International Simulation Football League
*Salary Cap Proposal - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Salary Cap Proposal (/showthread.php?tid=2857)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

*Salary Cap Proposal - PoloPro - 08-03-2017

So the current 60 million salary cap is far to low and forces most players to write a shit ton of articles or make a ton of graphics. I understand the need to generate content for the community to keep everyone engaged, but I still think it is too low. With most S1 players taking a 3 year deal we are about have way through our rookie contracts. I support making the rookies work more to show that they are committed to being active. Once a player is out of their rookie deal though we should see the numbers jump. So here is my proposal and the limited math behind it.

I propose we bump the salary cap from 60 Million to 160 Million over the next two seasons as most of the S1 players will be out their rookie contracts by then. Here is my reasoning. I think once you are beyond your rookie contract you should be paid at least 6 million a year for being an active member this covers all the low end equipment and you will still have to write articles and such for your weekly training. I think if you are an Elite player which teams usually have about 5 or so you should be paid some where between 6 and 15 million depending on position and how dominate you actually are. This will cover most of the pro equipment you need for the year and then you will have to keep writing for your weekly training through out the year. I think teams will always have inactive players and I think rookies should stay about the same. So with this in mind I did some math.

The average roster has 29 players of those 29 lets say 10 are rookies 5 are elite, 4 are inactive, and 10 are normal members. If you do the math that's 20 million on rookies are 2 million a piece, 75 million on your 5 elite players who are maxed out at 15 a piece, 2 million on your 4 inactives and 60 million on your 10 normal players. with a grand total 157 million.

My biggest problem currently is that to keep up with the best people in the league I have to write a ton of articles to get all the gear and then keep writing for my weekly training. I think it is too much work when my contract only gives me a week and half of training. I think more of the work load should be on the contract to help you get the equipment and then you should have to write to stay active with the weekly training.

I look forward to everyone's comments and ideas! :cigar: :cigar:

450 words

GRADED

*Salary Cap Proposal - manicmav36 - 08-03-2017

While I agree that $60 million is too low, $160 seems too high... Maybe somewhere in the $120 million range? It requires a ton of writing to buy all appropriate gear but, it should be something that people have to work towards, reserved for those willing to put in the extra work.

*Salary Cap Proposal - Blaster - 08-03-2017

I think $160 Million is perfect amount as you say. NFL is about 160M I believe and honestly your reasoning is perfect. Don't think rookies should be paid as much as the veterans and especially the Elites. Contracts are only going to get higher and higher. But at the same time I think you have to limit the amount of money a certain player can make a season. Realistic amounts based on performance.

Equipment and Weekly Training is way too expensive. Lets say you buy an average 2 sets of pro equipment and 2 weeks of weekly training. Thats 10m. Average article probably has around 500 words which is about 500k so 2 a week for 1 weekly training which isnt bad.

(08-03-2017, 08:57 AM)Blaster Wrote:I think $160 Million is perfect amount as you say. NFL is about 160M I believe and honestly your reasoning is perfect. Don't think rookies should be paid as much as the veterans and especially the Elites. Contracts are only going to get higher and higher. But at the same time I think you have to limit the amount of money a certain player can make a season. Realistic amounts based on performance.

The problem with comparing us to the NFL is that they roster almost twice as many players as we do, with 53.

(08-03-2017, 09:03 AM)manicmav36 Wrote:The problem with comparing us to the NFL is that they roster almost twice as many players as we do, with 53.

Well then maybe things are too expensive? I meaning 15 million doesnt cover all the pro gear or any of your weekly trainings

(08-03-2017, 08:51 AM)manicmav36 Wrote:While I agree that $60 million is too low, $160 seems too high... Maybe somewhere in the $120 million range? It requires a ton of writing to buy all appropriate gear but, it should be something that people have to work towards, reserved for those willing to put in the extra work.

I agree I'm not saying cover it all I'm just saying cover most of it, all professional gear this year for me as a kicker was 12 million and i can almost guarantee that I will not be paid that much no mattter how active I am lol.

(08-03-2017, 08:57 AM)Blaster Wrote:I think $160 Million is perfect amount as you say. NFL is about 160M I believe and honestly your reasoning is perfect. Don't think rookies should be paid as much as the veterans and especially the Elites. Contracts are only going to get higher and higher. But at the same time I think you have to limit the amount of money a certain player can make a season. Realistic amounts based on performance.

Thanks man!

(08-03-2017, 09:07 AM)PoloPro Wrote:I agree I'm not saying cover it all I'm just saying cover most of it, all professional gear this year for me as a kicker was 12 million and i can almost guarantee that I will not be paid that much no mattter how active I am lol.

Absolutely, I totally get it. I just don't think that everyone should be able to buy all, or even some of the gear. I look at it as a reward for those that put in a ton of extra time and effort. I would love to be able to buy all the gear, but that just doesn't seem like it will be possible for me either. We just have a fundamental difference of opinions, I guess.

To reiterate your original point, I completely agree though, $60 million seems too low.

(08-03-2017, 09:12 AM)manicmav36 Wrote:Absolutely, I totally get it. I just don't think that everyone should be able to buy all, or even some of the gear. I look at it as a reward for those that put in a ton of extra time and effort. I would love to be able to buy all the gear, but that just doesn't seem like it will be possible for me either. We just have a fundamental difference of opinions, I guess.

To reiterate your original point, I completely agree though, $60 million seems too low.

Fair enough then :cheers:

*Salary Cap Proposal - Blaster - 08-03-2017

NFL players dont use 1m every week for training. Definitely need more money, 120m minimum imo