International Simulation Football League
*Complete DSFL Prospect Rankings! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Complete DSFL Prospect Rankings! (/showthread.php?tid=27686)

*Complete DSFL Prospect Rankings! - 124715 - 11-21-2020

Hello everyone! To celebrate the start of the DSFL pre-draft just a few minutes ago, I want to go through and rank every prospect qualitatively. I’ve decided on a few categories to use, and then I’ll combine them to make an overall ranking. This is a big board style list, meaning I won’t be taking into account team needs or attempting to assign the prospects to teams.

Discord activity
One of the most important measures of activity is discord, but there’s no great way to measure this directly - any given prospect’s activity could be split off behind multiple team locker rooms, general discords, and hidden channels. As a proxy, I’ll be counting rookie discord messages over a one-week interval - here 11/12 to 11/19. I’d love to award about 5 points for this, but due to measurement difficulties, up to 3 points will be available from discord activity as follows:

60+ messages: 3 points
40-59 messages: 2 points
20-39 messages: 1 point
1-19 messages: 0 points
0 messages in past week, but messages prior to that: 0 points
No discord account or recorded activity: -1 points

Site activity
Site activity is a little less important, as a max-earning player technically only needs one or two logins each week. Therefore, I will have two attainable categories here, which are not mutually exclusive, basically “could you be active?” and “could you be inactive?”. The penalty for no logins since creation seems harsh, and it is; my goal here is to differentiate actives and inactives.

User has logged in in the past week: 3 points
User has not logged in since creation: -5 points

TPE accumulation
Draft-day TPE is big, not only to measure instant impact (or impact if the player goes inactive) but also prior commitment to the league. However, there are two well-separated categories of players, who should receive TPE points differently. I’ll be collecting this data through update threads to gain the most accurate possible picture of prospects’ earnings. This is a little unfair to recreates who are ineligible for the rookie PT, but TPE is TPE. If you go inactive, it doesn’t matter whether you’re a recreate or a first-gen. Only your TPE count and build matter. (Speaking of build, I would’ve included build here, but I couldn’t come up with a good way to make it objective, aside from % of TPE allocated into speed, which is a little disingenuous.)

Trade deadline creates

141+ TPE: 5 points
111-140 TPE: 4 points
91-110 TPE: 3 points
71-90 TPE: 2 points
51-70 TPE: 1 point
50 TPE: 0 points

Playoff week/offseason creates

121+ TPE: 5 points
101-120 TPE: 4 points
81-100 TPE: 3 points
61-80 TPE: 2 points
51-60 TPE: 1 point
50 TPE: 0 points

Rookie PT completion or recreate bonus
This is huge as well, not just for the TPE, but as a demonstration of familiarity with the league. Sure, this section punishes recreates, but we’ll adjust for that later..

Rookie PT complete: 2 points
Rookie PT started, but not finished: 1 point
Rookie PT not attempted: 0 points

Bank
Money in the bank is helpful. However, I am mostly using bank balance as a proxy for two things: a recreate boost (second- and third-gen players will have bigger bank accounts) or a media/gfx/podcast grind (that would inflate bank accounts). The opportunity for a half-point will hopefully serve as a tiebreaker in more crowded areas of the ranking.
$50mil+: 4 points
$30mil+: 3 points
$20mil+: 2 points
$10mil+: 1 point
$5mil+: 0.5 points

After these categories, the most a player could have would be 17 points, for a rookie with a loaded bank account. The fewest one could have would be -6 points, which I expect most inactives to score. TPE and discord data were collected just a few hours ago, so hopefully they are not out of date.

Additionally, I want to emphasize that these rankings are inherently flawed by virtue of them being entirely qualitative. No consideration to character, for instance, was given, and certain league involvement measures are bad flaws: rookie discord participation as a proxy for discord presence, bank balance as an indicator of recreate status, and TPE to measure league involvement. In the future, I would like to add a more comprehensive discord activity indicator, award points to recreates off the success of their last player, and grant points for holding league jobs. With that said, let’s get into the rankings!

Tier 6: Likely Inactives

57. RB Tahj Glover - Score: -6
Points earned from rookie discord activity (RD): -1
Points earned from site activity (SA): -5
Points earned from TPE (TPE): 0
Points earned from rookie point task (RPT): 0
Points earned from bank balance ($):

Surprisingly, only one prospect earned the “other perfect score” of a -6, and that is Tahj Glover. Absolute legend.

56. KP Vernal Bloodshine - Score: -5.5
RD: -1
SA: -5
TPE: 0
RPT: 0
$: 0.5

Bloodshine’s $6M bank balance saves them from -6 ignominy.

55. CB Lion Nikita - Score: -5
$: 1

54. KP Armando Galarraga - Score: -4
RD: 0
TPE: 1
$: 0

53. LB Liamcoolguy Gabjonson - Score: -3
SA: -2
Gabjonson flips both the “could you be active?” and “could you be inactive” flags, by virtue of having not logged in since his (recent) creation date...

