International Simulation Football League
On The Second Day of ISFL-mas - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Sim Info (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=476)
+--- Thread: On The Second Day of ISFL-mas (/showthread.php?tid=28304)

Pages: 1 2 3

On The Second Day of ISFL-mas - JPach - 12-15-2020

CORNERBACKS

What’s new for Cornerbacks in DDSPF21?

MORE STATS, BABY!!

Poll any user whose player is a Cornerback, and one of the biggest complaints you’ll get is, “I know my position is important, but you only get stats if you play Nickel Back (Chad Kroeger liked that).” For the most part, these complaints are valid. Unless you’re getting lots of Interceptions or Passes Defended, there aren’t a whole lot of Cornerback-centric stats in DDSPF16. This makes selecting CBs for the Pro Bowl and awards a little more difficult and one-dimensional, i.e. how many Interceptions and Defensive Touchdowns did they get?
Starting next season, the argument will become a little more complex thanks to the new defensive stats Targets and Catches Allowed. That’s right, we can now compare Cornerbacks (and defenders in general) by not only their volume stats, but also by how many catches they’ve actually allowed! It will be much easier going forward to claim that someone is an actual, “shutdown corner.”

YOU CAN SEE THE BALL MOVE ON PASS PLAYS!!
This is similar to what we highlighted yesterday with the Wide Receivers. On every pass play you will now see the ball move through the air, even if it’s an incomplete pass. For Corners, it now means that you can now get a feel for how much you’re being thrown at during the game, and how well you’re doing defending against the pass.

SIZE MATTERS!!
The proverbial game of cat and mouse between offense and defense will continue and expand in DDSPF21. In order to help defenses combat the new Wide Receiver archetypes, we’ve introduced Cornerback archetypes that will match up well against them. Much like in real life, our CBs now have different physical builds to them that inform how they perform on the field.

RADIO DEFENDER!!
A new feature that teams will get to tinker with starting in Season 27 is the idea of their, “Radio Defender.” Seen as the Quarterback of the Defense, the Radio Defender can give slight boosts to the performance of the entire defense, and those boosts are wholly dependent on the skills and experience of the player wearing the headset.

What’s going on with my archetype?
If there is one glaring issue brought on from the limitations of DDSFP16, it’s that players really don’t feel any different. Thanks to the improved sim logic and the new Trait system, we have been able to create diverse Cornerbacks that fill different roles better than before. To that end, we have collapsed some old Cornerback archetypes, and are introducing three for players to choose from. Each of these performs differently than others, so there will be some interesting choices for teams to make when it comes to creating their strategies and building their teams!

COVER CORNER
A style of player that was popularized by Hall of Famer Deion Sanders, the Cover Corner is known for their unmatched athleticism and speed which lets them drive on the ball and contest a pass thrown towards them. Small and quick, these players tend to shy away from contact, and aren’t the greatest at taking on a larger ballcarrier or blocker.

PHYSICAL CORNER
Bigger and stronger than their counterpart the Cover Corner, what the Physical Corner may lack in pure athleticism, it makes up for with size and strength, allowing them to both push around smaller receivers, and not be bullied by bigger-bodied receivers.

SLOT CORNER
Versatile and athletic, the Slot Corner relies on quickness and instincts to make plays all over the field. While it might not be as technically gifted or fast as the other two Cornerback types, the Slot Corner has a knack for being at the right place at the right time.

What are these Traits I keep hearing about?
New to DDSPF21 is the idea of
Traits. As your player progresses and increases in ability, you will eventually
unlock the opportunity to apply Traits to them. These will have real impacts on
how your player performs. For Cornerbacks the available traits are:

- SHUTDOWN CORNER
Do you think the forward pass is a stain on football and want to do whatever you can to make sure no passes are completed? The Shutdown Corner trait is for you! Player with this trait have a higher chance to defend against passes, helping keep those passing percentages to a more manageable 1950’s level.

- SLOT CORNER
It has been said that the Corner Blitz is the most underrated defensive play in all of football. With the Slot Corner trait, your player will have a slight speed boost when blitzing, meaning that when your coach calls on you to make a risky play, you can help make something happen.

- PRESS CORNER
Players with the Press Corner trait love to get up in the offensive player’s face. These players not only get a small boost to pass defense, but also are more likely to try and make a play in run defense.

-PERCEPTIVE
Some people just have an uncanny ability to be at the right place at the right time. Players with the Perceptive trait share in this quality. This trait gives your player a slight increase in your chance to get an interception, and also makes it easier for them to recognize the ballcarrier on any play. No more getting faked out by play action passes!

-COMPETITOR
How often have you seen towards the end of a game players missing on tackles that they would have made at the start? With the Competitor trait, your player will play just as strong at the end of the game as they were when it started. This trait also makes your player slightly better at defending passes.

-ATHLETE
Makes your player more athletic, and for defenders specifically it adds a slight speed boost while blitzing.

-ROLE MODEL
Role Model is the same for everyone – it makes your player less likely to commit penalties.

That's it for Day Two of the Eleven Days of Sim Migration. Be sure to check back tomorrow as we reveal another position!

RE: On The Second Day of ISFL-mas - .Laser - 12-15-2020

These abilities are going to be big aren't they? I love them

RE: On The Second Day of ISFL-mas - infinitempg - 12-15-2020

Will archs come with certain traits already unlocked? Seems reasonable to me.

RE: On The Second Day of ISFL-mas - Jo3fish5 - 12-15-2020

What does the athlete trait actually do

RE: On The Second Day of ISFL-mas - retrospace111 - 12-15-2020

How does Zamir Kehla Jr. sound?

RE: On The Second Day of ISFL-mas - Pat - 12-15-2020

(12-15-2020, 04:17 PM)Jo3fish5 Wrote: What does the athlete trait actually do

Turns your dot into a more .... sharp dot? Would that be aerodynamic or just plain dangerous?

RE: On The Second Day of ISFL-mas - zaynzk - 12-15-2020

(12-15-2020, 04:18 PM)retrospace111 Wrote: How does Zamir Kehla Jr. sound?

see the issue is that Zamir Kehla would only be like 6 years older than his son, I don’t like what that implies

RE: On The Second Day of ISFL-mas - retrospace111 - 12-15-2020

(12-15-2020, 04:24 PM)zaynzk Wrote:

see the issue is that Zamir Kehla would only be like 6 years older than his son, I don’t like what that implies
He’s a baller what can I say

RE: On The Second Day of ISFL-mas - Pat - 12-15-2020

(12-15-2020, 04:24 PM)zaynzk Wrote:

Thanks Zayn. You took something fun and made it wrong.

He can be Kamir Zehla (it's just Zamir with a fake mustache).

RE: On The Second Day of ISFL-mas - platanocat - 12-15-2020

Why, who is that