International Simulation Football League
*Project Redraft: Rounds 4+5 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Project Redraft: Rounds 4+5 (/showthread.php?tid=28878)

*Project Redraft: Rounds 4+5 - Swanty - 01-09-2021

Code:
4,489 words

Please split pay equally between: @slate, @katarn22, @Swanty, @zaynzk, @.simo, @"Punter715", @Jo3fish5, @ReverendOReily, @zeagle1, and @Hordle

Hello again! Today’s installment of Project Redraft sees Rounds 4 and 5, with 20 more talented users/players taken off the board. For a quick summary of this project, 10 of us have created 10 brand new teams and are drafting teams of 25 ISFL players as if we were starting a new league, focusing not only on current TPE and ability but also user contributions and future potential.

Here are the teams and their respective logos, all designed by @Mojojojo

1. Slate - Santiago Condors
2. Katarn - Seoul Searchers
3. Swanty - Tokyo Tanuki
4. Zayn - Fargo Woodchippers
5. Simo - Western Reds
6. Punter715 (Pat) - Munich Machtapparat
7. Joefish - Pacific Ocean Gulls
8. Rev - Bali Banteng
9. zEagle - Barbary Pirates
10. Hordle - Krakow Knights

Previous Installments:
Intro + Round 1
Rounds 2-3

Round 4, Pick 1 - Krakow Knights
LEON MCDAVID, Defensive Tackle (S21) NYS
@MN_Moosey - 1237 TPE

Hordle: But of course, I still wanted to build what I am now calling the Imperial Frontline. More aggressive front line. An interior rusher in the DT spot would allow for more aggressive attacking options against what could be a weaker interior line. So at pick number 31, I have selected Leon McDavid of the New York Silverbacks.. Hoping that having McDavid paired with Blackstone, with Quaid behind them, would create a blitzing force that has every QB in fear. McDavid currently has 9 sacks on the season. Hopefully we’ll see the same production, if not more, with my current line up. Another older player from season 21. A lot of these players should be fairly acquainted to one another. Hoping for team chemistry to be high because of this. My model for an aggressive defensive front is coming together with these picks. McDavid will be the anchor for both the defense against the run game as well as a blitzing attack. They can’t block everyone.

Round 4, Pick 2 - Barbary Pirates
KAI SAKURA, Wide Receiver (S23) YKW
@DarknessRising - 962 TPE

Zeagle: With my fourth pick, the Barbary Pirates select Darkness Rising! I think he might be the person I share the most ISFL tangental discord servers with! We are in the ISFL F1 fans server and I have recently joined the cricket sim league that he is in. I think we might have argued twitter once, but he is a cool guy and I am sure we can move past that. Hopefully. Darkness is an Aussie which is awesome. His player, Kai Sakura, is a fantastic choice to lead my recieving core. I have completely changed my strat from building a smashmouth offense to completely ignoring the offensive line and drafting one high TPE player at each position. I'm not sure how much I value WR; CHI have proven that having high TPE WRs is not the magic formula to success. I am hoping a balanced approach on both sides of the ball will allow me to exploit the weakness of the other, less balanced teams.

Round 4, Pick 3 - Bali Banteng
SULEIMAN RAMZA, Quarterback (S22) OCO
@Blasoon - 1056 TPE

Rev: With our fourth round pick, the Bali Bratwurst select a person that I absolutely adore, Suleiman Ramza. We did it everyone! We took an offensive player! By my calculations Ramza is the third quarterback off the board, with the first one, Colby Jack, coming all the way back in the first round at second overall, and the second one, Sam Howitzer, going at the top of the third round. This is another pick that works really well for me on multiple levels - I've secured my franchise quarterback for many seasons to come, and I've added another user I absolutely adore into my fledgling team's locker room. Suleiman Ramza took the league by storm last season when he did the unthinkable - posted pretty good stats as a rookie quarterback in this league. This season, the amount of volume Ramza received in the Orange County offense reduced a tiny bit  (544 pass attempts in S26 vs 587 in S25), but his stats increased in some key categories. His completion percentage rose by two points, and he posted one of the best TD to INT ratios in the league this season: 27 touchdowns to 10 picks. On the field, Ramza is sure to be an incredible asset to my offense; what better way to lay a foundation for your offense than by drafting an absolute baller at quarterback? Off the field, Blas is a seriously wonderful guy who will bring so much to this team, and I can't wait to learn more obscure medieval history facts in our new team's LR. I'm sorry to have to poach him from Orange County so soon after he became their GM. Tough break for the otters.

