International Simulation Football League
*5 Round DSFL Mega-Mock! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *5 Round DSFL Mega-Mock! (/showthread.php?tid=27650)

*5 Round DSFL Mega-Mock! - 124715 - 11-20-2020

Hello everyone, and welcome to the ultimate DSFL mock draft! For this draft, I and seven other members of the S27 draft class gathered together to create a detailed and in-depth mock draft. All of us picked one team to draft as, and that enabled us to go in depth with our team and really get to explore their roster and needs, gauging call-up risk and earning, and overall thinking like GMs.

Here are the members/mock GMs and their teams:
POR @124715
KCC @"CommishDrip"
BBB @TropicaliaCC
TIJ @sve7en
LON @treant
DAL @Menace0528 referred throughout as "potato" due to his discord username
MIN @Bandit239
NOR @excelsior

Note: All TPE data referenced in the article were gathered from update pages on November 17th, prior to the start of the new league year, and thus do not include equipment or training camp TPE.

The first step of our project was a quick look into our teams’ rosters and an analysis of our team’s needs. Here’s what each mock GM wrote:

POR [GM: 124715]
Portland is in an uncertain situation entering the DSFL draft. With no obvious holes on their roster other than TE, a low-value position, but a roster that failed to land them in the playoffs, they will likely look to beef up their roster in whatever way they can. On offense, they will likely be unable to retain both the backfield megastars that propelled their offense last season in Darren Pama and Anders Christiansen, so they might take a late flier on a RB or dedicate a GM bot to the backfield. The TE position, as mentioned, is the most glaring need. Portland does not currently roster a TE, and they dedicated a GM bot to the position last season, but two fairly established receivers and a good quarterback round out the offense. The defense has more clear weaknesses, such as at cornerback, where Elijah Torres hasn't developed into the shutdown guy they'd imagined, or the defensive edge, where star DTs like Angelo Cirilli and Chuck Roth are flanked by Demon Jaxson and a carousel of linebackers and street free agents. The Pythons K/P situation could be improved as well, with the mediocre Johnathan Smith currently filling that role. What's more, I could easily see the Pythons losing Pama, Roth, LB Donald McBobby, and/or OL Marc Hamel to the big leagues, leaving the team to search for their replacements.

KCC [GM: Drip]
The Coyotes are in an interesting position in this year's DSFL draft. They have a top 3 pick, and it seems like their roster is probably going to have a lot of call ups. So the 'yotes are probably going to be drafting for activity as well as positions of need. Which frankly, they could use talent across the board, depending on what happens with call ups. It seems likely they will go offense in the first round, where they want to match not only the TPE but the potential that the defense has shown. Beyond the first round, all signs are pointing to best player available being their strategy, granted that they play a position of need. I fully expect the Coyotes to draft for s27, so a mixture of activity and personality will be key. Glims knows what he is doing, and I trust that they have a draft plan to get them closer to the playoffs next year.

BBB [GM: Tropicalia]
It is an exciting new year for this team. They are relocating the franchise from Myrtle Beach to Bondi Beach down under. They may have a new image, but they are hoping to keep the same success that they found a year ago in Myrtle Beach where they went 11-3 in the regular season. They had the most potent offense in the league to go along with an above average defense, but unfortunately they were knocked out of the playoffs by the eventual Ultimini Champion Tijuana Luchadores. The good news? I suspect only three or four call-ups from an already elite roster, so they should be even more talented than last year, especially with a good draft class. I am going to work under the assumption that the following players will be called up: Zach Crossley WR, Djibutee McJimerson TE, James Hoffman CB, Teddy Utterstruzen S. So let’s grade out the remaining roster position wise to create a hierarchy of needs.
QB: A+ RB: B WR: B TE: F (none) OL: C DE: C- DT: F (none) LB: A CB: C+ S: A-

TIJ [GM: sve7en]
Tijuana's 8 player deep season 25 class is at risk of being shredded by impending callups this offseason, where as two of the season 24 guys are all likely to stay down another year due to inactivity and just the QB Mike Boss Jr. is at risk of a callup. If Tijuana loses Boss, I expect Dallas or another team to take the one top QB in the class in Joliet Christ Jr. I'll be looking at a position swap or bot with the idea that a waiver QB might create. Outside of that need, the season 25 class for the Luchadores is full of defensive backs. Rich Triplet is over 400 TPE while NationalSimulation FootballLeague, Mason Gillion, and Ben Alexander-Arnold are all close behind. Some of these guys will likely make the jump this season and they'll need replacing. That class also has Adam Mellott on the line at 400 TPE, ready to make the jump to the big show. I'll want to look for a good earner on my first pick, a guy in the secondary in the second round, if the first round didn't give me that, and then focus on best player available while picking up at least one offensive weapon and one guy on the defensive side of the ball.

