International Simulation Football League
(S26) - PT 5 - Fortune Teller - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S26) - PT 5 - Fortune Teller (/showthread.php?tid=28531)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

(S26) - PT 5 - Fortune Teller - Kyamprac - 12-28-2020

(S26) - PT 5 - Fortune Teller

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. Graphic responses must show more effort than a text box on an unedited image.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S26 claim thread.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit.

We’ve had a number of incidences involving PT plagiarism. If you are caught stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please.

This task is due next Sunday, January 3, at 11:59 EDT. Have fun and get writing!

Written Option: The New Year is fast approaching along with a flashy new sim, a wave of re-creates, and a potentially larger draft class overall. What do you think 2021 is going to look like for the league? Do you think the new sim will dramatically impact player/team performance? Are there any specific players or teams you think will stand out from the rest in the coming months?

Graphic Option: Create a graphic showing the steps your team or player will take to adjust to the new sim.

Affiliate claims from SHL, PBE, and GOMHL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there.

RE: (S26) - PT 5 - Fortune Teller - DApolloS - 12-28-2020

SHL PT#5

RE: (S26) - PT 5 - Fortune Teller - Seymour - 12-28-2020

SHL PT

RE: (S26) - PT 5 - Fortune Teller - deadlunatic - 12-28-2020

2021 going to be crazy. I think the teams that will do the best with all the change are the ones with the best leadership. A new sim, re creates galore and of course the potential for a large draft class will favor the leadership of the teams who historically do well. Teams that have a history of performing well, who do their homework as far as drafting and strategies that utilize their players the best according to their strengths. Teams like the Yellowknife Wraiths, the Orange County Otters and the Colorado Yetis are all teams that seem well run and generally are contenders. I can't speak for their respective locker rooms, but I imagine they are solid locker rooms as is the Wraiths. When your players are on board with and willing to make changes to help the team, good things will come out of it. So, new year, new sim, I think the better franchises will rise to the top and create and early blue print for what works in new sim and the other teams will attempt to copy it with hopes for success. I think the new sim will have the biggest effect on team performance, player performance will remain largely the same. Teams will have a harder time testing strats and will have to rely on a different sort of testing and more in theory this should work so lets give it a try. In the end, the good teams with quality leadership will rise to the top and remind everyone why they are the best franchises.

RE: (S26) - PT 5 - Fortune Teller - SamTwoSix - 12-28-2020

I think due to the rapid amount of changes that are present in this league, the landscape of the International Sim Football League is going to change a ton over the course of this offseason. Now, I myself am a semi-active here in the International Sim Football League so this point task is gonna be a bit tough for me to write due to the fact that I don't really know how the new sim works, team needs, and stuff like that. However, I do know that big changes are coming as the new draft class has various recreates. There are many notable recreates entering this draft- Laser and JPach being the ones I remember most. Now, while I think the new draft class will change the ISFL a lot, what's going to change the league as a whole is the new sim. Lots of new archs will be made and I think that the sim as a whole will be much more organized and immersive as a whole come this time next year. There are so many caveats and nuances that the new sim brings to this league, and it will definitely be interesting to see the new archs get to work and see how the forthcoming classes develop. The big change come 2021 will be the sim, imo.

220 Words

RE: (S26) - PT 5 - Fortune Teller - zeagle1 - 12-28-2020

SHL PT

RE: (S26) - PT 5 - Fortune Teller - bluesfan55 - 12-28-2020

shl pt: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=112848&pid=2962693#pid2962693

RE: (S26) - PT 5 - Fortune Teller - IsaStarcrossed - 12-28-2020

With all the massive sweeping changes happening in the league, I think we will see a huge shift in the league for 2021. With the new sim and a lot of the veteran players now retiring and recreating, I think you're going to see a shift away from the old guard of this league. I think a lot of the heavily involved old guard were staying involved purely off of their experience and their vast knowlege of the previous sim. We were already seeing a wave of older players stepping away from jobs and recreating purely to earn accolades and awards on their new players. I think the sim change will make it even worse. You're going to see a ton of recreates over the next couple seasons as veterans of the league realize their career trajectories are thrown off and now they have to learn a whole new sim as well. I don't think mosy of them have the energy for thay, so you will see many retire and start over with the intentions of just being players and relaxing for a while in the league. More than that I think with the limitations of the sim and the overall lack of knowlege, you're going to see less selflessness. I think it's going to be a lot harder to convince veterans to swap positions as there just isn't enough evidence showing that you make the team better by swapping. I think once these veterans start stepping away and become focused on their own players, loyalties and willingness to do whatever their origin team is going to fall away. I think its really going to shake up the league structure and that we have some interesting free agencies on the horizon. I don't see any of this as a bad thing and I'm excited to see if any of this comes to pass. It'll be interesting ig a new sim is what finally shakes up the landscape of the teams in this league.

RE: (S26) - PT 5 - Fortune Teller - 124715 - 12-28-2020

I'm beyond excited for the league's immediate future. On a personal level, my player is about to be drafted into the ISFL and that's an exciting thought. Additionally, my DSFL team is likely to hold the first overall draft pick in what's shaping up to be a historic draft. Actually, let's talk about that draft. It's one of the main reasons for my excitement. It already has over ten members with the trade deadline still not here, and some of those are extremely high-profile recreates. They'll play in the trade deadline bowl, which will be the first ever ISFL game simmed on DDSPF21. They'll be complemented by a r/nfl crop that should be a big one, as the NFL playoffs will be beginning right about when the recruitment drive starts. I'm really hopeful that we might get to see a historic recruiting class, maybe even over 200 members. Lastly, I'm just excited for the new sim. I'm excited that players won't have to worry about the meta when building their players, and I'm excited that team strategies will be built on logic, intuition, and matchups rather than win% bashing. My last point is perhaps the most self-centered, but this is going to be my first full offseason as a rookie mentor, and I'm so excited to get to be involved with the r/nfl group. When I was a member of the S15 class, which was the first r/nfl group, I had a lot of fun just vibing in the rookie discord, and I'm hoping the S28 class will be just as legendary.

RE: (S26) - PT 5 - Fortune Teller - SchwarzNarr - 12-28-2020

I think it will be an interesting era for the league moving forward. With the sim transition, I anticipate a good number of retirees and recreates potentially earlier than careers should have ended, as older users are looking to set and break records within the new sim, and that wouldn't be possible on older players. While the past few Reddit drafts have offered the league the opportunity for expansion, I believe that this current reddit class will not, especially with how small the classes in between the reddit drafts have been. The number of retirees will make the draft class larger, but it will also hamper the current teams. Therefore, I don’t think that S28 will bring with it the expansion that everyone is dreading. This will offer some stability for the first half of the 2021 year, and the first several seasons after the sim.

I think that there will be shifts in the meta, as defensive line players may grow less happy with their stat lines, while having more and more human offensive line players will become the new norm and become an important asset to the team. I could see the future bringing with it a removal of OL bots with it potentially shifting to another position (Defensive Line?) or even eliminated all together as the league becomes healthy enough to continue to support teams without bot players at any position (outside of at the DSFL level). When we continue our league expansion, I would wonder if it will be at 16 teams or 18 where we might have 4 teams officially in the playoffs.