International Simulation Football League
*Cornerbacks in Week 1 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Cornerbacks in Week 1 (/showthread.php?tid=2826)

*Cornerbacks in Week 1 - Kristy95 - 08-02-2017

Well since everyone is doing positional analysis I thought I would join that trend.

Cornerbacks had very mixed experiences in week 1 and it will be interesting to look at that going forward. These rankings are just based on statistics from week 1 and my own opinion around them.

Week 1 cornerback ranking:

Tied for 15th:

A. Hayden, Colorado Yeti COL
D. Cutler, Yellowknife Wraiths YKW
M. Spector, Orange County Otters OCO
T. Shoate, Las Vegas Legion LVL

All four of these players ended up with one tackle and no other contribution to the stats sheet.

14th: K. O'Sullivan, Philadelphia Liberty PHI

O'Sullivan ended up with two tackles and nothing besides that.

13th: M. Peterson, Las Vegas Legion LVL

Peterson stayed without a tackle, but had a pass deflection.

12th: L. Morgan, Las Vegas Legion LVL

Morgan had three tackles for the Legion but could not add anything else.

Tied for 9th:

A. Delacour, Baltimore Hawks BAL
P. Carter, Colorado Yeti COL
T. Oles, Philadelphia Liberty PHI

Delacour, Carter and Oles all had a very decent game, leading to five tackles for each of them. While that looks great on paper, you also have to wonder if some of those tackles came after catches they allowed.

8th: J. Williams, Arizona Outlaws ARI

Williams had a decent game with 3 tackles as well as a pass deflection.

7th: A. Petrakis, Orange County Otters OCO

Petrakis had a really impressive game. He accumulated four tackles as well as two pass deflections.

6th: X. Newman, San Jose Sabercats SJS

Newman had an impressive week one, with five tackles and two pass deflections.

Tied for 4th:

R. Reyez, Baltimore Hawks BAL
S. Maddox, Las Vegas Legion
LVL

Reyez and Maddox both had one tackle, one pass deflection and one interception so their impact was huge, a turnover can always be a big factor.

3rd: D. Lavelle, Yellowknife Wraiths YKW

The first overall pick in the season 2 draft had a successful week one, with two tackles, one pass deflection and an interception.

2nd: D. Turner, Baltimore Hawks BAL

Turner played really well and had an excellent week. He had three tackles, two pass deflections and an interception.

1st: J. Canton, San Jose Sabercats SJS

Canton was the cornerback of the week, with an incredible five tackles, three pass deflections and an interception that he returned for the only pick-six of week one.

Congratulations!

Graded
Payout=$387,000

*Cornerbacks in Week 1 - RedCydranth - 08-02-2017

I like to think that I'm so intimidating QBs don't even try to throw my direction.

*Cornerbacks in Week 1 - Kristy95 - 08-02-2017

(08-02-2017, 02:02 AM)RedCydranth Wrote:I like to think that I'm so intimidating QBs don't even try to throw my direction.

Certainly plays a factor in this. Id have to watch every game in detail to know that though!

*Cornerbacks in Week 1 - kckolbe - 08-02-2017

(08-02-2017, 03:02 AM)RedCydranth Wrote:I like to think that I'm so intimidating QBs don't even try to throw my direction.
Not giving up a catch is far better than tackling someone after.

*Cornerbacks in Week 1 - Oles - 08-02-2017

I do wish cornerbacks had more stats that could tell how they are doing and all. We only see tackles, ints and passes defensed, nothing else. Can't really tell whether someone had a bad game or a good game if all the sheet says are tackles.

(08-02-2017, 11:52 AM)To12143 Wrote:I do wish cornerbacks had more stats that could tell how they are doing and all. We only see tackles, ints and passes defensed, nothing else. Can't really tell whether someone had a bad game or a good game if all the sheet says are tackles.
So, once we have more games, you could compare how #1 WRs did vs your team compared to other teams. That's what I'll be doing for RBs to see what kind of coverage guy I am.

*Cornerbacks in Week 1 - Oles - 08-02-2017

(08-02-2017, 02:05 PM)kckolbe Wrote:So, once we have more games, you could compare how #1 WRs did vs your team compared to other teams.  That's what I'll be doing for RBs to see what kind of coverage guy I am.

That helps a bit, i wish there was like a passes allowed stat or something. That way if someone has 5 tackles and 5 passes allowed you can tell what was happening, would also show that the cb didnt allow any touchdowns(which could be another stat that would be useful)

(08-02-2017, 12:07 PM)To12143 Wrote:That helps a bit, i wish there was like a passes allowed stat or something. That way if someone has 5 tackles and 5 passes allowed you can tell what was happening, would also show that the cb didnt allow any touchdowns(which could be another stat that would be useful)
That would be amazing, but sometimes zone coverage or double coverage makes it tough to determine who really allowed the catch.