International Simulation Football League
*Joefish Dotts opening - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Joefish Dotts opening (/showthread.php?tid=27222)

*Joefish Dotts opening - Jo3fish5 - 11-09-2020

Ladies, gentlemen, and frogs, this is, without a doubt, the most amazing three pack opening media piece you will ever read. Mostyl cuz joefish big cool.

By the way, on the topic of mith's announcement that the pack prices got reduced to 100k per, I don't think it'll last. It's too easy to make the money back. If you tweet every day that pays for the pack itself, and any media like the one this is means you actually gain money from opening packs, the opposite of Dotts' goal as a money sink. However, maybe the increased number of people that are opening packs because of the reduced prices will make up for the drop in price. Personally, I think 200k per pack is a fine price. Not too much, not too little.

Anyway, let's not delay it any further, it is time for the most amazing and wonderful Dotts pack opening that anyone has ever seen!!1!

Pack 1:

S16 - Ben Tu'inukuafe - Defensive End - New Orleans Second Line - Gold Tier
This is actually not a bad first card, I expected it to be a bronze. But we have plenty more chances for that. Ben Tu'inukuafe played for New Orleans, starting in season twenty and played until last season, season twenty-four. Tu'inukuafe never really had any standout seasons, but was a solid player for NOLA. He definitely would've been a solid lineman if he had stuck around in the league, and maybe have a red or even blue card instead of gold. But now he's just another in a long line of no longer active gold (or worse) cards.

S10 - Steven Oats - Safety - Baltimore Hawks - Bronze Tier
Here's the bronze. First one in a long line that I'm sure will come. The only surprise is that the first card wasn't bronze. Steven Oats was drafted by Baltimore and played for them his entire career. Honestly, I'd say he could've been good if he didn't go inactive, but that's literally how the league works. Also, looking at his update page, it seems he position switched to defensive end in his last update.

S21 - HeHateMe PickSix - Cornerback - San Jose Sabercats - Gold Tier
Two golds in the first pack? Not bad. More golds than bronzes so far, I wish that had any chance to keep happening. I'm actually pretty happy with this card, since PickSix is a more recent player who is still earning, so maybe I can collect all of his future cards as well. One thing I wonder about is the name, how do you come up with something like that, It's pretty cool. Reminds me of Zamir, but he doesn't get pick sixes.
S1 - Angus Winchester - Linebacker - Orange County Otters - Red Tier
I know red is only one tier higher than gold, but it feels so much better to bull a red. I don't know if it's just me but I'd rather have a pack with five bronzes and red over a pack with six golds. Something about the snazzy looking border is just so much better than the boring gold. This is the first season one card pulled today, and most of them are probably going to be inactive bronzes, so pretty good.

S23 - Adélie de Pengu - Linebacker - Colorado Yeti - Silver Tier
This is another pull that I'm not disappointed about. First pull of the day that's from the best season, 23, not a bronze, and it's someone that I've actually heard of before. As someone with a good render, I feel qualified to say the Pengu has a good render. It's a penguin, which can be cute, or scary, or both.

S22 - LiterallyJust A. Hexagon - Safety - New Orleans Second Line - Silver Tier
With the last card of the first pack, I get another silver, LiterallyJust A. Hexagon. I remember when I first joined the league watching this guy get drafted. Defenite first-class name, ten out of ten, made me laugh. This guy wraps up the first pack today, and I'm excited to see what kind of lucky pulls we get from here on out.

Pack 2: The Packening

S22 - Romeo Devitt - Defensive Tackle - Orange County Otters - Bronze Tier
Opening up the second pack, we get another bronze. I don't know what happened with this guy, but he isn't even in the TPE tracker. I guess the older players are removed? that makes sense, don't want a thousand inactive s1-20 crowding the website. Looking at the forums, he was actuaally a season one player? Not sure if I messed up reading the card or if the card is wrong, probably me, but not a major issue. Devitt only played two seasons in the league, totaling 13 career sacks.

S24 - Mai Fukushu - Running Back - Baltimore Hawks - Bronze Tier
The first season 24 card I pull. I actually played with Fukushu on the Pythons for a season, and we both got called up to the ISFL for season 24, which sucked for Portland because they lost three running backs in one season. And looking at the index, I have fewer rusing touchdowns than them. Fun. You know what else is fun? This fact: Fukushu is a type of kumquat.