LON [GM: treant]
From what I am able to tell, the London Royals don’t have a lot of needs as a team. They have a roster that doesn’t have a lot of holes but any team can always use some more help so I hope that we can do what we’re able to do to help ensure the teams success in the future!

I think that the Royals could use a little more help than they have at the minute on their defense. They are using GM Bots at the linebacker position so I will be looking to add a quality linebacker in this draft. I have noticed too that their quarterback is nearing the end of his time in the DSFL so I will be hoping to help the team find his replacement out of the players that are available in this class! I think that these are the only needs that I think that the team has so I’m going to be drafting the players otherwise who I think are the best available. I hope I’ll be able to make the team proud and pick the right players!

DAL [GM: potato]
Dallas has some stars on their team, but chances are those stars get moved up to the ISFL. Because of this, it becomes a question of what to prioritize. Their star QB is getting called up. and most likely one of their safeties are getting called up, so those are the first positions to target. After that however, it becomes a question of what the team values position-wise. For example, does the team feel as though they need more a third CB, LB, or WR. Players with a lot of TPE are good, but they're likely to get called up either this year or the next, so how important is a good backup? And finally, how important are luxury positions like OL. Depending on what players get called up, Dallas will either be one of the best teams or one of the worst, and either way, they'll want to prepare for the future.

MIN [GM: Bandit]
The Grey Ducks are in a bit of a weird situation at the moment. Call ups could either leave them absolutely stacked, or with a bare bones roster of no TPE and a bunch of rookies or inactives. They for sure lost their two best players in RB Mike Rotchburns and FS Damian Blackfyre. Those two losses will sting, but if those are their only call ups they will be golden. That means the biggest need is in the RB position. With no active players this position needs to be filled urgently. The other top need is the DT position. Another spot with no active players which will need to be addressed, however with two active high earning DEs this is less of a priority than RB since the two DEs can still add some pressure. still should see a DT taken early by Minnesota. The next spot that I see more urgent need is safety. CB and LB might be high options but both positions have two active players on the roster, and it doesn't look like they will be called up. So with only 1 active Safety, and 2 active Corners, 2 active Linebackers Safety takes the priority for me. The next urgent spot is TE. The only active tight end on the ducks is being called up so there will be no active players for that position. This is an obvious concern, but this position I think isn't as important as the other three ahead of it so I'd take a TE 4th. After this the needs are less urgent and more depth. I would take a CB or LB 5th and 6th to add some depth on defense. OL is always a good position to grab if it's available so I would take an OL in a later round of this draft if any are available.

NOR [GM: excelsior]
The Norfolk Seawolves have a huge hole at defense, and while their offense may seem even worse, I think they already have some talent there to keep them afloat for a season. I'm more concerned about their defense, or should I say, lack of defense. They gave up the most points in the league by a considerable margin and they also scored the least. They have a developing runningback in Mr. Forty Two and a slowly growing QB in Emi Rune. She's not doing very well, so hopefully they can get her to develop some more. Norfolk had a full human secondary last season, even if 2 of them were under 60 TPE. Xmus Flaxon Jaxon-Waxon could get called up, but I still think they needed help at secondary. Getting a solid defensive back in this draft was going to be hard but necessary. We only have 2 defensive players outside of the secondary, and we definitely need more linebackers and defensive linemen. At this point, considering we can position switch some guys around, my immediate thoughts are just defense, defense, defense. The most glaring hole is linebacker, but DL is needed too. Offensive skill positions are almost handled, With a capped RB, a capped TE, and 2 near capped WRs. The QB's a bit weak, but I trust in Norfolk to develop their QB a bit more. DT, DE, LB. Those are probably the 3 biggest needs for this team.

Now, let’s get into the picks!

Pick 1.1 (1 OA): NOR [GM: excelsior] select:
S SparkySparky Boom-man (TPE: 82, User: FleshBagSoup)
excelsior's explanation:
Hi, Norfolk GM here. Our team really needs some help in the secondary and is partially the reason we have the first overall pick. With the first overall selection in the S26 DSFL Draft, the Norfolk Seawolves select SparkySparky Boom-man. There are 3 notable defensive back recreates, and I barely know anything about them. I have limited experience with all of them but kyle, but judging by what others seem to think, and the fact that Bagel is very active is a good sign. I believe Bagel was a waiver pickup for Norfolk, so the team is already familiar with him. This is a no-brainer pick. We're picking up a star player in the secondary to fill up an immediate hole.

