t be afraid to be creative, but don’t be entirely outlandish either. (400 words)

Looking forward three seasons would bring us to the off season heading into S29. By that time, a ton will have changed. I believe both Berlin and New York will have developed into contenders just in time to see the league expanding once more as another massive reddit class absolutely rocks the ISFL. With this extension to 16 teams, I see the playoffs expanding to a full 8 teams. I see the potential for there to be two divisions in each conference, which will really shake up the league and how it views rivalries and the like. You'll see a lot more competition between smaller groups of teams to really make those playoff pushes. I see it really changing the dynamic of the entire league and really throwing personalities for a loop as things get a bit more competitive. I see us hitting over 400 active, regular users. I see us growing larger and hitting a point of steady growth as the league gets big enough that word of mouth begins to get us larger recruiting classes that aren't strictly depending on reddit. In the big picture of things, I see nothing but good things and positivity for the future of the league. I see a stable environment where everyone has a place to call home.

Outside of the overview of how another expansion will impact us, I see Colorado becoming the new Otters. They'll be that dominant, super competitive team who takes home multiple championships and everyone hates. They're already a top team who is super young and continuing to develop, so taking a back seat really doesn't seem to be in the future for this team. I see them continuing to be led by an absolutely stacked defense built around their star linebackers Murder-Moose and de Pengu. I see this defense developing into one of the best the league has ever seen and setting multiple records in the next few seasons. I see OCO finally facing some challenges and dropping backwards. I even see them potentially missing playoffs. Young, upstart teams are really starting to compete in the ASFC and I think OCO will find it tougher and tougher to maintain their dominance. Teams like San Jose, Honolulu, and Arizona have show what they're really capable of lately. The Silverbacks are lead by a magical GM duo who will keep putting their best foot forward as they continue to advance as a squad. I see a world where even with playoff expansion, we see OCO finally missing one. The league will rejoice.

I think this league has a bright future ahead of it and obviously I hope to see Colorado at the top of the pile at the end of it all!

RE: (S25) - Ultimus Week - gucci - 11-09-2020

GM PT Pass