S18 - Stuart Little IV - Cornerback - Philadelphia Liberty - Bronze Tier
Three cards into this pack, and three of them ar bronzes. I knew at least one or two of my packs would end up being like this, but I didn't think it would happen this soon. At least they aren't too bad, I could've pulled worse cards, like some random s3 guy nobody's ever heard of. To be fair I haven't heard of 80% of the people I've pulled and that trend is sure to continue. Not much to talk about here, so onto the next card:

S1 - Devin Speed - Safety - New Orleans Second Line - Bronze Tier
Four bronzes in a row now, ree. This is one of those random season one players I was talking about earlier that nobody knows. Seriously, who even is this guy? He literally joined the league, did one activity check, an "upvote challenge", and one training, then he disappeared. If he would've created any season other than the first one, he wouldn't even have a dotts card.

S22 - Patrick Money - Defensive Tackle - Yellowknife Wraiths - Gold Tier
I'm just glad at this point that This wasn't an all-bronze pack this early. One interesting thing - his name is actually spelled Patrik, not Patrick. Not changing the spelling though because too bad. Made it kind of difficlt trying to find any info about him. He's the second highest earning defensive tackle in his class, TPE wise at least, though there is also a defensive end ahead of him. This season, Money is underperforming a little bit, with only 31 tackles and three sacks.

S1 - Mike McNoodle - Safety - Colorado Yeti - Bronze Tier
And, of course, to finish out this already bad pack, another nobody season one bronze. I do like this one's name at least. McNoodle has a very similar story to Devin Speed (the guy two cards ago, if you don't remember) (it's ok if you don't he's forgettable), in that he earned some TPE, 31 to be exact, then fell off the face of the earth. Hopefully I can have a little better luck with the next pack.

Pack 3: Pack Strikes Back

S21 - Atlas Quin - Cornerback - Arizona Outlaws - Silver Tier
I know I was his teammate for a season, but honestly I don't recognize his name. I'm not great with username to player name transitions. A quick look at the index reveals it is pieanator. Still don't know who that is. Now I feel bad. He did pretty good last season too, the season I was with him. I think the reason I don't know him is that he wasn't very active. Right now he hasn't done an activity check since AC170, which is worse than how I'm updating.

Dougie Smalls - Yellowknife Wraiths - Kicker of The Year - S23 Award Winner Tier
POG. I'm only in the third pack out of four and I've finally pulled my first awards card. Dougie Smalls, kicker of the year for season 23. Definitely the best card of the pack so far. I love it how so many special cards are from the Yellowknife Wraiths, since they had a good team with some awards winners and each of them has an Ultimus winner card. Hopefully I can continue to have good luck with the pulls, unlike what I have with the sim, and maybe even a hall of fame card. Those are really rare. The chance you get one in any random pack is 0.76%, and that sheet doesn't include rookie signature cards or captain cards, so it's actually even lower. I'm really just hoping though, the chances I get one in this media are pretty much zero.

S1 - J.J. Reigns - Defensive Tackle - Colorado Yeti - Bronze Tier
Of course right after the pull of the day so far, I get the worst kind of card. Season one, inactive, nobody knows him. User's name is Shaka, aaaaand he never even got updated once, just made the player page and did absolutely nothing. Would never play a game in the ISFL today if he created today. Also, Reigns played most of his games for the Orange County Otters, not for the Yeti.

S22 - Ben Slothlisberger - Quarterback - New Orleans Second Line - Gold Tier
Next up, the current quarterback for NOLA. The biggest thing I remember about him is that everyone had him going in the first round, 12th overall to NOLA, but they instead took Andrew Witten there and got Ben 17th. This season Slothlisberger is kind of on the lower end of quarterbacks, but his team is still just outside of the playoffs, with a definite shot of getting in. In the next few seasons before he starts regressing he'll carry the team, since Toriki and Gump are getting kind of old now.

S22 - Cadillac Harris - Cornerback - San Jose Sabercats - Silver Tier
Harris was going pretty strong for a while, but he fizzled out sometime around July. He is still getting stats this season, but I don't really see him continuing on past season 26, if he isn't replaced before then by a younger, hungrier up-and-coming young player. As for the pull, I'll give it a "meh". Not really excited about it, not an interesting card, but it definitely could've been worse.