Pick 1.2 (2 OA): DAL [GM: potato] select:
DE Bean Beanman (TPE: 85, User: SeymourSnatches)
potato's explanation:
DE is a not just a big need for Dallas, but also one of the most underrated positions in the league. DE's are the ones you depend on to both rush the passer and control the OL in case of an outside run. Based on this, Bean is the best first pick possible for DAL. Beanman has a good amount of TPE and would very much help the defense. While it is unknown what players will leave and what player will stay, it is known for a fact that there would be a bot as a DE without Bean. Bean as well is the best DE in the draft, and he will push the Dallas defense to a level they would never have been able to reach without him. Bean is a great combination of someone willing to put time into the league, willing to work hard to help his team, and someone who will be a big part of this league for years to come. Bean Beanman is a great first round pick, a great DE, a great teammate, and a player with a great name

Pick 1.3 (3 OA): KCC [GM: Drip] select:
WR Madison Hayes (TPE: 116, User: sve7en)
Drip's explanation:
KCC has a lot of key players getting called up this year, so going with the draft strategy of best available is not the worst strategy here. So far, sve7en has the most TPE earned, and it so happens that the coyotes have a need at wide receiver. Grabbing the best receiver in the class with the 3rd overall pick actually may be a bit of a fall for Hayes, given his locker room activity levels and the amount of TPE he has. Hayes also has a very good chance to be the OROTY, only really threatened by Joliet Christ Jr.I think they get an instant upgrade here, leaving Hayes as a no-brainer pick.

Pick 1.4 (4 OA): POR [GM: 124715] select:
TE James Wilkinson (TPE: 114, User: treant)
124715's explanation:
Portland gets an instant upgrade on their offense with this pick, as they get to replace (and repurpose) a GM bot with a top user and earner from this class. With Lebron James III entering his second year and the impending loss of one of their backfield weapons, Portland may need to investigate a more pass-heavy offense for this upcoming season. Since Wilkinson is one of the top earners in the class, he should be able to make an immediate impact, stepping in as the second option behind sophomore wideout Mario Messi. Wilkinson's large frame will be a boost to the Pythons' run game that featured two maxed backs but was still solidly in the middle of the pack, too.

Pick 1.5 (5 OA): MIN [GM: Bandit] select:
RB Xander Creed (TPE: 101, User: Bandit239)
Bandit's explanation:
With the powerhouse Mike Rotchburns moving up to play with New Orleans, a gaping hole is left at the Running back position, an incredibly important position that cannot be left unfilled. As the highest TPE running back in the class, and spending four games with Minnesota as a waiver pick up to end the last season, Creed is the clear choice here. They need an RB and he has potential to fill that void and has already been on the team making him a safe Locker room choice as well. Creed is a solid earner, and has been pretty active in the LR as a waiver last season, and played pretty well as well, so there really isn't a better pick here for the ducks.

Pick 1.6 (6 OA): BBB [GM: Trop] select:
CB Hehateme Picksix II (TPE: 82, User: Vorshayla)
Trop's explanation:
The Bucs should be sitting pretty for next season with a good amount of depth throughout the roster. This pick is an absolute no brainer if James Hoffman (Kingsleigher) gets called up to the ISFL next season although I would think he has one more year in the DSFL as the Outlaws should have 3 Corners with higher TPE next season. So they either pick up a strong second Corner or a guy that will be their top shutdown defender for a couple of seasons since it is practically a death sentence for Cornerbacks to be brought up immediately. Oh yeah and Vorsh is a recreate who's previous player was a stud and appears to have fathered this new player. 

Pick 1.7 (7 OA): LON [GM: treant, although the selection was made by WildfireMicro who had to back out of the draft] select:
OL Cheese Farley (TPE: 82, User: Guriinwoodo)
Micro/treant's explanation:
London needs an OL pretty badly since Alexander is likely to be brought up, so why not one of the best in the draft class? Especially since they will (or should) be adding a brand new quarterback, because of the fact that it's Cortez's last year of eligibility. It would be pretty crucial to get him some extra protection. Farley is sure to help in that regard and I definitely see him as quite the high earner. The top offensive lineman in the class is a sure bet to go in the first round, and London is lucky that he falls into his lap. Farley would definitely be a good pick from one of the best drafting teams in the league.

Pick 1.8 (8 OA): TIJ [GM: sve7en] select:
TE Borgo San Lorenzo (TPE: 99, User: AgentSmith)
sve7en's explanation:
Tijuana could use another weapon to replace Thomas "The Tank" Engine who didn't develop as hoped. San Lorenzo can come in and make an immediate impact on an offense that is loaded outside of Tight End. AgentSmith is a max earning first gen in the SHL, one of the youngest Co-GMs around right now, and the J league and international competition simmer. He was 2nd overall in the SMJHL and 1st in the SHL draft for his class and if he has got time for the ISFL then he's definitely first round talent. There's a slight need for defensive backs, but with only one off the board we're waiting and seeing what's still there come pick 16. Smith has also stated that he wouldn't rule out a transition to QB, allowing me to either use San Lorenzo, a waiver QB, or a bot at QB for the start of the season, loosely taking care of that need.

