International Simulation Football League
*S26 ISFL Mock - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S26 ISFL Mock (/showthread.php?tid=27651)

*S26 ISFL Mock - dogwoodmaple - 11-20-2020

(1.5x draft media - 2,592 words)

Welcome to my ISFL Mock Draft!  This was a combination of guessing, TPE, and team needs.  I also relied on the TPE tracker for callups, so if some of the write-up stuff is wrong, that's probably why.  And there are no trades and no position changes.

ROUND ONE

1. Berlin Fire Salamanders - DE Ernest Lover @Mojojojo
  • Current team: London Royals
  • Stats: 75 tackles, 11 tackles for loss, 8 sacks, 1 FF
In last year’s DSFL mock draft, I predicted Ernest would be taken first overall, so why go against tradition?  This would be a great pick for the Fire Salamanders from a need, fit, and value perspective.  First, Berlin only has two DEs on their roster (one active) and they didn’t select a defensive end in last year’s ISFL Draft until the 100th overall selection.  Lover would immediately be in line for a starting role in Berlin and be an instant boost to their defense. Last season, they gave up the most points in the league by a decent margin so this certainly fills a hole.  As far as fit goes, this is also a slam dunk for the Fire Salamanders.  Mojo is well-regarded around the league, always active, and would be a welcomed sight in any new locker room.  It’s not always you mention value when it comes to the first overall selection, but I  really think Berlin is in a place where they can get one of the best overall players in the draft at a position of extreme need here at #1.  Ernest checks all of the boxes and should probably start looking for houses in the German capital.

2. New York Silverbacks - RB Cobra Kai @OrbitingDeath
  • Current team: Dallas Birddogs
  • Stats: 1,482 rushing yards, 5.3 ypc, 8 TD, 97 receiving yards, 568 kick return yards
Like the first overall pick, I think this one more than checks all the boxes for the Silverbacks.  Right now, their backfield is dominated by workhorse Ashley Owens who, as an S17er, is in the latter half of their career.  They added Captain Rogers this offseason and the addition of Kai will help eventually move to a more balanced approach from the backfield.  Instead of just relying on Rogers to hammer opponents on every down, Kai can be used as a change of pace back and to give the Captain a breather.  Either way, it gives the Silverbacks a lot of options on how to handle their roster, which is a general manager’s dream. As far as production goes, Kai was absolutely phenomenal for Dallas this year. He ended up with more than 2,100 all purpose yards and a slew of DSFL awards, proving to New York and the entire ISFL that he has no problem putting up monster numbers.  From the Big D to the Big Apple, Kai will do well in the bright lights of Silverbacks Nation.  I almost had a linebacker picked here, so consider this the hedge portion of this article.  New York has two non-regression Pro Bowl LBs right now so I just don’t know if they go there at #2.  It would not shock me at all and I will count this pick as half-credit if any LB gets picked second overall.

3. Baltimore Hawks - S Dogwood Maple
  • Current team: Norfolk Seawolves
  • Stats: 84 tackles, 6 sacks
Baltimore is in an interesting spot because they don’t have too many glaring needs.  They could use a couple upgrades at some positions, but overall they’ve got their bases covered.  I think I land here at #3 with the Hawks to eventually replace some of the older members of their secondary as they begin to hit the cold reality that is regression.  Teaming up with Tony Yeboah to patrol the defensive backfield would make us quite the safety duo in the Charm City.  Abandon hope all quarterbacks who enter here.  For my DSFL mock draft I was more than a full round off for myself, so maybe Baltimore gets me in the second?

4. Yellowknife Wraiths - LB BamBam McMullet @manicmav36
  • Current team: Tijuana Luchadores
  • Stats: 97 tackles, 2 TFL, 4 sacks, 2 INT, 3 PD
Yellowknife could certainly use a linebacker so they take one of the top overall users and players here with BamBam McMullet.  He was a terror for the Ultimini Champs this past season and filled the statsheet early and often.  The Wraiths are getting long in the tooth at linebacker so works in terms of fit as well as need.  They need to get out of “almost making playoffs” purgatory and McMullet can be the ‘backer to lead their defense out of that quagmire.  I hope McMullet packs warm for his new home - it’s a far cry from the sunny skies and beach life of Tijuana.

5. New Orleans Second Line - S Derek Wildstar @Legally_Blind_Gamer
  • Current team: Kansas City Coyotes
  • Stats: 62 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 sack, 1 PD, 438 total return yards, 2 TD
With an aging Mason Blaylock and an inactive Quentin Button, Derek Wildstar will serve as a nice eventual replacement for the Second Line.  Wildstar was instantly a revelation in the return game, running back both kicks and punts for the Coyotes this season.  He ended up with over 400 return yards and two touchdowns to go along with his stellar defensive statistics.  He can play zone, fly down and add valuable run support, and even lock down slot receivers in obvious passing downs. This also seems like a good fit personality wise.  LBG has stream experience, is incredibly active, and would be a great match to join the Second Line down in Cajun Country.  Blaylock has carved out an incredible legacy and who better to learn from than one of the all-time greats?