S18 - Samuel Bakhtiari - Offensive Lineman - Sarasota Sailfish - Bronze Tier
Ending the third pack with another bronze. I'm gonna take this time to say that I've been pretty happy so far with the number of bronzes I'm getting. Eight out of sixteen so far, fifty percent, and the chance that any card is bronze is...... 45%. Well I guess I'm getting more bronzes than the average person would be getting, but I feel like this is less bronzes than I usually get so I'll take it.

4 Packs of the Apackolypse:

S15 - Apollo Reed - Running Back - Baltimore Hawks - Gold Tier
Running back gang gang. And, starting off pack four with *not a bronze*. I don't remember much about Reed, except I know that one season he was finnessing fantasy points from Darrell Williams, and then when I dropped Williams for him, he started doing the big suc. Unfortunately this guy isn't going to have any better cards, since he's retired now. On to the next card.

Deshun Jones - Linebacker - Orange County Otters - Captain Tier
Back to back packs with special cards? This is the best luck I've had in the history of dotts. This is also the first captain card I've pulled, one of the new series dotts introduced recently. Even though Jones is the defensive captain for the Otters, he isn't even the best Jones in terms of stats in the index. Swantavius Jones has more tackles, tackles for loss, and interceptions than Deshun. Hopefully he can do better in the last 4 games of the season.

S23 - Benoit Blanco - Safety - Arizona Outlaws - Bronze Tier
Benoit Blanco is a name I recognize from Arizona, and I'm always excited when I recognize the players I pull. I also recognize him from my own team, because he's on Berlin too. He got traded, along with Adam Schell and Arizona's season 25 6th rounder for Berlin's season 25 2nd and 4th round picks. I did a pretty big media with him in my rookie season too, a pretty long one about all of the season 23 rookies. He hasn't been very active recently, I should do something to get him back.

S21 - Gregor Macgregor - Safety - Austin Copperheads - Silver Tier
Well, I won't say no to this card. First of all, it isn't a bronze, and, even better, this player was my GM in Portland, Kanako. Unfortunately, she wasn't the most active of all time, and she'd admit to that. Currently, MacGregor is earning at a snail's pace, only doing activity checks, but that's better than nothing. Because of this, MacGregor isn't having the best season, only 52 tackles, two forced fumbles, five sacks, and a pick. ut this card still holds sentimental value to me, even if I already had 2 of them.

S22 - Nuniq Annastesia - Defensive Tackle - Baltimore Hawks - Bronze Tier
What a name. Too bad this is just another bronze card. Hasn't posted on the forum in like 6 days either, so might never end up getting a silver card either. Also, he only has 40 tackles and five sacks so far, not really great numbers for a defensive tackle, maybe for a bronze but definitely not compared to the rest of the league.

S23 - Griffin Porter - Linebacker - Austin Copperheads - Silver Tier
And rounding up pack four, Griffin Porter, from my season, Griffin Porter. As of right now, he has 664 TPE, which is... exactly the same amount that I have. What a coincidence. Griffin Porter is having a little bit better of a season than me. He is third in the league for tackles, three tackles for loss, two fumble recoveries, two sacks, a pick, and five pass deflections, while I'm supposedly an RB1 who has less yards than the RB2.

So that's all the cards for today, here's a breakdown of what was pulled:

Bronze - 10 cards (41.67%)
Silver - 6 cards (25%)
Gold - 5 cards (20.83%)
Red - 1 card (4.17%)
Blue - 0 cards (F%)
Special Series - 2 (8.33%)

If you liked this media then yay. If you didn't like it, too bad I need money. Leave your favorite pull in the comments If you actually read.

RE: *Joefish Dotts opening - 124715 - 11-10-2020

lol jj reigns was the first overall pick in s1

RE: *Joefish Dotts opening - Vorshayla - 11-12-2020

So.. I'd hate to break it to you, but s21 PickSix will only be gold.. since he's retired..

PickSix II tho.. well.. no clue yet

As for the name, HeHateMe always left an impression on me in the XFL

And since I made a CB.. PickSix just seemed to fit.

But thank you, I also got a shoutout from the creators of our sim engine for that name too on twitter lol

RE: *Joefish Dotts opening - ReverendOReily - 11-12-2020

Smh did you just write media saying Dotts is too affordable now

You’re that kid who reminds the teacher to collect the homework aren’t you