Pick 2.1 (9 OA): NOR [GM: excelsior] select:
CB Kita Chiasa (TPE: 80, User: Sabremike)
excelsior's explanation:
Yes, I'm going to double down on the secondary players. There aren't many good secondary players in this class, but Norfolk will manage to grab 2 of the top ones, giving their weak secondary a solid boost. Sabremike has earnt quite a bit of TPE and has done all the TPE tasks in front of him. He's going to be a star in this league and I have no idea how he fell to us. Bagel and Sabremike will make up a for a solid duo as we set ourselves up for the next couple of picks in the draft. Addressing this problem in the secondary allows us more flexibility moving forward in the draft. There was just not a lot of depth at secondary positions and we can focus on positions that have more prospects after this pick.

Pick 2.2 (10 OA): DAL [GM: potato] select:
QB Joliet Christ Jr. (TPE: 94, User: AW13)
potato's explanation:
Dallas is gonna lose their QB, so they need another one. QB is one of, if not the most important positions in the game, so it's extremely important to take into consideration every aspect and choose carefully. A QB must be a player that's active and can lead the team to victory. They must be a leader, on and off the field. Of the choices, Joilet makes the most sense, due the TPE count and activity on discord. Joilet has the skills necessary to make a big impact on the team and the league as a whole, and Dallas should be excited to have Joilet on their team. All in all, Christ might be the savior they need.

Pick 2.3 (11 OA): KCC [GM: Drip] select:
DT Fergus Callaghan Jr. (TPE: 86, User: H0PPY75)
Drip's explanation:
Again, the coyotes are going to the best available in positions that I think they need. Originally, I would've picked Farley here but he was taken. Given that there is a large drop off between the number one and two offensive lineman in the class, I think if Callaghan Jr is available here, this is another player who is a no brainer. Bolstering the defense is a priority that a lot of teams are going to have to adress, and a combination of need and best player available make this pick a great value at 11, especially for a KC team looking to just get pieces for the next two seasons.

Pick 2.4 (12 OA): POR [GM: 124715] select:
CB Lawrence Miller (TPE: 107, User: overdoo)
124715's explanation:
I won't lie here, I was pretty surprised to see Miller still on the board. A top earner in this year's draft as well as a user with outside sim league experience, Miller is a great prospect in this year's draft, and happens to fill a hole for the defense-needy Pythons. Miller will immediately start for the Pythons, likely at the outside CB position. With Ben Anabander's eligibility in doubt and Elijah Torres struggling, he might in fact become the immediate CB1 in Portland. He enters his rookie year with a leg up, TPE wise, and should develop to one of the league's better defenders by the end of his rookie year.

Pick 2.5 (13 OA): MIN [GM: Bandit] select:
DT Candice D. Fitinyomouf (TPE: 84, User: TheRealMazatt)
Bandit's explanation:
This was a pretty easy pick to make here. Fitinyomouf is a great earner who came over from the SFL. The Grey Ducks really need an active DT to plug the middle and I think it is their weakest position on defense. I feel that taking the DT here instead of a second RB is more important because each position that is empty needs at least one active player before adding depth. I think Smatt is a great user and would be a great fit for Minnesota while also filling an important need. Who knows if this will really be the pick here but hey, I think it is a good fit and hope it happens.

Pick 2.6 (14 OA): BBB [GM: Trop] select:
DT Henrik Von Pigeon (TPE: 75, User: Keckers)
Trop's explanation:
This pick was all about positional need. The run on Defensive Tackles in the previous two out of three picks forced the Bucs’ hand to reach for a fairly new user according to the forums. However, he was picked off waivers by the Bucs last season so perhaps they know something everyone else does not concerning this unproven commodity. They need some bodies for the defensive line but if this pick doesn't work out that's where the GM bots could end up.

Pick 2.7 (15 OA): LON [GM: treant] select:
LB Duke Cheeks (TPE: 96, User: TropicaliaCC)
treant's explanation:
This was an easy pick for me to make for a number of reasons! I have already talked about the fact that the team needed to get a player who could help them at the Linebacker position and I think that Cheeks is the perfect fit. He is the recreate of a member who is experienced in the league and will know what he is doing and could help be a leader for the Royals as a young team. I think that being able to make this pick in the second round would be a great outcome for the Royals and something they should be very happy about!