Round 4, Pick 4 - Pacific Ocean Gulls
MARIO VONPEBBLES, Defensive End (S22) BER
@Jangorhino - 1025 TPE

Joefish: Round 4 comes along, and you already know POGs going for another defensive pogger. Mario Von Pebbles is a great addition to the Pacific Ocean defensive line, and at defensive end he's the second member. MVP is over 1000 TPE as a season 22 player, something not everyone can say. The user, Jango, is such a great guy. Active in the locker room, active in other locker rooms, and he's gonna be one hell of an addition to the Gulls war room. He's also a graphics wizard, so he has all the money he'll ever need to keep on earning all the TPE he can, and he can make cool sigs for all the new POGgers. Even though his player had a lackluster season considering the amount of TPE he has, he can look past that to future seasons full of more TPE and hopefully better sim luck. I truly am getting a great  player and user and I'm lucky that he was still available at this point in the draft. Welcome to POG Jango!

Round 4, Pick 5 - Munich Machtapparat
MAVERICK BOWIE, Safety (S24) AUS
@Tonzy - 797 TPE

Pat: Four picks up for Munich, three Tijuana General Managers down. Before I talk about Mister Bowie here, I swear that I did not plan to draft mostly Tijuana players. It just so happened that Tijuana is the best DSFL team and as such the ISFL is full of fantastic players from the Luchadores. Okay guys I said nice things about Tijuana, please let me back in the locker room. Ahem, anyways, Bowie is one of the best young Safety players in the league. He might not have been the highest TPE on the board at this point, but I'm looking to the future and for style fits. Bowie is an old school Safety who likes to fly around the field throwing caution to the wind. With Witten shutting down opposing number one WR's, it will free Maverick here to do what he does best: cause chaos. Off the field, Tonzy is one of the most popular users in the league as a DSFL General Manager and a member of the Sim Team. When picking players I've been looking to not only the present and the future, and I know with Tonzy on board the future is bright.

Round 4, Pick 6 - Western Reds
HEATH EVANS, Tight End (S22) OCO
@Thor - 1129 TPE

Simo: After taking Michael Witheblock to be a receiving target I was looking through the board and realised I should just double straight back down and add the leagues best tight end to my roster. I am gonna need one eventually and the best is here now. Heath Evans Has really emerged in the last few seasons as an absolute freak at tight end and will be a solid consistent option for our quarterback. If the play breaks down just throw it this way and Evans will come down with the ball. Great user also with GM experience so will be a solid addition to our war room. It is always great to be able to talk through ideas and he will be huge for us there. After a few rounds I'm really loving to see how this offence is coming together and just dreaming about how well it's gonna work.

Round 4, Pick 7 - Fargo Woodchippers
PHILIP STEIN, Safety (S23) SJS
@IHateBobNutting - 864 TPE

Zayn: I wanted a person to fill my safety spot on my team, with another higher TPE player, and at this point alot of best safeties were flying off the board, so I knew that I had to make a move now to secure one that I liked. But although there were still a few S22 Safeties that I was considering picking at this point, I realized that S23’s Phillip Stein was still on the board, and was only slightly behind the S22 guy I was originally targeting. Phil is another Dallas guy who actually made me my first ever sig when I first joined the league. A great user who makes amazing Graphics, Phil is someone who may have flown under the radar compared to some of the other big names on the board. But what can I say the man has won 2 Ultimus’ with SJS, and has been playing with my 2nd round pick Bass for a few years now.

