International Simulation Football League
*James Wilkinson’s First Quarter Update! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *James Wilkinson’s First Quarter Update! (/showthread.php?tid=28300)

*James Wilkinson’s First Quarter Update! - treant - 12-15-2020

I thought that it would be time for me to give another update on how things are going for James Wilkinson now that we have played four games and so are one quarter of the way through the DSFL season. It has been a season that has had a lot of ups and downs so far that James has been through but he is still having a lot of fun playing with his team which is the most important thing for him at this point in his journey to play in the ISFL!

The Buccaneers have played their first 4 games of the season and have won 2 of them and lost the other 2 of them. They have been having good moments and bad moments but the team is starting to find the feet that they need to win games and I am happy with the way that we are playing. 

If I think about what James has been doing on his own I don’t think that he has helped the team as much as I think that he could because he is still yet to score his first touchdown of the season. I hope that James doesn’t have to wait too much longer to score because it would be a nice thing to see but I am happy to have James play the role that the team needs and so it does not bother me if he is not being used as the type of Tight End that the team passes a lot to in the Red Zone! 

I have been having a lot of fun watching the games that James plays in and it is very exciting to see the game play out on the screen. I have not been able to have this type of experience in the other sim league that I am a member of and so it is a nice change of experience for me to able to enjoy this!

This week I had the first of what I am hoping will be many scouting conversations with an ISFL team. 

It was very interesting to be able to speak to a scout from a team in the league and get a feel for the kind of questions that teams are going to ask to me when the time comes to have more of these types of conversations. 

The conversation that I had with this team was very interesting because it was made clear that they were a team that had a space on their roster for a Tight End to join them. As I am someone who wants to continue to play in the position that I chose when I joined the league this was very nice for me to hear and the team that I am talking about quickly became an early favorite destination for me to think about when the time comes for the draft to take place! 

The other thing that I learned from having this conversation was I need to start to think about the way that I want my player’s career to go in advance. There are some questions that I was asked that I had not thought at all about and so I would like to be better prepared for when the time comes for me to talk to more people about this. 

But it was a lot of fun to be able to talk about these things and I can’t wait to be able to have more of these discussions with the teams who are interested in drafting James when there is less time in the season!

There is something that I think that I have needed to speak about after the last update that I posted about James and his experience in the league. 

There was one reply to the article from a person that I will not name who has been punished for the reply since then. 

I feel very sad that the person who posted this was punished in the way that they were because I don’t think that they meant to cause any one harm with what they said. The person was someone that I had spoken to while I was a member of the Portland Pythons and I believe they were saying that they missed James being a member of the team. 

The way that they said their point should have been different but I felt very guilty when I saw them get punished by the league because it was to me that they said it and on my article that it was posted. I would like to say I’m very sorry that they got into trouble, I appreciated the reply that they posted and I would like to give them my very best wishes for the future.

I am looking forward to the next group of games that the Buccaneers are going to be playing today. 

The next game that we will play is in our home arena against the Kansas City Coyotes. The Coyotes have lost all of the games that they have played so far this season and because they are having to travel to play against us, I think that this should be a game that we need to be able to win. 

The other game that we are going to play today will mean that we need to travel to play against the Minnesota Grey Ducks. We are playing against two teams that we have won more games than which means that I think that the team can definitely win and so I am hoping that we will be able to have a good day today! 

The SFC South conference that the Buccaneers are playing in is very close and it is very important that the team wins as many of these games as they can. I will be watching the games that the team plays very nervously and I will be hoping that James can do something to help the teams win the games even if it just means that he is blocking very well!

This brings me to the end of my latest update about James and his rookie season. I am looking forward to being able to write the next one later on in the season where I can talk some more about the things that are happening in his rookie season and what I have learned so far. I have had a lot of fun so far being a part of the league and I hope that will continue for me with the next games that I play!

Total word count: 1,106 words!