Pick 2.8 (16 OA): TIJ [GM: sve7en] select:
S Jim the Vampire (TPE: 65, User: Kyle)
sve7en's explanation:
Tijuana and I don't get punished for waiting until the 2nd round to pick up a defensive back, landing a top tier recreate in Kyle, and one of my last top tier options. They have Rich Triplet, NationalSimulation FootballLeague, and Mason Gillion all as potential departures looming from their secondary and Jim the Vampire could slot right in with the loss of SDCore to the big leagues. Jim is a center fielder either capable of replacing the loss of FootballLeague or a slowly developing Shuffleboard, and Kyle is a veteran user with GM experience and positive site and locker room presence to boot.

Pick 3.1 (17 OA): NOR [GM: excelsior] select:
DE Carter Fox (TPE: 72, User: FuzzISFL)
excelsior's explanation:
We got a star DE in Carter Fox, and the last viable defensive lineman on the board. You might think we're going too defensive heavy, but this team does not have a lot of players right now. The ones we do have are on the offensive side of the ball, so I'm perfectly willing to grab as many defensive players as I can. Carter Fox is a waiver create and already has a good amount of TPE. I think he will play very nicely on that Norfolk defense, which will hopefully improve as these prospects grow. I don't think there are any more good defensive linemen after this point, so I'm glad I was able to snag the last of his class.

Pick 3.2 (18 OA): DAL [GM: potato] select:
S Lorenzo "Torch" Smith II (TPE: 50, User: FreeSafety)
potato's explanation:
Dallas has some great safeties. However, with every pro, there's a con, and that con is that most likely one of the two will get called up to the ISFL, if not both. With that in mind, it's important to find quality replacements for those that are leaving the team, and Torch will be the guy this team needs. He's a great player in the field, a great team player in the locker room, and someone you want on your team. Torch is an interesting prospect, and might shape up to be a bright (get it, because the nickname "torch") spot on this defense for years to come.

Pick 3.3 (19 OA): KCC [GM: Drip] select:
OL Maui Waialiki (TPE: 57, User: excelsior)
Drip's explanation:
With this pick, I really think that Kansas City would much rather go for a player in the secondary. Jim the Vampire and "Torch" Smith II would both have been the pick here if they weren't both already off the board. Instead of going with Gabjonson, I think the Coyotes will look to get a really solid user OL in Waialiki. A really good locker room guy, he has the potential to be the OLoTY in a few years. Kansas City also doesn't have another pick until pick 35, where more secondary players are available. The Coyotes get a steal here by drafting the second best offensive lineman in the third round.

Pick 3.4 (20 OA): POR [GM: 124715] select:
LB Kevin Morrison (TPE: 96, User: thecanadiancanuck)
124715's explanation:
Have you noticed a trend with Portland's picks? I entered this draft intending to target the top remaining earners with outside sim league experience, and Kevin Morrison here is no exception. Between his great earnings so far and his solid discord activity, I'm sure Portland will be happy to have him way down in the third round. Prospect quality aside, Morrison can help the Pythons defense that might be gutted by call-ups as well. If they lose Demon Jaxson to the big leagues, they could just slot Morrison on the defensive line in his spot. And if their sparse secondary struggles, they can shift one of their speedy linebackers to safety and put Morrison in the void left behind.

Pick 3.5 (21 OA): MIN [GM: Bandit] select:
RB Drip Dad (TPE: 81, User: CommishDrip)
Bandit's explanation:
I chose to take a second RB here, and took Drip Dad because he is the second highest TPE running back in this class, and probably the most active. I didn't want to wait because of the chance he got taken before I could get him. He is an absolutely killer user who I have seen in multiple LRs including the ducks, I think he would fit perfectly with the culture, and will continue to be active. The two rookie running backs splitting the backfield should see really high volume and high yardage. I think this is a solid pick and a safe pick here.

Pick 3.6 (22 OA): BBB [GM: Trop] select:
WR Eleven Kendrick-Watts (TPE: 101, User: 124715)
Trop's explanation:
Yall are really going to let numbers slide to the third round? The dude is an ISFL legend. He already has 1 user in the HOF and a second one that should be following suit shortly. Is WR a need on this team? Not particularly. Do I give a fuck? Nope give me numbers in the third and declare me the winner of this draft. That being said Eleven Kendrick-Watts projects to be the second or third option at Wide Receiver for the Bucs, so he will help bolster the passing attack led by Jackie Daytona.

