International Simulation Football League
*Today Better than Tomarrow - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Today Better than Tomarrow (/showthread.php?tid=27456)

*Today Better than Tomarrow - Sermokala - 11-16-2020

Yes I'm posting this in media because I do need the money but this feels league related and for Reference for people coming back to the post after a while the email is ISFL.Aleandro.Chainbreaker@gmail.com

I've titled this post "today better than tomorrow" because I've been pushing this off for a while and its really hit a time where I need to decide if I want to stay around in the league or just go away and try to find something else. Compounded by the fact that the draft is coming up and the only team thats contacted me in free agency is one team Gm'ed by a friend who offered me a one year deal that I'd stay down in the DSFL to get paid in any way. I've had to confront a lot of things both with my player and with myself in the past couple of months and the only answer that I've ever been able to come up with is that I'm unhappy and confused about what to do to make anything better right now. I don't think anyone is interested in a presser of "I'm not good at being a person and I make a lot of mistakes AMA" and I don't think that a lot of people are interested in my story or why I did any of the mistakes I made. I want everyone to know if nothing else that I hate doing this and I'm sorry to everyone that I've wronged or let down. There is a very certain person I deeply wish to fix things with but a public apology creates an obligation to forgive the person making the apology and the only certainty I have at this point is that I don't deserve forgiveness or that I deserve the punishment and embarrassments that I received from what I did. Nothing can justify or excuse what I did and the only thing that I can do is recognize my mistakes accept the faults that caused them and try to find some way to move on.  This post is titled "today better than tomorrow" because it's better to start things today than to put them off until tomorrow.

We live in an age of a lack of conclusion. This millennium started with a great harolding of a disaster that would break every electronic device in the world sending civilization back into going through the 1900's instead of going into the 2000's. We all woke up the next day and nothing happened. We know when things got worse, we don't really know when things got better. Fighting in the age of loneliness is a good youtube documentary series that explains a lot of the things millennials went through and formed them. Its also about MMA mostly but its got a great way of telling history through the context of the rise of the newest popular sport thing. There is no great moment that decides your fate, life is about weeks to months to years of our thoughts and our emotions either controlling us or informing us about ourselves. I'm not going to share anything from that email and I suggest you make a throwaway email too if you don't want me to know who you are. I saw dogwoods media piece and it seemed to expose a few things that people didn't want to just come out and say. I suspect that same fear by the majority of the league to say their opinions is why Gen chat is considered such a pit these days.

I saw that scorp said that my media sucks and that he would invite me onto like a team of "bad media people"  I don't know the exact quote but its something like that. It made me feel pretty bad to be called out for something I thought was at least mediocre. It made me go back through all my media peices I've written here and in PBE and made me question if I really was a bad media person and I came to a realization. I don't really care, I had fun doing all of them and enjoyed making them. If no one else enjoyed them, and I genuinely don't know if anyone read the narrative ones or even that big redraft one that I put a lot of time into, I enjoyed them so thank you scorp for letting em go back through all of them again. I'm going to be making more of them and if you want to form a sort of "bad media avengers" I'm more than happy to be the hawkeye of the group. Hawkeye had a real purpose and his superpower is super legitimate, maybe you can teach me to wield a media sword type thing. I have a few fun ideas for that but I'm clearly not a big 3 kind of person or a nick fury guy. But if you need a guy with a bow and arrow to fight a robot army I'm your guy. I'll be your rich evans and we can make a lot of media that no one reads.

But yeah I'm going to be back. I don't think any team needs a 400 TPE ish LB and I want to be an LB so I'm going to pursue a strategy of "extended free agency" where no team in the ISFL wants to sign me so I'll just stay with the ducks and collect the DSFL wage and if teams need an LB for next year they can consider me over the next season. I've had thoughts about the sim, the squad building situation in the league, and some graphics that I want to make. I want to make podcasts about the first two while we're still on the current sim and the last is something I've never had time or motivation to really get into. On top of that I'm going to make another narrative media piece and then some media on learning all of the other stuff, thats what we in the business call "synergy".

So in conclusion ISFL.Alejandro.Chainbreaker@gmail.com send youtube recommendations memes things you don't like about me things you do like about me if you want to have obscure football tactics discussion about the reason why a mexican manager killed the tiki taka. I just like Linebackers in football and think that they're probably overvalued in my head instead of in reality.

Thanks to everyone who read up to this point stay safe out there wear a mask and wash your hands.

RE: Today Better than Tomarrow - thevoicelesscreator - 11-17-2020

Love ya buddy - happy to hear that youre pushing on

RE: Today Better than Tomarrow - Jangorhino - 11-17-2020

Sermo, you’re going great buddy! You’ll always have a friend in me.

RE: Today Better than Tomarrow - ScorpXCracker - 11-17-2020

sermo i was talking about the media where you copy and pasted zip codes way back when

RE: Today Better than Tomarrow - Duilio05 - 11-17-2020

(11-17-2020, 11:06 AM)ScorpXCracker Wrote: sermo i was talking about the media where you copy and pasted zip codes way back when

Haha we learned that Baltimore has 60 zip codes. Ahh some good times in Baltimore LR.