Round 4, Pick 8 - Tokyo Tanuki
HARRISON ANDREWS, Cornerback (S24) SAR
@abh89 - 775 TPE

Swanty: As my fellow GMs have picked clean the elite tier of S21/22 players, they have now begun to turn their attention to my target group of players, the S23/24 classes. Despite that, I believe CB Harrison Andrews has fallen a little further than he should have and I'm absolutely delighted to be able to take him at the backend of the fourth round. In terms of TPE, Andrews is the highest earning S24 cornerback and is already ahead of all S23 CBs except for Lesean Paris Crooks. He's also on pace to come close to the peaks reached by Brandon Booker if he continues earning well. But as well as being a max earning player at one of the most impactful positions in the game, user abh also brings a wealth of experience from his short time in the league, winning the DSFL's ultimate prize along with his new Tokyo teammate Maglubiyet. And as an added bonus, he's an all around great guy that I really enjoy shooting the shit with. With 3 of the first 4 picks being current or recent GMs, the Tanuki war room is shaping up nicely.

Round 4, Pick 9 - Seoul Searchers
MATT KRAUSE, Cornerback (S22) BER
@Reaper11B - 972 TPE

Katarn: I feel that these early picks should be focused on high TPE players who will serve as the cores of the offense and defense. One position group that benefits the most from higher TPE is the defensive secondary. The DB's need high combinations of multiple attributes in order to be effective in pass defense. By that logic, the selection of Matt Krause made a ton of sense here. With the earlier of selection of Shawn Dawkins anchoring down the starting safety spot, Krause will serve as Seoul's starting cornerback. Krause had a fairly quiet season this year with just 3 tackles for loss, 13 passes defended, and 0 interceptions. However, as the saying goes, the better the cornerback, the fewer stats. The Seoul Searchers intend to build a strong secondary and Krause contributes to that cause. As a user, Reaper11B is a member of the Berlin war room and a strong earner. While I do not know him too well, his Berlin teammates speak highly of him as he is a great locker room presence.

Round 4, Pick 10 - Santiago Condors
JAMES ANGLER, Tight End (S22) SAR
@tMuse - 1080 TPE

Slate: After taking some younger players with my previous two picks, it was back to the deepest well of high TPE players in the league - the S22 class. While I want a team that can mature into stars over the course of the next few seasons, I also don't want to miss out on too many players that can make an immediate impact. No one is going to want to come play for the Santiago Condors if their performance on the field is more like the Santiago Turkeys.

As I was looking at the players left on the board, I noticed that TE was incredibly thin among the younger players I was looking for. Angler is the only other S22+ tight end besides Evans at 1000 or more TPE, and the only younger player on a similar earning pace is S25 Dave Batista. I normally like taking the younger player, but to sacrifice nearly 500 TPE for a younger player comes with inherent uncertainty about whether they're going to continue earning on that pace to eventually reach the level that Angler is at right now. With all of that in mind, I knew that if I didn't take Angler with this pick, I would be kicking myself when I had to find a TE later in the draft. On top of all of that, tMuse is hands down one of my favorite people in the Sarasota locker room and has been the team's offensive captain both of the past two seasons, so I know I'm getting yet another great locker room presence for the Condors.

Round 5, Pick 1 - Santiago Condors
PATRIK MONEY, Defensive Tackle (S22) YKW
@PMoney - 1071 TPE

Slate: Having already selected 2 defensive players to be the foundation of the Santiago secondary and 2 offensive players to be the cornerstones of a versatile offense, I decided the next area to focus on in the draft would be the defensive line. Given that Hordle is one of the other GMs on this project I feel obligated to say D LINE WORST LINE, but if we're being honest with ourselves it's clearly the more important of the two in the ISFL. Hordle's own draft clearly reflects his true thinking on the subject.