Pick 3.7 (23 OA): LON [GM: treant] select:
WR Preston Parker (TPE: 70, User: TheDangaZone)
treant's explanation:
I had not talked about wide receiver as a position that the Royals had needed to improve but Parker is the best player available at this position in the draft and so it would be foolish for the Royals to not draft him! Parker is also the recreate of a successful member and should help grow into a position as a leader for the team! I am still planning for the Royals to draft a Quarterback later in the draft and getting them a new receiver to throw the ball to will help them too!
Pick 3.8 (24 OA): TIJ [GM: sve7en] select:
CB Jonasredfyld Gabjonson (TPE: 50, User: nour)
sve7en's explanation:
More secondary for a team that might lose a piece or two. Easilly most well known for the Nour Harrak Variety Hour* and nothing else, the SHL transplant has strong connections to Tijuana via SDCore/NationalSimulation FootballLeague and he'd be a good fit for a team that is staring down three season 25 cornerbacks over 300 TPE. Realistically, I expect Jonasredfyld Gabjonson could go before 24th overall, but he only created as we were working on this piece and could go as early as the late first round despite his low TPE on his potential alone. For an example of a similar prospect, just look at the previously mentioned NationalSimulation FootballLeague.

Pick 4.1 (25 OA): NOR [GM: excelsior] select:
DT Marlon Brando (TPE: 59, User: Menace0528)
excelsior's explanation:
I haven't the slightest clue how this man fell to me. He's one of the most active members of the S27 class, and a really friendly user. I know he's going to do great things in this league and he has big aspirations too. This is a guy who is going to be a great locker room presence for whichever team drafts him. He should not have fallen out of the 2nd round, and I do not understand why none of my other GMs gambled on this guy. Norfolk has now drafted 2 secondary players and 2 defensive line players, as you can see we're obviously going very defensive heavy. We still don't have any LBs on the roster, but I'm planning to position switch one of these guys so we can at least have some depth at LB so we're not only playing bots there.

Pick 4.2 (26 OA): DAL [GM: potato] select:
RB Massimo Rocco (TPE: 79, User: Dabbadad)
potato's explanation:
An RB, depending on their skill level, can make or break an offense. With this pick, there are two possibilities: either their main RB gets called up and they have a great prospect for a starting RB, or their RB stays one more year and they get both a quality replacement in the future and a useful addition to their team. Either way, Rocco is a great choice and will be a valuable addition for the next couple years. Dallas would be lucky to have him

Pick 4.3 (27 OA): MIN (via KCC) [GM: Bandit] select:
LB Liamcoolguy Gabjonson (TPE: 50, User: Waters)
Bandit's explanation:
I decided on a Linebacker here to get some depth on the core of the defense. I think Liamcoolguy Gabjonson could be a good fit to help Gleel and Chainbreaker on the defense, adding some needed depth to a fantastic linebacker corps. There is still a risk one of the two Ducks star linebackers could be called up, and if they are, this pick will be even more crucial. If they stay down though the Ducks will be one of the only teams with 3 active Linebackers giving them a lot of room to work with different lineups and try different looks. The outcome of this pick will be determined if Gabjonson remains active. If he does then it will be a steal this late in the draft.

Pick 4.4 (28 OA): POR [GM: 124715] select:
KP Mills Wallace (TPE: 81, User: Griff001)
124715's explanation:
Yup, yup, same formula. Let's take a quick look here. Top-tier remaining earner? Check. Outside sim league experience? You bet. While Wallace plays one of the most devalued positions in the league, especially by draft position, Portland has the roster completeness to be able to afford picking a K/P player that may only be with them for one year. On the field, the Pythons will certainly prefer a well-earning kicker and punter over their current guy, Johnathan Smith, or a filler bot. Wallace has also been fairly active throughout the various league discords and locker rooms, and surely Portland will benefit from adding him to the locker room.

Pick 4.5 (29 OA): MIN [GM: Bandit] select:
OL Shane Benjamin (TPE: 50, User: TheMemeMaestro)
Bandit's explanation:
Taking Benjamin here is a solid choice, adding depth to the O Line is never a bad choice and if Benjamin earns well and remains active it will end up being a great pick. The trouble with these later picks is it is hard to know if the 50 TPE will turn out and earn more or if they go IA. This is another selection where if Benjamin can earn well he could end up a crucial piece to the Grey Ducks Ultimini chase. Having big guys up front to make lanes for the two rookie running backs will be important. That said I think they do take a lineman in this draft and I think Benjamin could be it.

Pick 4.6 (30 OA): BBB [GM: Trop] select:
TE Bobby Tarantino (TPE: 50, User: jsteele14)
Trop's explanation:
With Djibutee McJimmerson likely getting called up TE would be the only position that Bondi Beach absolutely needs. Luckily, Bobby Tarantino has fallen to them in the late fourth round. He may be a late addition to the class, but you know you are getting a proven user in jsteele14. His last player maxed out in the high 800s in TPE for the Colorado Yeti. I suspect he would be a great fit in the Bucs' passing game to replace Djibutee.

Pick 4.7 (31 OA): LON [GM: treant] select:
QB Boo Tee (TPE: 69, User: Boo_T)
treant's explanation:
The Royals need to add their Quarterback of the future and this is the time to make the move! I think Boo Tee has shown a lot of promise and could become a great player in the future for the team! If he was available in the third round then it would make a lot of sense for the Royals to make their move and pick him, so here we are and hopefully we are acquiring the future of the team here!

