International Simulation Football League
*Plat's Week 10 ISFL Picks - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Plat's Week 10 ISFL Picks (/showthread.php?tid=28343)

*Plat's Week 10 ISFL Picks - platanocat - 12-18-2020

So for my Week 9 picks, I ended up getting five out of seven picks correct. Week 10 is going to be scary. I forsee another prediction massacre throughout the league. Or maybe all my picks will be correct who knows. Sim sports are weird. 

Week 10
OCO @ AUS
So of course I'm going to pick Orange County to win on the road against Arizona, but we need to give credit where credit is due. The Copperheads went on a winning streak that I don't think many people expected. I think their luck is about to run out though. Orange County has been dominating the offensive game all season and are probably going to be the ones facing Yellowknife in the championship. Time will tell though. Picking up another win on the road will certainly cement it for me. 

ARI @ HON
This is going to be a hard fought game. Honolulu's season is essentially over. So unless they have already begun purposefully tanking for a better draft position, I wouldn't put it past them to still fight tooth and nail (actually, I don't this rays have those) for a few wins to lessen the tarnishing of their reputation amongst the league. Arizona will most likely walk away with the win, but road games are always difficult; and Arizona is known for being consistent.  

SJS @ BAL
Wow. So San Jose actually picked up the win last week. Amazing. Kind of. Not really. San Jose is still showing that they have what it takes to be the best mediocre team in existence. The Hawks aren't doing much better. Well, actually they're doing worse because they're 2-7. HOWEVER, I can't really explain it but I feel like Baltimore might win this one. They have the home field advantage and I've been talking smack about them for several weeks. I feel like I'll have jinxed them a win by now. Maybe it'll be tonight. 

NYS @ NOLA
New Orleans wowed everyone last week with their one point win over the league's current top team; Yellowknife. New York also picked up a one score win at home last week against Philly. Of course I'm going to pick New York to win this week and here's why: they need to win. After their inaugural season last year went so poorly, New York is still trying to show it has what it takes to compete for post season spots in the way a toddler challenges older siblings to a boxing match. They need to prove they can win not only to the league but also to themselves. Also; I can literally never predict what New Orleans is going to do. Despite having the better record AND the home field advantage, I'm going to have to roll with the gorilla gang. 

BER @ COL
THEY DID IT. THEY FINALLY DID IT. Berlin had an exciting win last week and proved to everyone that they are in fact NOT cursed. Colorado was also able to pick a road win last week over Honolulu (oh wowee). Despite Colorado's lukewarm record, they're going to be fighting hard for a post season spot. I fully expect them to have pulled out all the stops and to have simmed this game like 5000 times. I expect Yeti to win on their own field tonight. 

PHI @ SAR
So if New York can do it, Sarasota can definitely do it right? It's no secret that Philly has postured itself among the other struggling teams this season. Sarasota on the other hand seems to be doing just fine, sitting pretty with a 6-3 record so far. Sarasota will most likely pull off an easy home win against Philly tonight. Sorry Pat and Cody. This game might be grody. 

CHI @ YKW

And finally, we have the top ranking team in the league right now in a matchup at home against Chicago. While I've probably talked enough about Yellowknife already, Chicago is actually showing that they don't go down easily. In their road game against Orange County they lost by only one score. While Yellowknife is by record better than Orange County, I expect this game to be little different from last week. Ultimately I had to pick Yellowknife as the Week 10 winners, but Chicago is going to make them work for it and Yellowknife fans are going to sweat. 

Thanks for reading <3

RE: *Plat's Week 10 ISFL Picks - Pat - 12-19-2020

I mean that game did get pretty grody.