International Simulation Football League
*AV for every player in the Prospect Bowl games! (Part 2) - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Statistical Analysis (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=153)
+---- Thread: *AV for every player in the Prospect Bowl games! (Part 2) (/showthread.php?tid=29141)

*AV for every player in the Prospect Bowl games! (Part 2) - firstfray - 01-15-2021

ready for grading, 2x - new user

We're back with some more statistical analysis of your prospects! After last nights exciting games, there have been lots of changes to the rankings. The prospect bowl day 2 started out with a blowout win by the Seafarers as they looked to bounce back from an ugly 0-3 start. The Seafarers racked up a crazy 30 points in just the first half! That was more points than any team had scored for an entire game! With a dominating offensive performance, many were wondering if some sliders had been adjusted to help the offense out. Whether things were changed or not, no other team quite matched the offensive domination the Seafarers showed in the first half against the Sols. 

I'm not going to go through all the explanations for how everything was calculated, if you want to read up on it take a look at Part 1.

For these day 2 games we saw a lot of movement in the rankings. So you won't have to go back and forth, I included a previous ranking column for where the player or team was ranked after the first games. 

First we'll take a look at the team points. 

[Image: TeamOffensivePointsDay2.PNG]

[Image: TeamDefensivePointsDay2.PNG]

Big moves on both offense and defense! The Seafarers ranked as the worst team but after a convincing 2-1 run they have shot up as the best team on offense and defense. Other than Jakarta, the defense didn't see too many changes, but on offense we see the Sols take the #2 spot as the Kiwis fall to last. 

Offensive Prospects

RB/FB Prospects

[Image: RbRankingsDay2.PNG]

For running backs we see Vasiliev dethrone Goose for the top RB but other than that we don't see too much movement. After a slow start, Grenouille finally finds his groove and works his way back into the pack. Taking a closer look at the ratings, Grenouille is receiving back with a speed rating of 60! His teammate Jackson, on the other hand, is a speed back with 76 speed and has double Grenouille's yards per attempt. Another example of speed is king is running backs for the prospects? Prince. Largely overlooked due to his success on the goal line, Prince is a power back with just 65 speed which gives him a 2.1 yards per attempt, not good when the other prospects are averaging about 4 Y/A. Everyone already knows this but speed is absolutely necessary to be successful. 

WR/TE Prospects

Now we get some exciting movement for receivers. 

[Image: ReceivingRankingsDay2.PNG]

Cowabunga manages to jump two spots to be the receiving leader thanks to his league-leading 4 touchdowns. Quick slips a spot despite leading the league in receiving yards and Y/C. The biggest surprise here is how far The Badger has fall. Previously ranked as the #2 Receiver, he has now fallen below the top tight end prospect. Looking at the team composition this isn't necessarily because of his build but because a new WR prospect was added to the Kiwis. Jackson was not part of the team for the first 3 games so The Badger got to hog a lot of the targets. 

For the tight ends, we don't see much change as Marriott stands out with his superior receiving ability. The biggest surprise has been Rodriguez who is listed as a vertical threat yet can't seem to rack up the receiving yards. He leads tight ends with drops at 9, which is more than his receptions. Going forward he will probably want to look into increasing his hands rating. 

OL Prospects

[Image: OLRankingsDay2.PNG]

We see quite a bit shuffle with offensive line as some top prospects fall and others rise. The tackles are generally ranked higher than the guards like the last ranking but it seems like the OL AV is too dependent on the teams success and may need adjustment going forward. 

QB Prospects

[Image: QBRankingsDay2.PNG]

To finish off the offense we look at he most important position! ReallyInvisible has been dominating the league with his arm but also his legs. As a scrambling QB, it is interesting to see that he the best passer in the league. Raske from the Seafarers is right behind him but as a gunslinger he doesn't bring a rushing element to the offense and that drops him below Arrow Jr. and Higgins, who are mobile and scrambler QBs, respectively. The extra games helped the "back up" QBs climb up the rankings like Arrow Jr. and Higgins. We also see why the Kiwis have been struggling. Both their quarterbacks are at the bottom of the league in AV.

Defensive Prospects

A quick refresher for defense: Each player had individual points calculated based on their stats and then the individual AV was calculated based on how important they were to the team. Based on what I've seen, I like the individual points more as its purely based on stats. To me, individual AV relies too much on the team success and I feel like the front 7 are favored more than the secondary for the AV calculations. 

CB Prospects

[Image: CBRankingsDay2.PNG]

Miller continues to impress the scouts. He has the most individual points by any player on defense, leads the league in interceptions, tied for 1st with 14 PD, and also has 2 FR and 2 FF to add on to his impressive stat line. Miller concentrated all his TPE into speed so he leads the league with 80 speed! Tingzpahcbol also has 80 speed but hasn't been quite as lucky. Sonjack is a new player and having only played 3 games has a disadvantage in individual points compared to the other CBs.

S Prospects

[Image: SRankingsDay2.PNG]

Safeties are starting to gain more stats but the biggest limiter for them seem to be speed. The safeties average a speed of 60 and for a position that needs to cover a lot of space to make the tackles or fly in for an interception, that seems to not be enough. For that reason, all the safeties have similar AVs and individual points so it is expected that there is a lot of fluctuations in the rankings. 

LB Prospects

[Image: LBRankingsDay2.PNG]

Happy day for me because my prospect is the best linebacker! A big surprise here because the top 3 prospects from last time have dropped to the bottom in AV. I usually focus my attention to the LB position when watching the games so as much as I would love to juice my prospect up, I feel like the LB position can be pretty inconsistent. Watterson led prospects in tackles last time but has fall in individual points after some quite games. The same can be said about Walls. I personally don't like using tackles because if you're in coverage and get the tackle that means you let them complete the pass, so not a good thing. And if you get a lot of tackles stopping the run that could also just mean that they're running to your side of the field a lot. One stat that seems to be accurate is sacks. The pass rushing LBs are getting the sacks and the versatile LBs have combined for 0 sacks. So, at least they are playing to their strengths.

DE Prospects

[Image: DERankingsDay2.PNG]

With a lot of shuffling in the AV and points ranking, its tough to determine who is the best DE prospect but Warthol and Project have definitely stood out the most. They both lead the prospects with 3 sacks each and Warthol is tied for the league lead for forced fumbles at 4. 

DT Prospects

[Image: DTRankingsDay2.PNG]

Gravity continues to stand out but the other prospects have definitely closed the gap since the last set of games. Here is another example of AV possibly being a bad metric for defense. Johnson has the lowest individual points but due to the recent dominance of Jakarta, Johnson ranks at #2 for AV. 

I will probably leave how AV is calculated for the last set of prospect bowl games but if I decide to do some statistical analyses for DSFL games I may have to make some more adjustments. I just want to remind all the prospects that might be disheartened by their performance that this is just your 50 base tpe so your actual player at kickoff will be much better than this!

I think I might also crown an OPotY and DPotY just for fun after the last set of games based on AV/individual points!