International Simulation Football League
*Day in the Life of Cade York! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Day in the Life of Cade York! (/showthread.php?tid=28349)

*Day in the Life of Cade York! - LSUFAN101 - 12-18-2020

Day in the Life of Cade York

Hello everyone! Due to the fact that I am brand new to the ISFL, I figured I would document a few of my actions I take throughout the day to improve at kicking and punting all around. I obviously can’t include a few of the things we do at practice but I will try my best to be as specific and in-depth as I can be!

It starts off at 6:30 am, I have my alarm set for 6:15 and give myself about 15 minutes to wake up and check my phone before I get ready for the day. I’ll get up at 6:30 and begin getting ready. My morning routine is fairly simple and involves me showering, eating breakfast, getting dressed, and responding to any emails I received over the night. I normally take about an hour to get ready and eat so I leave my house around 7:15. Being a new pickup in Florida I am still figuring my living situation so I am staying at a friend’s house for the rest of this week. I leave the house around 7:15-25 and head to the training facility.

It’s about a 20 minute drive to the facility but today there was a little bit of traffic so it took about 25 minutes. We had an early morning special teams lift session today. The main goal was to work on our legs and I have been attempting to build or more leg muscle to nail some of these further kicks. After about an hour and fifteen minutes of lifting, I went back to the locker room to change clothes and went into the recovery room. I spent about 30 minutes in the recovery room watching some film and hoping to loosen my leg a bit, it had been feeling tight the previous night.

By the time I got out of the recovery room around 9:30, I am headed to an early day Special team’s meeting. We went over the film from the last two games and talked about some things that we need to improve in practice. One of those things was the Kickoff return for a TD vs TIJ. We got out of the meeting around 11 am and then went on to a team meeting where coach briefed us on today’s practice and the goals that we wanted to accomplish today. Practice starts at noon and we leave the meeting at 11:40 so we have about 20 minutes to get ready for practice. I normally like to have a small snack before practice, today it was a bag of chips and a Gatorade that I drank while I was getting taped and suiting up.

Practice went well today! I got some more work done on kicking long range field goals. As a special teams unit, we get a lot of one on one time with our Special Teams coordinator. It’s a smaller group and something that most people find unimportant but it does take a lot of hard work to perfect your kicking game. This week is a huge week of practice for our team and we will need to continue to play our best football each and every game to make sure we come out with a win. Despite being 7-0 there is still a lot of work to do. Overall today was a great day of practice and as a team, we had a lot of fun! Practice usually ends around 2:30 pm. After practice, I like to go get some lunch. Today I went with some chicken that came with a salad that had been prepared for us at the facility. It was really good! Some of the best chicken I had in a while. I liked the salad but wasn’t able to finish sadly. I got done with lunch around 3:00 pm and went back for a personal one on one lift session with our strength and conditioning coach. Once every week we get a 30-minute lift/training session and it normally is a pretty simple lift especially on a gameday or game week. At 3:30 I went back to the Special teams meeting room for our 2nd team meeting. This one is a review of some practice film and a preview of the film for our next opponent, the London Royals. Oh and yes Special Teams players watch the film too! We got out of the film room about 5:30 and that concluded all team meetings/practices for the day. I decided to go and try to get some kicks up and work on some mechanics in the indoor facility for a few minutes afterward. I ended up leaving the facility around 6:15 pm.

After I left the facility I went to meet up with some teammates and friends for some dinner. This was going to be my first time really leaving the house since I got to Portland so I am very excited! I got home around 6:45 and got ready for dinner. We were headed to a pizza place so it was going to be very casual. Didn’t take too long to get ready. Just had to shower and put on some fresh clothes. I ended up having about 15-20 minutes to relax so I watched an episode of Friends.

I left the house at 7:30 and arrived at the Pizza place at around 8:10. Quickly sat down with my teammates and ordered a Pepperoni Pizza with bacon. Might have been some of the best pizza I have had in a while! I actually had to order another one for dinner tomorrow! We were at the pizza place for about an hour. Ended up just talking about our early life and how we got into playing football for the majority of the night. When I got back to my place I turned on the TV and went to bed!

Code:
1000 words

RE: Day in the Life of Cade York! - .Laser - 12-19-2020

I see a Boe Jurrow :eyes: