International Simulation Football League
*Week 2 team ranks based on rushing performance! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Week 2 team ranks based on rushing performance! (/showthread.php?tid=28112)

*Week 2 team ranks based on rushing performance! - snazzlepuss22 - 12-03-2020

This wording is getting confusing...Yet again I return to rank teams based on week 2 starters performance.

This week it is going to be running backs or at least whoever made the most rushing attempts on that team(I don't know, I'm not a doctor).

Also I'm basing it solely on rushing stats and not receiving.I'm ranking by Touchdowns > Average > yards (I'm sure you will let me know if this is stupid)

Running Backs

1.  NYS  Ashley Owens - 67 Yards on 16 Carries (4.2 avg.), 2 Touchdowns
I realize I'm beginning to seem a little biased here but the performance is undeniable. Tying for the highest amount of rushing touchdowns this week and averaging a nothing to scoff at 4.2 yards a carry it was not a difficult decision to rank Owens at the top here. In a close game getting into the redzone is a must and being able to keep the ball secure by rushing it is a very important thing. 

I award you with the “King kong ain't got nothin' on me” Award!

2.  SAR Raphtalia Chan - 72 Yards on 18 Carries (4.0 avg.), 2 Touchdowns

Chan was able to get into the endzone twice and net a respectable 4 Yards a carry in this blowout of the winless Salamanders, enough to get them ranked 2nd on this very high class publication. 

I award you with the “Even numbers are neat” Award!

3. AUS  Zoe Watts - 86 Yards on 22 Carries (3.9 avg.), 2 Touchdowns

If I were ranking different Watts would be at the top of this list, tying for the most rushing touchdowns in week 2 as well as boasting the highest number of yards(out of those with 2 TDs) and an average of 3.9 yards a carry. Zoe Watts was paramount in getting a tight win over the Hahalua. Unfortunately having more touches means a worse average and therefore I have to put Watts as third on the list. Sorry Copperheads fans.

I bestow upon you the “Help I've been robbed” Award!

4.  OCO  Tatsu Nakamura - 50 Yards on 13 Carries (3.8 avg.), 2 Touchdowns

Coming in fourth on the list, Nakamura found the endzone twice in the not so close matchup with the Sabercats. 
The now undefeated Otters running back managed 50 Yards on 13 Carries in this 34 – 21 Victory, both touchdowns coming in the third quarter. 

I give you the “If I'm pronouncing your name correctly, does that mean I'm a weeb?” Award!

5.  ARI Gunner Thorbjornsson - 74 Yards on 15 Carries (4.9 avg.), 1 Touchdowns

Thorbjonsson had the best yards per carry on this list, even though Thorbjornsson split touches with Darren Pama he managed to really turn on the burners every time he touched the ball. Smashing into the endzone on a one yard run he managed to score when he needed to. Unfortunately with only 3:43 left on the clock and being down by 6 the Outlaws couldn't manage to get the ball back and score in time to stay in the game. This ones on the defense breaking in the fourth quarter.

I award you with the "Engage hyperdrive" Award!

6. CHI  Julio Tirtawidjaja - 91 Yards on 22 Carries (4.1 avg.), 1 Touchdown

Tirtawidjaja pulled one of the better yard totals and averages out in this week 2 matchup. Plowing into the endzone on a 5 yard run for a score helping elevate the Butchers victory over the Yeti to 20 – 3. In a matchup with tackle numbers like this one, rushing into the endzone is a victory in and of itself. The Butchers are now one of 4 teams that are 2-0 in no small part of Tirtawidjaja's 
ability to run the ball.  

I grant you the “I actually felt the need to google your name” Award!

7.  BAL  Mathias Hanyadi - 121 Yards on 26 Carries (4.7 avg.), 0 Touchdowns

Hanyadi had the most rushing yards in week 2 and it wasn't really that close. Also managing the second highest yards per carry. It comes as no suprise as Hanyadi touched the ball almost as many times as Adrian Peterson did a game circa 2012. Unfortunately this wasn't enough to keep the Hawks in the game in this snoozefest of a matchup as they struggled to find their way into the endzone a second time.

I award you with the "Napoleonic March!" Award!

8.    YKW Acura Skyline - 91 Yards on 22 Carries (4.1 avg.), 0 Touchdowns

On the other side of the field was Skyline, managing 91 yards on 22 carries for a very decent 4.1 Yards a carry. The wraiths were able to use a duel attach in their running backs to pull out a victory against the hawks. Unfortunately for Skyline the other back was able to find the endzone instead, which caused Skyline to end up ranked number 8 on my list.

I give thee "I'm starting to rethink my ranking methods" Award!

9.  HON  Ayers, N. - 55 Yards on 15 Carries (3.7 avg.), 0 Touchdowns

Not much to say here other thank Ayers was overshadowed by the other running back on the team despite having 4 more touches than them. Ayers wasn't able to get much going on the ground and it appears the change up back thrived in this matchup. Unfortunately those touches may have cost the Hahalua a tight game.

I give you the "I'm sorry this came out sorta mean" Award!

10.  SJS  Jamar Lackson - 74 Yards on 22 Carries (3.4 avg.), 0 Touchdowns

Lackson was able to pick up 74 yards on the ground but having touched the ball 22 times is the reason they are ranked 10 on this list. 

I award you the "Sorry pal!" Award! 

11.  NOLA  Mike Rotchburns - 51 Yards on 15 Carries (3.4 avg.), 0 Touchdowns

I award you with the "Well now your backs gonna burn cause you just pulled landscaping duty" Award! 

12.  BER  Danny King - 60 Yards on 19 Carries (3.2 avg.), 0 Touchdowns

I award you with the "I ran out of awards ideas here" Award!

13.  PHI  Sam Torenson - 63 Yards on 22 Carries (2.9 avg.), 0 Touchdowns

I award you with the "You were better than at least one other person this week!" Award!

14. COL  Darrel Williams - 32 Yards on 12 Carries (2.7 avg.), 0 Touchdowns   

Williams unfortunately was only able to amass and abysmal 32 yards on 12 carries in a bad loss. But the yeti were only able to put 3 points on the board anyway.

I give you the "Oof, ouch, owie" Award!

RE: Week 2 team ranks based on rushing performance! - run_CMC - 12-03-2020

The “King kong ain't got nothin' on me” award may be the most prestigious award I’ve received— thank you for this honor good sir

RE: Week 2 team ranks based on rushing performance! - snazzlepuss22 - 12-03-2020

Anytime!

RE: Week 2 team ranks based on rushing performance! - Vainknight13 - 12-04-2020

I was mentioned as "the other back!" I'm counting it!!