International Simulation Football League
*Talking About The S26 DSFL Draft! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Talking About The S26 DSFL Draft! (/showthread.php?tid=27503)

*Talking About The S26 DSFL Draft! - treant - 11-18-2020

In order to make the most of the media bonus that the league is paying out for articles written about the draft I decided that I would try and make the most out of it by making the thoughts that I have been having about the draft lately public! I don’t think there will be too much structure to this article but I wanted to use this chance to make all of my thoughts public as they came into my head. Thank you for reading this and I hope that you find it interesting to think about!

The time that has gone by since I joined the league has already been spent mostly thinking about the way that the DSFL draft will be playing out when it takes place. Being a young prospect hoping to make a good impression on the scouts and the team representatives that I have spoken to every conversation has made me a little bit more excited about getting to hear my name called out by a team on the big day. I have spent a lot of time thinking about what it is that I can do to impress more of the teams who are going to be making picks on draft day, and writing media for me is the most obvious way that I can get my name out there! So far this season I have already written several articles that I hope have been able to make GMs aware of who it is I am and make some scouts think a little bit about what it is that I can do! The draft process is something that I am familiar with as I have been a member of the SHL for a long time and have been drafted there many times! I know what it is that I should expect but I was not as sure about what it would be that I would be asked here because even though the leagues are similar there are a lot of big differences too! 

Something that I have picked up on a lot that is not something that I have been asked in the SHL is the question about changing the position that my player plays. I think that this is because there are so many different positions in football that there are not in hockey. It would not be a surprise to me if a lot of the people who joined the league created players who were playing in the most exciting positions that took a lot of the attention and less people wanted to play some of the positions that people thought were not so exciting. This means to me that it would be very understandable that teams would want to know if the players that are available are happy to change their position to one that the team doesn’t already have and would be able to fill more of a need! Because I have been asked this question by most of the teams that I have had a scouting conversation with I have spent some time thinking about the question and what my answer to it will be. When I created my player I spent a long time deciding on what position it was that I would like to play. I made the choice to create a tight end because I thought that it was a position that would be exciting to play because there is the chance to catch passes and score touchdowns but it would also be a position that could help the team that I was on because my player can become great at blocking and helping the whole team play better! I made the decision that I would not want to position change in the DSFL for this reason. I want to have enough time to think about any position change that I might make and so it is not something that I will be considering for the time being. I think that this is a decision that might mean I am drafted later than I otherwise would be but I am someone who values honesty and I wanted to make everyone aware of this fact before the draft so that they can consider it in the decisions that they make!

The chance to play in the DSFL is something that I find very exciting and I can’t wait to see where it is that I am drafted. I had a lot of fun when I was able to join the Portland Pythons for the last 4 games of their season and even though I did not play much of a role on the team it was a lot of fun to be able to spend time with them as a teammate and learn about what it is I can expect when I am drafted to a team in the league! If I was given the chance to join the Pythons once again after the draft I would be very excited! I enjoyed the time that I spent with the team a lot and I still like to check in with their locker room when I get a chance. But this is not to say that I would not be equally thrilled if I was given the chance to join another team in the league. Because I have had the chance to talk to so many of the teams in the league with their scouts making an effort to speak to me I have been able to conclude that every team in the league looks like it is run with a lot of care and attention! I have already had the chance to join multiple locker rooms for teams in the DSFL and they all are very active with lots of conversation and have a lot of people who are very welcoming and happy to give advice to new players who are not even on their team yet. I would be more than happy to get the chance to join every single one of the teams that I have spoken to already and I hope that they are all able to think about my player as the kind of player that could help their team achieve their goals! 

Something else that has been a lot of fun for me as a new member in the league has been getting the chance to join the league’s rookie Discord server! The people who run the server are all incredibly helpful, patient and welcoming and have been very valuable at answering all the queries that I have had so far and I must be very grateful to them for being so happy to do this! They have made the process of going to the draft a lot more fun and easy than it could have been and I think that for the people who have not been in any sim leagues at all before they must be the most helpful people imaginable!

I am very excited for the draft to take place and even though there is still a little bit more time that I will have to wait to find out where it is I’m going to be heading to I can’t wait to get the chance to prove my worth and show the team that drafted me that they have made the right decision! The last question that I have consistently been asked by scouts is what the goals for my player are. I have thought a lot about this too and the main goal for me is to have fun! I want to spend the time that I invest in the league in a locker room with people who are friendly and I want to be a part of a good team environment. I want to be a part of a team that wins a Championship too. I think that winning together is a great feeling and after having this experience in the SHL it would be so exciting to be able to share it with another team in another league! I am always willing to put my personal success behind the success of the group that I am playing with, but I am also planning to give James the best career that I possibly can. This means that I will be earning all of the TPE that is available to me and consistently earning money to allow me to do this for a long time! 

Being the best player that I can be will help the team that I am playing with more than anything else than I can do so my plan is to not stop working hard and make sure that I am always improving! I hope that this might have answered any questions that people have had about me or my player! I have enjoyed talking to people about the draft a lot and I can’t wait for the big day to arrive and it will be a lot of fun to see the way that things will work out!

Total word count: 1,509 words!