International Simulation Football League
*My career so far and why I’m thankful. - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *My career so far and why I’m thankful. (/showthread.php?tid=27589)

*My career so far and why I’m thankful. - ThunderTitan82 - 11-19-2020

First things first, I am thankful to the Grey Ducks. They were the only team that even scouted me when I joined the league, maybe that is because they had the waiver priority, maybe nobody else wanted me, who knows. What I do know is that they grabbed me on waivers and I caught my name at the end of the draft stream for the 24th DSFL seasons draft. So I will be eternally grateful to Minnesota for being my first team, and who knows, maybe my DSFL career wouldn’t have been so good if I’d gone to another team, maybe it would have been better? My first season was....average...at best. I finished the year with 46 tackles, a single forced fumble, and a sack with 3 PDs. Not exactly eye popping, but hey, I was new and behind in TPE from the rest of my class. So I guess I didn’t do bad, but after a while I got a bit discouraged, maybe this isn’t what I thought it would be? If I’m not going to play good what’s the point? But the Grey Ducks leadership never gave up on me, and I could never leave the league anyways. I’m having too much damn fun. When I was discouraged about my on field play I was reminded by CC or Jamar that it wasn’t actually that bad, I was playing fine and I would play better. Part of me didn’t believe them. But they were right after all. That first season off the field I made a lot of great friends. Crodyman aka Gleel and myself have become good friends in the LR and co captains to boot. We call ourselves the Gruesome Twoesome and if you always sunny you know that’s not meant to be dirty...or is it? Either way we quickly became essential in the LR and to top it all of we were drafted by the Chicago Butchers in the same round. What are the odds? I’m incredibly grateful to the Butchers for drafting me, I’m sure I won’t disappoint, not as much as CC disappoints them anyways lmao. Just kidding. I’m really looking forward to hitting the field for the Butchers and seeing how I do in the big leagues. It’s a bit nerve racking, my rookie DSFL season was underwhelming, I’m hoping my ISFL rookie season is filled with better play. Judging by the most recent season DSFL I will play just fine. But then again, too different leagues and so don’t think high play in one means high play in the other but we’ll see. 

My second DSFL season started by being named Co-Captain of the ducks with Gleel, the gruesome twosome strikes again. Preseason got me excited even though it doesn’t matter at all in any way, did have 3 picks though so maybe it was a bit of foreshadowing. Our season started off really well, we were looking like one of the teams to beat going forward and then the wraiths ruined it for us but they didn’t mean to I guess. With Jameson vermillion being called up, it kick started a 4 game losing streak and showed the importance of Running back by committee, or hell, even just having two on the roster. Rotchburns did put the team on his back and carry us through those games but his efficiency left some to be desired since the sim hates when you have one running back. We managed to bounce back when the gms brought RB Xander creed in off waivers. He didn’t get much in terms of carries, but his efficiency was solid and it was enough to give rotchburns a rest and saved his ypc. By the end of the season I led the league in interceptions with 5, and tied the lead with 3 forced fumbles and 2 fumble recoveries, and a blocked punt which turns out is a pretty big deal, so overall I led in forced turnovers. That was enough to propel me to the Safety of the Year award which I am INCREDIBLY grateful for. I think I could have gotten DPOTY also but there was a lot of talent on that ballot so I can’t complain. Just being on the ballot is enough for me to be proud and thankful. Just overall my second DSFL season has been more than I could have ever asked for. High play on the field, new friends, and an award to send me off. I am incredibly thankful for this league and all the friends I have made in it, it’s been a great ride so far and I can’t wait to see how I did by the end of my career. Stay Classy everyone and thank you!

RE: My career so far and why I’m thankful. - Crodyman - 11-20-2020

ily bruuther