International Simulation Football League
*Owen Isaac - DSFL S26 Review - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Owen Isaac - DSFL S26 Review (/showthread.php?tid=29202)

*Owen Isaac - DSFL S26 Review - oji3001 - 01-16-2021

DSFL Season Review

Disappointing season for the team this year, man really bad how we have responded after last year winning the Ultimini, to only get 4 wins on the year is not good enough. First season to miss the playoffs since I joined. I feel like we just couldn’t get enough points on the board, only twice this season did we go over 20pts and won both those games.
For me personally this year, I felt ive managed to grow a lot after the first couple seasons down in the DSFL and was able to hit the ground running after the Ultimini win last season. I came away with the Defensive End of the Year Award, after clocking up 25 TFLs, 10 Sacks and 2 FFs. I do wish some of these could have converted into a few more wins for the team.
I wanted to take a bit of a look back and go over 3 of my better performances this season.

Wk 3 – Minnesota Grey Ducks
We came into this game 1-1 after getting a good home win against the London Royals the previous week. So, thought we could give a good account of ourselves and try to get to a good start and a winning record. Felt really good coming into this game.
But man, this game was an absolute slog. Our 3 possessions in the 1st Quarter all resulted in Punts and it was not until our last drive in the half we got into field goal range, but we just could not knock it through, but we at least managed to hold Minnesota scoreless in first half too, I think I had about 4 tackles (2 TFLS) and a Sack to help.
In the second half, our offense really needed to step up and put points on the board, we can do our art though and get good Territory and keep it tight on our end. Man, the ducks managed to get back-to-back FG from their first 2 drives, not helped by our QB throwing an INT, like glad we were able to prevent them getting into the endzone but our offense needs to start going. We must keep us in this one. In the 3rd Quarter managed to get back-to-back tackles, 1 for loss, of their RB to stall them that at least meant we would get the ball to start the final quarter to try to mount a comeback.
So, 4th quarter starts, and we have the ball at our 20. We managed to get a couple of 1st downs and drive looks promising but man an Unsportsmanlike conduct Penalty really put us on the back foot, and we were forced to punt again. We managed to hold’em off and gave the offense 6 minutes to get us down and get a TD. With our good stop the Ducks punted, and we got to start from our 43. Some rushes and a pass completion we got down to the opposition 26 and a 4th down and 3. We had to convert this we went for a Rush play and got stopped. Man, this was disappointing to be shut out. Conceding only 6 and managing to lose is a huge disappointment, the defence felt we did our job.

Wk 4 - @ Kansas City Coyotes
We headed into week 4 and new we had to bounce back after the previous week where we were shut out but only conceded 6 points from 2 FGs, we need to get a win if we were going to have a successful season. The Gm and coach made sure we all new what was expected of us and we had to go out and make it count.
Much better than last week we managed to string together a decent opening drive and end with a field goal on the score sheet. Our defence were able to hold the Coyotes to a punt on their first drive giving us the advantage. They end up holding us out on the next drive, so we punt back to them. They were able to put together some big plays on their next drive and managed to pull the game all square at 3-3. Our offence needs to respond, and that they did they put together some really strong rush plays and a few passes together, Drip Dad managed to find the endzone with a 9-yard rush to put us up 10-3 going into the half, as we miss a FG to go to a 10 point lead.
The 2nd half starts with a couple of punts for both sides, I managed to get at the QB once and sack Peterson for -7 yards and force them into a Punt. At the end of the 3rd Quarter Offmen manages to pick off the Coyotes QB for an Interception and return to the opposition 10 yard line. Tee managed to find Jurevicius on the 1st play of the 4th quarter for a TD. This gave us a 2-score lead and put us in a strong position in the game. We manage to hold them on their next drive, and we manage to score again, largely in thanks to a 68-yard return by Parker. Who then manages to get the 1 yard rushing TD to make it a 3 score game. The following Coyote drive took 6 minutes and yes enxced up in a TD but nicely killed a lot of the clock and leaving us still with the 2-score lead. This is how the game ends with a good win for the team taking us to 2-2.

Wk 11 – Kansas City Coyotes
Heading into week 11, we came off a good win in week 10, but were at a 4-6 record and in need of running the table in our final 4 games to have a chance at the Play-offs. Whereas the Coyotes came into this game with just 1 win. The Coyotes got the ball to start and we got a good defence and managed to force a punt out of them, Dimbi managed a great sack for -11 yards. Our first drive ended in a punt and when they got the ball back, we needed to keep the game tight and not let them score.  We managed that nicely I got a big tackle for loss that forced them into a Punt. Sadly, Tee managed to throw an Interception on our next drive to give them great field position. We managed to hold them to a FG to keep it tight. On the subsequent drive a big sense of déjà vu came over us as Tee thew another interception and we hold the Coyotes to a FG. This took us to end of the 1st quarter at 6-0 down. Coming out for the 2nd Quarter the Coyotes drove down the field and scored a TD to take a 2-score lead and put us in a tough position.
On the next drive our offence is stopped again with just the one 1st down achieved on the drive. Their next drive is driven down from the Coyote 145 all the way for a TD. Man, I tried to put a stop in here had 3 tackles for loss on the drive and each time they managed to find that 3rd down play to keep the drive alive. The 2nd Quarter ends with the score at 20-0, I managed to get a further TFL and a tackle, but they kept stringing together plays.
We begin the 3rd quarter with a 4-minute drive that ends in a punt. If we want to get back into this, we need something and soon. On the Coyote drive they manage a couple of 1st downs, but I manage to tackle Creed and force the ball out, Botie manages to recover the fumble and give us field advantage. We put together some good rushes but get held to a FG, arguably we need to go for these 4th down and short as 3 scores down but its good to get off the nil. We manage to contasin them on next drive and force a punt. From this thanks to the rush attack and a facemask penalty, Drip Dad manages to find the endzone from 6 yards. To take the game to 20-10 and give us a slither of hope going into the final quarter. Sadly, we just couldn’t put any more offense together and end up on the losing end 27-10.

And that was the season with the Awards season and offseason to begin I am expecting I will be up in the ISFL next season, it is a disappointing way to end my time with the Luchadores, even if we did manage 2 playoff runs and a Ultimini win in my time.

RE: Owen Isaac - DSFL S26 Review - Mooty99 - 01-16-2021

Stunning season for you, hope you having been eating all the pies ready to bulk up for your first ISFL season!