International Simulation Football League
*Week 1 - Standout players - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Week 1 - Standout players (/showthread.php?tid=2802)

Pages: 1 2

*Week 1 - Standout players - Kristy95 - 08-01-2017

I figured it would be good to give a quick summary of week 1 and some of the standout performances that we saw. First off, I want to mention that four records were broken in week 1. Nuck had the most rush attempts in a game with 30. Turkleton had the longest field goal with a 57-yarder. Tweed had the most rushing yards with 125 and Orosz had the best passer rating with 124.4 - congratulations to all of them! As new as this league still is, it is always great to be in the record books, even briefly! I will also say that this is only my opinion and should not be treated as gospel, but I do intend to do this after each week, we will see, depends if it is liked or not.

Quarterback of the week:

C. Orosz - Orosz had a fantastic week. He went 19/30 for 261 yards with 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. He broke the record for best passer rating of all time and had an incredible week!

Runner-ups: E. Hunt - 17/25 for 156 with 2 touchdowns and 1 interception. Not as many yards as Orosz but he was very effective. Without the interception he could have had a fantastic week.

J. Bercovici - 20/36 for 267 yards with 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. The interceptions were the big issue for Bercovici, without that he would have been a stronger candidate.

Runningback of the week:

B. Tweed - Tweed was another record-breaking performer. He had 27 attempts for 125 yards and a touchdown.

Runner-ups: A. Savea: Savea had a very good game, with 23 attempts for 82 yards rushing, as well as three catches for 41 yards in the passing game. He did not score a touchdown however.

D. Farlane: Farlane was the only other player to get over 100 yards rushing at 105. He did not score a touchdown.

J. Durden: Durden had a very good game, getting 69 yards on 22 attempts rushing and adding 2 catches for 12 yards. He scored one touchdown rushing and another one receiving to be one of the only players with two touchdowns.

Wide-Receiver of the week:

J. Garden - Garden had a true stand-out week, catching 5 balls for 102 yards and two touchdowns. He had a fantastic week!

Runner-ups: A. LeClair: LeClair was the other wide receiver with two touchdowns this week, but he only had four catches for 43 yards.

F. North: One of the highlights for the expansion team liberty, North ended up with the most receiving yards in the week, with 6 catches and 117 yards receiving.

N. Stormblessed: Stormblessed was close to the league lead in receiving yards as well, ending up at 6 catches and 113 yards.

Tight End of the week:

C. Gibson - Gibson was easily the tight end of the week. He contributed fantastically and had 6 catches for 53 yards and a touchdown.

Runner-ups: G. Wright - Wright had 5 catches for 27 yards and with that was 2nd in both categories among tight ends. Wright also showed he is a good blocker with 4 pancakes.

B. Bottles: Bottles had 3 catches for only 10 yards but he did catch a touchdown in the win for the Sabercats.

Offensive Lineman of the week:

B. Longshaw - Longshaw had the most pancakes in the league with 9 and allowed 0 sacks.

Runner-ups: J. Floggity: Floggity had 7 pancakes and also allowed 0 sacks.

G. Tech: Tech had 5 pancakes and allowed 1 sack, but helped Tweed gain record rushing yards.

Defensive Lineman of the week:

K. Hendrix - Hendrix was all over the place, getting 7 tackles, two tackles for loss and two sacks. He was a defensive force in this game!

Runner-ups: B. Bjornsson: Bjornsson had 5 tackles, one sack and caused a fumble.

M. Ramrio: Ramrio also had five tackles, also had a sack and had one tackle for loss.

Linebacker of the week:

L. Luechly - Luechly was an absolute monster this week, causing issues left and right. He had 11 tackles, added a league high 3 sacks, deflected one pass and also forced a fumble. That is a prime time player right there, what an amazing stat line!

Runner-ups: H. Ernston: Ernston had a very good game as well, ending up with 12 tackles, one tackle for loss and two sacks.

T. Varga: Varga had a league-high 14 tackles and added a tackle for loss and a forced fumble to his amazing week.

A Selich: Selich had a lesser amount of tackles than the others here with 8, but he also had a sack, a pass deflection and caused a fumble - a very good week!

E. Broadway: Broadway was one of only four players with multiple sacks at 2 and also added 13 tackles to that, the 2nd most in the league.

Cornerback of the week:

J. Canton - Canton had a fantastic game and had one of only two defensive touchdowns this week. He added a very high 5 tackles, had 3 pass deflections and the aforementioned touchdown came from his interception.

Runner-ups: D. Turner: Turner had three tackles, 2 pass deflections and one interception.

D. Lavelle: The first overall pick in the season two draft immediately showed what he can do, with two tackles, a pass deflection and an interception in his first game after being first overall pick.

Safety of the week:

S. Flock - Flock was the other player who ended up with a defensive touchdown. His touchdown also came from an interception return. He also added another pass deflection and 9 tackles for an absolutely amazing performance this week.

Runner-ups: L. Jefferson: Jefferson had a very solid game with 8 tackles, one pass deflection and one interception.

