International Simulation Football League
(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars (/showthread.php?tid=2734)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - Admin - 07-28-2017

This PT will run for the weekend only.

S2 is about to start and there will be some new house sometime names made as the season unfolds. Who are tomorrow's superstars?

Your Task:
Written: Write a hype article about who the next big superstar in the NSFL is. Must be at least 200 words

Or

Grafx: Create a signature for a player you think is going to break out in S2.

Gain
2 TPE for completing the task in full

Deadline: Sunday night, 11:59PM PST

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - Admin - 07-28-2017

Alex Hansen @acki

I'm telling you now, Alex Hansen is in for a big year in S2. The Yellowknife Wraiths safety has been a quiet contributor for the team and although he isn't very vocal he has no shortage of talent. Word out of practice is that he has been spending time at both safety and corner and has been frequently shutting down newly acquired wide receiver Damien West. Chris Orosz has been seen shaking his head multiple times after plays when Alex Hansen has downright stolen a ball from his receivers for an interception. I don't think receivers are used to the player covering them being so big and strong while still being as fast and agile as they are. The versatility that Hansen brings to the team should be a big time weapon for the Yellowknife Wraiths defense in season 2 and a headache for opposing QBs to try and deal with. They are going to have to ensure they identify where Hansen is playing on every snap or else he could come out of nowhere and make a big play that could change the game. I'm excited to see Hansen in the regular season when he can finally show everyone what the rest of the Yellowknife Wraiths have already begun to see.

212 words

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - ElMachoNacho - 07-29-2017

After a full preseason and training camp with the guy, I wholeheartedly believe that @TheRealBK , Christian Adams has the potential to be a franchise player in this league. He has the arm, the athleticism, but more importantly, he has the work ethic to become a star. Adams has done nothing but improve, even when he's not penciled in as the immediate starter. He's grinding away, watching film, getting stronger, becoming smarter, all aspects of a successful QB. Whenever he plays, he has the aura around him, a steely resolve and cool paired with an almost cocky bravado, a true gunslinger. Adams will live and die by his own sword, and that's what I think will set him apart. In the limited time I've shared with him on the field, I've seen a superstar in the making. A ticking timebomb of talent just waiting to explode onto the scene and show the NSFL what he's capable of. Pair that gunslinger nature with the work ethic he's already shown, I'm excited to see this guy become "the guy" in San Jose. And I especially look forward to taking handoffs from him, and dancing in the endzone.

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - sapp2013 - 07-29-2017

A week after the draft I spent time with my in-laws during one of my nephew's birthday parties. HE has always been a fan of football and recently got into the NSFL. His favorite team has been the outlaws mainly because of the "coolness" of their defense and how they have so much "swag" and shut down the other team's offense. His words, not mine. He and his other 8-year old friends have been all over this past draft and I was ready to see him with a Luke Leuchly jersey on his big day, but when I showed up, I was surprised to see a different color, one of gunmetal and powder blue. Oh, it must be Garden. He always wanted a jersey from each of the big players, but I looked closer and saw a different number, number 17. I had to even look at the back of the jersey to figure out who this was. Darren Smallwood. WHO?!?! drafted 53rd overall, directly behind Damien Kroetch and Matthew Vincent, we were not expecting much out of this rookie so early, but so far in preseason, he has absolutely lit up defenses. 4 touchdowns and 195 yards in four showings sets him up to be a very nice compliment to Garden's style of play. compared to the other two Wide outs selected in that trio, Kroetch with 40 yards in 3 games and Vincent with 217 yards in four, Smallwood has really been a standout in a grouping that will probably be compared for the rest of their careers, similar to Manning, Roethlisberger, and Rivers of the NFL. We shall see how the season turns out, but everybody should be keeping their eye on this prize pick.

(289 words) - @tlk742

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - ErMurazor - 07-29-2017

At the start of the offseason few people would have expected the Arizona Outlaws to draft another linebacker for their defense. However, when the season 2 draft rolled around the Outlaws called a name few people had on their radars. Luke Luechly was grabbed in the mid rounds and plugged into a starting role immediately. He doesn’t look the part but Luke seems to have a strong head on his shoulders that translates well onto the field.

Luke’s performances thus far have been driven by his own desire to succeed but also to compete and keep up with two of the top line backers in the league, Jaylon Lee and Hariff Ernston. Luke Luechly is fortunate to have two mentors at his position on one of the league’s top defenses. Despite the crowded front 7, Luke has shown his value to the team being an absolute menace in the preseason and his first games in an Outlaws jersey. Luechly’s first game was a bit slow and he only managed to rack up two tackles, in game two he recorded 10 tackles and a pass defended, in game 3 Luke recorded 7 sacks, 1 tackle for loss, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, and one interception, in game 4 Luechly recorded 4 tackles, 1 sack, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, and 1 pass defended. If Luke can carry his momentum into the regular season a lot of Outlaws are going to be talking about him throughout the season.

@`YoloSwag420`

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - Daybe - 07-29-2017

Kevin Cushing is ready to be the next great linebacker in the NSFL. He's extremely active and has all the tools for success. He writes lots of articles and does pretty much every point task available. He's shown up well so far in the preseason, with 4 tackles in week 1, 6 in week 2, 9 in week 3 and 8 in week 4, putting him at an average of 6.8 tackles a game, which would average out to 95 tackles in a full regular season, which would be one of the league's best numbers. He also has amassed over 150 TPE in only a short amount of time, which is impressive and tells us about his work ethic and willingness to participate in this league. The 13th overall pick in the season 2 draft had it's doubts (about himself even) as he went so far as writing an article about his weaknesses just to earn some more cash while risking getting drafted lower. Stupid or smart? Who knows? What we know is that he's just going to get better and better, and for him, the sky is the limit. His archetype build is similar to Tampa Bay Buccaneers legend Derrick Brooks. Hopefully he gets there.