Pick 4.8 (32 OA): TIJ [GM: sve7en] select:
WR Mike Hunt (TPE: 57, User: TheSparkyDee)
sve7en's explanation:
Sparky is a dynamic first gen from the SHL spreading his wings to another sim league. Don't let the meme name fool you, he brings a lot to a locker room and has been a fun person to talk to across discord servers. Mike Hunt is a big bruising WR that can go up for jump balls and will be a good athlete to line up on the other side of the previously picked up San Lorenzo. This deep into the draft you're looking for good people and the positional need is slightly less important, but Dee is a team player as well.

Pick 5.1 (33 OA): NOR [GM: excelsior] select:
DT Devonte Crook (TPE: 50, User: Southie)
excelsior's explanation:
Southie is probably the last good defensive tackle, especially after they were all taken in the 2nd round. I'm doing an interesting strategy and going all defense in this draft, because I really feel like we need the most help there. I think we have the right pieces on offense, and we just need to develop them. Southie has been earning a good bit, but not max earning. I think we can move one of the guys we drafted around to fill for extra holes, but I feel like we got a really solid 5 players here that will make up the bulk of the defense.

Pick 5.2 (34 OA): DAL [GM: potato] select:
TE Vilhjálmur Kueblerson (TPE: 50, User: benELF)
potato's explanation:
TE's can be blockers, pass catchers, and a safety valve for quarterbacks. That last part will be especially necessary with a rookie QB starting in Dallas. Keublerson would already be a good addition to any team, but with a new quarterback, he'll become an essential part of the offense. TE is not simply a position you can ignore and hope that a bot does well. It's a position dependent on quality players, and that's why Keublerson is the best pick. A special secret advantage as well is that it will be impossible for defenses to call him out in coverage, as his name is impossible to pronounce.

Pick 5.3 (35 OA): KCC [GM: Drip] select:
S Jack Offmen (TPE: 50, User: Datboi489)
Drip's explanation:
So far the Coyotes have gone offense twice and defense once. With the fifth round really having a lot of 50 tpe players who aren't super active, this pick really boils down to positional needs. The Coyotes probably need another wide reciever, possibly a running back and some secondary help. They addressed wide receiver in the first round, so I don't think Asui would be high on their board. I also don't think that there are many running backs left that aren't going to be available at their next pick. I think we'll see a run on secondary players so grabbing Offmen here seems like the right move. Hopefully there's more activity from him, but with how the first three rounds went, Kansas City should be content with the back half of the draft.

Pick 5.4 (36 OA): POR [GM: 124715] select:
WR Tsuyu Asui (TPE: 95, User: WildfireMicro)
124715's explanation:
Wide Receiver is not a need for the Pythons in the slightest. In fact, it's not really a major need for any team if you think about it. And that probably explains why a max-earning trade deadline player is still available in the fifth round. Tsuyu Asui fits both the criteria I'm looking for. Not only does she stand out among players from this round by TPE, but she is also a second-gen player, which almost qualifies as outside sim experience. Asui won't be more than a third or fourth option by the start of her rookie year due to the crowded Pythons roster, but could develop into an important offensive piece in time.

Pick 5.5 (37 OA): MIN [GM: Bandit] select:
WR Joseph Radetkzy (TPE: 83, User: StevenOSullivan)
Bandit's explanation:
This is not a position of urgent need, however more targets for Negs is going to be a bonus. The air attack for Minntesota last season was good, but lacking. Newton was the only consistent threat downfield so adding Radetkzy here adds a valuable weapon to the Minnesota Offense that saw two running backs added in this draft. Also having high TPE for this late in the draft is a total steal. At this point I think the ducks will have added enough weapons on offense and defense to fill in the gaps they have after call ups and I believe this roster could see them in the playoffs for a second year in a row.

Pick 5.6 (38 OA): BBB [GM: Trop] select:
RB Buck Nekkid (TPE: 50, User: Voltaqe)
Trop's explanation:
I used similar logic as the last pick, in that you are getting a proven user that has recreated a little later in the process. I was actually Voltaqe's GM way back in the day and he is a good dude and great for an LR. His previous player Chris Kross was a Wide Receiver who was a first round ISFL pick and was a max earner until going IA at about 550 TPE. Perhaps a new player will give Voltaqe the motivation needed to see him through a successful career. As for team need, this pick gives Bondi Beach some depth at Running Back that should allow them to run a powerful RBBC.

