International Simulation Football League
*S25 Draft: A Review of Early Rounds - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S25 Draft: A Review of Early Rounds (/showthread.php?tid=28510)

*S25 Draft: A Review of Early Rounds - Jimi64 - 12-27-2020

Every year the draft is mostly a collection of educated guesses. With unexpected life changes or a sudden loss of interest in the league, an enthusiastic prospect can quickly turn into a ghost. With that in mind, we can’t blame GM’s for drafting busts that didn’t show any red flags. Regardless, it can be interesting to look back on a past draft and see how those users have fared since the draft. The season 25 draft class was a reddit-advertised class, and it was therefore an intense scouting challenge that revealed a plethora high quality personalities and earners. Looking back, there are some well-known players I still hear a great bit from, such as Guy Fields, and others that I haven’t heard much about in a while, like Goat Tank. 

I had expected to be picked in the second round, so going in the third was a bit of a surprise. Although there’s absolutely no shame in being picked in the third during a reddit draft, it still motivated me to earn so well that other teams regretted passing on me. That also motivates my curiosity in seeing how players drafted before me have earned, to see if I have outperformed those other users. I’m going to just be looking at the first four rounds and TPE totals from before the draft (indicated on their draft cards) and the total from their most recent update. It is important to say, however, that TPE totals don’t measure impact on culture and locker rooms. Therefore, TPE only tells so much, and you can be a lovely person who contributes positively to your team without max earning. So don’t read too much into this stuff.

You can view the whole draft here: https://wiki.sim-football.com/view/Season_25_ISFL_Draft

(FYI: This article was written using TPE info from before the December 26 updates)

pTPE=previous TPE
cTPE=current TPE

Round 1

1. Swantavius Jones
Berlin Fire Salamanders

pTPE: 224  cTPE: 567
Total earned: 343

2. Dan Foster
Yellowknife Wraiths

pTPE: 236  cTPE: 573
Total earned: 337

3. Tex Wrecks
Philadelphia Liberty

pTPE: 275  cTPE: 594
Total earned: 319

4. Raylan Crowder
San Jose Sabercats

pTPE: 239  cTPE: 595
Total earned: 356

5. Albert Ruschmann
Colorado Yeti

pTPE: 232  cTPE: 570
Total earned: 338

6. Felix Archstone
Baltimore Hawks

pTPE: 231    cTPE: 510
Total earned: 279

7. Guy Fields
Honolulu Hahalua

pTPE: 235  cTPE: 556
Total earned: 321

8. Tayshawn Crunk
Arizona Outlaws

pTPE: 235    cTPE: 586
Total earned: 351

9. James Gath
Chicago Butchers

pTPE: 228  cTPE: 377
Total earned: 149

10. Medicinal Toblerone
New Orleans Second Line

pTPE: 254    cTPE: 598
Total earned: 344

11. Goat Tank
Orange County Otters

pTPE: 269    cTPE: 617
Total earned: 348

12. Peter Patterson 
Sarasota Sailfish

pTPE: 228  cTPE: 574
Total earned: 346

13. Hank Winchester
New York Silverbacks

pTPE: 248  cTPE: 596
Total earned: 348

14. Rich Triplet
San Jose Sabercats

pTPE: 236  cTPE: 596
Total earned: 360

Average TPE increase of the first rounders: 324.2

As expected, these users were, for the most part, surefire excellent earners. A couple players stand out as being a bit lower than the rest. Felix Archstone and James Gath were the only users to earn less than 300 TPE after the draft, with the later being the only not to break 200. Since Archstone is an offensive lineman, it is understandable that he not be entirely focused on max earning, since it’s simply not very necessary. However, cornerbacks have a variety of attributes that could benefit from TPE. They are one of the more TPE intensive positions in the league. With that in mind, Gath’s low earning makes him out to be a bit of a bust in comparison to other players. I believe he is also the only player from this round that is still playing in the DSFL. Switching our focus. Rich “This is my tweet to earn full money” Triplet has been the highest earner of this round. In fact San Jose drafted the two highest earners of the first round, with Crowder going as the fourth pick. Goat Tank is the only player that has broken 600 total TPE by his last update, though he did start with the second most TPE after the draft. Multiple players will be hitting that 600 TPE mark on their next update. Overall not much else of note. You usually know what you’re getting out of first round prospects.