@kckolbe

YKW :lift:

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - Saliva^ - 07-29-2017

I belive there are a lots of future studs, but for now I'll be takling about a talent from the Sabercats' team, because I'm playing there. We have loads of talents here in San Jose, like Vincent Sharpei, Jordan Yates or Chidubem Okonkwo, but we also have some underrated youngsters due to their late declaration to the draft. Like the running back from USC college, Denzel Diaz. The Texas native isn't a big guy, but you can see that he can work with his body very well - he's pretty agile and the oponents are having a tough time to knock him out of his feet. To be exact, it's pretty much impossible. His fiery attitude makes him like a little angry bull - good luck to outplay and knock off this guy. Also, his work ethic deserves a recognition as well. Despite his quickness and strength, he never was a speedy player...until he started to work in the big team. Now he can outduel majority of other S2 players which can't be done with talent only. And it won't be a long time before he will tak his speed on an elite level, because he's indeed a hard worker. Moreso, he's already better than some S1 players - he's on right side of the tracks.

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - kckolbe - 07-29-2017

The winters in Yellowknife are famously cold in the NSFL. The only thing colder is the players. One player, strong safety Marcus Kane, is showing that he may be one of the least likeable players in the league. That’s fine. He doesn’t care whether or not you like him. He just wants to drive you into the ground. And if you are a player on offense, he probably will.

Kane made headlines during training camp when he released his “hit list,” consisting of 7 players he wanted to take out. The announcement generated a variety of reactions. Some questioned his character for wanting to hurt his fellow players. Others questioned the ability of the fourth round pick to carry it out. In the first week of preseason, however, detractors in that second category were forced to recalculate his chances of completing the list when Kane came through on a blitz and slammed quarterback Logan Noble to the ground early in the third quarter on a 2nd and 10. It would be difficult to not admit that the hit jarred the capable QB, as the Yeti offense would fail to earn a single first down for four straight possessions, or manage another point scored, going on to lose 35-13.

The play might have been considered a fluke were it not for another big play in the final week of preseason. Having finally regained the lead against Baltimore in the 4th quarter, the Wraiths defense needed to stop Baltimore from scoring again, and Marcus Kane stepped up to the plate. With under 5 minutes left in the game, #1 hit list target Scrub Kyubee dropped back to pass and, as he checked Matthew Vincent’s route on the right side, got slammed by Kane from the left. Again, as with Noble, Kyubee played with fear after that, his next two plays being a quick incompletion on 2nd down and and a 1 yard dump off on 3rd and 17, despite the fact that Baltimore needed to score to get back in the game. The Hawks punted, getting the ball back only one more time. They needed 97 yards in under 3 minutes, yet the rattled Baltimore QB wasn’t called on to pass the ball one time after that possession despite the Hawks running 6 plays before turning the ball over on downs. He was too afraid of Marcus Kane.

He was right to be.

@Dangles13 @Noble @DollarAndADream

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - PlotzkeA - 07-29-2017

James Wright is the next great linebacker in this league, no doubt in my mind. The guy has shown to be a true stud in the preseason. With 29 tackles, 2 tackle for losses, 4 sacks, 3 passes defended, 1 forced fumble and 1 Interception that was returned for a TD, this guy has the makings of being a stud. The biggest thing that separates Wright from the rest of the pack today is his intelligence. The guy is all over the field making plays and getting into the right position. His ability to stuff running lanes and get into passing lanes to break up passes, or pick it off is second to none. He also understands what is takes to win football games, that its the team, not just individual stats or accolades. Even if he doesn’t make the tackle or isn't fast enough to get to his spot, he always redirects the ballcarrier back to the middle of the field, where his teammates are so they can make the play. Wright is going to be a force in this league as he has shown he can do multiple things very well, not many strong side linebackers have recorded 4 sacks in 4 games, hell even most defensive ends haven't put up those numbers yet. Wright is versatile on defense, smart and loves the game of football, and thats what it takes to become a great player in this league.

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 07-29-2017

One of the next breakout stars in the league is a guy that everyone has heard of but maybe not everyone thinks will be making a big splash. WR Fox North was certainly the best receiver in this draft class, but in a league full of good receivers was his first round draft selection actually justified? I'll be the first to tell you that it is. First off Fox is a hard worker, like really hard worker. I don't think this guy sleeps. He's always working out or watching film, he knows what it takes to be successful. On the field he can beat you in so many ways. In the last preseason game he got over 100 yards in just the first half. And it wasn't all just deep bombs, he works undereath and on screens too, he's extremely versatile and flexible. But the biggest reason you know he's a superstar in the making is that name. Look at the second WR drafted, Dustin Evans. Who ever heard of a great football player named Dustin? Now, Fox North, that's a real football name. And think of other people that share that name: Jamie Foxx, Redd Foxx, Star Fox aka Fox McCloud. It's a name associated with greatness! It's no wonder the Liberty have entrusted him with the future of their franchise.

@Silver Fox

(222 words)