D. Speed: Speed showed his strength mainly as a tackler, with a staggering 12 tackles, but didn't add anything else on his stat sheet.

M. Kane: Kane is the opposite of Speed, with only one tackle, but he added a pass deflection and an interception.

Kicker of the week:

S. Harris - Harris had a perfect week, going 3 for 3 on field goals and one for one on extra points. Besides two short field goals he also managed a 55-yarder, the 2nd longest of the week.

Runner-ups: T. Turkleton: A record-setting 57 yard field goal was not enough for Turkleton, as he also missed a field goal from under 40 yards.

K. Laces: Laces missed a field goal under 40 yards, but made another. He was solid on extra points, making all four of them.

Punter of the week:

T. Turkleton - Turkleton had a league-high 11 punts, managed to put three of them inside the 20 (no one else had more than one) and also had the longest punt of the game at 61 yards.

Runner-ups: S. Harris: Harris had the highest average punt distance this week at 46.7 and also had one punt inside the 20.

And now let's take a look at the most important awards:

Offensive player of the week:

C. Orosz - Orosz was the stand-out offensive player of the week without a doubt. His performance was one of the great quarterback performances of all-time.

Runner-ups: B. Tweed: Another record-breaker, Tweed had a staggering 125 yards this week.

C. Gibson: Gibson was so much better than any other tight end this week and deserves a mention here.

J. Garden: Garden was the wide-receiver of the week with over 100 yards and two touchdowns.

Defensive player of the week:

R. Flock - Flock had an amazing performance overall and was the stand-out defensive player this week, especially with his defensive touchdown.

Runner-ups: J. Canton: Despite also having a touchdown, Flock had a slightly better week than Canton overall.

L. Luechly: The stand-out linebacker was all over the field for a myriad of contributions.

K. Hendrix: Hendrix was by far the best defensive linemen this week and earned his spot here.

Special Team Player of the week:

T. Turkleton - Turkleton had a record-setting longest field goal, while also being punter of the week. He was impressive in every aspect!

Runner-ups: D. Diaz: Diaz had two kick returns, one of which went for 72 yards (longest of the week) and with that return turned the game around.

S. Harris: The kicker of the week had a perfect week, hitting all of his field goals and extra points, including a 55-yarder.

And now the most important award:

Player of the week:

C. Orosz - Orosz earns the award for player of the week with an impressive performance that seemed flawless at times. Breaking the record for passer rating is a very good indicator of that.

Runner-ups: B. Tweed: Tweed had a fantastic week rushing the ball and broke the record for most rushing yards.

R. Flock: Flock was the best defensive player in week 1 and was great all-around.

And finally the team of the week:

QB: C. Orosz
RB: B. Tweed, A. Savea
WR: J. Garden, A. LeClair
TE: C. Gibson
OL: B. Longshaw, J. Floggity, G. Tech, T. Tebow, D. Koch

DL: K. Hendrix, B. Bjornsson, M. Ramrio
LB: L. Luechly, H. Ernston, T. Varga, A. Selich
CB: J. Canton, D. Turner
S: R. Flock, L. Jefferson

K: S. Harris
P: T. Tarkleton
KR: D. Diaz
PR: V. Bowers Jr.

Some follow-up Team of the week statistics. This is how many players each team had in the team of the week, surprisingly every team is in there!

Las Vegas Legion: 5
Baltimore Hawks: 5
Yellowknife Wraiths: 4
San Jose Sabercats: 4
Arizona Outlaws: 3
Colorado Yeti: 2
Philadelphia Liberty: 2
Orange County Otters: 1

*Week 1 - Standout players - SimmerDownBruhh - 08-01-2017

I would love to see this throughout the season!

Very well done!

*Week 1 - Standout players - Ben - 08-01-2017

(08-01-2017, 09:41 PM)SimmerDownBruhh Wrote:I would love to see this throughout the season!

Very well done!

For real this is awesome. Great way to have a quick catch up if you missed a few games etc.

(08-01-2017, 01:41 AM)SimmerDownBruhh Wrote:I would love to see this throughout the season!

Very well done!

Yeah I really want to do it every time, especially because then I can add little (2) behind someones name if they won an award a second time or if they made the team of the week a second time etc.

(08-01-2017, 01:48 AM)ardiesavea Wrote:For real this is awesome. Great way to have a quick catch up if you missed a few games etc.

Thanks! Also I just noticed I had mistakenly not put you as the 2nd running back in the team of the week! So congrats

*Week 1 - Standout players - Ltsmashie - 08-01-2017

I really like the idea of a "team of the week"

Good job.

(08-01-2017, 01:53 AM)Ltsmashie Wrote:I really like the idea of a "team of the week"

Good job.

I updated the post with some more team of the week statistics!

*Week 1 - Standout players - Dangles13 - 08-01-2017

Nice to see me get some love. Good article!

*Week 1 - Standout players - adam2552 - 08-01-2017

Great analysis! Love the team of the week idea!

*Week 1 - Standout players - Anti-Hype - 08-01-2017

Great read! That team you had at the end there would be deeaaadly!