Round 2:

15. Djibutee McJimmerson
Yellowknife Wraiths

pTPE: 233 cTPE: 574
Total earned: 341

16. Chuck Roth 
Arizona Outlaws

pTPE: 228 cTPE: 557
Total earned: 329

17. Killian Chambers 
Philadelphia Liberty

pTPE: 232 cTPE: 557
Total earned: 325

18. Tony Yeboah 
Baltimore Hawks

pTPE: 207 cTPE: 498
Total earned: 291

19. Adam Mellott 
New Orleans Second Line

pTPE: 228 cTPE: 557
Total earned: 329

20. Richard Leaking 
Orange County Otters

pTPE: 224 cTPE: 540
Total earned: 316

21. Davriel Lavigne 
Honolulu Hahalua

pTPE: 245 cTPE: 584
Total earned: 339

22. Doy Fieri
Arizona Outlaws

pTPE: 225 cTPE: 559
Total earned: 334

23. Rusty Rucker
Honolulu Hahalua

pTPE: 224 cTPE: 517
Total earned: 293

24. Dukburg Quakstak
New York Silverbacks

pTPE: 255 cTPE: 593

25. Jackie Daytona 
Austin Copperheads

pTPE: 210 cTPE: 540
Total earned: 330

26. Clay Stallworth 
Sarasota Sailfish

pTPE: 218 cTPE: 333
Total earned: 115

27. Dave Batista 
Colorado Yeti

pTPE: 253 cTPE: 583
Total earned: 330

28. Xmus Flaxon Jaxon-Waxon 
San Jose Sabercats

pTPE: 214 cTPE: 524
Total earned: 310

Average TPE increase of the second rounders: 308.6

Jackie Daytona is the only member of this round to still be playing in the DSFL. Of course, that is simply because he is a quarterback, and those need more time to develop in the minors, so he doesn’t really count. Not to harp on Gath, but through two rounds he’s still the only non QB still in the DSFL. That shows how successful this round turned out to be. The average TPE increase dropped by about 16 TPE, but in the grand scheme of things that isn’t much of a drop at all. Clay Stallworth is the clear outlier among this group, with his current TPE about 200 less than the others. He is an offensive lineman as well, so low earning isn’t a huge deal, but a quick look on his profile shows that he hasn’t been active since Halloween. This is surprising to me, simply because I remember seeing his name around to the point that I assumed he was a fairly strong presence. There’s a certain sadness I get from clicking on someone’s profile to find them inactive. It hits a bit harder when it’s from your class I think. I suppose that inactivity would make Stallworth the bust from this round. Besides him, the player with the next lowest TPE is Tony Yeboah, and he’s just barely under 500, which speaks to the strength of this round. Proud to see the success of my Norfolk buddies Rucker and Jaxon-Waxon.

Round 3:

