International Simulation Football League
*Post-ISFL Draft Interview with Tugg Speedman - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Post-ISFL Draft Interview with Tugg Speedman (/showthread.php?tid=27758)

*Post-ISFL Draft Interview with Tugg Speedman - ComebackZak - 11-22-2020

Post-ISFL Draft Interview

With the season 26 International Simulation Football League draft now completed, the San Jose News Herald caught up with first round selection of our hometown Sabercats, Wide Receiver Tugg Speedman.

A little bit about our first round selection: Tugg attended Texas Christian University where he won a National Championship with the Horned Frogs and broke several school and National Collegiate Athletic Association records. Before that, Tugg dominated in the state of Ohio and hails out of Cleveland. This past season, Tugg was chosen with the last pick in the second round of the Developmental Simulation Football League draft by the London Royals. He helped take them to an 11 and 3 record however they lost in the Ultimini game to the Tijuana Luchadores.

Tugg is an exceptional athlete who excelled at the combine pretty much leading the other wide receivers in overall performance. His scores were as follows:

Wonderlic Score: 21
40 Yard Dash: 4.35
Bench Press: 11
Vertical: 28.8
Broad Jump: 130.1
Shuttle: 4.03
3 Cone Drill: 6.94

Now that you’ve been given a thorough introduction, let’s get into the interview.

Reporter: “Hi Tugg, congratulations on being drafted fourteenth overall to the back to back defending Ultimus Champions. How does it feel to be a San Jose Sabercat?”

Tugg: “Thank you! But yeah, it feels amazing. I know my worth and that is that of a first round pick. While I was being scouted, deep down I knew this is where I wanted to be and I’m beyond thankful that San Jose felt the connection too and things went down as they did.”

Reporter: “This team is lucky to have an elite receiver fall to them in the draft. Speaking of which, do you have any comment on not being the first wide receiver chosen in the draft. Leading up to it, you were pretty vocal about being the best wide receiver in this draft.”

Tugg: “Honestly, I have no idea what that team was thinking but hey I’m just a playmaker. I’m not the general manager of a team. Nothing against the man they took, I just know I am the best wide receiver in this draft and they missed an opportunity to pick me. Their loss and San Jose’s gain! Plus, I’d rather be playing in California than Canada, lets be real.”

Reporter: “I think most would agree with that sentiment! Since you were drafted Friday Night, have you had any discussions with the team regarding your role this upcoming season? How soon can we see Tugg Speedman ina San Jose Sabercats uniform? And does the back to back Ultimus champs make you want to come up immediately?”

Tugg: “Yeah so I will 100% be staying down with my Developmental Simulation Football League team the London Royals one more season then I will get the call up to the show. I am perfectly okay with this and already let the team know that if something were to happen that I will be here ready to go as a call up if they need me. Oh and to answer your last question, hell yeah I wasn’t to be here when we make it a 3-peat!”

Reporter: “I know all of us here in San Jose are excited a player of your caliber is waiting in the wings and ready for the call whenever it happens. Tugg thank you so much for giving us the time to talk to you briefly with your non-stop post International Simulation Football League schedule. Good luck with the London Royals this season and try to bring home that Ultimini championship!”

Tugg: “Of course! I’m more than happy to talk to the media. It’s the start of a beautiful relationship with San Jose, the Sabercat fans and media. I’m looking forward to another season in London to really leave my legacy there then come up and help San Jose to keep winning!”

(651 words)

RE: Post-ISFL Draft Interview with Tugg Speedman - Rradum - 11-22-2020

Happy to have you on the squad!
SJS