All else equal I would probably prefer to start building my defensive line from the outside in with strong defensive ends who can pressure the quarterback and contain outside runs from the RB or QB, but the top end of that position had already been picked quite thin. I strongly considered selecting back-to-back Sarasota teammates with Son Goku, the top DE from S23, but I had an ace up my sleeve that I thought could get me better value in a later round. Sorry Naosu. Instead I picked up an anchor on the interior of my defensive line in PMoney, the 6th highest TPE DT in the league right now and just 40 TPE behind Tesla at the top of the S22 DT class. Money should be a force in the middle of the line that will make the jobs of whatever lower-TPE DEs I end up drafting later a bit easier. And of course I can vouch for the user as well, adding a 3rd user with GM experience to my team and someone who I know I can work well with from our time together in the Kansas City Coyotes war room.

Round 5, Pick 2 - Seoul Searchers
JOSEPH PETRONGOLO, Running Back (S23) BER
@Jo3fish5 - 846 TPE

Katarn: After a run of three defensive players, the Seoul Searchers turn back to the offensive side of the ball and select running back Jospeh Petrongolo. The second consecutive Fire Salamander taken, Petrongolo leaped into the spotlight this season. Amassing 1,937 total yards and 19 total touchdowns this season for Berlin, Joe was a key cog in their offense behind quarterback Nick Kaepercolin. As an S22 player, Petrongolo's very respectable TPE total should slot into the Searcher's offense very nicely. Having high TPE players at skill positions is a must for any team that wishes to be successful, and Petrongolo provides Seoul that opportunity. Off the field, user Jo3fish5 is seemingly everywhere in the league. Whether it's commenting applied on forum posts, or counting in almost every team's server, he is an active member of this community. He also puts out some very amusing media which I suggest all of you go read (RIP Dylan).

Round 5, Pick 3 - Tokyo Tanuki
BRACH THOMASLACHER, Linebacker (S24) AUS
@RDBSouthPaw - 800 TPE

Swanty: My first interaction with RDBSouthPaw was 10 days after signing up for the ISFL. He messaged me out of the blue and we had a nice chat about how things were going so far. He then reached out again a month or so later. Nothing to do with scouting, just checking in. A nicer guy you couldn't hope to meet in this wonderful sim league! But it's not just being a fantastic user, mentor and GM that he's got going for him. He also happens to be the 5th highest S24 player in terms of TPE in the league and the 2nd linebacker after his new teammate Juan Domine. With the new sim reset upon us, I'm excited to see what build Thomaslacher comes up with to help make the Tokyo linebackers one of the more terrifying units in the league.

Round 5, Pick 4 - Fargo Woodchippers
SON GOKU, Defensive End (S23) SAR
@Naosu - 917 TPE

Zayn: I do not know Son Goku user Naosu super well, but he did scout me for his SHL team, and I enjoyed talking to him and I think he might have drafted me if there were not better prospects out there (sick self burn Zayn). He is THE top earning DE in S23; and is my first pick on my defensive line. I very heavily considered taking him with my 4th pick, but I felt like I needed to take a Safety before it was too late; and I am very glad that Naoso found his way back to me. Football is won in the trenches is how the saying goes, and with the one and only Son Goku on my line, I feel confident in my teams long term success. D-Line is one of the top positions in the draft and to get one at 900 TPE with 3 seasons before regression is insane and I'm glad to have him

Round 5, Pick 5 - Western Reds
JAY CUE, Quarterback (S18) ARI
@Opera_Phantom - 1164 TPE

Simo: We'd got running backs, we've got people to catch the ball, now we need to fill the most important position on the offence - left tackle. For this offence to sing like a kookaburra in the autumn earning morning we are gonna need a great offensive line. I am working on that as we go but we are gonna have a line that won't let anyone through to even touch whoever this quater back will be and a great offensive line and left tackle is the key piece to that. The user here is also a great pick. Opera Phantom might be one of the most well known people around the league and will be a top shelf addition to our war room. I feel somehow they will also be a great coach for whoever we pick to throw the pig skin to our receivers. All around great pick and one of the easier ones I had to make.