6. Philadelphia Liberty - QB Ryan Negs @"Ryan Negs"
  • Current team: Minnesota Grey Ducks
  • Stats: 66 QBR, 53.2%, 2,477 yards, 13 TD, 13 INT
In my DSFL Mock Draft last year, I had Negs falling out of the first round entirely. I will not make such an egregious error this season.  Philadelphia is in the middle of a front office change and they’ve got an aging quarterback in Brock Phoenix.  They go ahead and address that here with Negs and solidify their QB plans for the better part of the next decade.  While his statistical numbers won’t jump off the page, he shouldered the mantle of being the first overall selection in the DSFL Draft and helped lead the Grey Ducks to the postseason. On top of that, he’s an A+ user, a fantastic quarterback, and yet another Georgia Bulldog alumnus going here in the first round of the S26 ISFL Draft.  The City of Brotherly Love gets one of the best young signal callers and can firmly turn their eyes to the future.  If LBJIII is the pick here, I would be 0% surprised, though.  I like the idea of the Liberty drafting their eventual post-Phoenix QB and it’s going to all come down to preference.

7. Honolulu Hahalua - WR Raphael Delacour @37thchamber
  • Current team: Norfolk Seawolves
  • Stats: 58 catches, 656 yards
What’s better than one first round Seawolf?  Two first round Seawolves!!  Delacour will head to Honolulu as the newest member of the Hahalua.  He was our main target in the passing game this season, despite being constantly double-teamed by opposing defenses.  He hauled in over 650 yards and was the Forty-Two of our passing game, as it were.  Honolulu hasn’t drafted a wide receiver with one of their first four picks in any of the previous three drafts, which leads them to pull the trigger here on Delacour.  The Harvard graduate is a precise route-runner and routinely put cornerbacks on skates this year in Norfolk.  That level of perfection and the dedication that comes with it will lead to a long, successful career in Honolulu that could very well result in an Ultimus or two.

8. Chicago Butchers - LB Leonard Taylor @Tayjay
  • Current team: Bondi Beach Buccaneers
  • Stats: 108 tackles, 1 FF, 1 FR, 1 INT, 2 PD
The Butchers have a ton of options here with the eighth overall pick and I like them picking up one of the elite ‘backers in this class with Leonard Taylor.  Taylor has been mocked as high as second overall by various members of the league and for good reason.  He can handle every assignment on the field, from dropping in coverage to filling run gaps to getting after the quarterback. Mack Arianlacher is inactive and will soon get hammered with regression and this would be a great replacement.  This will be Taylor’s third new home, having moved from Myrtle Beach to Bondi Beach, and now eventually to the Great White North.  Go ahead and pencil him in as a potential HOFer - that’s how good he is.

9. Arizona Outlaws - OL Alexander Franklin @Hordle
  • Current team: Minnesota Grey Ducks
  • Stats: 47 pancakes, 1 sack
Arizona only has one human offensive lineman currently on their roster so they’ll pick up Hordle here with the ninth overall selection.  After Jay Cue eventually hangs up the cleats, they’ll likely hand the franchise over to current Royals QB Charlemagne Cortez who will need protection first and foremost.  Franklin will be able to provide that in spades and could lock down one of the tackle spots for the Outlaws for the next decade.  He’s the definition of technically sound and there’s perhaps not a better pass blocker in the DSFL right now than AFrank.  He’ll continue his westwardly move as he went from the University of North Carolina to Minnesota and now to Arizona.  Great value, great pick, and someone they can trust with their QB’s safety for years to come.

10. Sarasota Sailfish - RB Mr. Forty-Two @C9Van
  • Current Team: Norfolk Seawolves
  • Stats: 1,638 yards, 3.9 ypc, 8 TD, 90 receiving yards, 610 return yards
Sarasota plans for the future here with another Seawolf, Mr. Forty-Two.  The Sailfish will have a need for a running back change in a couple seasons so picking up 42 here helps bridge that gap.  When it comes to production, it’s hard to ignore what he was able to do for us in Norfolk this season.  He was essentially our entire offense and routinely ran against stacked boxes.  Despite that, he finished with the league lead in rushing yards, eight touchdowns, and over 2,300 all-purpose yards.  He’ll be a great addition to their locker room as a player, user, and swiss army knife of sorts for their coaching staff.  Whether it’s in the return game, as an every down back, or as a pass-catcher out of the backfield, I’ve got no doubt that 42 will be able to excel in whichever role he’s placed into along the Gulf Coast.

