International Simulation Football League
*Mithrandir NOLA GM Press Conference - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Mithrandir NOLA GM Press Conference (/showthread.php?tid=27440)

*Mithrandir NOLA GM Press Conference - mithrandir - 11-16-2020

Hello! I noticed in Dogwood Maple's Confidential article that it seems many league members have a negative view of the New Orleans Second Line franchise. As the new general manager, I would love to address any concerns that you have about the team. Ask me anything related to the goals, locker room, or public appearance of the team and I will do my best to answer.

RE: Mithrandir NOLA GM Press Conference - TeyonSchavari - 11-16-2020

I've never been in the NOLA locker room, but I know plenty of their users who are always chill and respectful to me. Some of my favorite people are on NOLA. I think the only reason they get a bad rap is because people that don't interact with their team members continue to perpetuate it to the masses.

I also just realized this was in pressers and not in discussion lol, so I'll ask, how do you feel about your chances this coming season and how do you plan on building towards future seasons after some of your key pieces are lost to regression?

RE: Mithrandir NOLA GM Press Conference - CalvinGolladay - 11-16-2020

Why didn't you guys draft or trade for Tonzy?

RE: Mithrandir NOLA GM Press Conference - Opera_Phantom - 11-16-2020

Where does NOLA go from here? Some players entering regression, what's their/your plan?

How hard was it for the LR missing out on the playoffs, after a bunch of consecutive seasons going into the post season, even winning a Ultimus?

RE: Mithrandir NOLA GM Press Conference - slothfacekilla - 11-16-2020

How much blame do you think is on me for the confidential confessions?

Why do you think people like open locker rooms so much?

RE: Mithrandir NOLA GM Press Conference - mithrandir - 11-16-2020

(11-16-2020, 02:54 PM)CalvinGolladay Wrote: Why didn't you guys draft or trade for Tonzy?

Easy answer. I wasn't in the war room yet.

(11-16-2020, 02:56 PM)Opera_Phantom Wrote: Where does NOLA go from here? Some players entering regression, what's their/your plan?

How hard was it for the LR missing out on the playoffs, after a bunch of consecutive seasons going into the post season, even winning a Ultimus?

While it is true that we have many players entering regression, a lot of them reached 1200+ TPE, which means they can stick around for awhile. Thankfully, this gives us plenty of time to draft replacements for these franchise legends. We're especially pleased to add CB Dorothy Zbornak to our roster through free agency, continuing our history of dominant secondary play. I demonstrated in the DSFL a history of great drafting, and I believe that a solid draft or two will put us in great position to compete during the prime of Slothlisberger's career.

Concerning missing the playoffs after six consecutive appearances and an Ultimus, it was a big shock to the team, since we thought we were going to be in playoff contention last season. To me, it was a wake up call that we are entering somewhat of a rebuilding process, though not a drastic rebuild. Perhaps a reloading process.

(11-16-2020, 03:00 PM)slothfacekilla Wrote: How much blame do you think is on me for the confidential confessions?

Why do you think people like open locker rooms so much?
No one blames you for corruption or clique-ishness! And you aren't HO so people don't hate you. I have been in a few open locker rooms and I honestly do not see the appeal. If you want to talk with random rude strangers go hang out in gen chat.

RE: Mithrandir NOLA GM Press Conference - siddhus - 11-16-2020

Smh ur supposed to answer in first post, but either way, why do u think people think Nola rn Honolulu are alike

RE: Mithrandir NOLA GM Press Conference - zaynzk - 11-16-2020

Do you believe your approach of less scouting led to players disliking your team? NOLA and Philly were two of the only teams that seemingly did not scout a significant number of high ranking prospects in S25 and both got targeted a lot in an anonymous survey

RE: Mithrandir NOLA GM Press Conference - Kyle - 11-16-2020

(11-16-2020, 02:54 PM)CalvinGolladay Wrote: Why didn't you guys draft or trade for Tonzy?

RE: Mithrandir NOLA GM Press Conference - mithrandir - 11-30-2020

(11-16-2020, 03:34 PM)siddhus Wrote: Smh ur supposed to answer in first post, but either way, why do u think people think Nola rn Honolulu are alike
I have no idea! That idea is hilarious to me!

(11-16-2020, 04:34 PM)zaynzk Wrote: Do you believe your approach of less scouting led to players disliking your team? NOLA and Philly were two of the only teams that seemingly did not scout a significant number of high ranking prospects in S25 and both got targeted a lot in an anonymous survey
I think this is entirely possible. We have not scouted as thoroughly as we would have liked in the last couple seasons due to a variety of factors, but hopefully that will change going forward for both NOLA and Philly.