Round 5, Pick 6 - Munich Machtapparat
ADELIE DE PENGU, Linebacker (S23) COL
@IsaStarcrossed - 962 TPE

Pat: So after my third pick I had decided that I wanted to play a defense-first, ball control style of football. In order to do that, you need to make sure you have playmakers at every level of the defense. I was honestly surprised to find Pengu, a nearly 1000 TPE Season 23 Linebacker still sitting here at the 46th pick. Pengu is by any definition a pure talent at Linebacker, making tackles all over the field, as he's averaged over 130 tackles over the past two seasons. Now, I'm going to say something that might surprise everyone as I am known as a bit of a social butterfly around here (Wait, I'm not? Well, fine then!) but I don't know that I've ever actually interacted with IsaStarCrossed since my first day in the league when he approved my player creation. But, I do know that Isa is a very well-respected user and known by just about everyone within the league. Once again I get a high-earning user and player on my defense that has a number of years to earn before regression rears its ugly head.

Round 5, Pick 7 - Pacific Ocean Gulls
TYCHONDRIUS HOOD, Wide Receiver (S23) SJS
@Tylus - 958 TPE

Joefish: A milestone round given that we made it to round 5 without any implosions, fights, or SLOWFOLK incidents, and a milestone for my Pacific Ocean Gulls given that we now have our first offensive player! Tychondrius Hood is an absolute unit for the San Jose Sabercats, and a cute one at that. Ty Hood had a great season recently, 1109 yards and 8 touchdowns through the air. This guy still has a good 3 seasons to go before regression starts to creep in. At 958 TPE, he's second in his class and I'm really glad to call him the POG WR1. His user, Tylus, isn't bad either. I remember meeting him back when we were both rookies. He was such a great guy and still is. We had a shared excitement when he got drafted in the first round! Ahh, those were the days. Now, I get to be in charge of him and the Pacific Ocean Gulls welcome a catchy boi and great user to the locker room.

Round 5, Pick 8 - Bali Banteng
ED BARKER, Wide Receiver (S21) NOLA
@Wombat - 1103 TPE

Rev: With the 48th overall pick in the ISFL redraft, the Bali Boogaloo select wide receiver Ed Barker from the New Orleans Second Line. After drafting Suleiman Ramza in the fourth round, it was time to get the man some company on the offense in the form of season 21's premier receiver, Wombat. Barker is the second highest TPE wide receiver in the league; the only receiver in the league higher than him is TPE Chad Michael Witheblock, who earns at a dare I say redonkulous pace. There's a lot of places this writeup could go from here - I could tell you about how adorable Wombat's sigs on the forum are (go check them out, I'll wait for you to come back), I could discuss how little I know about actual wombats (where do they live? what do they eat?), or I could wrap up my diatribe by reiterating the fact that I got the 2nd highest TPE wide receiver in the league at #48 overall. Barker may be a little older than the guys drafted before him, but that just means he's experience. Or something. 

Round 5, Pick 9 - Barbary Pirates
HAHA MANGO-PANDA, Linebacker (S22) SAR
@furiousPanda - 1002 TPE

Zeagle: With the 49th pick, I select one of my favorite users in the league, FuriousPanda aka Haha Mango-Panda! Full disclousre, I was planning on taking Brach Thomaslacher (South) here, but Panda is might actually work out better for my team, as he fits into my timeline a bit better as his player is older and has more TPE for my win-now approach. Panda was my GM for a couple seasons in Portland and is an awesome dude. I am hoping to lean into his experience as a former recruitment team member to help build an engaged and active locker room, and to help recruit free agents! He will be a value member of my war room. Haha Mango-Panda will Anchor my Linebacker core for many seasons to come. Continuing on my balanced approach to teambuilding, Panda will be my SLB, a position that his current team won't even let him play. I am expecting him to have over a hundred tackles and ideally hit double digit sacks as well.