11. Chicago Butchers - S Moe Skeeter @TheDude83
  • Current team: Portland Pythons
  • Stats: 67 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 FR, 4 sacks, 4 INT, 4 PD, 2 TD
Chicago has a great history in the defensive backfield and they’ll add to that with Moe Skeeter at #11.  Skeeter was un-beliv-able for the Pythons last year and has playmaking ball-hawk written all over him.  A pair of touchdowns immediately jumps off the page, but he was also adept at rushing the passer and playing fantastic coverage on the back end.  Chicago is getting a great, heady player and a user that no one has a cross thing to say about.  Eventually, Skeeter will team up with Damian Blackfyre in the Windy City, creating one of the most dynamic safety duos in the history of the ISFL.

12. Orange County Otters - LB Big Slammu @moonlight
  • Current team: Dallas Birddogs
  • Stats: 97 tackles, 1 TFL, 4 sacks, 2 INT, 3 PD
It’s fate.  Slammu’s family has a long history in Orange County and the Otters just cannot pass on him.  Is it a perfect need for them?  Eh.  Sometimes you gotta throw need out the window and draft the best player on the board.  That’s exactly what they do here with Slammu as the Otters continue their legacy of stability and excellence.  Slammu has gone much higher in other mocks and it would not surprise me if a team pulls the trigger on him before he ends up at 12, but there’s no way the ocean fur pups are letting him slide down to #13.  Great player, great user, and fantastic locker room presence.  As they say, the rich get richer.

13. Colorado Yeti - WR Tugg Speedman @"zakkyjohns"
  • Current team: London Royals
  • Stats: 73 catches, 841 yards, 4 TD
The Yeti came up just short in the Ultimus this past season and they don’t have too many holes across their roster.  They look to the board and see Tugg Speedman Messi still around and simply cannot pass him up.  Messi was fantastic in his rookie DSFL campaign, hauling in 841 yards yards and 4 touchdowns for the Royals. The TCU product heads to the snowy peaks of Colorado and brings with him an elite skillset that will help new QB Mattathias Caliban down the road.  I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again - the best thing you can do with a young quarterback is surround them with playmakers and that’s precisely what the Yeti do here with Tugg Speeman. I could also see Colorado adding a cornerback with this pick, but I think they’re too impressed with Tugg’s body of work to pass him by.

14. San Jose SaberCats - WR Mario Messi @KingSean
  • Current team: Portland Pythons
  • Stats: 88 catches, 886 yards, 8 TD,
With the final pick of the first round, the back to back Ultimus Champion San Jose SaberCats pick the best player on the board, Mario Messi.  Messi is stupid-good value at #14 and many people have him coming off the board well before this pick.  That’s why the ‘Cats just cannot pass on him here - he’s an elite playmaker and will fit in perfectly with their locker room culture.  Messi was one of the major surprises in the DSFL this past season and will take that stat-stuffing pedigree with him to sunny California.  Luckily for Messi, he stays on his preferred coast and makes the relatively short trip down to San Jose. The fact that San Jose can get such a fantastic player at 14th overall is a testament to the depth and talent of the S26 draft class as a whole.

Some quick thoughts:
  • I’m sure I’ll have egg on my face in about 5 hours, but I love the Ernest Lover pick to Berlin.  Feel good about that one.
  • Linebackers will be the ones to jack everybody’s mocks up, mine included.  There are just too many high TPE, high earning, active linebackers to accurately mock everywhere.  I could see any of the four I have in the first round going in the top three.
  • Only one offensive lineman in the first, but I think it’s a good overall need pick for Arizona.
  • Only one quarterback in the first and like I said in the writeup, it’s going to come down to solely a matter of preference.  I definitely see Philly taking a QB and they can’t go wrong with Negs and LBJ.
  • I’m 0% confident with my safety picks.  Moe Skeeter and Derek Wildstar could easily go #3 to Baltimore and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if all of us safeties get picked early or drop to the second round.
  • Lastly, I think the story of this draft will be recreates vs. new creates.  I could see some recreates going higher than I’ve mocked them, which absolutely makes sense.  Known quantities with histories around the league and that’s attractive to franchises.

RE: S26 ISFL Mock - ComebackZak - 11-20-2020

Good stuff man! Also Leonard Taylor's user is @Tayjay lol

RE: S26 ISFL Mock - dogwoodmaple - 11-20-2020

(11-20-2020, 03:09 PM)zakkyjohns Wrote: Good stuff man! Also Leonard Taylor's user is @Tayjay lol

this was a test to see who actually read the article

you passed!

RE: S26 ISFL Mock - Tayjay - 11-20-2020

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: S26 ISFL Mock - C9Van - 11-20-2020

I appreciate you Dogwood. Never become like ISFL.