29. NationalSimulation FootballLeague 
Colorado Yeti

pTPE: 218 cTPE: 533
Total earned: 315

30. Jameson Vermillion 
Yellowknife Wraiths

pTPE: 231 cTPE: 583
Total earned: 352

31. Jimi DeSoto 
Philadelphia Liberty

pTPE: 227 cTPE: 536
Total earned: 309

32. Damian Blackfyre 
Chicago Butchers

pTPE: 192 cTPE: 526
Total earned: 334

33. Donald McBobby 
Yellowknife Wraiths

pTPE: 248 cTPE: 367
Total earned: 119

34. Honky-Tonk Haywood 
Philadelphia Liberty

pTPE: 227 cTPE: 547
Total earned: 320

35. Wasrabi Gleel 
Chicago Butchers

pTPE: 206 cTPE: 519
Total earned: 313

36.  L'Gazzy Burfict 
Arizona Outlaws

pTPE: 229 cTPE: 570
Total earned: 341

37. Ananda Adyan 
Berlin Fire Salamanders

pTPE: 202 cTPE: 476
Total earned: 274

38. Lionel Rumper 
Honolulu Hahalua

pTPE: 222 cTPE: 315
Total earned: 93

39. Owen Holloway
Orange County Otters

pTPE: 221 cTPE: 536
Total earned: 315

40. Bronko Mills 
Orange County Otters

pTPE: 163 cTPE: 279
Total earned: 116

41. Bob Roberts
New York Silverbacks

pTPE: 201 cTPE: 527
Total earned: 326

42. Zach Crossley
San Jose Sabercats

pTPE: 222 cTPE: 528
Total earned: 306

Average TPE increase of the third rounders:  271.9

Well there I am, the grand reveal, pick 31. As it turns out I’m pretty run of the mill as compared to the other big earners of this class. This media will bump me up in money enough to get my equipment, so I’ll be that bit closer to the top. We are still seeing a bit of a quality drop at this point, with the average TPE increase going down nearly 30 points. I’m curious if this was good scouting by the ISFL teams in general, or if being picked in a higher round is motivation enough to increase your earning. Bronko Mills is the only player under 300 TPE, with others under 400 seeming mostly inactive. At that point they are still somewhat useful IA’s for teams to sign as temporary fillings for holes. Bit sad to see McBobby down there, one of the linebacker bros, and a real tackle machine in his time. Shoutout to Ananda Adyan, another good Norfolk friend. I remember being surprised to see Speculadora, Owen Holloway, drop to the third as a well known recreate. His attempted effort to exploit the 79 speed point in the prospect bowl and DSFL will go down in history. This is a nice round with some duds, but it seems at this point the picks start to get a bit risky. As I mentioned earlier, in some years this might not be too bad of a first round. Certainly many of the players were worthy of a higher round.

Round 4:
43. Mark Walker 
Yellowknife Wraiths

pTPE: 211 cTPE: 528
Total earned: 317

44. Darren Pama
Arizona Outlaws

pTPE: 228 cTPE: 566

45. Samuel Roes
Philadelphia Liberty

pTPE: 220 cTPE: 390
Total earned: 170

46. Gary Goodman
Baltimore Hawks

pTPE: 226 cTPE: 557
Total earned: 331

47. Sheed Thebaw
Yellowknife Wraiths

pTPE: 210 cTPE: 272 ®
Total earned: 62

48. Ben Alexander-Arnold
Austin Copperheads

pTPE: 195 cTPE: 366
Total earned: 171

49. Alex Reed 
Honolulu Hahalua

pTPE: 223 cTPE: 291
Total earned: 68

50. James Hoffman 
Arizona Outlaws

pTPE: 216 cTPE: 390
Total earned: 174

51. Cleg Manclaw 
Sarasota Sailfish

pTPE: 161 cTPE: 334
Total earned: 173

52. Mike Rotchburns 
New Orleans Second Line

pTPE: 232 cTPE: 469
Total earned: 237

53. Harley Fank 
New York Silverbacks

pTPE: 244 cTPE: 525
Total earned: 281

54. Timmy Dimbi 
Chicago Butchers

pTPE: 148 cTPE: 427
Total earned: 279

55. Angelo Cerilli 
Colorado Yeti

pTPE: 209 cTPE: 233
Total earned: 24

56. Brick Van Sanzo 
New York Silverbacks

pTPE: 189 cTPE: 436
Total earned: 247

Average TPE increase of the fourth rounders: 205.1

I was originally only going to look at the first three rounds, but I was having enough fun with this that I went ahead and wrote out another round. This one was a bit harder to put together, with more players not on the current rosters of the teams that drafted them, so this is where I’ll stop, but I’m glad I still went ahead with this. Reason being: wow, look at that drop off. A whole 66 TPE decrease on the average of TPE earned. We have the only flat out retired player in this round, Sheed Thebaw. Said in his retiring post he’d keep up with Dallas and Yellowknife’s results. Wonder if he kept true to that. They are still some huge steals in this round, with the first popping to mind being Cody, Gary Goodman. I mean, the man is a co-GM now, so clearly something was missed when scouting him. Mark Walker and Darren Pama were two great picks that just barely missed out on the third round. The other huge steal was Harley Fank for New York, who has been earning exceptionally for them. Picks like these are why New York has seen the amount of early success that they have for an expansion team. Unfortunately for Colorado, they picked the player with the least growth that is seen in this article, with Angelo Cerilli clocking in at just 24 earned.

I hope you enjoyed reading about this draft class and potentially having a nostalgic moment if you’re from S25. The fourth round is as far as I’m willing to go, but if anyone is willing, they may go ahead and continue through the draft where I left off.

RE: S25 Draft: A Review of Early Rounds - zaynzk - 12-27-2020

I really Like this article as it kinda tells the whole story a lot more that current TPE. I hope you do this again in a few seasons cause it will be interesting to compare growth rates

RE: S25 Draft: A Review of Early Rounds - Air Crou - 12-27-2020

I got more TPE than most here lmao!