International Simulation Football League
(S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal (/showthread.php?tid=28032)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

(S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - Baron1898 - 11-30-2020

(S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. All graphic responses must show at least some effort.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S26 claim thread.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit.
Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit.

We’ve had a number of incidences involving PT plagiarism. If you are caught stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please.

This task is due next Sunday, December 6th, at 11:59 EDT. Have fun and get writing!

Written Option: The offseason is a time of change. Tell us what has changed for your player or for your team since you last took the field. Are you loaded up with new weapons or a large cast of rookies? Has your player improved, or are they currently in the throes of regression? How do you think this season will play out differently than ones before?

Graphic Option: Show how your player or team has changed over the offseason. You can project expected stats, detail your team’s biggest pickups, or the like.

As always, you can link your affiliate PT:
SHL;
GOMHL;
PBE.

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - slothfacekilla - 11-30-2020

SHL PT

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - shadyshoelace - 11-30-2020

Nero Alexander is nearing the twilight of of his illustrious, hopefully hall of fame caliber career. As he enters his twelfth season in the big leagues, he is heavily regressing and expects to hand off the torch to younger players on the Yellowknife Wraiths defensive line. Although his speed and strength have not diminished, his old man body is getting tougher to condition and thus he's lost a great deal of endurance compared to his prime. While most people traditionally think of aging athletes as losing their athletic edge but making up for it with veteran wiles and technique, the opposite appears to be happening for Nero. His speed and strength remain elite, and he's only lost a bit of his agility, but his intelligence and tackling form have suffered greatly. It's probably the result of all those undiagnosed micro-concussions from banging heads with giant metal robot offensive lineman on every play. Hopefully as this season goes on, Alexander will be able to recover some of his memories and get the mental side of his game back into shape. This season will almost certainly not be as productive as the previous campaign, but the hope is that his speed and strength can make enough of a difference to expand on his career tackles for loss lead, but only time will tell.

Code:
221 words

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - bluesfan55 - 11-30-2020

shl pt: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=112420&pid=2948339#pid2948339

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - ValorX77 - 11-30-2020

PBE Affiliate PT

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - 124715 - 11-30-2020

Well, there was a pretty significant change for Eleven Kendrick-Watts the last offseason - he got drafted. The hard work, the scouting, the interviews, the media, all of it paid off and vaulted Kendrick-Watts up to the third overall spot in the draft. Despite being drafted, though, he managed to stay on the same team, the Coyotes. Kansas City had claimed Eleven off of waivers last season and thus he recognized a lot of the people in the locker room and around him. The offense had a lot of the same people: Matt Peterson would still be throwing him the ball, Owmy Back and H. H. Hopkins would still be there catching balls next to him, and Glims was still calling the shots on the sidelines. But it had lost some people, too: tackle Felix Archstone and wide receiver Arthur Naught, who'd mentored Eleven Kendrick-Watts during his waiver period. The defense featured a lot of new faces in the absences of Petey Patterson, Derek Wildstar, and others. Eleven realized that in his rookie season he would have to fill a leadership role on a team that underwent a lot of change this season. That's not to say the team would be bad, though: Kendrick-Watts realized the additions of superstar running back Xander Creed and top prospect tackle Cheese Farley would help the team a lot, and he's already enjoyed messing around with them in the locker room.

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - dogwoodmaple - 11-30-2020

Well things are a lot different for me as we enter the new season.  After one full season in Norfolk, I'm off to my new home in New York as a member of the Silverbacks.  It's a bittersweet move for me because I'm leaving so many of my good friends in Norfolk, but I am ready to make the jump to the ISFL and make my mark in the big leagues.  The franchise is also in a state of change, as we're only in our second year of existence. We've got a good mix of veteran players and young guns which will hopefully translate to a successful season in the Big Apple.  We had a really strong preseason, so I'm looking forward to seeing what product we put on the field.  I'm also transitioning from a starting role as a Seawolf into a reserve role as a Silverback.  It's a change that I'm completely comfortable with, though, because it truly gives us the best chance for success.  Overall, life is a lot different than when we ended last season, but I am thankful and ready for all of these new challenges.  One of the best things about New York has been the other young players on defense that I've been able to gel with.  The entire attitude is less about competition and more about growing as players and teammates and I know they'll have my back if I run into hard times.  They've made my move up the East Coast as easy as possible and appreciative of their trust in my player and his skillset.  Go Silverbacks!

267 words

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - 3lewsers - 11-30-2020

PBE Affiliate PT

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - Crodyman - 11-30-2020

Not much has changed personally for Gleel since last season: He remains in the DSFL for his third season and thus his TPE is well-capped, and he’s playing alongside Alejandro Chainbreaker again this season as the veteran duo looks to lock down the middle of the field. The biggest change is that he’ll no longer be playing alongside Damian Blackfyre, his close friend. There is at least some consistency on both sides of the ball for the Grey Ducks, however, as Negs looks to improve this season, and waiver pickup Madison Hayes has officially been drafted to take on the RB1 position.

I think this season could be hit or miss for the Grey Ducks. We’ve lost the dynamic duo of RB’s we had to start last season in Rotchburns and Vermillion. We lost some good players on the defensive line and were unable to fully address that area of concern in the draft, but there are still many high TPE earning players on this roster, so I still anticipate us being able to compete with any team in the DSFL.

It is a little bittersweet to see so many fellow S24 players being called up ahead of me, but I understand that everyone develops differently according to their strengths. It’s going to be very different this year not seeing some of those familiar faces out there that I’ve become used to competing against. I guess this is what being a veteran feels like.

(244 words)

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - WildfireMicro - 11-30-2020

Tsuyu Asui will improve tremendously from her waiver season i absolutely believe. This is he first year after being drafted, and for that reason she will definitely be used moree with her improved attributes and the fact that the team will probably need her more. Her Speed has improved over the offseason from 72 to 80, and her Hands have improved from 75 to 80 meaning she will be faster and catch a lot more. She had a lot of dropped passes in her waiver year and I really expect that to improve now that she has been fully drafted with a veteran quarterback in Cortez and an underrated running game helping set up the pass.

Another thing that has improved is her Agility, going from 61-67. Then her intelligence has gone from 52-54. A minor change but still should help not get penalties. I also plan to improve her Endurance so she can go longer and play harder in games. Overall I see Tsuyu improving a lot from just getting one or two catches per game in her waiver year and I see her getting a lot more involved in the offense especially when I earn more TPE and improve more stats. Nowhere to go but up when you are just starting out right?