Pick 5.7 (39 OA): LON [GM: treant] select:
DE Daquan Madison (TPE: 57, User: kingjwm57)
treant's explanation:
The last pick that I will be making for the Royals is the one where I add a piece that I think will be of great use for the Royals down the line. Madison is the best player that I think is available at this point in the draft and so I’m excited to have the chance to bring him to the team. Defensive End is a very important position and if the team is able to add a good player at that position here then it will help the team for a long time to come!

Pick 5.8 (40 OA): TIJ [GM: sve7en] select:
WR Artour Babaev (TPE: 57, User: Frogman)
sve7en's explanation:
Last pick of the mock flyer time. I like the look of Frogman as someone who created an update thread and has logged on the site days after first creating. Hopefully he comes back and sticks with it, and while the positionality is a little rough, I'll take an active and interested person over anything else at this point. Artour Babaev is far smaller than the other pass catchers I've drafted in this mock, but he makes up for it with better quickness and a fluidity to his game that the others lacked to some extent. This pick could backfire though, if noone is willing to move out of playing wide receiver.

Draft Class Review:
NOR [GM: excelsior]
S SparkySparky Boom-man (1.1)
CB Kita Chiasa (2.1)
DE Carter Fox (3.1)
DT Marlon Brando (4.1)
DT Devonte Crook (5.1)

DAL [GM: potato]
DE Bean Beanman (1.2)
QB Joilet Christ Jr. (2.2)
S Lorenzo "Torch" Smith (3.2)
RB Massimo Rocco (4.2)
TE Vilhjálmur Kueblerson (5.2)

KCC [GM: Drip]
WR Madison Hayes (1.3)
DT Fergus Callaghan Jr. (2.3)
OL Maui Waialiki (3.3)
S Jack Offmen (5.3)

POR [GM: 124715]
TE James Wilkinson (1.4)
CB Lawrence Miller (2.4)
LB Kevin Morrison (3.4)
K/P Mills Wallace (4.4)
WR Tsuyu Asui (5.4)

MIN [GM: Bandit]
RB Xander Creed (1.5)
DT Candice D. Fitinyomouf (2.5)
RB Drip Dad (3.5)
LB Liamcoolguy Gabjonson (4.3)
OL Shane Benjamin (4.5)
WR Joseph Radetkzy (5.5)

BBB [GM: Trop]
CB Hehateme Picksix II (1.6)
DT Henrik von Pigeon (2.6)
WR Eleven Kendrick-Watts (3.6)
TE Bobby Tarantino (4.6)
RB Buck Nekkid (5.6)

LON [GM: treant]
OL Cheese Farley (1.7)
LB Duke Cheeks (2.7)
WR Preston Parker (3.7)
QB Boo Tee (4.7)
DE Daquan Madison (5.7)

TIJ [GM: sve7en]
TE Borgo San Lorenzo (1.8)
S Jim the Vampire (2.8)
CB Jonasredfyld Gabjonson (3.8)
WR Mike Hunt (4.8)
WR Artour Babaev (5.8)

If you’ve made it this far, and even if you haven’t, thanks so much for reading or clicking on our article! I know I don’t just speak for myself when I say that this project was a ton of fun, and we hope that you enjoyed reading it as well!

Rejected titles
Between a Mock and a hard place
Mock and Roll
This Draft will Mock your socks off
Team mock it, blasting off again
The mockarina of time
Mockulus rift

7600 words
1.5x Draft Media
Please split payout evenly 8 ways between the following users:
Bandit239
CommishDrip
excelsior
Menace0528
sve7en
treant
TropicaliaCC

RE: 5 Round DSFL Mega-Mock! - GlimsTC - 11-20-2020

Man, what an absolutely fantastic collaborative effort between you all! You guys did a fantastic job figuring out the team needs and giving some pretty reasonable explanations for the picks. Interested to see how many of them end up being right in the end!

RE: 5 Round DSFL Mega-Mock! - Jimi64 - 11-20-2020

This media is a great way to get new users involved in the league from a GM's perspective. I hope to see this kind of thing every offseason. Everyone did a great job!

RE: 5 Round DSFL Mega-Mock! - AgentSmith - 11-20-2020

I like this.

RE: 5 Round DSFL Mega-Mock! - Cody - 11-20-2020

This is fantastic and a great collaboration. I want to see this every offseason.

RE: 5 Round DSFL Mega-Mock! - Memento Mori - 11-20-2020

This is cool af, love to see it!

RE: 5 Round DSFL Mega-Mock! - treant - 11-20-2020

This was a lot of fun to be able to work on! Thank you for giving me the opportunity!

RE: 5 Round DSFL Mega-Mock! - Drip - 11-21-2020

I also had a blast writing this! Can't wait to do it again next year!

RE: *5 Round DSFL Mega-Mock! - TheRealMazatt - 11-23-2020

Damn what a huge effort, great article! Love seeing some love for the DSFL prospects