International Simulation Football League
*What is C.A. Chess doing in Colorado? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *What is C.A. Chess doing in Colorado? (/showthread.php?tid=2865)

*What is C.A. Chess doing in Colorado? - 4D Chess - 08-03-2017

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]QUESTION: IS CHESS PLANNING HIS ARIZONA EXIT??? [/div]
Rumors are swirling as Chester Albert Chess has been spotted in Denver despite the fact that his current team, the Arizona Outlaws, won't be playing the Yeti on the road for another two weeks. According to NSPN's Bal Balontonio the wide receiver has been in consideration for the open General Manager position. It seems that the Yeti and the head office of the NSFL have reached out to Chess to gauge his interest in potentially coming aboard.

Chess' career with the Outlaws has been one of off-field success, he's meshed well with the Arizona locker room and sources close to the player say that it would have to be an enticing deal to get him to leave the desert. On the field, Chess the receiver didn't wow anyone Week One when he garnered just a single catch. Week Two saw a bit of a bounce-back performance, Chess led the team in receptions and took in his first professional touchdown.

As of right now, nothing is for certain. Chess is happy in Arizona but has made it known that he wants to work in the front office of a team, and the chance to jump into a lead role for a contender such as the Yeti only appears every so often. For his part Chess has been anything but outspoken on the issue, telling a gaggle of reporters only: "My agent and I want to make it extremely clear that we are excited to be in Arizona, and any meeting with the Yeti have been preliminary in nature."

Another possible motive for the move to the Yeti? C.A. Chess' love of pot. The star wideout has talked openly about joining a team in a state where marijuana is legal. Could that be what knocks this move over the finish line? Only time will tell.

A FEW DAYS LATAH

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]"I'M NOT FUCKIN LEAVIN"[/div]

"Sike!" That was the quote that Chess left for reporters inquiring about his possible leap to becoming a Yeti. Just how close was it? "We were already sort of discussing possible trade packages to get me over there. Hell, we were even planning out where and when we were going to make the announcement in Denver. I felt like I really could've gotten along with the new GM'ing team over there. But at the end of the day, you just can't replicate the chemistry I feel in the Outlaws locker room and that doesn't even mention the fact that we are championship contenders. When ADwyer offered me a seat at the leadership table, I realized that I was appreciated and respected in Arizona and that was just too much to throw away. I'm in it for the long haul with these guys."

Off-the-field it's tough to tell the exact role Chess will play. "Honestly, it's kind of an embarrassment of riches in the Outlaws locker room. We've got people like Er, Asylum, and Youngcricket who are all helping out ADwyer. I've never been the type to worry about what exactly my role is, but I feel like I have a lot of good ideas and generally a good sense of the direction of the team/league. I'm excited to help out in any capacity they need me."

On the field it has been a bit of a mixed bag for the rookie wideout from the University of Michigan. Currently tied for third in the NSFL in receiving touchdowns, he's lived up to his "red-zone threat" moniker. Certainly fantasy owners who took Chess would like to see an uptick in yards and receptions, but Chess will be sitting behind two established receivers for the forseeable future. "For right now, I'm just focusing in on improving my skills. Evans and Jackson aren't going anywhere. They're world class. I'm learning the ropes, this is my rookie season and I'm just having the time of my life getting acclimated to the league. There's exciting things in the Outlaws future, and I want to be a central part of it all.

Word count: 681

Graded
Payout=$1,081,000

*What is C.A. Chess doing in Colorado? - tlk742 - 08-03-2017

grats on your first TD btw.

Nixon would not be happy about your pro-pot stance...

*What is C.A. Chess doing in Colorado? - 4D Chess - 08-10-2017

This biatch is ready for a grade finally.