52. WR Skim Milf - Score: -0.5
SA: 0

...and Skim Milf flips neither. They seem to have hidden their site activity, confusing my formulas and vaulting their score all the way up to a lofty -0.5.

51. CB Jalen Ramsey - Score: 0.5

Tier 5: Risky Picks

T49. QB Boo Tee - Score: 1
SA: -2
TPE: 2
RPT: 2

Tee hasn’t logged in since creation day, but what a day it was, finishing the entire rookie PT and reaching almost 70 TPE.

T49. WR Michael Stevens - Score: 1
RD: 1
$:

In real life, GMs will probably read a lot more into that “1” under RD, making Stevens a much more enticing flier pick. But the formula is cruel, cold, and unseeing.

48. KP Thor Snakechucker - Score: 1.5
RPT: 1

T44. TE Zane Cruz - Score: 2
SA: 3
$:

T44. DE Daquan Madison - Score: 2

T44. S Anansi Spiderson - Score: 2
$:

T44. S Jack Offmen - Score: 2
$:

43. TE Bobby Tarantino - Score: 2.5

Tarantino doesn’t get the recreate factor you could argue that he deserves. Next time maybe I’ll factor it in.

Tier 4: Boom-or-bust Prospects

T36. QB Marcus McMarcus - Score: 3
$:

T36. QB Franklin Ali-West - Score: 3
$:

Here we get a pair of QBs with fairly similar plights - reasonably active on site, but unable to accrue many points outside of that.

T36. WR Artour Babaev - Score: 3
$:

T36. TE Vilhjálmur Kueblerson - Score: 3
$:

T36. DT Henrik Von Pigeon - Score: 3

Von Pigeon took an unusual route to the very common 3 points, failing to flip the 3-point SA filter but getting there off the half-RPT and a high TPE tier. Crazy stuff.

T36. CB Mojo Rizing - Score: 3
$:

T36. CB Jonasredfyld Gabjonson - Score: 3
$:

Gabjonson avoids … his? her? their?, uh, sibling’s misfortune by avoiding the “could you be inactive?” SA switch and putting TPE on the books.

35. TE Corey Steadman - Score: 3.5

T31. RB Ace Savage - Score: 4
$:

T31. RB Buck Nekkid - Score: 4

T31. OL Shane Benjamin - Score: 4

T31. DT Marlon Brando - Score: 4
$:

The longer I go, the more I regret selecting rookie discord as the discord measurement. Maybe I should use a ten-way average between the 8 LRs, ISFL general, and rookie discord...

30. KP Rotor Wash - Score: 4.5

KP runner-up

Ooh, here’s something interesting! Wash is the second-highest ranked KP from this class, by my ranking.

29. QB Joe Bay - Score: 5

QB runner-up

Another award! Wow.

Tier 3: Good Prospects

T27. DT Fergus Callaghan Jr. - Score: 5.5

T27. CB Kita Chiasa - Score: 5.5

Both of these prospects are very enticing, putting together fairly even point spreads across the board. We truly have moved into the good prospects.

26. WR Joseph Radetkzy - Score: 6
TPE: 3

8th in TPE

Somehow, one of the class’s best earners skids down to 26th due to lackluster performance in all other categories.

T19. CB HeHateMe PickSix II - Score: 7
$: 2

CB runner-up

The next award goes off the table to PickSix II, whose recreate pedigree is not helping him win the CB position in my article but will help him in the draft.

T19. RB Massimo Rocco - Score: 7

T19. WR Mike Hunt - Score: 7

T19. WR Preston Parker - Score: 7

Massive logjam at 7 points, but many have gotten here by different means.

T19. OL Maui Waialiki - Score: 7
RD: 2

OL runner-up

If you hide your site activity I can’t give you points for it Maui

T19. LB Kevin Morrison - Score: 7

LB runner-up

T19. S SparkySparky Boom-man - Score: 7
$: 4

Tier 2: Great Prospects

18. DE Carter Fox - Score: 7.5

DE runner-up

An award runner-up introduces us to the great prospects of this class.

T16. DT Devonte Crook - Score: 8
TPE: 4

DT runner-up

T16. KP Mills Wallace - Score: 8
RD: 2

KP winner

There’s our first winner! Wallace has put together a very complete resume on my scale, which, now that I think about it, would be better if it included some measurement of outside sim league experience.

T12. TE James Wilkinson - Score: 9
TPE: 5

TE runner-up

1st in TPE

James I can’t give you the three points for site activity if you hide your last online time. Truly tragic; the class’ TPE leader at a gargantuan 154 checks in at 12th.

T12. OL Cheese Farley - Score: 9

OL winner

Another winner clocks in here at 9 points.