Round 5, Pick 10 - Krakow Knights
ALBERT RUSCHMANN, Defensive End (S25) COL
@katarn22 - 601 TPE

Hordle: More Defense for the Knights. Albert “Geoguessr” Ruschmann is my pick at #50. A legend in his own right. This pick is both for a team need and just a LR pick. Katarn is pretty well known around the league, specifically in the DSFL for his calm demeanor and generally friendly attitude. He’s a solid pick for a war room and as just a future team captain in general. Maybe not on the field but in the hearts of many. Albert is currently the youngest member of my team. But another important cornerstone as he will be the one to most likely take on the reigns once Blackstone retires. Though unlike Blackstone, who is more of an aggressive talent, Ruschmann is more of an all around talent. Ruschmann will be looking to block any runs by the QB or RB. And secure sacks or TFL on the blitz packages. Which is fairly obvious but Ruschmann will be playing a more pivotal role in my defensive strategy. I’m looking for Ruschmann to be my security package in a sense, in case the aggressiveness fails. Ruschmann of course will not have all of this responsibility for himself. With Nikah backing him up further, my next pick will also be thrown into this mess of a strategy.

At the end of five rounds, the teams are as follows:

Slate – Santiago Condors
RB Zoe Watts
TE James Angler
DT Patrick Money
CB Brandon Booker
S Eugene Smoothie

Katarn – Seoul Searchers
QB Colby Jack
RB Joseph Petrongolo
LB Heinrich Kackpoo
CB Matt Krause
S Shawn Dawkins

Swanty – Tokyo Tanuki
QB Sam Howitzer
DT Tyler Montain
LB Juan Domine
LB Brach Thomaslacher
CB Harrison Andrews

Zayn – Fargo Woodchippers
WR William Lim
DE Son Goku
LB Lawrence Bass
CB Colt Mendoza
S Phillip Stein

Simo – Western Reds
QB Jay Cue
RB Raphtalia Chan
RB Jamar Lackson
WR Michael Witheblock
TE Heath Evans

Pat – Munich Machtapparat
RB Richard Gilbert
DE Troen Egghands
LB Adelie de Pengu
CB Andrew Witten
S Maverick Bowie

Joefish – Pacific Ocean Gulls
WR Tychondrius Hood
DT Otis Allen
DE Mario VonPebbles
CB Tyler Oles Jr
S Cuco Clemente

Rev - Bali Banteng
QB Suleiman Ramza
WR Ed Barker
DT Magnus Rikiya
CB Osiris Firestorm-Fjord
S Matt “Son of Havoc” Cross

zEagle - Barbary Pirates
RB Tatsu Nakamura
WR Kai Sakura
LB Haha Mango-Panda
CB Eldrick Avery
S Prince Vegeta

Hordle – Krakow Knights
DE Immanuel Blackstone
DE Albert Ruschmann
DT Leon Mcdavid
LB Douglas Quaid
S Jamie Nkiah

Let us know who's doing the best so far and whose team sux lmap. Keep your eyes peeled soon for future rounds!

RE: Project Redraft: Rounds 4+5 - Dewalt27 - 01-09-2021

Joe Sux lmap

RE: Project Redraft: Rounds 4+5 - slate - 01-09-2021

Look at all those fishes

RE: Project Redraft: Rounds 4+5 - Jangorhino - 01-09-2021

Joe HOF poggers

RE: Project Redraft: Rounds 4+5 - siddhus - 01-09-2021

Smh

RE: Project Redraft: Rounds 4+5 - Crodyman - 01-09-2021

i hope y'all are gonna plug these rosters into DDSPF16 and sim a season once the drafting is over.

THE PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW

RE: Project Redraft: Rounds 4+5 - SomeSay... - 01-10-2021

Ew I have to be teammates with Joe again.... smh

RE: Project Redraft: Rounds 4+5 - Wombat - 01-12-2021

O