T12. LB Duke Cheeks - Score: 9

LB winner

5th in TPE

And another winner! Cheeks is top 5 in TPE for the class, but doesn’t have the hefty bank account needed to overcome RPT and RD deficiencies.

T12. S Lorenzo Torch Smith II - Score: 9
RD: 3

S runner-up

We’re at the point where the “TPE: 0” will likely speak louder than any of the other perks to Smith II.

T9. DT Candice D. Fitinyomouf - Score: 9.5

DT winner
I believe this makes Fitinyomouf the first prospect to score positively by every metric.

T9. TE Borgo San Lorenzo - Score: 9.5

TE winner

9th in TPE

San Lorenzo can’t quite crack the 1-point RD threshold that would’ve vaulted him into the next tier, but wins the TE position nonetheless.

T9. CB Lawrence Miller - Score: 9.5

CB winner

10th in TPE

Miller rounds out a logjam at 9.5 points, and also scores positively in every category.

Tier 1: Can’t Miss

8. QB Joliet Christ Jr. - Score: 10
$: 3

QB winner

The class’s best signal-caller opens up the highest tier.

7. WR Madison Hayes - Score: 10.5

7th in TPE

Ridiculously, Hayes is 7th overall and by TPE but doesn’t even earn the WR runner-up. I hate this position.

T4. RB Drip Dad - Score: 11

RB runner-up

Dad puts together an incredibly impressive resume that would have him much higher with a fuller bank account.

T4. WR Tsuyu Asui - Score: 11

WR runner-up

2nd in TPE

Asui, the class’s TPE runner-up, boasts a hefty recreate bank account and glossy TPE numbers to lift her into the top 5.

T4. S Jim The Vampire - Score: 11

S winner

5th in TPE

Defense runner-up

GMs will read The Vampire’s stats above and draw absolutely nothing from the “RD: 0”. After all, he’s proven himself plenty with his recreate status and his earnings.

My cold, unseeing, unbiased (read: dumb) tally thinks we should knock The Vampire for it.

3. DE Bean Beanman - Score: 11.5

DE winner

Defense winner

Beanman takes the entire side of the ball! The RPT boost, plus a maxed RD category, lift Beanman over Jim The Vampire by just one half of a point. And yeah, that means our next two players must be on offense.

2. RB Xander Creed - Score: 13

RB winner

Offense runner-up

3rd in TPE

Creed, one of the class’s top earners, can’t get any points under my metric for RD despite hanging around numerous team LRs. Under a better formula, he might have been able to seize the #1 spot with the aid of the 2 RPT points. Instead, it goes to...

1. WR Eleven Kendrick-Watts - Score: 15
$: 4

WR winner

Offense winner

3rd in TPE

Okay, I know it looks bad to put myself first overall. It’s not rigged, I promise! 100% rig-free guarantee. Maybe next year I’ll adjust the formula, or something.

Happy drafting!

2699 words
1.5x Draft Media

Here is my data sheet, if you wish to look through the process or hunt for errors.

RE: Complete DSFL Prospect Rankings! - Pat - 11-21-2020

Rigged!

Wait you said it wasn't. Hm. Who to believe...

Fun article!

RE: Complete DSFL Prospect Rankings! - Vorshayla - 11-21-2020

HeHateMe PickSix II

I mean not sure where you're getting your numbers

but these are the real stats for me

SA : 3
TPE : 5 (i haven't been updated in like 2 weeks, but look at my banked)
RPT : 0

So at 10.. i should be a can't miss prospect, and people that know me, know I don't talk in discord unless it's important.. so.. there's that Tongue

RE: Complete DSFL Prospect Rankings! - WildfireMicro - 11-21-2020

#5 i like it

RE: Complete DSFL Prospect Rankings! - treant - 11-21-2020

Thank you for including me in this!

RE: Complete DSFL Prospect Rankings! - Jay_Doctor - 11-21-2020

HeHateMe PickSix must have had a child at a very young age

RE: Complete DSFL Prospect Rankings! - dogwoodmaple - 11-21-2020

Me, as a War Room member reading this

[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: Complete DSFL Prospect Rankings! - 124715 - 11-21-2020

(11-21-2020, 04:44 AM)Vorshayla Wrote: HeHateMe PickSix II

I mean not sure where you're getting your numbers

but these are the real stats for me

SA : 3
TPE : 5 (i haven't been updated in like 2 weeks, but look at my banked)
RPT : 0

So at 10.. i should be a can't miss prospect, and people that know me, know I don't talk in discord unless it's important.. so.. there's that Tongue
I'm ngl I just saw your audit post and didn't see anything after that and just marked it down so my bad on that. Draft this man @gms 

Also yeah if I do this again I'll try to find a way to incorporate a more direct recreate bonus to account for stuff like that

RE: Complete DSFL Prospect Rankings! - Bandit239 - 11-21-2020

Shoot Ill take second! Dang draft needs to hurry up already I wanna know where I end up lmao